• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
Hello there! I have a question which i really need to be answered. I repointed the pointer which points to the OWS-table to 0x00801000 and i copyed and pasted the old OWS-table to 0x00801000. Then i added a new pointer to that table pointing to 0x00802000 where i've added a copy of the hero-data. Now i open NSE and go to "View>Offset". I tried putting in various offsets because i didn't know which one it wanted me to give. I tried giving it the offset to where the pointer to the sprite-table was (the one i repointed to 0x00801000), i tried giving it the offset to the actuall spritetable, i tried giving it 0x0080125C which is the pointer in the spritetable which leads to 0x00802000 where i have the sprite-data. All this, but i couldn't get the texture to show up in NSE!! And when i activate "Advanced Mode" and go to the first default sprite (Hero) I see that under "Sprite Pointer: " It sais "$H35BB68". When i once again put in "80125C" at "View>Offset" I see that "Sprite Pointer: " is the value which is changing. So i go back to the default hero and check the "Sprite Pointer: " and ofc it shows "$H35BB68" So i go to my Hex Workshop and go to the offset "0035BB68" but it just leads me to a bucnh of zeros?!?!?! So which offset am i going to add to "View>Offset"? I mean, if the no. 1 sprite which is hero points to "35BB68" which is only a bunch of zero's, how can that offset possibly give the texture to the hero? And how am i supposed to find the "zero space" of my sprite?!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hello there! I have a question which i really need to be answered. I repointed the pointer which points to the OWS-table to 0x00801000 and i copyed and pasted the old OWS-table to 0x00801000. Then i added a new pointer to that table pointing to 0x00802000 where i've added a copy of the hero-data. Now i open NSE and go to "View>Offset". I tried putting in various offsets because i didn't know which one it wanted me to give. I tried giving it the offset to where the pointer to the sprite-table was (the one i repointed to 0x00801000), i tried giving it the offset to the actuall spritetable, i tried giving it 0x0080125C which is the pointer in the spritetable which leads to 0x00802000 where i have the sprite-data. All this, but i couldn't get the texture to show up in NSE!! And when i activate "Advanced Mode" and go to the first default sprite (Hero) I see that under "Sprite Pointer: " It sais "$H35BB68". When i once again put in "80125C" at "View>Offset" I see that "Sprite Pointer: " is the value which is changing. So i go back to the default hero and check the "Sprite Pointer: " and ofc it shows "$H35BB68" So i go to my Hex Workshop and go to the offset "0035BB68" but it just leads me to a bucnh of zeros?!?!?! So which offset am i going to add to "View>Offset"? I mean, if the no. 1 sprite which is hero points to "35BB68" which is only a bunch of zero's, how can that offset possibly give the texture to the hero? And how am i supposed to find the "zero space" of my sprite?!

I'm just going to tell you how to add a new OW. First, never use the hero data for an OW template, pick a regular OW. Now, copy and paste the data that the pointer in our first table points to (the one that begins FFFF10) to some free space. Create a pointer at end of our table to this new location.

Now, modify the ini file for NSE to reflect the new location of our table.

Next, open NSE and go into options and turn "Advanced Mode" on. Then go under boundaries and turn them all off.

Now you should be able to edit your new sprite, very similar to how it works in OWERE. Remember to repoint the sprite pointer so a new bank. NSE can create this new bank, the in a preference option in one of the menus.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
If you run out of flags, I have a risky, but worth it solution. Just let me know if you do.

Please, never use that giant text again. Please. Also, the pallette is messed up because they both share a pallette. A much better way to do it would be to use GIMP and index them both with the same pallette before insertion. An even easier way, just use Wichu's Sprite Editor: The Advance Series. It does the pallettes for you and will also do shiny pallettes very easily.

Edit: I see you've already used Wichu's but your giant text prevented me from seeing the first part of your message. No kidding. Give it another try. The problem is that your images will have to share the same pallette before going into Wichu's sprite editor.

sorry for the giant letter, and thanks, ill give it a try later

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
I'm just going to tell you how to add a new OW. First, never use the hero data for an OW template, pick a regular OW. Now, copy and paste the data that the pointer in our first table points to (the one that begins FFFF10) to some free space. Create a pointer at end of our table to this new location.

Now, modify the ini file for NSE to reflect the new location of our table.

Next, open NSE and go into options and turn "Advanced Mode" on. Then go under boundaries and turn them all off.

Now you should be able to edit your new sprite, very similar to how it works in OWERE. Remember to repoint the sprite pointer so a new bank. NSE can create this new bank, the in a preference option in one of the menus.

Sorry if I sound noobish, I'm pretty new around... But how do I create the ini file?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
I forgot, NSE doesn't have one. Okay, open up the folder that cam with NSE Classic. Now, open the readme.txt file. There are instructions in it for making your own .ini.

THANKS! I really want to thank you, I've been asking like 10 questions in the past two days and YOU have answered them all, even though they are at different threads. You've really helped me and others out. Just wanted to thank you for putting your time in charing experience by helping ^^

karatekid552

Years
THANKS! I really want to thank you, I've been asking like 10 questions in the past two days and YOU have answered them all, even though they are at different threads. You've really helped me and others out. Just wanted to thank you for putting your time in charing experience by helping ^^

You're very welcome. I love answering questions so feel free to keep asking them. Have fun hacking!:D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
i have 2 odd situations going on...

1: i have map connection issues... when going from map 1 to map 2 it works fine... but when coming back they dont work... its like walking into a wall... the connection is there... looking at the header following the connection offset the hex info for the connection (its straight forward) is also correct... I cant find any reason y it wouldnt work...

2: I added a map bank 43... and have added 20 maps to it... it seems anything over 18 i cant warp to... i get black screens... there are no events on the map, no map scritps... no reason for it to do anything other than warp me to where i wanna go... but it dont :(

both these things work in advance map... by double clicking the warp i get warped... and by following the map connection it goes where its supposed to go...

all other map connections ive made have worked fine... and all other warps from the map im working with work fine (its the main town map so there are alot of warps)

is there a max warp per map? is there something im missing... just any ideas would help cause from looking at the code it seems right...

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
I have another question :P I have repointed my sprite-table, but how can i repoint the palette-table? I am importing a sprite from emerald and have to use a palette from there, but i don't know how to add new palettes :( Links to guides are strongly appreciated :)

karatekid552

Years
I have another question :P I have repointed my sprite-table, but how can i repoint the palette-table? I am importing a sprite from emerald and have to use a palette from there, but i don't know how to add new palettes :( Links to guides are strongly appreciated :)

This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
This is the only tutorial, but it require JPAN's engine. I know how to do it without, you just have to repoint the pallette table which is at 3A5158, then add more pallettes are set up in an 8 byte format:
Pointer (4bytes)-pallette number (1byte)-11-00-00. The origional table ends at 3A51E7 and there are three pointers to the origional table that need to be changed. Just search for 58513A08 and change all of the results.

the idea is the same... you dont really need jpans engine... I used that tut sucessfully without having that engine its just a lil more work and creativity is all...

karatekid552

Years
i have 2 odd situations going on...

1: i have map connection issues... when going from map 1 to map 2 it works fine... but when coming back they dont work... its like walking into a wall... the connection is there... looking at the header following the connection offset the hex info for the connection (its straight forward) is also correct... I cant find any reason y it wouldnt work...

2: I added a map bank 43... and have added 20 maps to it... it seems anything over 18 i cant warp to... i get black screens... there are no events on the map, no map scritps... no reason for it to do anything other than warp me to where i wanna go... but it dont :(

both these things work in advance map... by double clicking the warp i get warped... and by following the map connection it goes where its supposed to go...

all other map connections ive made have worked fine... and all other warps from the map im working with work fine (its the main town map so there are alot of warps)

is there a max warp per map? is there something im missing... just any ideas would help cause from looking at the code it seems right...

1. Can you go back and forth in A-map?

2. Sometimes maps get corrupted. Just insert the new maps that don't work into a new map bank and change everything to point to there new locations. Then everything should work.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016

Thx once again KarateKid552! I'll try it when i get home from my vaccation ;D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
1. Can you go back and forth in A-map?

2. Sometimes maps get corrupted. Just insert the new maps that don't work into a new map bank and change everything to point to there new locations. Then everything should work.

1. yes i can...

2. I tried once making a bank 44 and it did not work... but i shall try some more...

I did corrupt a map bad once... but they are fairly easy to fix in the hex editor... this stuff is pretty straight forward (1 month ago I had done no hex work or skripting... at all... it was all gibberish) its alot of fun to learn

karatekid552

Years
1. yes i can...

2. I tried once making a bank 44 and it did not work... but i shall try some more...

I did corrupt a map bad once... but they are fairly easy to fix in the hex editor... this stuff is pretty straight forward (1 month ago I had done no hex work or skripting... at all... it was all gibberish) its alot of fun to learn

If you can go back and forth in A-map, then just delete all map connections, save, and try again. Sometimes it just needs a reset.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I shall try this...

thanks

UPDATE (this totally worked, I 000000d the map connection offset and made them anew... works great)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
If you run out of flags, I have a risky, but worth it solution. Just let me know if you do.

Please, never use that giant text again. Please. Also, the pallette is messed up because they both share a pallette. A much better way to do it would be to use GIMP and index them both with the same pallette before insertion. An even easier way, just use Wichu's Sprite Editor: The Advance Series. It does the pallettes for you and will also do shiny pallettes very easily.

Edit: I see you've already used Wichu's but your giant text prevented me from seeing the first part of your message. No kidding. Give it another try. The problem is that your images will have to share the same pallette before going into Wichu's sprite editor.

I fixed it but there is a little problem, do i really need to have the same pallette?, cause look
It looks like:

When it should be looking with the skin more shaded, how do i do that?

karatekid552

Years
I fixed it but there is a little problem, do i really need to have the same pallette?, cause look
It looks like:

When it should be looking with the skin more shaded, how do i do that?

Yu have 15 colors plus a background color, (which will be removed) to work with. There are only two pallettes for each pokemon. One shiny and one normal. Therefore, you have to work around this. Each pokemon only has two pallettes for 4 sprites. This means two sets of front and back, one shiny one normal. Unless you can change the way the game operates, you have to work around it.

So for your thing, you would have to remove a color somewhere else if you want to have more shading on the face.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Hi guys, I'd like to know if I can insert a brand new pokémon. I don't know if I can do it just editing one of the existing pokémons or if there's another way. I would like to create a brand new pokémon with its own sprite and decide which moves it has to learn at which level. Am I asking for too much? XD Anyway if it is possible, I would like to know also if it's easier in Pokémon Ruby or DP (since I'm still not sure about which one to use for my project).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back