ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1301    
Old January 4th, 2008 (11:41 PM).
ShyRayq's Avatar
ShyRayq ShyRayq is offline
Unprofessional Unprofessional
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 1,482
    lv65 Feebas?
    isn't Milotic
    anyway that has to be X version
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1302    
    Old January 4th, 2008 (11:52 PM).
    Dio Dio is offline
       
      Join Date: Mar 2007
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 41
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
      lv65 Feebas?
      isn't Milotic
      anyway that has to be X version
      OH am sorry.Yes i meant Milotic.So the X version is supposed to be very hard?
      I tried now to patch the beta 5 (not the X) and it worked but know the trainer has a level 55 Feebas and the next one only a level 30 qwilfish.Ok now i think the problem is fixed.Thx for the help everyone!!! :D
      Reply With Quote
        #1303    
      Old January 5th, 2008 (12:11 AM).
      clonex25's Avatar
      clonex25 clonex25 is offline
      Just droppin' by...
         
        Join Date: Jun 2007
        Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
        Age: 32
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 74
        Finally, Beta5 is released. I hope that it has some good music there. I also hope that the looping thingy will be at the next releases.

        I feel sad about being Shiny Gold is only second place, but at least it reached the Top 3, not bad at all.
        __________________




        I hvae updated the GBA Music Looping thread. It now has a tutorial for looping multiple-tracked S Files. Click the link below:
        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118722

        Due to popular demand, I have lowered the Wild Pokemon Theme (with two versions) and added it in my music collection thread:
        http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139756

        Next STOP: To make guidelines regarding GBA music tracks
        Reply With Quote
          #1304    
        Old January 5th, 2008 (3:46 AM).
        zel 2.0's Avatar
        zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
        Gold Remaker
           
          Join Date: Jun 2006
          Location: Argentina
          Age: 30
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 1,958
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by shinygoldash View Post
          So The rival sprite is moved to Blue's slot and Blue's OW(It should be revamped)
          is where the Silver OW originally was.
          I guess if I do that, in the rival naming screen, you'd get Gary's OW being displayed there. So, I guess the way it is now is the way it should stay.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by bakayaroo View Post
          aha, i see, but cant you choose one of those sprites from serebiis fanart sprites section?
          Well, thing is I already have the help from a good spriter, so he should be the one having the priority in the sprites' topic.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by GeorgeLama View Post
          just reached the misty part, thats the end of beta5 isnt it? and when i use the walk through walls code everything after celurean city turns odd.. i also arrived at "Pallet Town" and found myself at NewBark town lol
          The end of the Beta5 is not that clear this time, mainly because you can play Kanto more freely and less linearly than Johto. You could say it's over once you've done all the events at all the cities except Pewter, Viridian, Pallet and Cinnabar (as those places are out of reach)

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dio View Post
          EDIT: I somehow tried to patch again the beta 5 on another fire red ROM and it worked because the character moved normally on the spot that was resetting the game,without resetting it.But the next trainer has a level 65 Feebas (!!) and the trainer after him has 3 pokemons and the first one has a level 51 Whiscash (and of course i cant win him).All my pokemon are from lvl 35-45.Is it supposed to be so hard or is a problem that I only have, again? What's happening??
          So, I guess it must be a patching problem, then? By the way, are you patching over already patched versions? Because that'll just give a hell lot of problems (Shuri-x demonstrated it on the older thread). Remember to always patch over a CLEAN FR(U) rom.

          A Feebas? He's supposed to have a Milotic on both versions...

          But, yeah. The X version is only for the people who wants a challenge, the levels are pretty high and the special trainers use better battling techniques, that's the only difference, actually. If you were playing the normal version and then you patched the X version over it, well, you'll be in big troubles XD

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by clonex25 View Post
          Finally, Beta5 is released. I hope that it has some good music there. I also hope that the looping thingy will be at the next releases.

          I feel sad about being Shiny Gold is only second place, but at least it reached the Top 3, not bad at all.
          The loop has been added for the tracks I inserted. The only problem currently is the volume, too high and it makes some static noises. We have to keep working on that, clonex
          __________________


          Reply With Quote
            #1305    
          Old January 5th, 2008 (4:13 AM).
          carter756978's Avatar
          carter756978 carter756978 is offline
          Bass Player
             
            Join Date: Jan 2007
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Jolly
            Posts: 191
            Im sorry if you dont want me to post this but i noticed that if you lose against silver the first time you battle him then youll rush home to your mum but come out of the pokemon centre. Just pointing out something that i noticed, im not trying to say your rubbish
            __________________

            I Like Battles but I'm a n00b
            Diamond FC: 1762 9807 8251
            Soul Silver FC: 1419 9216 9294
            Reply With Quote
              #1306    
            Old January 5th, 2008 (5:00 AM).
            ~*Pikafan*~'s Avatar
            ~*Pikafan*~ ~*Pikafan*~ is offline
            Man I gotta stop leaving!
               
              Join Date: Sep 2007
              Age: 23
              Gender:
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 202
              Zel, there are 2 bugs that I found in the game. They both involve the trick house.

              When you get up to the spinning arrows map, if you go to the tile that points you down near the entrance, the game doesn't allow you to move. I saw that posted here before too, but you didn't answer him/her.

              And when you have 7 maps left in the Trick House, even after beating the game, he doesn't let you go into the room anymore, but he still says there are 7 more you need to do. Did you stop it there on purpose or is it a bug?

              And there's another thing that doesn't have to do with the game but with the front post. Just saying, when you're editing it, you put the Missingno. in Mt. Mortar Glitch twice, and I think the bike stuff twice too.

              @mach8822: He said after the Shiny Gold X Version is released you can, and it has been. So I think you can.
              __________________
              I have returned ONC AGAIN!

              Guitar Hero and Rock Band Rock. 'Nuff Said

              I have a bunch of Friend Codes for Wii. These games I have Friend Codes for:

              Guitar Hero World Tour (GHWT)
              Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)
              Guitar Hero 3 (GH3)
              Pokemon Battle Revolution (PBR)
              Rock Band 2, once I get it (RB2)

              RAWR. I NEED SHTUFF FOR MAH SIGNATURE. RAWR.
              Reply With Quote
                #1307    
              Old January 5th, 2008 (5:16 AM).
              DarthSenorQueso's Avatar
              DarthSenorQueso DarthSenorQueso is offline
              Officially number 1 snake
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2007
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 206
                I have a bug where icant look at my tm bag it looke all glitch then in my normal bag it has ?????? and?43n master balls when i go out it transports me int a glitchy place a all water and slightly dark place or my screen goes black....
                __________________



                Reply With Quote
                  #1308    
                Old January 5th, 2008 (5:37 AM). Edited January 5th, 2008 by wizzard.
                wizzard wizzard is offline
                im like glitches and hacks :D
                   
                  Join Date: Dec 2007
                  Location: Germany
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 23
                  i found too a bug with a screenshot(i cant show it now i need more then 15 posts >_< i give you a pm with screenshot zel.)

                  if you will show the mystery egg prof. elm go back of him and when he go back he stand on you!

                  EDIT:sry for my english
                  __________________
                  Red's PokePet

                  Koopa Wizzard the level 99 Buizel!

                  Reply With Quote
                    #1309    
                  Old January 5th, 2008 (6:14 AM).
                  D_Force D_Force is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                    Gender:
                    Posts: 19
                    Btw zel, you probably know this but it is possible to remain completely trapped in one of the trick house levels (that has boulders, rock smash rocks and cut trees). So you may need to edit that level to stop that happening
                    Reply With Quote
                      #1310    
                    Old January 5th, 2008 (6:21 AM).
                    Cold Rock's Avatar
                    Cold Rock Cold Rock is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Posts: 11
                      Hi, where can i find stones (fire/water/etc) in the Shiny Gold (first continent) to evolve pokemon (extaryu to Starmie and Growlithe to Arcanine)

                      Thanks
                      Reply With Quote
                        #1311    
                      Old January 5th, 2008 (7:47 AM).
                      dirk123's Avatar
                      dirk123 dirk123 is offline
                      Organization XIII
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2007
                        Location: The Hague
                        Age: 30
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Lonely
                        Posts: 329
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Cold Rock View Post
                        Hi, where can i find stones (fire/water/etc) in the Shiny Gold (first continent) to evolve pokemon (ex:Staryu to Starmie and Growlithe to Arcanine)

                        Thanks
                        You can only get 2 Evolution Stones in Johto:
                        - Sun Stone (by winning the Bug Catching Contest)
                        - 1 of 4 elemental stones (fire/grass/thunder/water) in the Dragon's Den at Blackthorn City (Which elemental stone you get depends in which order you defeat the 3 or 4 trainers).

                        All the other elemental evolution stones are in Kanto, gotten from Bill's Grampa by showing certain pokemon to him.
                        __________________
                        Hacks that I support inside spoiler
                        Spoiler:




                        Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Walkthrough: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4621504&postcount=2305
                        Follow this link for the Pokemon Liquid Crystal Pokemon Location FAQ: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4742432&postcount=2735
                        Reply With Quote
                          #1312    
                        Old January 5th, 2008 (7:59 AM).
                        avion48 avion48 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2007
                          Gender:
                          Posts: 1
                          Is Mudkip supposed to be that rare?
                          I am in the Union Cave and I battled around 60 pokemon and still no Mudkip.
                          In the last beta I found Mudkip as the first pokemon in the Union Cave.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1313    
                          Old January 5th, 2008 (7:59 AM).
                          Ivysaur's Avatar
                          Ivysaur Ivysaur is offline
                          You found a heart!
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2007
                          Location: Madrid
                          Age: 26
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 20,639
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
                          if you will show the mystery egg prof. elm go back of him and when he go back he stand on you!
                          Known.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by DarthSenorQueso View Post
                          I have a bug where icant look at my tm bag it looke all glitch then in my normal bag it has ?????? and?43n master balls when i go out it transports me int a glitchy place a all water and slightly dark place or my screen goes black....
                          So you had the "Name change" glitch and problems with the bag... Try another rom, I think that's the main cause.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by avion48 View Post
                          Is Mudkip supposed to be that rare?
                          I am in the Union Cave and I battled around 60 pokemon and still no Mudkip.
                          In the last beta I found Mudkip as the first pokemon in the Union Cave.
                          Yes, it's supposed to be that rare, don't worry. It's just that you were luckier last time.
                          __________________
                          Oh, we've made a mistake
                          We've lost our minds
                          We've lost our memory
                          Oh, what's it gonna take?
                          There's always something else
                          So occupy yourself



                          Yes kids, once upon a time I was an admin
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1314    
                          Old January 5th, 2008 (10:39 AM).
                          Mr. X's Avatar
                          Mr. X Mr. X is offline
                          It's... kinda effective?
                          • Crystal Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2006
                          Location: London
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quiet
                          Posts: 2,385
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by GeorgeLama View Post
                          just reached the misty part, thats the end of beta5 isnt it? and when i use the walk through walls code everything after celurean city turns odd.. i also arrived at "Pallet Town" and found myself at NewBark town lol

                          if you look at the maps with advanced map you will see that their are 2 diffrent new bark town maps. One finished and one uncompleted which the uncompleted one if most likely the pallet town map (I also know this because i can see parts of the pallet town map that connect it to cansasbar island.)
                          Reply With Quote
                            #1315    
                          Old January 5th, 2008 (10:42 AM).
                          Green Charizard's Avatar
                          Green Charizard Green Charizard is offline
                          pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2004
                            Location: the UK
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 253
                            I finally got round to playing some of beta 5. Very good job, the graphics are a great improvement. The Phone System works really well and your scripting is, as usual, impeccable. There's a couple of maps that could be improved a bit, such as the New Bark one. But what can I say, sheer awesomeness! xD

                            Anyway, I was thinking, it'd be cool to see a new house and lab tiles in New Bark as it gets visited that often. VERY nice work zel, I look forward to seeing more. And seriously, well done!
                            __________________
                            Ex-rom hacker, too attached to his childhood to leave.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #1316    
                            Old January 5th, 2008 (10:55 AM).
                            Mr. X's Avatar
                            Mr. X Mr. X is offline
                            It's... kinda effective?
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2006
                            Location: London
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 2,385
                            ja i've noticed a few things about the phone system that is kinda... odd.

                            First... when you add someone new besides mom, and elm) it still says memsomething. Well it remain this way or do you plan to change it?

                            Also in the caladon game center the pokesticker machine is using the list for the phone thing. will the machine be removed or will it's script be changed?
                            Reply With Quote
                              #1317    
                            Old January 5th, 2008 (3:18 PM).
                            Gouki113 Gouki113 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2008
                              Posts: 2
                              awsome job so far, i just beat whitney, the final ver is gonna be awsome
                              Reply With Quote
                                #1318    
                              Old January 5th, 2008 (4:44 PM).
                              SDODC13's Avatar
                              SDODC13 SDODC13 is offline
                              Champion Miki wants to {blank}
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2006
                                Gender:
                                Nature: Gentle
                                Posts: 123
                                I got one question are you keeping the gym and leader's music the same for an example or are you doing over all the music. Plus a few side comments. One why are the rocket admin and grunt musics the same? Just kinda curious as to whether you'll make seprate musics or keep it the same and secondly great job on the hack so far and the new added touches are awesome.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #1319    
                                Old January 5th, 2008 (4:52 PM).
                                Mr. X's Avatar
                                Mr. X Mr. X is offline
                                It's... kinda effective?
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2006
                                Location: London
                                Age: 24
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 2,385
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Volsfan91 View Post
                                I'm having audio issues with the latest copy. I've not had these problems in the past; it's hard to expalin what the problem is. It's kind of like it's playing multiple audio parts at once... there's like this looping cymbal sound in the background in the second city, for example.

                                If your ROM is working, would someone please check the md5 value of it and post it so I can see if I've done something wrong?

                                Patched US release with Lunar IPS.

                                Here's a tool you can use to find the md5 sum:

                                ftp://ftp6.nero.com/NeroMD5Verifier.zip

                                Just run the executable and open the ROM. It gives you a checksum, which is a value specific to that file.
                                Meh zel added new music (d/p music) The music won't play too very well right now so thats why the sound sounds like crud.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #1320    
                                Old January 5th, 2008 (6:25 PM).
                                Volsfan91's Avatar
                                Volsfan91 Volsfan91 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2007
                                  Location: Tennessee
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Lax
                                  Posts: 6
                                  Oh, I see. I'm sure he'll get it working great in no time. I wonder if maybe the later parts of the game have better sound than the earlier parts?
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #1321    
                                  Old January 5th, 2008 (6:33 PM).
                                  NidoodiN NidoodiN is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2007
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 13
                                    This playthrough I'm writing down every trainer name + pokemon used while going through the Shiny Gold X version. Now I understand all the "#TRAINER/1" are the phone booth people.

                                    I did notice two Sage Pings in the Ecruteak Gym, though (one named PING!, the other named PING).

                                    Also, fighting the rival for the first time with Totodile as your starter is hard as hell, since the rival's Chikorita knows Razor Leaf. As if the first battle with Carlos' Slowpoke wasn't luck-based enough...
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #1322    
                                    Old January 5th, 2008 (7:37 PM).
                                    zel 2.0's Avatar
                                    zel 2.0 zel 2.0 is offline
                                    Gold Remaker
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2006
                                      Location: Argentina
                                      Age: 30
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quiet
                                      Posts: 1,958
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by carter756978 View Post
                                      Im sorry if you dont want me to post this but i noticed that if you lose against silver the first time you battle him then youll rush home to your mum but come out of the pokemon centre. Just pointing out something that i noticed, im not trying to say your rubbish
                                      It was like that in the original (well, not like I remember it too clearly right now), so when you lose while coming back from Mr.Pokemon's house (or at Silver's battle) you were sent to Cherrygrove's Pokemon Center by default (even if you didn't go there previously), instead of your house (if I sent you to your house, then you could avoid Silver's battle if you lose before reaching Cherrygrove), so that thing you noticed was something intentional to avoid a bug, and not a bug itself (I cant avoid the 1sec where you are at mom's house... )

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by ~*Pikafan*~ View Post
                                      Zel, there are 2 bugs that I found in the game. They both involve the trick house.

                                      When you get up to the spinning arrows map, if you go to the tile that points you down near the entrance, the game doesn't allow you to move. I saw that posted here before too, but you didn't answer him/her.

                                      And when you have 7 maps left in the Trick House, even after beating the game, he doesn't let you go into the room anymore, but he still says there are 7 more you need to do. Did you stop it there on purpose or is it a bug?

                                      And there's another thing that doesn't have to do with the game but with the front post. Just saying, when you're editing it, you put the Missingno. in Mt. Mortar Glitch twice, and I think the bike stuff twice too.

                                      @mach8822: He said after the Shiny Gold X Version is released you can, and it has been. So I think you can.
                                      The arrows thing was posted before, so I am aware of that. I dont really have to reply to all the bugs posts, because I know it'd make me crazy as before.

                                      If he says there's 7 more tricks, then it must be that there are 7 more tricks. Problem is, you still haven't progressed more in the adventure (because the Beta doesn't let you to progress more)

                                      Whatever, as you know, that list of bugs will be taken care of soon.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by D_Force View Post
                                      Btw zel, you probably know this but it is possible to remain completely trapped in one of the trick house levels (that has boulders, rock smash rocks and cut trees). So you may need to edit that level to stop that happening
                                      I think I spotted it when I was editting the trainers in the X version. Additionaly, I think if you are around the V.Road without Strength, you could get stuck in the "hot room" if you jump down the ledge.
                                      Well, it's really hard thinking the puzzles... Improvments coming!

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Green Charizard View Post
                                      I finally got round to playing some of beta 5. Very good job, the graphics are a great improvement. The Phone System works really well and your scripting is, as usual, impeccable. There's a couple of maps that could be improved a bit, such as the New Bark one. But what can I say, sheer awesomeness! xD

                                      Anyway, I was thinking, it'd be cool to see a new house and lab tiles in New Bark as it gets visited that often. VERY nice work zel, I look forward to seeing more. And seriously, well done!
                                      New Bark is pretty small, so I wouldn't know what to add there. But, well, you know me. I prefer that the game is actually entertaining rather than being graphically astounding (that's why my fascination with scripting)

                                      Sure thing, but I'm not a tiler, that's a problem (and I dont think I know of a good game to rip tiles from...)

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Team Chill Commander X View Post
                                      ja i've noticed a few things about the phone system that is kinda... odd.

                                      First... when you add someone new besides mom, and elm) it still says memsomething. Well it remain this way or do you plan to change it?

                                      Also in the caladon game center the pokesticker machine is using the list for the phone thing. will the machine be removed or will it's script be changed?
                                      Remember that I cannot change the stuff said in the multi boxes of the Phone Booth. Do not insist with that, 'cause it's gonna stay like that (paper and pen will be your friends there)

                                      Ah, so I guess that's where the multi box I used came from... That sucks... Guess the machine will be out, then ('cause we need to replace something for adding something, as we cannot create multiboxes out of nothing)

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by SDODC13 View Post
                                      I got one question are you keeping the gym and leader's music the same for an example or are you doing over all the music. Plus a few side comments. One why are the rocket admin and grunt musics the same? Just kinda curious as to whether you'll make seprate musics or keep it the same and secondly great job on the hack so far and the new added touches are awesome.
                                      Musical changes are to be expected in the future Betas. For now I'm just leaving everything ready for when I have their corresponding GSC remixes.

                                      The rockets and admins had the same music in the original, didn't they? (I just gave them the Magma theme, since I dont have that GSC music currently)

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by NidoodiN View Post
                                      I did notice two Sage Pings in the Ecruteak Gym, though (one named PING!, the other named PING).
                                      Two PINGs? (Imagine all the bad jokes I could be thinking right now XD), hmmm... weird, that must mean one is the real and the other is the fake, and the one that should be changed (or maybe I just did a mistake on the ID of the battler)
                                      __________________


                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #1323    
                                      Old January 5th, 2008 (9:08 PM).
                                      thungyx's Avatar
                                      thungyx thungyx is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2007
                                        Gender:
                                        Posts: 11
                                        how to get the pkmn stole by jess and jamie back zel?
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #1324    
                                        Old January 5th, 2008 (9:23 PM).
                                        Thrace's Avatar
                                        Thrace Thrace is offline
                                        @tion
                                        • Gold Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2007
                                        Age: 26
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 1,048
                                        I can't seem to get the ticket from the girl, what do you need to do to get it?
                                        __________________
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #1325    
                                        Old January 5th, 2008 (10:09 PM).
                                        Gamewhale's Avatar
                                        Gamewhale Gamewhale is offline
                                        lol --
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jul 2007
                                          Gender:
                                          Nature: Jolly
                                          Posts: 51
                                          Awesome, it's good to see ShinyGold back. I'm lovin' the new beta, especially the Phone Booths. ^.^ I haven't got very far yet, but I'm getting there. I was just wondering, at what level does Graveler evolve into Golem?

                                          Thanks.
                                          __________________

                                          Reply With Quote
                                          Reply
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:10 AM.