• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shuckle

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Well, yeah, i'm think of adding this guy to my wi-fi team, mainly because it has the highest Base Def and Sp. Def out of them all, so far i've got this:

Name: Shuckle
    Trait: Gluttony(sturdy will be a waste)
    EVS: 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 6 Hp
    Movepool:
    I've got nothing

so i need some help here, any help will be appreciated

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    EVs: 252 HP, 124 Def, 128 Sp Def (when using a +Def nature, should have roughly the same Defensive in the end)

But yeah, Shuckle needs the HP more than Defense EVs... otherwise Seismic Toss will be enough to waste him

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    ok, well i'll try that out, do you have any ideas for the movepool?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    maybe not his, but have somebody with Sandstorm or Sandstream so Shuckle gets the extra boost to his Sp Def...

Toxic is probably the best way to cause damage with Shuckle, unless you run Trick Room/Power Trick with Shuckle...

Possibly Rest, but it might be risky without a cleric on your team

Sorry that I'm not much help, I haven't used a Shuckle myself

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Toxic
    Rest
    Flash
    Swagger

I'd say Shuckle would make a pretty good staller. Confusion is pretty annoying, espcially combined with Toxic and lowered accuracy.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Stalling is boring, and it's easy for Shuckle to get walled by Poison / Steel types. Anything carrying Rest will make Toxic completely useless. At least the supporting wall can somehow help the team with the use of Encore.

Shuckle @ Leftovers / Liechi Berry
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
    - Power Trick
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute / Gyro Ball

Works well with teams carrying Trick Room, otherwise, finish off your opponent's physical sweepers first so that they can't take full advantage of Shuckle's defence drop once using Power Trick. Gyro Ball is a powerful move to use considering how slow Shuckle is, or you could use Substitute in order to get a greater attack boost with Liechi Berry.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    Ok, well i've come up with this, tell me if it's any good or not please:

EVS: 252 HP, 124 Def, 128 Sp. Def
    Nature: Relaxed
    Movepool:
    Toxic
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Power Trick

So would that be any good for a staller?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Ok, well i've come up with this, tell me if it's any good or not please:

EVS: 252 HP, 124 Def, 128 Sp. Def
    Movepool:
    Toxic
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Power Trick

So would that be any good for a staller?

Nononononononononononononononononononononono. I can't believe no one has pointed out the failure that is shuckle. But first, the moveset. EQ and trick room are useless unless you have the fancy power trick move or whatever...but shuckle just fails. Any steel or poison type walls it, since it CAN'T attack (barring the trick move strategy) and has horridous HP...but the movepool...that's why it is walled by so much. Its only means of attacking is toxic, and *cougharomatherapyblisseycough* totally walls it for the entire team...and stall wars are no fun IMO. If you DO use shuckle, use the power move strategy or don't use it at all...though it might actually work if the opposition lacks a heal beller...but meh, there are WAY better mixed walls, like dusknoir.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Ok I hate Shuckle but he can be kinda effective with this:
    Shuckle@Leftovers
    Ability: Gluttony
    Nature: Impish
    252 HP/ 198 Def/ 60 def
    -Power Trick
    -Trick Room
    -Toxic
    -Gyro Ball

1st Turn:Trick Room
    2nd Turn:Toxic
    3rd Turn:Power Trick
    4th Turn:Gyro Ball
    that kicks @ss if you can pull it off!

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    It really doesn't. Power Trick is unreliable when there are so many priority move users out there. It's just too risky, and you probably won't be killing anything.

And BTW, Shuckle is awesome. Knock Off and Encore are too darn good on it.

Gengarchomp

n00bier than you
    Years
    This is just off the top of my head, but maby this:
    Shuckle@leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EV: 252HP 124DEF 128SPDEF
    -Safeguard
    -Stealth Rock
    -Substitute
    -Earthquake

Safeguard to prevent poison, Stealth Rock can help set up another Pokemon, Substitute will get annoying if your opponent doesn't have seismic toss, and earthquake for poisons and steels.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Shuckle can learn Trick Room?

It does a nice job on Trick Room teams.

If you're planning on a defensive Shuckle, your best bet is Rest. It can take quite a few attacks, Rest is very good on it.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Use Power Trick Shuckle on TR Sandstorm teams. It's fun. Just be sure to switch in on a mediocre SAttker, or one choiced into a nve move. Alternatively:

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef -- Impish
    Acupressure
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Rollout

;)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    And BTW, Shuckle is awesome. Knock Off and Encore are too darn good on it.

There is one flaw in your logic: While shuckle has a decent support movepool, many pokemon can use knock off, though tangrowth is the best...and encore...meh, choice items usually make it rather useless, though it is a good move. Here is the flaw in your logic I forgot to mention...shuckle can take any hit, but how can it attack? You're right, trick room+power trick is extremely risky, but what else can it do? Its attack stats are dirt, DIRT! and the only way of inflicting damage is toxic...and a few othresd not worth mentioning. Therefore, shuckle can tkae hits, but nothing else, except the trick move thing. If it has the correct matchup, shuckle is a monster, but it doesn't get many with skarmory, aromatherapy bliss, forry, metagross, steelix, gengar, etc. running around. Shuckle has amazing potential, but it ultimately fails, or at least IMO.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Again I'll say, Shuckle is definitely not an attacking force. Not every pokemon must carry a move that inflicts damage. This is why you get 5 more pokemon in your team =)

I never used Tangrowth myself, because I hate the fragile sp.def. Nothing hurts Shuckle too much, and when coupled with the right pokemon, it can bring a team down, especially in the 4th gen where items are more important than ever.

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Its attack base is rather terrible, so that usually leaves the opponent to easily set up on it, right? That's not exactly the case. If Shuckle has access to Encore, it stops stat-raising moves, and it'll most likely force the opponent to switch, allowing you to bring another pokémon member on your team on the attack. For any reason it uses Encore when the opponent has used an offensive move instead, its defences are enough to absorb damage, even with it's low HP base. Shuckle doesn't need to cause any damage in this case. As long as you've got a certain amount of experience and prediction, it will give you great results.

Back