• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Types that have great designs overall

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Hi Guys,
Dunno if this has been done, but which types do you think have the best designs overall?
While not my favorite type, I think Ghost has the most consistently good designs overall, such as haunter, sableye, banette, chandelure, Decidueye, Dhelmise and all the ones based on ancient civilisations:legends such as Golurk, Cofagrigus, Aegislash and Frosslass
Not to mention great legendaries such as Giratina, Lunala and Marshadow

I dislike Pikachu clones, but other electric types have dope designs too, from electric sheep (based on the novels that inspired blade runner), anglerfish, eels and spiders to wolves and lions

Grass, water and Bug types tend to be consistently great for me too. What about you guys?

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I'd also say Ghost types have some pretty great designs overall. Maybe because its the rarest type? Less of a chance to mess it up.

Other than that, I'd say maybe Dragon, Grass, and Fire types also have overall appealing designs.

Last edited:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I've always been impressed by Bug and Grass type designs. I love how the bug-types just keep getting cooler and cooler looking.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Honestly, I really don't the fire, but I love most of the fire type designs.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
The favourite Pok?mon poll with the Steel types made me realize I really like a lot of Steel types, overall they have really cool and fitting designs.

Years
Everything looks good on dragons, not a single one I dislike for design. They can represent a range of cultures from a western, winged Medieval dragon like Dragonite, to an eastern, celestial serpent such as Rayquaza. They can look cute I.e Goodra, beautiful- Altaria, terrifying- Hydreigon or just plain cool Noivern.

Dark types are attractive often enough too, mysterious, sedate and sleek from Absol to Umbreon.

Years
It's a shame that even though Ice is my favourite type, there's not a whole lot of Ice types that I like for design with the exception of Glaceon and certain others.

But I think, design-wise, Fairy types are one of my favourites! Mostly because I'm a sucker for anything cute. :x

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Dragon types, the mega evolutions are even better.

Last edited:
Back