• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What exactly is this place???

Harper

Crazy guy with red hair...
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Can someone explain to me how you can trade pokemon from across the world??? are you playing a rom file or sumfin, becaose last time i cheked there is no gameboy plug in on my computer...
    is this just with pearl and diamond?

PS i know theres probably another thread like this somewere but i cant find it...

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    wifi??... like in my gameboy??? does it work with LG?? do i need to buy something,like a special link cable??

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
  • what you will need is internet acces(which you most likely have)and no the gameboys dont have that.Then buy a wireless router or that one thing for the nintendo ds and/or wii...i think is called...i forgot.do you have a wiereless router??and no cables neccasarry.

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    yeh i have wireless, but i dont have a DS. will my LG wireless cable thing work?

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • no... the GTS is an exclusive wifi feature that is found on Diamond and Pearl... I think it's time for you to get it!

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Dammit dammit!!!
    but i dont understand!
    diamond and pearl havnt come out yet! and i donteven have a DS
    :( uhhh sad...

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Australia.... i havnt seen it in any stores yet...
    Ps i never realy planned on buying it. i got over this consumerism thing. buying one gameboy, then having to buy the next one and the next one... and i didnt wana get the DS cos you cant plug a link cable into it and trade from LG to FR

ThePlaya

Years
  • ohhhhh.....wait i think it came out already...let me check something and ill tell you.i live in the U.S. so of course it came out already...like 6 months ago(i think)

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • Okay:
    GTS(Global Trade Station) is where you can search for pokemon, you'll need atleast one badge to get their.Wi-Fi is when you exchange a code witgh somebody here and the game will somehow recognize it.You can battle and trade through Wi-Fi.It is exclusive to the DS and Wii, but only with Wi-Fi enabled games like:
    Animal Crossing:Wild World(DS)
    Pokemon Battle Revolution(Wii)

ThePlaya

Years
  • hey harper i checked some of my PMs because me and this ohter person from here(ultimate_trainer)lives in Australia and while we were talking i think it came out already but like only recnetly and there like 50-65 dollars....thats a lot compared to here(35 dollars)

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    yeh but your money is worth 75 aus cents. so it comes down a lot aswell... 65$ is probly around 35 american $ i cant b sure tho...
    so you guys ar telling me the only way i can get on this global trade thing is by buying a DS and diamond/pearl?
    Aproximatly how much all up??... in aus dolars anyone who knows?

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
  • yeh but your money is worth 75 aus cents. so it comes down a lot aswell... 65$ is probly around 35 american $ i cant b sure tho...
    so you guys ar telling me the only way i can get on this global trade thing is by buying a DS and diamond/pearl?
    Aproximatly how much all up??... in aus dolars anyone who knows?
    I don't know bout Australia money but here:
    DS:$130
    Game:$37(I saw one at my walt-mart at $40!)
    Wi-Fi Adapter:$40
    ------
    $207

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    ohh well... if i'm any good at maths, then i wont have nearly enough money... i'l brobably be able to get the Ds and maybe the game but that's a maybe... dosnt the DS already come with inbuilt wireless??

Harper

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    oh well... its probably better if i dont buy it... i'd probably just throttle all u guys until you cant fight anymore... so i shud just stay out of the round the world fighting :)

ThePlaya

Years
  • well i dont think you shouldnt since thats one of the best features that it has and when you beat the game you can battle and trade with anyone around the world.
    its a fun thing to do.:)

Back