• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] 2019 Omega Ruby Shiny Team Challenge

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
So it's 2019, and I don't own a switch. Bummer. So here's the next best thing. I have Omega Ruby. I have a 3DS. Time for some nostalgia.

For those of you who are unaware what a shiny badge quest is, you're either not into shiny pokemon or just live under a rock. Either way, here's how it works. Before every single gym battle(and optionally before the elite four) you must hunt for a shiny pokemon. Essencially, in total, you need a minimum of 8 shiny pokemon(9 if you include the first gym badge requiring both a shiny starter and shiny wild pokemon.) My spin on it is simply that every team member that I have must be shiny, so no stress over the 8 shinies. However, there are a few rules in this.
-One shiny must be a starter
-One shiny must be a pokemon that mega evolves, discluding starter
-One shiny must be a pokemon with several evolution paths
-One shiny must be a pokemon that cannot evolve
-One shiny must be a pokemon that has a type advantage against your starter
-One shiny must be a legendary

I've got a clean slate 3DS game, saved right at the bag for the pokemon. Shiny Treeko is first on my list. Here we go. Oh, and feel free to take the challenge if you want. Probably not original, but something I certainly want to tackle.

Back