ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com

Old May 4th, 2008 (7:53 PM).
It's been a long time!

Nature: Adamant
    Hey zel!

OMGWTFFTWBBQ!

lol.

Hahaha. Awesome work on those OW. I just love this project. Can't wait to see them in action :O.

Best of Luck in the hack and in the Uni too. XD

See you.

P.S. By the way, how did you insert those?
    :O
    Did you repoint the OW size?
    Are they various OWs formed with different frames?
    Or you can't tell? xD

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 4th, 2008 (8:15 PM).
    Pokespe Scanlator

Nature: Naive
      Zel,
      You need to change the backpack sprite when opening it for the boy and female...

numbers in UnLZ 106 and 107.
      Old May 4th, 2008 (9:07 PM).
      Are you still there?

Quote:
        Originally Posted by zel View Post
        shadoweevee: That is its sleeping sprite, cause, it's sleeping (it even shows it breathing while asleep :)), when you use the Pokeflute, it'll change into its stand up sprite (and attack in a bad mood...)
        Oh ok then that sounds better then just a sleeping sprite

All of the other ShinyGold banners
        Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
        Old May 5th, 2008 (12:17 AM).
        The Demon Nicknamer

Hmm...
          I love the music themes. They are so well done, stay true to the original but sound fresh at the same time.
          However, when using Mystery Dungeon Sprites for the actual legendaries...I'm sorry but they look really, REALLY bad. It looks like an old N64 graphic plastered over the top.
          Still, it's your hack so do what you will.
          Old May 5th, 2008 (3:13 AM).

Some issues I just remembered:

1st attached screenshot: Talking to the side of the door in the Mahogany Rocket Hideout acts like you're looking at a computer.

2nd and 3rd screenshots: I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but with Jess and Jamie, was Jess supposed to be the male and Jamie the female? If so, it seems that their names/genders switched during the S.S. Aqua segment. There may have been more examples than the screens I attached.
            Attached Images
            File Type: png POKESG-sidedoor.png‎ (4.6 KB, 99 views) (Save to Dropbox)
            File Type: png POKESG-Jamie.png‎ (4.0 KB, 92 views) (Save to Dropbox)
            File Type: png POKESG-Jess.png‎ (3.8 KB, 93 views) (Save to Dropbox)
            Old May 5th, 2008 (3:15 AM).
            The chase is about to begin...

Nature: Quirky
              ok my bad (mispelling) :p

zel when i asked about the starters and the evolutions i didn't want to ask about the starers evolutions (that would be dumb :p ), i wanted to ask about EEVEElutions, the 5 evolutions of EEVEE. Are they all obtainable in B5 (in the same game of course)?
              BTW will the other johto starters be available in the game in later versions (like pkmn yellow)?
              And fossil pokes?
              Old May 5th, 2008 (4:07 AM). Edited May 5th, 2008 by oli25.

wow, sprites looks just amazing. Snorlax has animation?(I bet you were inspired by Pokemon Naranja event with Snorlax ^^ )
                Quote:
                NOTE4: Meh, I noticed I could use another sprite for when the dogs escape... -_- ... -_- ... -_-
                Do you mean that dogs would stand with normal sprites but when they are aweken and starts to escape they have other sprites (from md of course)? It would just rox. Maybe before they are aweken you will make their sprites grey (since they are statues) ? When jumping you would use different sprites (the ones where they are angry) with colors.
                What about that Amph in lighthouse ? He also should be changed since he is taller than humans. And I agree that Lugia OW could be improved (reflection in water)...
                Old May 5th, 2008 (4:39 AM).
                Working on PKMN OI...

Quote:
                  So, I could take this screenshots about the legendaries with the savestates I had with me. I dont really want to spend more time playing the game just to reach a part with another legendary

NOTE1: I think Ho-oh's wings' tips are green, but I just didnt have a green close, so blue they will be.
                  NOTE2: Snorlax is eating a bit of the tree, yeah, I think I just need to fix the tile with the Block Editor, so it's not a big problem (BTW, it's funny 'cause I made Snorlax look as if he's sleeping... )
                  NOTE3: Dont wonder what that guy is doing around the dogs, it's just that I warped myself there and the flag that removed him wasn't activated
                  NOTE4: Meh, I noticed I could use another sprite for when the dogs escape... ... ...
                  Wow. I like all the sprites... Except the Ho-Oh and Lugia... I don't think it;s a good idea because well, first of all, it's too big, and dosen't fit, and if you really want to put the big - sprite, you might need to put the walking sprite... because it'll be weird if it just moves,,, and stuff...

Anyways. You always inspired me.
                  Well, I'm not that good at hacking, actually. I tried to script. I really did everything, everything right. But I just dunno what to do when I'm activating the script in Advance Map. Ah well, anyway. Good Luck.
                  Old May 5th, 2008 (7:15 AM).
                  O c t o j a R e j s t r o m

Nature: Naive
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NidoodiN View Post
                    was Jess supposed to be the male and Jamie the female?
                    Nope... Jess is the female and Jamie is the Male... It seems appropriate that their names are like that, its more suitable... anyway nice sprites there Zel! Keep it up!^^
                    Old May 5th, 2008 (7:53 AM).
                    All-Around Gamer

Hey, what's best way to make money in this game?

I need some more Full Restores and Revives. ._.
                      Old May 5th, 2008 (9:28 AM).
                      Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Twilite Darkrai View Post
                        Hey zel!

OMGWTFFTWBBQ!

lol.

Hahaha. Awesome work on those OW. I just love this project. Can't wait to see them in action :O.

Best of Luck in the hack and in the Uni too. XD

See you.

P.S. By the way, how did you insert those?
                        :O
                        Did you repoint the OW size?
                        Are they various OWs formed with different frames?
                        Or you can't tell? xD
                        Ah, now that reminds me that all that stuff of the OW changing (specially the matter of resizing) was thanks to a tutorial posted by Peyi on WAH. There was something that I had to figure out on my own at the end, but it's really helpful. You probably know about it, but if someone doesnt know and want to check it out it's this one: http://wah.studiopokemon.com/manualeshr/minis-agrandar.php, since the tutorial is in Spanish you may need to translate it to your language.

Now, to answer the question, I had repointed the new sprites (with their new sizes) to empty zones, so expect the next ips patch to be a bit bigger than usual

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by .Aaron View Post
                        Zel,
                        You need to change the backpack sprite when opening it for the boy and female...

numbers in UnLZ 106 and 107.
                        Is that really necessary?
                        What do the rest of the people think?

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Shiun Enshidia View Post
                        Hmm...
                        I love the music themes. They are so well done, stay true to the original but sound fresh at the same time.
                        However, when using Mystery Dungeon Sprites for the actual legendaries...I'm sorry but they look really, REALLY bad. It looks like an old N64 graphic plastered over the top.
                        Still, it's your hack so do what you will.
                        Yeah, but I guess most of the comments about that were possitive so I'm sticking with them. Just a matter of opinions, probably.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by JJK View Post
                        ok my bad (mispelling) :p

zel when i asked about the starters and the evolutions i didn't want to ask about the starers evolutions (that would be dumb :p ), i wanted to ask about EEVEElutions, the 5 evolutions of EEVEE. Are they all obtainable in B5 (in the same game of course)?
                        BTW will the other johto starters be available in the game in later versions (like pkmn yellow)?
                        And fossil pokes?
                        Yeah, I think Espeon and Umbreon are the earliest to get. The others may take a while as the basic Elemental Stones are not easy to find. All of the five can be gotten in B5.

As I always say, all of the Pokemon will be obtainable at the end of the game, and that includes the starters you left behind. And fossils as well, but for that, there'll be a mini-game I'll talk about another day.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by oli25 View Post
                        wow, sprites looks just amazing. Snorlax has animation?(I bet you were inspired by Pokemon Naranja event with Snorlax )

Do you mean that dogs would stand with normal sprites but when they are aweken and starts to escape they have other sprites (from md of course)? It would just rox. Maybe before they are aweken you will make their sprites grey (since they are statues) ? When jumping you would use different sprites (the ones where they are angry) with colors.
                        What about that Amph in lighthouse ? He also should be changed since he is taller than humans. And I agree that Lugia OW could be improved (reflection in water)...
                        I meant that I could have used the side sprite for Suicune and Raikou, but since I'm so cheap, I've just inserted their front sprite (as Nintendo did, by the way ), but I guess I can insert their side sprites as well, even if they'll never be used again.

Ehhhmmm... Maybe I could make them look as statues, it's not hard to do, but well, I'll think about it.

About Ampharos, I didnt change it because, I took a liking to the sprite I drew on my own... ^o^

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ksunwoo6 View Post
                        Wow. I like all the sprites... Except the Ho-Oh and Lugia... I don't think it;s a good idea because well, first of all, it's too big, and dosen't fit, and if you really want to put the big - sprite, you might need to put the walking sprite... because it'll be weird if it just moves,,, and stuff...
                        Well, Ho-oh and Lugia are pretty big compared in size against humans, so, it's not like they look that bad in my opinion. And since Lugia doesnt really move in GSC, it doesnt need another sprite, while Ho-oh does, and that's why I inserted the sprite where it moves its wings (but since it's just a screenshot, I cannot show the movement)

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by XxOblivion77 View Post
                        Hey, what's best way to make money in this game?

I need some more Full Restores and Revives. ._.
                        It's weird because I'm not used to have monetary problems, but that must be because I tend to not buy anything and use PCs often

Probably the best is to get rematches, the better and harder the rematch, the higher the prize, I think. Though this way may not be the fastest way. My advice for you is to not waste your money during the game, save it for when you really need it.
                        By the way, in the X version trainers give higher ammounts of money.

Old May 5th, 2008 (9:54 AM).
                        Banned

Nature: Hasty
                          Hey zel looks like its up again. Beta 6 looks like one hell of a thing to wait for and I luv you. I mean the hack I love the hack. Not you. Anywho looks like you added new sprites. Also I found jirachi. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
                          Old May 5th, 2008 (10:39 AM).
                          bagel-meister ;)

1. Ho-oh could be gliding in the air.
                            2. Lugia don't move.

Spoiler:
                            Zel, are ya gonna tell them about the red sprite?
                            Pika -> say yes

CHRISTMAS 2010!
                            2 Months
                            Old May 5th, 2008 (10:41 AM).
                            Banned

Nature: Hasty
                              Also zel guess what? This plays way better on no$gba then vba. Just so you know.
                              Old May 5th, 2008 (11:08 AM).
                              The chase is about to begin...

Nature: Quirky
                                well zel about the legends pics (what a freakin policy of no urls or pics til 15 posts, EVEN IN QUOTES!)

-well the dogs look GREAT the only thing keeping them from perfection would be to them extremespeed themselves out of the tower nstead of bunny hopping
                                -with ho-oh just use that mystery dungeon sprite
                                -ah.. unless i forgot what a head is, i dont think snorlax is EATING the tree, instead it looks like he's "realesing body pressure" on it
                                -and lugia... i gotta be honest, it loooks like the great snow man... (and in R\S\E its eyebrows are black, not blue)

i got another suggestion to make... well its not mine its from a friend of mine who plays diamond, but i think its acceptable (sort of, i never played any DS game :p he'll kill me if i dont ask this)
                                D\P pokes will NOT be inserted, but as you said you have some extra slots for pokes, how about 4th generations pookes DIRECTLY linked to the other present ones e.g. mantyke? (BTW how many slots are there left just curiosity? 14 to make 400?)
                                Old May 5th, 2008 (12:14 PM).
                                All-Around Gamer

I have a question...

Spoiler:
                                  Is it possible to move the rock in the Dragon's Den and the one by the Whirl Islands?
                                  Also, what legendaries are obtainable in beta 5?
                                  Old May 5th, 2008 (1:04 PM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by XxOblivion77 View Post
                                    I have a question...

Spoiler:
                                    Is it possible to move the rock in the Dragon's Den and the one by the Whirl Islands?
                                    Also, what legendaries are obtainable in beta 5?
                                    1.If you mean the huge rock, then you can't move it. (Don't even use a cheat code to get through)
                                    2. Ho-oh, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Celebi, and Jirachi. (I think that's all of them)

~Awesome theme by Raikazu~
                                    Old May 5th, 2008 (2:33 PM).
                                    BTing and hacking, fun stuff

hey zel, random question that may be a lil' selfish
                                      r u going to sell the final version or is it already patened by nintendo?
                                      and i think the opening male and female pics or w/e r fine

hacks I'm working on
                                      -Pokemon Gallium
                                      Old May 5th, 2008 (2:38 PM).
                                      Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!

Location: In a Spitfire IXe, 200ft above ground
                                        just look at his sig: say no to pirates. sell games with copyright is being pirate..

also, it clearly states many times things like this: this is a hack, a fake game, so ask refund if you have bought it... like this

N=R*.fp.ne.fℓ.fi.fc.L Got that? Drake Equation
                                        Old May 5th, 2008 (2:38 PM). Edited May 5th, 2008 by XxOblivion77.
                                        All-Around Gamer

Hey, I can never seem to see the dogs. I used the method you used in your video, except I checked on my own. So, how come they never show up? Is there something more I have to do after the burned tower?

I beat the league already.

This is the X version.
                                          Old May 5th, 2008 (3:12 PM).
                                          Are you still there?

Quote:
                                            Is that really necessary? -_-
                                            What do the rest of the people think?
                                            Yes, to me it's one of those thing that make the game nice

Quote:
                                            Probably the best is to get rematches, the better and harder the rematch, the higher the prize, I think. Though this way may not be the fastest way. My advice for you is to not waste your money during the game, save it for when you really need it.
                                            By the way, in the X version trainers give higher ammounts of money.
                                            Sweet, now I don't have to worry about money at all

All of the other ShinyGold banners
                                            Spoiler:

I did not make these, but if you want to use them pm me and I'll give you the code.
                                            Old May 5th, 2008 (3:49 PM).
                                            XxOblivion77 XxOblivion77 is offline
                                            All-Around Gamer

loooool.

Another Rock in the rock tunnel.

When will we be able to get past them?
                                              Old May 5th, 2008 (3:51 PM).
                                              Wee! Holidays! I'll get a Wii!

Location: In a Spitfire IXe, 200ft above ground
                                                there are many of these rocks... i know 2: one in cerulean and one in the dragons den
                                                actually theres nothing behind them... hope they are used in another beta/final release

N=R*.fp.ne.fℓ.fi.fc.L Got that? Drake Equation
                                                Old May 5th, 2008 (4:30 PM).
                                                Rom hacker in training

Nature: Modest
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by bruom View Post
                                                  there are many of these rocks... i know 2: one in cerulean and one in the dragons den
                                                  actually theres nothing behind them... hope they are used in another beta/final release

If you think about it, the one in the Dragon's Den could be a certain green dragon pokemon...but thats just my speculation. I like all of the OW's except the snorlax, but its completely up to you what you put in your game, Zel. Anyways great job, the OW's with the exception of snorlax are awesome.
                                                  Old May 5th, 2008 (4:45 PM).
                                                  XxOblivion77 XxOblivion77 is offline
                                                  All-Around Gamer

I've explored almost every square inch of the game and I've foun these rocks:

Dragon's Den Rock
                                                    Whirl Islands Rock (On the route)
                                                    Cerulean Route Area Rock
                                                    Rock Tunnel Rock

My theory:

Dragon's Den = Rayquaza
                                                    Whirl Islands = Kyogre
                                                    Cerulean = ? Maybe Groudon or Mewtwo
                                                    Rock Tunnel = Regis

Quick Reply