Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old October 8th, 2003 (5:06 PM).
DragonTrainer DragonTrainer is offline
Shiver me timbers!
     
    Join Date: Sep 2003
    Age: 26
    Gender:
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 6,350
    I thought this thread was succesful in old pc, until people started flaming.Flaming will not be tolerated here.Respect others beliefs.
    What upsets me is homosexuality and atheism.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old October 8th, 2003 (5:24 PM).
    Kairi's Avatar
    Kairi Kairi is offline
    The Original $staff_title
       
      Join Date: Sep 2003
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 10,285
      Right there you listed the two most likely words to start a flamewar. I'll close this at the very slightest of a hint of one. I mean it, no bashing anyone else, and no debating on either topic. If I see it, it is closed for everyone.
        #3    
      Old October 8th, 2003 (5:28 PM).
      baby*j's Avatar
      baby*j baby*j is offline
      Member
         
        Join Date: Oct 2003
        Location: New York City Baby !!!
        Gender:
        Posts: 83
        Smokers :dead: I dislike people who smoke, they are killing themselves
        and intoxicating their surroundings and the air. Smoking is a bad habit (aswell
        as an addiction) but smokers could quit if they really wanted to.

        Homosexuality ... why do people still have problems with it ?

        Its 2003 ... the world is supposed to be advanced. BTW, what is "flaming" ?
          #4    
        Old October 8th, 2003 (5:30 PM).
        Dizzy's Avatar
        Dizzy Dizzy is offline
        My Father is a Baron!
           
          Join Date: Sep 2003
          Location: Formentera, Espana
          Age: 28
          Gender:
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 6,377
          Fighting Back , Giving Bad Remarks , basically picking a fight , thats what flame means.
          __________________
          The Baron Giacinto Vittorino da Silva VI
          Thanks to Pincushion for the blinkie


          Please join my fan-club. I have no fans

            #5    
          Old October 8th, 2003 (5:33 PM).
          DragonTrainer DragonTrainer is offline
          Shiver me timbers!
             
            Join Date: Sep 2003
            Age: 26
            Gender:
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 6,350
            OK sorry for posting that, but I had to say it.Guys, we mean it, DO NOT FLAME OTHERS FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE.I think if we can hold back from flaming, this may be a good thread.
              #6    
            Old October 8th, 2003 (5:33 PM).
            baby*j's Avatar
            baby*j baby*j is offline
            Member
               
              Join Date: Oct 2003
              Location: New York City Baby !!!
              Gender:
              Posts: 83
              Thanks Dizzy.

              I forgot,

              The thing that upsets me the most in the world is racist people.

              Its just sheer stupidity and ignorance.
                #7    
              Old October 8th, 2003 (5:38 PM).
              DragonTrainer DragonTrainer is offline
              Shiver me timbers!
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2003
                Age: 26
                Gender:
                Nature: Adamant
                Posts: 6,350
                Yeah I agrre with you.I absolutely despise racism.And I also dislike homework.The true question is, who does like homework?
                  #8    
                Old October 8th, 2003 (5:41 PM).
                latiosspud's Avatar
                latiosspud latiosspud is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2003
                  Location: Montreal, Canada
                  Age: 26
                  Gender:
                  Posts: 828
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DragonTrainer
                  Yeah I agrre with you.I absolutely despise racism.And I also dislike homework.The true question is, who does like homework?
                  Well I don't like it but I don't dislike it either.
                  __________________


                  "When you live so close together for a year's time and you stay back and they go and don't come back, I think you suffer worse than they do." -William Procter

                  Two kinds of people are staying on this beach, the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here." -Col. George A. Taylor

                  "You will kill 10 of our men, and we will kill 1 of yours, and in the end it will be you who tire of it." -Ho Chi Minh (Nguyen Tat Thanh)
                    #9    
                  Old October 8th, 2003 (5:46 PM).
                  Dizzy's Avatar
                  Dizzy Dizzy is offline
                  My Father is a Baron!
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2003
                    Location: Formentera, Espana
                    Age: 28
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 6,377
                    i dont have homework so i cant comment.
                      #10    
                    Old October 8th, 2003 (5:47 PM).
                    Haruka's Avatar
                    Haruka Haruka is offline
                    Pokémon Coordinator
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2003
                      Location: Kanto (Currently: Caldwell, NJ)
                      Age: 28
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 3,877
                      These things make me upset or put me in tears (normal for females. )
                      Racism
                      Gay Marriage... (I am against it... I don't think gay people should have the right to marry each other... my sence... it's discusting)
                      Disrespecting Homosexuals (You have no right to make fun of gay/lesbian people.. it's their choice)
                      Saying bad things about me (Popularity kind of thing)
                      Anti-Pokemon and Anti-Yu-gi-oh
                      __________________


                      Omigosh, it's the return of Ashley... =o
                      Friend Codes
                      Pokemon Battle Revolution: 4381 9024 5685 (Alyssa)
                      Pokemon Diamond: 1718 9721 5525 (Hikari) (2 win, 2 loss)
                      Florafield City Gym* is now open!
                      Gym Statistics: 3 win, 3 loss
                      *Requires a registration at TCoD and also with the League.
                        #11    
                      Old October 8th, 2003 (5:48 PM).
                      Haruka's Avatar
                      Haruka Haruka is offline
                      Pokémon Coordinator
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2003
                        Location: Kanto (Currently: Caldwell, NJ)
                        Age: 28
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Gentle
                        Posts: 3,877
                        I like homework... I personally think Homework help you learn and review the things you do in class..


                        That is a thing that a geek would say.
                          #12    
                        Old October 8th, 2003 (5:50 PM).
                        latiosspud's Avatar
                        latiosspud latiosspud is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2003
                          Location: Montreal, Canada
                          Age: 26
                          Gender:
                          Posts: 828
                          I like homework because it makes me have a high average compared to every else who don't do their homework. That's the only reason though...
                            #13    
                          Old October 8th, 2003 (5:53 PM).
                          Dizzy's Avatar
                          Dizzy Dizzy is offline
                          My Father is a Baron!
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2003
                            Location: Formentera, Espana
                            Age: 28
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 6,377
                            Haruka is right , While your not supposed to make fun of Gay/Lesbians , the Shouldnt have the right to marry. Its not right.
                              #14    
                            Old October 8th, 2003 (7:04 PM).
                            Igglybuddy's Avatar
                            Igglybuddy Igglybuddy is offline
                            OMG PENGUINS
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2003
                              Location: Antarctica
                              Posts: 347
                              *shrugs* How is a married couple different from a common-law couple? Essentially, they aren't. Why not let them get married? Love is love, kids. And while I'm guilty of hypocrisy, same as everyone...isn't denying homosexuals the ability to marry rather like discriminating against them? I don't know, but when people say it annoys them that people disrespect homosexuals, and then go on to say that a [email protected] marriage would be disgusting...eh.

                              Anyway...the thing that bothers me most is when people discriminate against or do terrible things to women...rape, sexual assault, etc. Similarly with children and men, if it comes to it. It really, truly makes me sick and when I hear about it it makes me afraid to walk down the streets, I swear.

                              Religious fundamentalism really annoys me also. Not to say that it's not right to believe that the earth is six thousand years old; if that floats you boat, well, go with it. What bothers me is when these people try to get their ancient myths taught as ABSOLUTE FACT in our PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Similarly with intelligent design. Public schools are supposed to be a place where students can go where they won't have to worry about religion... You don't teach ancient greek mythology in science class, so why ancient hebrew? Ugh...

                              Also, when people smoke around me, or get on the bus having just smoked. The smell makes me ill--it's such a disgusting habit.

                              Heh, I think it's human nature to dislike homework, but it truly does help you understand the concepts better if you do it. *shrugs*

                              Let's see...racism and other forms of discrimination, as I've mentioned earlier, irk me also. Most things born from hatred and ignorance bother me, it seems.

                              Okay...one final thing. When people try to blame the video game/entertainment industry for all of society's ills. It doesn't work that way--if there's anyone to blame, it's the parents who don't impress upon their children the difference between FANTASY and REALITY...and the media, turning the U.S. into a society of fear. Have you ever seen a news show here in Canada? In the states, it's like 'murdermurdermurderdrunkdriverbreakinpedophilefearfearmorefear', whereas in Canada, it's like, 'Chretien is a wanker! Now let's look at some cute kitties!'.

                              ...so...DON'T DO DRUGS, KIDDIES! *ding*
                              __________________

                              an appallingly generous gift from Forest Grovyle, thank you again
                              "I want to be the greatest pokémon trainer who ever walked under the sun...or in the darkness."
                                #15    
                              Old October 8th, 2003 (7:14 PM).
                              Hazuki-san's Avatar
                              Hazuki-san Hazuki-san is offline
                              Doesn't exist
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2003
                                Location: Traveling to Kanto
                                Age: 29
                                Gender:
                                Posts: 528
                                1) Mean people and bullies

                                2) Anti-pokemon

                                3) Ciggarette smoke

                                4) Bad grades
                                  #16    
                                Old October 9th, 2003 (3:01 AM).
                                G-LANCE's Avatar
                                G-LANCE G-LANCE is offline
                                Fire and Dragon!!!
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2003
                                  Location: Take a wild guess Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 530
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by baby*j
                                  Thanks Dizzy.

                                  I forgot,

                                  The thing that upsets me the most in the world is racist people.

                                  Its just sheer stupidity and ignorance.
                                  i was so shocked at the amount of racists at my school, there used to it in korea but im from the good old US of A where racism (at least in california) is just plain wrong!

                                  i felt sorry for the kids who are being oppressed but considering my current social status there isn't much i can do about it...
                                  __________________

                                  Thanx sooooo much to MoonLight who did my avatar.
                                  MoonLight=Savior
                                  Don't forget, I'm a MoonLight mindslave @[email protected]

                                  [CENTER][SIZE=1]
                                  Paired up with Fire Master!!!
                                  +=LOVE

                                  Questshippers Unite!
                                    #17    
                                  Old October 9th, 2003 (4:41 AM).
                                  DragonTrainer DragonTrainer is offline
                                  Shiver me timbers!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2003
                                    Age: 26
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 6,350
                                    Yeah racism is just plain wrong.No one should care what color you are, just who you ore.And well, homosexuality is just plain wrong.For those who believe in god, it's a sin, not to mention disgusting
                                      #18    
                                    Old October 9th, 2003 (5:38 AM).
                                    Keitaro's Avatar
                                    Keitaro Keitaro is offline
                                    Urashima
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2003
                                      Location: Hinata Inn (IRL: Ontario, Canada)
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Gentle
                                      Posts: 582
                                      Heartless people, there are lot of them out there believe it or not.
                                      __________________
                                      The retired mod known as,

                                      PC's first ever 'Member of the Year'.
                                        #19    
                                      Old October 9th, 2003 (5:40 AM).
                                      22sa's Avatar
                                      22sa 22sa is offline
                                      ロミオとシンデレ �� �� �� �� ��
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2003
                                        Location: Canada
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Naive
                                        Posts: 8,380
                                        The liers, the hypocrites, and the annoying... Doesn't mean I hate these types of people, they just upset me.
                                        __________________

                                        . きみさえ~ いれば
                                          #20    
                                        Old October 9th, 2003 (6:04 AM).
                                        Tsukushi-chan Tsukushi-chan is offline
                                        Evil Genius
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2003
                                          Location: Why do you wanna know? Huh? HUH??
                                          Age: 27
                                          Posts: 75
                                          I lot of things get me upset. ; Then again, I'm not that happy of a person. XD *chuckle*

                                          Homophobes, racism, people you wave their religion is the best and all others are cults, politics, girls at my school, being made fun of, seeing my sister sick.

                                          That's all I'll say. I do have a feeling somebody's gonna say something that's gonna tick somebody else off. *sighs*
                                            #21    
                                          Old October 9th, 2003 (10:47 AM).
                                          orange*berry's Avatar
                                          orange*berry orange*berry is offline
                                          Has catching up to do...
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2003
                                            Location: The Ohkido Residence
                                            Age: 30
                                            Gender:
                                            Posts: 826
                                            Mean, selfish people, racists, people who abuse bunnies and squeeze the life out of hamsters, anger, hatred, lack of sleep...
                                            Otherwise I'm pretty cheerful. n.n()
                                            __________________
                                            Paired with Sableye! =3
                                            Official glomper of Scyther5 X3

                                            -Berrylicous Signature-
                                            My sitey is movin' to this place! ;.;

                                            Let's boogie!
                                              #22    
                                            Old October 9th, 2003 (10:50 AM).
                                            Dizzy's Avatar
                                            Dizzy Dizzy is offline
                                            My Father is a Baron!
                                               
                                              Join Date: Sep 2003
                                              Location: Formentera, Espana
                                              Age: 28
                                              Gender:
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 6,377
                                              I hate people who hate the color pink
                                                #23    
                                              Old October 9th, 2003 (11:39 AM).
                                              Haruka's Avatar
                                              Haruka Haruka is offline
                                              Pokémon Coordinator
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2003
                                                Location: Kanto (Currently: Caldwell, NJ)
                                                Age: 28
                                                Gender:
                                                Nature: Gentle
                                                Posts: 3,877
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Keleri
                                                *shrugs* How is a married couple different from a common-law couple? Essentially, they aren't. Why not let them get married? Love is love, kids. And while I'm guilty of hypocrisy, same as everyone...isn't denying homosexuals the ability to marry rather like discriminating against them? I don't know, but when people say it annoys them that people disrespect homosexuals, and then go on to say that a [email protected] marriage would be disgusting...eh.

                                                Anyway...the thing that bothers me most is when people discriminate against or do terrible things to women...rape, sexual assault, etc. Similarly with children and men, if it comes to it. It really, truly makes me sick and when I hear about it it makes me afraid to walk down the streets, I swear.

                                                Religious fundamentalism really annoys me also. Not to say that it's not right to believe that the earth is six thousand years old; if that floats you boat, well, go with it. What bothers me is when these people try to get their ancient myths taught as ABSOLUTE FACT in our PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Similarly with intelligent design. Public schools are supposed to be a place where students can go where they won't have to worry about religion... You don't teach ancient greek mythology in science class, so why ancient hebrew? Ugh...

                                                Also, when people smoke around me, or get on the bus having just smoked. The smell makes me ill--it's such a disgusting habit.

                                                Heh, I think it's human nature to dislike homework, but it truly does help you understand the concepts better if you do it. *shrugs*

                                                Let's see...racism and other forms of discrimination, as I've mentioned earlier, irk me also. Most things born from hatred and ignorance bother me, it seems.

                                                Okay...one final thing. When people try to blame the video game/entertainment industry for all of society's ills. It doesn't work that way--if there's anyone to blame, it's the parents who don't impress upon their children the difference between FANTASY and REALITY...and the media, turning the U.S. into a society of fear. Have you ever seen a news show here in Canada? In the states, it's like 'murdermurdermurderdrunkdriverbreakinpedophilefearfearmorefear', whereas in Canada, it's like, 'Chretien is a wanker! Now let's look at some cute kitties!'.

                                                ...so...DON'T DO DRUGS, KIDDIES! *ding*
                                                If they allow gay marrages.. Then the human population would be going down... not up...

                                                heh... nuff said... not to offend you.

                                                and I am not against gay people.
                                                  #24    
                                                Old October 9th, 2003 (12:20 PM).
                                                baby*j's Avatar
                                                baby*j baby*j is offline
                                                Member
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Oct 2003
                                                  Location: New York City Baby !!!
                                                  Gender:
                                                  Posts: 83
                                                  Quote:
                                                  And well, homosexuality is just plain wrong.For those who believe in God,its a sin,not to mention disgusting.

                                                  Well, I used to believe in God when I was small, but entering my teenage
                                                  years I found myself questioning if there really is one. I'm not saying I DON'T
                                                  believe in God, I'm just not sure where I stand on the matter.

                                                  Anyhow, I thought God said things like : Love eachother, we're all brothers
                                                  and sisters

                                                  ... things like that. How can we hate people just because they have
                                                  a different sexual preference from most others ? We ALL have feelings
                                                  and NO DOUBT it hurts homosexuals when people don't accept them,
                                                  or make fun of them or beat them up because they like members of the
                                                  same sex.

                                                  Doesn't it matter how we are a people ? In the inside ???
                                                    #25    
                                                  Old October 9th, 2003 (2:03 PM).
                                                  orange*berry's Avatar
                                                  orange*berry orange*berry is offline
                                                  Has catching up to do...
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Sep 2003
                                                    Location: The Ohkido Residence
                                                    Age: 30
                                                    Gender:
                                                    Posts: 826
                                                    Quote:
                                                    Originally Posted by Dizzy
                                                    I hate people who hate the color pink
                                                    Oh, me too! I don't know how many times Iv heared, 'Don't make this layout pink! Your going to scare all the guys away from the site!'. e_e Hooeeeiii...
                                                    Closed Thread

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:45 AM.