• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☆ Chaos Control! :: Sonic the Hedgehog Club

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
I've never been "blessed" with playing Sonic '06
But I've heard it was atrocious, I'd like to play someday and see if it really is as bad as everyone says, from what I saw it seemed alright.
Believe me; everyone you ask who's played it will probably say it's bad, and you'll probably think so too.

But in my opinion, it wasn't THAT bad! Sure, the loading screens were annoyingly long (and plentiful... ugh...), and the ending was pretty disappointing, but if you can judge it by the game itself, it's actually quite enjoyable.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Here's a topic for us all:

The 3D Sonic games (Adventure, Heroes, etc.) have always had a bad rep. What is YOUR personal opinion of them?
With me, here's my opinion of all the 3D sonic games I've played:

3D Blast: Hated it. It's not real Sonic at all. Very difficult, and way too many "Kill all the enemies to move on" points.
Adventure series: First one was horrible, the second one was... meh. It didn't have the feel of Sonic. Also, a lot of the graphics were rather ugly.
Heroes: This one, while it did have the same 3D style of Adventure, it regained some points with its unique team-style of gameplay, switching formations to get through certain areas, it was fun. By no means did it meet the standards of the side-scrollers, but it wasn't horrible. About a 7.5/10.
Spoiler:

That's all the 3D ones I've played.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Joining... Loved sonic since Sonic Adventure, the blue blur was and always will be my favourite gaming hero.

Username: Jayster23
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Sonic and Nazo
Password: Emerald

My favourite Sonic games are probably Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2:Battle.
I prefer SA because you have the overworld where you can just roam around and i really enjoyed that. SA2:B if it had the overworld it'd be the perfect game, the chao garden is absolutely awesome.
Welcome to the club! I really love the hub/adventure field in SA too. Yay for another chao garden fan. :)

I DIDN'T FORGET THIS PLACE PROMISE.

Anywayy...

Are you going to purchase the re-release of Sonic CD?
Yes! I absolutely loved Sonic CD, I'm definitely going to get this, it'll be excellent I'm sure.

I STILL DON'T HAVE SONIC GENERATIONS I'M SUCH A BAD FAN -- But I'm getting it! Like for Christmas, I'll be playing on it so much haha all my people have told me it's amazing so I have high hopes for it!
Did you get Generations for Christmas yet? :O It's great.

Who here ever played 2006?
I did rent it, play it, and beat it without much problem. Tbh, I don't even remember much about it. It erased itself from my memory, good job, LOL.

The 3D Sonic games (Adventure, Heroes, etc.) have always had a bad rep. What is YOUR personal opinion of them?
If I didn't play the Adventure and Heroes games, I wouldn't be into Sonic today. I played the first 3 on the Genesis (but S&K later on the Gamecube) and they were amazing. Then, Sonic faded away for me. I didn't get the Sega Saturn. I didn't play 3D Blast until it was re-released. When I did play 3D Blast, I didn't like isometric viewpoint. I didn't like the gameplay "oh catch the flickies to advance to the next level" just wow.

My parents just happened to have randomly got me SA2:B for Christmas one year. I had to go out and buy SA:DX, Advances, Heroes, Battle, Shadow... The Dreamcast era isn't perfect, but I can say that I spent many hours of my life playing those games. That pretty much indicates that I like a game. I liked replaying Sonic's, Shadow's and Tails's levels in both Adventure 1 and 2. I still play those two games to this day (I don't still play Pokemon Blue, Crystal, etc, for comparison). Heroes was pretty innovative about the 3 team formation; its levels are okay. Sonic Riders was the last Sonic game I bought for a while as I started renting them (i.e. 06, Secret Rings). I still haven't played Black Knight or Unleashed. I'm very happy with purchasing Colors and Generations.

3D is tough for Sonic, and he's ran into many bumps on the road. I do have mostly positive opinions about the 3D era overall, though. Beautiful graphics, amazing sound... Level design is usually great. Impressive cutscenes (and then they skipped eyecandy in Generations D:). I really miss just.. rolling around. :(

Years
Same as Twilightblade, if i didn't play them there is no way i would be in this Fanclub right now. The only reason Sonic Adventure and SA2:B didn't have that much of an appeal is because they were released on a console waaay ahead of it's time. I loved Adventure with no hassles the only pain in the whole game was the Sky deck Stage and The Hot Shelter. God I hated them. I got Heroes on Xbox and I liked it but it was pretty much the same stage for each story you did just slightly different.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Yes I got Sonic Generations for Christmas, yes it's amazing.

Sonic 3D Blast - Lovely soundtrack on the PC version, not great gameplay wise..
Sonic Advenuture - Amazing, loved everything about it, my favourite Sonic game ever.
Sonic Adventure 2 - Also excellent, I loved the good/bad story, I wish you could've played as Amy though :x
Sonic Heroes - I liked this! People said they didn't like it much but I found it really enjoyable, I loved the "teams" and everything - The graphics were pretty too!
Sonic Riders - I really liked this, it was pretty enjoyable and easy to play.
Sonic Colours - Excellent. I think this is where Sonic Team started improving some of the worse things, I found this game really fun!!
Sonic Generations - Seems amazing from what I've seen o.o

And uh I haven't got/played the others. I have no plans to play Unleashed, I don't like the look of it at all and '06 I may play one day. But I really like the 3D era - Sure it's not perfect - But nothing is, it's always boasted great graphics, soundtracks and the stories haven't been half bad - My major disappointment with the 3D era is that in general the "playability" of it isn't up to scratch.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
3D Blast: Loved the Saturn Soundtrack; Howard Drossin out did himself in that one. Love Volcano Valley.

Adventure: Now, before I start, I havn't play the much of it, but from what I have played...It's a darn fine game. The graphics are great considering its time. I really liked how the gameplay went and the concept of Action Stages and Adventure Fields. Of course it's outdated compared to the new Sonic titles as of now, but think that it's using a whole different type of game mechanics and physics. I would love to play that game again on my new PS3...but I don't have the money to buy it...at all...

Adventure 2: Love it more than the original. Sonic Team really went out of its way to fix what the first suffered from. I feel SA2's story, for its time, were leagues better than SA1. Like SA1 though, the graphics aren't as pretty in this day and age. Every character had an important role (especially Amy, she was the catalyst to Shadow's change of heart near the end of Last Story).

Heroes; The first console Sonic game I've ever owned. The graphics are colorful and vibrant and really show off shades of the classics. After all, that's what I really liked about the game. The story is really simple, but the Voice acting and dialogue were cheesy as ever...The music never dissapointed me though. Jun Senoue did beautifully working on the tracks for this game.

Riders: Owned this too. Was good, but nowhere near as good as it's sequel. The story was broken to me...if Eggman holds a competition using the Chaos Emeralds as entries, wouldn't Sonic and his friends find out about it?

2006: Now, I can say from experience that Sonic Team really dropped the ball. Greatly. The story is way to complex and realistic for my liking...and too many damn plotholes to boot. Sonic's part is laughable compared to to his Adventure days, which this game was supposed to be the "Sonic Adventure 3" of sorts. Mach Speed is a joke... Shaodw's part is slightly better, and enjoyed it really. Silver's is fun too, to mess around with his telekinesis powers. I hate, hate, HATE his Dusty Desert stage...damn ball... At it's core, ignoring the bugs, glitches, incoherent story...it's a guilty pleasure to me.

Unleashed; Own this too, and I feel where Sonic Team was starting to get back on track. The first thing I noticed on the cover was that Sonic was the ONLY playable character..little did I know this would lead to "Sonic-Only" Syndrome... The daytime levels were amazing, albit somewhat linear. I also loved the Werehog Stages, but Eggmanland was a beast to get through. Good soundtrack as well, but hated the final boss now after thinking about it...all it was was QTE events...really took away from the epicness of it all.

Colors: Now this is where Sonic Team was doing right. I liked the story, as "childish" as some make it out to be. At the same time, it still had essence of how Unleashed would go from light-hearted to serious. Lover the new Voice actors and the music was sublime... The final boss was also a welocme refresher from the usual "Super Sonic" final bosses. And playable Sonic Sonic in 3D for the first time? Count me in!

Generations: In my opinion, my top Sonic game behind Colors and S3&K. The only problem is that the game is really short for what it's worth. I was expecting a story like Colors, while simple, manages to keep me engaged. Generations really didn't do it for me in that regard. The music, of course, was one of the lighlights. Cash Cash helping out produced some reallly good tracks. I loved Perfect Chaos by the way.

From there, the head of Sonic Team (Izuka) wants to crate a new "Modern Sonic" formula for the coming years...oh, and on the 29th( tomorrow) Sega is going to release the first offcial announcement of Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2...just passing it along to my fellow Sonic fans...

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
The 3D Sonic games (Adventures, Heroes, etc.) have always had a bad rep. What's YOUR personal opinion on them?

I just don't get it. I've never played a Sonic game I didn't like, and I've played '06. I'm pretty sure I've played all the 3D Sonic fames except Zero Gravity, and I can safely say I enjoyed all of them.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
The 3D Sonic games (Adventures, Heroes, etc.) have always had a bad rep. What's YOUR personal opinion on them?

I just don't get it. I've never played a Sonic game I didn't like, and I've played '06. I'm pretty sure I've played all the 3D Sonic fames except Zero Gravity, and I can safely say I enjoyed all of them.

Don't get me wrong, as a fan, I enjoy whatever Sonic game I can get my hands on. However, personal prefenence about that game can possibly drive how they feel about it. Some people can hate 2006 because, let's face it, it was really bad. Then again, people outright hate it, while those may have some liking to it.

And to the average person/gamer, the Sonic series is a piece of trash because of how the media portrays the series now. I'm sure they pine for the classics and how Sonic sucks right after them. Sonic Team is actively trying to regain its strained touch with the fans, and if Generations and Sonic 4: Episode 2 is anything to go by soon, making Sonic relevant again will get it some proper recognition, but it will take some time.

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
Years
Username: Pokecole
Favorite Character(s): Shadow and Sonic the Hedgehog.
emerald.
Favorite Game: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I loved the Chao raising system on that game, wish they used it again.
Looking forward to any game(s): Sonic Generations. Although it got some pretty bad reviews from Game Informer (6.5 out of 10) I still want it.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Topic: Which Sonic game do you think has the most fun special stages?

For me, I love the collect-the-spheres format of Sonic 3. Simple, but fun. Also, the touch screen innovations in the Sonic Rush special stages are highly enjoyable.

TwilightBlade

Years
@pokecole: Welcome to the club! Was wondering when you'd stop by for a visit. You should really get Generations! I don't care what the critics say; I thought it was better than Colors (Wii).

Which Sonic game do you think has the most fun special stages?
Sonic 3 omggg I love the blue spheres. The music is phenomenal.. Makes you edgy, lol. I also really like the special stages in Heroes. They are like Sonic 2's special stages but more open, so less frustrating (bombs @ Tails with AI luls was difficult enough).

Mkay guys I updated the post with everyone's points. You can easily get 20 points every week if you have a Sonic signature, theme, etc or use the userbar on the first page. Any ideas for new co-owner? Dragonomega decided to step down.

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
Years
Ya, I was reading the review for it, and it almost seemed like they had something against SEGA lol. Ya, Sonic Colors wasn't bad, in fact it was pretty fun. But something about some of the levels made it seem boring. Just not enough action. They nearly made it a puzzle game. LOL

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Which Sonic game do you think has the most fun special stages?

Well, I do like Sonic 3's special stages (and for this question I'm counting Sonic 3 and Knuckles seperately) only because I like the music in the former.

But I recently started to like the special stages in Generations 3DS. The controls are much tighter than Heroes and not as floaty.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
OMG A SONIC CLUB YAY

Username: dragon456
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Knuckles and Shadow...
What is your favorite Sonic game? Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood; it's the only Sonic game I have :P
Which Sonic game do you think has the most fun special stages? Erm, the one mentioned above :P

TwilightBlade

Years
I would like to submit this userbar I created. The scroller background portrays Team Sonic from Sonic Heroes.

Hey thanks for the submission! I saved and uploaded it so anyone who wants to use it can copy+paste the code into their sig. ^_^

Wow very exciting! Tails in Episode 2. <3

OMG A SONIC CLUB YAY

Username: dragon456
Favorite Sonic Character(s): Knuckles and Shadow...
What is your favorite Sonic game? Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood; it's the only Sonic game I have :P
Which Sonic game do you think has the most fun special stages? Erm, the one mentioned above :P
Heya! Before I can accept you, you need to say the secret word. Examine the rules carefully; it's hiding there!

Are you hyped for Sonic 4 Episode II?
Yeah I am; it's the next new Sonic game. Now we just have to wait.. xD I'm looking forward to seeing what Sega actually does in response to all the feedback for the first episode. They're so vague.

Years
I'm seriously hoping Sega take all the feedback and give the audience what it wants. Classic Sonic with a Chao Garden :D

Back