The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Off-Topic
Quick Question Thread

Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.25%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 37.50%
Nah, it's fine. 9 56.25%
WHA- The white version is the best! ^^ 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 19th, 2013 (1:11 PM).

Nature: Serious
    Steam's UI has seen some changes (again).
    Now, I go to [username] → Content and find two tabs: Artwork and Collections; what are these about?
    Old March 19th, 2013 (2:13 PM).
    Yo

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
    Steam's UI has seen some changes (again).
    Now, I go to [username] → Content and find two tabs: Artwork and Collections; what are these about?
    The Collections are several Workshop items similar in theme that you have either favorited or created.

The Artwork is art that you post (or favorite) on game hubs. Here's the official statement on artwork:
    Quote:
    With this update, you’ll find a new ‘Artwork’ tab in Community Hubs, where you can now post or discover all kinds of artwork associated with your favorite Steam games. We posted some concept and character art in the Valve Community Hubs (Team Fortress, Dota 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, etc.) to help get things started. Let us know what kind of neat artwork you’ve created and share it with the community. To upload artwork, go to the related Community Hub's Artwork tab and look for the "Upload Artwork" button at the top right.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
    Old March 29th, 2013 (2:20 AM).
    Yep, that's me

Nature: Naughty
    Does anyone play Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
    My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old May 11th, 2013 (10:39 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu View Post
      Does anyone play Microsoft Flight Simulator?
      Only ever played the 95 version.
      Old May 15th, 2013 (4:30 AM).
      My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
      So I've been playing the GBC remake of Harvest Moon GB on my 3DS that I bought of the eShop. I gave the gnomes my some of my tools like the sickle, and it has been 24 hours and I still haven't got the super sickle back in return. Is there something else I need to do?
      Old May 15th, 2013 (5:19 AM).
      Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
        So I've been playing the GBC remake of Harvest Moon GB on my 3DS that I bought of the eShop. I gave the gnomes my some of my tools like the sickle, and it has been 24 hours and I still haven't got the super sickle back in return. Is there something else I need to do?
        I believe there was a gnome who asks you if your sickle was working alright, and he'll upgrade it the next day... have you spoken to anyone like that?

Hawthorne Guardian
        Moderator of Video Games
        Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
        Sylvie
        Old May 15th, 2013 (5:36 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
        I believe there was a gnome who asks you if your sickle was working alright, and he'll upgrade it the next day... have you spoken to anyone like that?
        Yeah, he took my sickle, and it has been a in-game day. I haven't got it back though. I read somewhere that you needed to wait an irl day, but how does that work on the 3DS?
        Old May 15th, 2013 (5:52 AM).
        Gaiden

Quote:
          Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
          Yeah, he took my sickle, and it has been a in-game day. I haven't got it back though. I read somewhere that you needed to wait an irl day, but how does that work on the 3DS?
          Well, first, did you say 'yes or 'no'? He'll only upgrade it if you say 'yes'. :(

Second, I don't really think the 3DS has much bearing on the VC game, aside from save slates, so, I guess it'd be a normal irl day regardless, I guess.

Hawthorne Guardian
          Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
          Old May 15th, 2013 (6:19 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
          Well, first, did you say 'yes or 'no'? He'll only upgrade it if you say 'yes'. :(

Second, I don't really think the 3DS has much bearing on the VC game, aside from save slates, so, I guess it'd be a normal irl day regardless, I guess.
          Yeah I did :(

Maybe I'll try leaving it on with the game up and just be inside a building, cause game time doesn't pass in them.
          Old June 24th, 2013 (6:32 AM).
          I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
            Hi!

I just want to ask about the 3DS Wifi features and playing ordinary DS games.

My 3DS is set onto the Wifi we have. When I open my DS game will I need to configure the WFC, etc. settings in order to activate wireless features or can I use my 3DS wifi settings to bypass those details? I don't have a WEP key or whatever for the DS settings and I want to be able to use the WFC and internet for games like Animal Crossing and Dragonquest IX.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. Sorry for sounding like a total noob - technology confuses me sometimes..

thanks in advance!! :)
            Old June 24th, 2013 (7:44 AM).
            Yo

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
            Hi!

I just want to ask about the 3DS Wifi features and playing ordinary DS games.

My 3DS is set onto the Wifi we have. When I open my DS game will I need to configure the WFC, etc. settings in order to activate wireless features or can I use my 3DS wifi settings to bypass those details? I don't have a WEP key or whatever for the DS settings and I want to be able to use the WFC and internet for games like Animal Crossing and Dragonquest IX.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. Sorry for sounding like a total noob - technology confuses me sometimes..

thanks in advance!! :)
            Sadly, the 3DS goes into DS mode when it emulates DS games, and it even uses the DS Wireless Connection when playing DS games. This means that it's still WEP only for DS games, sorry :(

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
            Old June 26th, 2013 (4:30 AM).

This is more a matter of personal opinion than a specific help question, but I don't feel it merits a thread.

Basically I've recently linked my PS2 back up to see if it works as I plan to purchase Final Fantasy X, I could also buy XII is it worth it?
            Old June 26th, 2013 (6:55 PM).
            Acetaminophen

Nature: Hasty
              Soooo... whatddup peps... here's the deal, I have a ps2... LOL

Getting serious, I have had a PS2 for about 7 seven years now and it's asking me to quit it and buy a new console.
              I had the chance several times to play with the PS3 along with friends and also alone. I've played games that are AMAZING like MGS, AC, GT5, GTA, etc. The thing is that I have been avoiding the PS3 for so many years, not because I don't like it, but because I had my ps2, and everytime I had the chance to get one I'd always get something else instead of it. Now the moment of truth have come. PS3 or PS4?

The one-million dollar question is... should I get a PS3 now, having such a large and interesting catalog although without so many online servers online, or should I wait a few more months and get a PS4?
              I know there are several INCREDIBLE games that are still coming for the PS3 and to be honest, I still find the PS3 incredibly attractive when it comes to games. So one of the main reasons I'm thinking stuff over and over again is because, let's face it, I'm 21 (22 this year) and I barely have time for gaming, probably that's why I had my PS2 for so long, and having such an extense library of games for the PS3 to play, I doubt I'll get bored or regret any buy. Get me?
              Why the PS4? well... duh! It's the PS4 dude, new games, new graphics, new technology.

Recommendations? thaaaaaanks!
              To forget your love
              Credits to Flushed for the amazing sig!
              Old June 29th, 2013 (2:37 PM).
              Monster hunting Snivy

Nature: Lax
                This forum is a question about Maplestory. I have it downloaded on my PC (Via Steam). I want to play it, but i don't want to wait for steam to take an eternity to download the update even though the game patches itself. The question is, should i uninstall the Steam version of Maplestory and download the version from Nexon's site?
                I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Old July 2nd, 2013 (2:30 PM).
                Gaiden

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Chaval View Post
                  Soooo... whatddup peps... here's the deal, I have a ps2... LOL

Getting serious, I have had a PS2 for about 7 seven years now and it's asking me to quit it and buy a new console.
                  I had the chance several times to play with the PS3 along with friends and also alone. I've played games that are AMAZING like MGS, AC, GT5, GTA, etc. The thing is that I have been avoiding the PS3 for so many years, not because I don't like it, but because I had my ps2, and everytime I had the chance to get one I'd always get something else instead of it. Now the moment of truth have come. PS3 or PS4?

The one-million dollar question is... should I get a PS3 now, having such a large and interesting catalog although without so many online servers online, or should I wait a few more months and get a PS4?
                  I know there are several INCREDIBLE games that are still coming for the PS3 and to be honest, I still find the PS3 incredibly attractive when it comes to games. So one of the main reasons I'm thinking stuff over and over again is because, let's face it, I'm 21 (22 this year) and I barely have time for gaming, probably that's why I had my PS2 for so long, and having such an extense library of games for the PS3 to play, I doubt I'll get bored or regret any buy. Get me?
                  Why the PS4? well... duh! It's the PS4 dude, new games, new graphics, new technology.

Recommendations? thaaaaaanks!

Well, I think that if you get a PS3 now, you'll be able to get a special offer from, say, Gamestop, to trade in that PS3 for a PS4 for a special price, just in case you're thinking of grabbing a PS4 later. Well, that's one option if you're thinking of getting a PS3 first. They've had that promotion when they started to sell the Wii U - you can trade a Wii for a Wii U, and get a about a special 40- 50% (I forgot the amount) credit bonus towards it.

Then again.. the PS4 isn't backwards compatible, iirc (Well, I think GamesRadar will compensate that, but still). But, there are great games coming out, like, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, and The Elder Scrolls Online if you're into all that! Personally, I'd hold off to buy a PS4 when it comes out, but, that's in my opinion.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TheBigMan0706 View Post
                  This forum is a question about Maplestory. I have it downloaded on my PC (Via Steam). I want to play it, but i don't want to wait for steam to take an eternity to download the update even though the game patches itself. The question is, should i uninstall the Steam version of Maplestory and download the version from Nexon's site?
                  Well, if you want to take account for speed, then, I'd say by all means, go for the speed. But, this is really up to you.

Hawthorne Guardian
                  Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                  Old July 2nd, 2013 (4:18 PM).

Chaval: It really depends on what kinds of games you want to play and how fast you are going to be playing through them.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                  Sadly, the 3DS goes into DS mode when it emulates DS games, and it even uses the DS Wireless Connection when playing DS games. This means that it's still WEP only for DS games, sorry :(
                  Thing is, it emulates the DSi software, and most DS games released after 2008 will be able to connect to the internet via WPA, since the DSi could do that and most games were programmed with that functionality after that point.
                  Old July 2nd, 2013 (4:21 PM).

I don't even like the PS3 much (dislike it, even) compared to the PS2 and PS1 but I still say go for it. The system is at its best right now. PS4 can wait, because the launch line up is pretty terrible atm. NEVER buy a system at launch year, imo.

I recommend:
                    Last of Us (haven't played it, yet. But word of mouth says it's GOTY contender.)
                    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (a SSB rip off, but a good one. If you look past its flaws it's a great game. Just don't expect it to be Smash Bros great.)
                    Uncharted series (Self-explanatory)
                    inFamous 2 (I personally liked it because the controls and abilities but it also bore me because I just generally don't like them. If you do, this game is amazing.)
                    Little Big Planet 2 (hated it, but a lot of people love it...but they ain't platformer fans. Avoid otherwise if you are.)
                    Metal Gear Rising (multi-plat I know but it's so good and the PS3 version is the best one.)
                    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (see above...though the Wii U version is the best, but you probably don't have it. Avoid if you don't like complex fighting games)
                    Any PS2 HD trilogy that isn't Silent Hill (MGS is the best one imo.)
                    Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time (didn't play it but word of mouth says it's the best PS3 platformer)
                    MLB 13 The Show (don't mind me just the baseball fan in me forcing me to recommend it)

Just off the top of my head.

Twitter - Tumblr
                    Old July 3rd, 2013 (6:43 AM).
                    I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by donavannj View Post

Thing is, it emulates the DSi software, and most DS games released after 2008 will be able to connect to the internet via WPA, since the DSi could do that and most games were programmed with that functionality after that point.
                      So while I can connect to dreamworld while playing White, That's pretty much all I can do internet wise unless I find a WEP. :( Silly Nintendo. Thanks anyway :)
                      Old July 5th, 2013 (7:15 AM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by CliCliW View Post
                      So while I can connect to dreamworld while playing White, That's pretty much all I can do internet wise unless I find a WEP. :( Silly Nintendo. Thanks anyway :)
                      You can connect to the Dream World and trade with others... but you may encounter issues trading over WiFi with someone who's using a DS Lite or the original DS. I've not personally experienced any issues with this myself, but there are others who have had issues.

Older Pokemon games may indeed have issues, though.
                      Old July 26th, 2013 (10:57 AM).
                      ……推して参る。

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
                      This is more a matter of personal opinion than a specific help question, but I don't feel it merits a thread.

Basically I've recently linked my PS2 back up to see if it works as I plan to purchase Final Fantasy X, I could also buy XII is it worth it?
                      Well, they both play different as all hell...X is just great IMO, XII was good, but a lot different. But it has a lot more to do. So getting both wouldn't be a bad idea. Just be prepared for an entirely different feel of game when you play XII straight from X (Turn Based VS. MMO Styled)

I'd get into softmodding to play international editions, but...yeah nah.

我わ空 我わ杲 我わ甚 我わ非と不離の剣に手 全ての罪を刈り取り 悪を滅 我がなをハクメン 押して参る!!
                      Old July 26th, 2013 (1:39 PM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by TheBigMan0706 View Post
                        Steam is only an added inconvenience when the game doesn't use its updating system. I'd recommend installing the non-steam version, then adding a shortcut to it in Steam (Add a Game... → Add a Non-Steam Game...) so you can use the in-game chat and whatnot.
                        Old July 30th, 2013 (9:51 PM).

Nature: Naughty
                          Hey guys, I'm hoping somebody could give me a hand troubleshooting my 3DS XL. So I recently upgraded from a 3DS to the XL version. I used the system transfer feature to transport all of my information over. I thought it went quite well, transferring all my saves and settings, including my Mii plaza and streetpass info. The thing is, the streetpass feature is no longer working properly. I've noticed that the green light will come on, indicating that I have streetpassed somebody, but when I go to check, it says that nobody has been street passed. I tested it with my girlfriend, who I have streetpassed many times. The light came on, but when I went in, it said it had been over a month since our last streetpass. All the settings seem fine. Any ideas? :(
                          Thanks in advance!
                          Old July 31st, 2013 (3:59 AM).

Nature: Jolly
                          Have you checked and made sure that your 3DS system software is up to date? You can do so by going to System Settings > Other Settings > #4 > System Update, and download the update if it asks you to. I know for a fact that the MiiPlaza recently received an upgrade, and it's almost like an overhaul, so be sure you follow those steps provided and see if StreetPass works again.
                          Old August 3rd, 2013 (8:36 AM).
                          Banned

Nature: Gentle
                            A friend has gifted me a $50 psn card I'm so excited to buy any new game on the vita, but I'm stuck on which game to bu? I'm thinking of huying Pas:br, on the other hand gravity rush which looks very fun, also thinking of buying lbp vita as all of my near recommends me too buy one. Help!
                            Old August 3rd, 2013 (8:42 AM).

Get PS Plus subscription. Instant game collection is probably the best service Sony could offer. (Gravity Rush is also in IGC)

Quick Reply