• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Unfortunately you cannot have them relearn old moves in the 2nd gen, which is most disappointing, agreed - I remember thinking the same myself when I played it years ago. >_< They only know those moves in Silver/Gold (or well, the one at a lower level/the mascot for that game ie Lugia in Silver).
Maybe beating the Elite 4 on Pokemon Stadium2. There´s a relearn move feature when you beat them as far as I know.

2nd post (my question)
1-Does anybody where to get a Golbat with Screech on Gold/Yellow?

2-Have bred a Kadabra(f) w/ a Alakazam(m) to get an Abra to trade to my Yellow. Both have the same moves (Teleport/Psychic/Tri Attack/Double team).
The thing is that when the Abra hatched, it only had Teleport.
Why?

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
How can I get eggs to hatch in pokemon gold other than just waiting? is there no other way?

Unfortunately there isn't, since there's no abilities, you just have to walk around with it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
I got a Pokemon silver question if someone has the answer. :)

In silver, can any Pokemon be shiny through breeding and hatching eggs? I don't know much about shinies. I'm really wanting a shiny totodile and horsea. So, can I get them through breeding?

P.S. This may have been asked before or something similar, so if it has I apologize. I couldn't find it through searching.....

Perriechu

Years
I got a Pokemon silver question if someone has the answer. :)

In silver, can any Pokemon be shiny through breeding and hatching eggs? I don't know much about shinies. I'm really wanting a shiny totodile and horsea. So, can I get them through breeding?

P.S. This may have been asked before or something similar, so if it has I apologize. I couldn't find it through searching.....

You can acquire shinies through breeding, yes. So go ahead and breed! n__n Although it'll be very hard.

X8D

Oh My gawd!
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2011
Will teh Odd Egg in Crystal's pokemon have anything special?(With exception of egg moves)

Perriechu

Years
Will teh Odd Egg in Crystal's pokemon have anything special?(With exception of egg moves)

Yep, IIRC, they have a 50% chance to be shiny. C: Remember though, it's determined when you get the egg, so you can't save before it hatches and then SR for it.

Years
Was the encounter rate for wild shiny Pokémon in GSC the same as the more modern games, or was it different? I know that shiny Pokémon in those games always had near-perfect IVs, but I've been wondering about the chances of getting one.

Perriechu

Years
Was the encounter rate for wild shiny Pokémon in GSC the same as the more modern games, or was it different? I know that shiny Pokémon in those games always had near-perfect IVs, but I've been wondering about the chances of getting one.

The chances are still the same for all the games IIRC. I know that the egg has 50% chance to be shiny, but that's that 1 egg.

so many G/S/C shiny questions ;;

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
I'm back with another question for Silver version. I was wondering how to catch celebi. After catching mew in yellow version I got in the mood to catch celebi. But from the looks of the research I've done, I have to use a gameshark or get a GS ball. And I'm not looking for a huge long and drawn out glitch. I'd really rather not glitch at all if I can do it. So, anyone got an answer for me?

Perriechu

Years
I'm back with another question for Silver version. I was wondering how to catch celebi. After catching mew in yellow version I got in the mood to catch celebi. But from the looks of the research I've done, I have to use a gameshark or get a GS ball. And I'm not looking for a huge long and drawn out glitch. I'd really rather not glitch at all if I can do it. So, anyone got an answer for me?

IIRC, the only way to get a GS ball is by a gameshark. Once you've obtained a GS ball you can go to the Ilex forest shrine, battle and catch Celebi.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
What type of store would I go in to get a new battery put into the games?

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
The save battery uses a watch battery that is pretty common if I'm not mistaken. Wal-mart, Meijers, CVS, Walgreens, and places like those should have it.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
JAPANESE Pokemon Yellow/Green to AMERICAN Pokemon Stadium?

I wasn't sure where to ask this, so mods feel free to move it if this is the wrong area.

I recently came across a working copy of Pokemon Stadium, however I am aware that if you try and connect the Japanese Generation 1 Pokemon games to their counterparts across the world... It results in corrupting both games.

So I was wondering if Stadium is this way as well? I don't want to test it, as I don't want to corrupt my games... I also tried to Google around for the answer, but the only relevant result 404'd when I clicked on it. :/

EDIT: Oh wait, I should have put this in the Simple Question & Answer thread, shouldn't I? That's what I get for going online at 5AM. >_>;; Any mod available to merge this?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think someone brought this up in the Spin Off Q&A, or something similar. I would assume the same case for you.

The N64 is region locked, from what I understand. And since you have to use the N64 to use the GB Tower, I would assume the same thing. However, upon reading about GB Tower, there is no mention of it being region locked. Sorry I don't have a definite answer. :( I personally just wouldn't risk it, and would try GB Tower with my English games, but I'm just overly cautious. You can read more about it here, maybe I might have missed something. But yeah. Sorry if this didn't really help, lol.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
Does anyone know how I could patch a Pokemon Yellow/Red/Blue ROM to have 2x battle experience gained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back