• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Damage Calculation

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 18, 2018
I was looking over the damage calculation and part of the damage equation is the user's attack / defender's defense.
But there are moves like growl that lowers the enemy's def by 1. Is it possible to lower the defense to 0? If so then what would happen, as you cannot divide by 0.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Attack, defense (and their Special counterparts) and Speed can either be increased up to 6 stages, in .5 increments ( i.e 1.5x, 3x etc...) or decreased up to 6 stages which is the inverse of the increase such as 1/1.5 = .67 or 1/4 = .25. This makes the cap for decrease 0.25x and increase at 4x

Also Growl reduces Attack not Defense, maybe you?re thinking of Tail Whip or something?

Back