• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Sun Red Hack - Alolan Fire Red

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Hi there,

Thanks so much for the interest in the hack. Sorry about the late response, I was finishing up another hack for a different game. So the Necrozma event has now been fixed with the 1.4 update. If you already started you can still just patch a new rom and as long as it is called the same thing as your save file you can get right back to loading your save. As for the Charjabug evolution - Charjabug now evolves into Vikavolt at level 35.

Pokemon Sun Red Version 1.4
Download

Thanks so much for trying out the hack. I had so much fun making it and would love to hear some feedback so far.

Sorry about the late response, the hack that I was finishing up was for the PSX version of Final Fantasy 8 called the International GF Job System. If anyone has any interest in that you can find it here:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19123.0

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
I have a little problem, the trades doesn't change
The old man in Cerulean still offer me a Jynx for a Poliwhirl
Is the other trades in another place? Or is a error i have?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Hmm... so the Cerulean trade should give you a Zeraora for a Raichu. Is it the house next to the pokemon center? I tested this and it worked ok. This is how I received the Zeraora in the below image. What version did you patch? Let me know and I can test it on your version.

Screenshot_20190523-144150_My+Boy%21.jpg

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
Okay so i'll try to explain everything and resume at the same time (Sorry for any mispronunciation, english isn't my first language and i'm trying to practice)

So i download the 1.4 version in the first link that appear, patch my fire red rom (1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)) and play. I recently arrive to Cerulean city and i began to talk to everyone, to curiosity i go to see the elder who give you the Zeraora, and he still say that he give a Jynx for a Poliwhirl. "Huh, maybe the creator forgot to change the text and still say the old trade" I think, but just in case i capture two abras (One which is for the trade in the entrace of the digglet tunnel near Pewter city). I continue playing (love the game to include) and i reach Vermillon city, i go to see the girl who in the old trade gave you a Farfetch'd and it still say the same thing, so i go throught the Digglet tunnel with the Abra in the team to see, and it's say the same trade again! (a Mr. Mime for a Abra)

I make the trade and it give me a Mr. Mime, when i think it have to give me a Cosmog. "I'm think is a error, maybe the trades are no progammed in this patch", so i download the other patchs (1.2 and 1.3) And i patched a clean rom of fire red: first with the 1.2, then with the 1.3 and finally the 1.4; Nothing change. So i download the game already patched and patch it with the 1.4 version (Just in case is an error in my patcher), still the same. Idk what to do, I like and and i planned to use a Silvally with the ghost type. (I attached some images to show what i'm saying)

Pdt: A little bug and a question: 1. When you teach a TM to a pokemon without 4 move, the TM dissapear. 2. How is Cosmoem evolve into Solgaleo or Lunala? It can breed so i can have two Cosmog and obtain Solgaleo and Lunala?

Attachments

• Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 1.png
    Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 1.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 2.png
    Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 2.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 3.png
    Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 3.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 4.png
    Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 4.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 5.png
    Sun Red - Pokemon (U) 5.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Hm..ok. So I assume that everything else seems to be working, as in there are Alolan pokemon and your starters were alolan. (Just to be clear.)

Can you post your save file on here? Is that allowed? I would like to test this patch on the Squirrels Tom and see what happens. I had to change the names in hex manually so that would give me a good idea of what is wrong right away. If you can provide me with your save I will jump right to where you are to try and fix this. Thanks for the heads up. I will look into this tonight so you can try and get the Silvally.

So cosmoem breeding is an error that I will fix. Cosmog should evolve by happiness and cosmoem should evolve by level 43 if I remember correctly.

Also I do believe that the tm thing is a glitch caused by the reusable tm hack. Not sure exactly why. I will address that if I can find the solution.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
Yes, everything else is working fine. I can't attach the rom nor the savefile but i really want to continue the game, so I can give you my gmail via private message and send you the rom and the savefile there, or viceversa.
So the evolution of cosmoem to solgaleo or lunala is random? Because you're saying the evolution happen to level 43, but not the differences between the evolution to solgaleo and the evolution to lunala. Or is determined by something else (Example: Attack higher/lower that the defense, or is like the evolution of wurmple?)
And does that mean I can only get one Cosmog?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Ok so, just to start off, Cosmog evolves into Cosmoem at level 40 which is pretty close to what it evolves at in actual Sun and Moon. Cosmoem evolves into Solgaleo with a Sun Stone, or Lunala with a Moon Stone. To get their upgraded forms, use a Dawn Stone on them. I have updated the PokemonSUNRED_Pokemon sheet to show all of the Alolan Evolutions now. As for the Trade Issue, bear with me as I dive into the Hex editing since I couldn't find tools on trades for Fire Red and they need to be done manually. I need to look at my notes on Trades and compare them. This will be fixed soon.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Hey so, I didn't realize that I would need to list all of the evolution methods that weren't highlighted but I should have done that to begin with. All of the evolution methods for the Alolan Pokes are now in the Changed Document.

Pokemon Change Log

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
Hey CesarCraftGamer,

I wanted to get you going with the game again but I can't really test the trades right now since I don't have a save file near an in game trade. However, I did find that the Squirrels' Rom (1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)) has different offsets for the in game trades. I am not sure if that is the only difference between the roms because I have tested gameplay on Squirrels with success and it seems that you have had success except with the trades.

So I made the changes in the new Rom with HxD to match the trade data and made a patch specifically for Squirrels but like I said, I cannot test it. If you have the time or interest, try the below patch and see if trades work. If they do then I think it didn't work because my original patch was made with a different rom and the offsets for trades were different.

I don't mean to use you as a tester but I want to get this going for those with Squirrel's and I don't have the time right now to run through the game to Cerulean City. Maybe soon but perhaps you could get there quicker. Let me know, I hope it works.

Squirrel's Patch

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
So, first to say thanks for your help in the problem in the game and responding my questions. And now to the important part:
So i patched the game and revise the changes I'm can see in the moment: Cosmog for a Abra, Zeraora for a Raichu, Squirtle for a Horsea and Type:Null for a Ditto. These trade are fine. I change the abra in test and the Kid gives me the Cosmog
So i said to me "Well... the creator put me to see if the trades are normal, but i can't see if the trades out of my reach are okay... i'm going to be a good improvised tester and see if the other trades are okay", use a Walk throught walls code (I don't save in any moment so i can enjoy the game in the good way), catch all the necesary pokemon and see the others trades. Everything okay! ... Except for two thing:
1. The names of the trades Squirtle and so on have space in the begin. Example: " NULL" is the name of the Type:Null, or " Shlly" of the Squirtle
2. The trade of Rowlet for a Chikorita is wrong, the trade is a Spearrow for a Bayleef
So that the reports of the patch

Also, two mini requests if is not much problem to do it
1. Can you change the Miniode Rock/Electric Sprites and Icon (what does have the Orange minior) for the yellow?
2. Change the names of the legendary trades for other more... interesting (Nebby for Cosmog, Dia for Zeraora and Gladion for Type: Null)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
That's awesome. I appreciate your help with this. I really like the idea for the new trade names so I will see what I can do. As for the last two trades, I will get to them by next week and update the new patch.

I guess this will just require two separate patches for the two different roms. That sort of sucks but at least now I know both versions are working. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
One more thing, you seem to be pretty well into the game. Barring working out these smaller issues, What is your honest opinion so far of the hack?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
First of all your welcome, i'm only wanted to help

And yes, i'm really into this game because is the first time i'm can use the pokemon of the seventh generation, and i really like the idea of play Kanto in a different way, with the pokemon of alolan in the game
And i know some pokemon may have some things that doesn't like, like hy miniode doesn't have levitate? Or why Wishiwashi evolves again into Wishi if the Attack is greater that the Defense (Seriously, please reverse the evolution between Wishi and Wishiwashi because the attack of Wishiwashi is greater that it defense). But then i see things like Silvally being normal+the other type (I will use it because of the normal/ghost combination) some pokemon with good changes in their types and almost each pokemon have a signature move (I love make fake moves or fakemon, i'm really into the fandom and the games)

And idk, but I really like this game, is well enjoyable; especially if you love Fire Red/Leaf green and/or if you don't have the chance of try the 3DS games but you want to use these pokemon (Like me). So this game, for my part have a thumbs up! (And sorry for any mispronuciation)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 20, 2023
Hey! It's me again, coming with some errors i found and some thing you can change to make the game better (I Don't know if these errors appear in the other roms):
-There's a Bug in the evolution of Mimikyu to Mimikme, and in Dazzling Gleam showing it's type
-Maybe you should revise some attacks and fix it:
+Poison Dive, Snuggle and Dark Lariat should be Physical, not special
+Mind Smasher, Blackfire, Mach Arrow, Razor Shell, Fairy Fang and Anchor Shot doesn't do any damage
+Tectonic Rage should be Ground type, and Boomburst is bug type instead of normal
+Nature Madness should Halves the target HP, Solar Blade doesn't charge, Shadow Sneak Recover HP
+Spectra Tail need a better animation (The animation it have at the moment fit better with the move Psystike or Psyshock). Poison Dive needs a better animation too
+Doomfire should have the same animation it have Black fire or Flareball; Thunderslam the same animation it have Volt tackle, Soul Blaze the same animation it have Clang Scale
+Shell Trap should work like Focus Punch and be Fire type
+Plume Petal should change the name to Toxic Petals or be grass type
+Attack with long names should have the Japanese name. Example are: SparklAria to Bubble Aria , Dazzle Gleam to Magic Shine, NatureMadness to Nature Wrath, Etc.)
-Revise some moveset (For example, Xatu learn Wish and Future Sight at level 35, the it learns Confuse Ray at level 50, like "WHAT!?")
-Elevated the encounter rato of Wimpod, Golisopod and Kangaskhan
-Make Silvally:K evolve to Silvally, not to Silvally Silvally:T
-Make Miniode learn a least one move that are the other type it have (Example: the electric one can learn Shock Wave, and the ice one Ice Beam)
-Place the Move Reminder in Fuchsia City with the Move Deleter Plz!
-Make Move Tutors be infinites! And change some TM's and Move Tutor like
+TM01 Focus Punch to Focus Blast
+TM03 Water Pulse to Scald
+TM09 Bullet Seed to Leech Life
+TM12 Taunt to Poison Jab
+TM21 Frustation to Shadow Claw
+TM23 Iron Tail to Iron Head
+TM34 Shock Wave to Wild Charge
+TM41 Torment to Stone Edge
+TM43 Secret Power to Hyper Voice
+TM47 Steel Wing to Flash Cannon
+TM48 Skill Swap to Dazzling Gleam
+TM49 Snatch to Dark Pulse
+TM50 Overheat to Dragon Pulse
+Tutor of Body Slam to False Swipe
+Tutor of Counter to Flame Charge
+Tutor of Double-Edge to Giga Impact
+Tutor of Dream Eater to Earth Power
+Tutor of Mega Kick to Zen Heatbutt
+Tutor of Mega Punch to Drain Punch
+Tutor of Metronome to Signal Beam
+Tutor of Seismic Toss to Ancient Power
+Tutor of Softboiled to Roost

And i think that's all i can contribute with. I know that is more work for you to do, but i think that with the help of G3T (It's icon is a Timer ball) this could be more easy to complete

inared

Just a PokéCommunity User.
Years
It's okay the game, but this is an Remake, not an demake!

Im just finding Pokémon Sun & Moon Demakes for the GBA...
But i'll try this then!

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020
Can someone help me. I need to know the locations of cosmog,zeraoara and type:null

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 7, 2020
I have the problem for the trade I want cosmos,zeraoara and type null. Plz help me. The trade are not correct. I get the normal trade pkm of the original game.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2022
Joedram0, I keep getting the old in game trades. Plus my gba emulator doesn't run squirrel ROM on it. The hack I use I got from gbahacks.com labeled as sunred. Please fix this for me

Last edited:
Back