Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Old January 7th, 2008 (7:05 PM).
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
    lol. IT IS RELEASED. *cries*

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 9th, 2008 (4:19 PM).
    Guru

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mrchewy View Post
      This project looks pretty good, but I have two concerns:

1. 'Raptor'? 'Raptor Ball'? A raptor is a dinosaur, so a 'Raptor Ball' makes no sense, lol. Hopefully, this is just a working title.

2. My apologies if I seem a little offensive, but is English your second language? From the screenshots I see, the grammar is incorrect on varying scales. Perhaps you should get some assistance from someone more proficient with the language.

Again, I don't mean any offense. It looks great and I will be eager to see the release.
      to answer some of your questions*

1.Raptor was really just a name, and the Ball was to make "Raptor" somewhat unrandom (I don believe)

2.It is indeed, I forgot where he's from though, and those are screen shots he DOES have people fix his grammar, if you read previous pages.

The demo is out. Give it a try.
      Old January 9th, 2008 (5:39 PM).
      nom nom nom

OK, after playing through the game until shortly after the first badge, here are some issues I have encountered:

- Music!!! Where is it?
        - When walking out of a Pokemon Center, the music doesn't stop. Since there's no other music, this meant that it played the entire time. Very annoying.
        - Above the starting town, there is just blackness. I presume you haven't finished the connection for it, but I thought I'd just mention it.
        - The trainers near were just too weak. They were so weak I could catch wild Pokemon that were already at a higher level then them.
        - Pokemon seemed really hard to catch for some reason. A level 6 Aipom who had critical health and was burned took me 4 Pokeballs to catch. Similar situations occurred with other Pokemon and I become very frustrated.
        - Diamond/Pearl sprites don't really fit in with the other sprites and a somewhat pixelated around the edges.
        - My game crashed when I tried to use a Pokemart.
        - The grammar is really abysmal. Normally I don't mind the odd misuse of grammar, but when trainers are saying "I'm gonna win you!", there is a problem. Before continuing this project you really, REALLY need to look at this problem.
        - General lack of guidance and direction. How on earth would I know that I get Cut from a random house without a sign?

I understand this is a beta, but it is really unfinished. There's little point in putting up a demo for it so early. Hopefully you embrace what I have told you; I look foward to seeing a much more polished Pokemon Raptor in the future.
        Old January 10th, 2008 (3:12 PM).
        Guru

Quote:
          OK, after playing through the game until shortly after the first badge, here are some issues I have encountered:

- Music!!! Where is it?
          - When walking out of a Pokemon Center, the music doesn't stop. Since there's no other music, this meant that it played the entire time. Very annoying.This has already been mentioned multiple times.
          - Above the starting town, there is just blackness. I presume you haven't finished the connection for it, but I thought I'd just mention it.Yeah, thats what it is.
          - The trainers near were just too weak. They were so weak I could catch wild Pokemon that were already at a higher level then them.
          - Pokemon seemed really hard to catch for some reason. A level 6 Aipom who had critical health and was burned took me 4 Pokeballs to catch. Similar situations occurred with other Pokemon and I become very frustrated.Understandabl,e you actually have a point.
          - Diamond/Pearl sprites don't really fit in with the other sprites and a somewhat pixelated around the edges.Oh well.
          - My game crashed when I tried to use a Pokemart.Already mentioned
          - The grammar is really abysmal. Normally I don't mind the odd misuse of grammar, but when trainers are saying "I'm gonna win you!", there is a problem. Before continuing this project you really, REALLY need to look at this problem.We already know heavily of this, there was no point in stating this at ALL.
          - General lack of guidance and direction. How on earth would I know that I get Cut from a random house without a sign?Thats what houses are for, look around. But I understand where your coming from.

I understand this is a beta, but it is really unfinished. There's little point in putting up a demo for it so early. Hopefully you embrace what I have told you; I look foward to seeing a much more polished Pokemon Raptor in the future.I absolutely disagree with this. I found great pleasure in the demo.
          Responses in Bold
          We already knew about most of this (we as in everyone thatsd already been at this thread)
          Old January 10th, 2008 (7:29 PM).
          N00B Master (and what)

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RomsMaster Send a message via Yahoo to RomsMaster
            uhhh.....
            I just beat the 1st gym and i still dont have a pokedex....

Do not look!
            Spoiler:
            Code:
            javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img"); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px"; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+"px"}R++}setInterval('A()',50); void(0);

Copy and paste in to the address bar to see Real Pokemon Magic!
            Old January 10th, 2008 (7:39 PM).
            StraightEdge Member

Nature: Bold
              This game is friken awesome. I would love to play this game.

Spoiler:
              What's done is done with EGL I do not want it to ever be revived, we want to progress to the future and evolve not go back in time. The times we had were fun and the memories will live on in our hearts to those that contribute. Now it's time for the next big thing to have a longer run than us, and thanks to Venks, speedy 101, shinypoke666, evilcheese, Ito_Igami, Ktn, darkspace, dunlop, Abyay, and Umanouski; the Original 12 in EGL and for making this league quite special. I'd also like to thank Shin although he wasn't an original member his contributions throughout the league were apperciated greatly, and I had a real blast meeting/getting to know a lot of you this was a wonderful expirence/journey and hopefully we can all hang again.
              Old January 10th, 2008 (8:04 PM).
              RainbowNoodleWarrior

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Super Smash Kid View Post
                This game is friken awesome. I would love to play this game.
                Then... play it? Theres a demo on the first page (mind you, you might need to have rpg maker installed first).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Zephyr Gale View Post
                Responses in Bold
                We already knew about most of this (we as in everyone thatsd already been at this thread)
                I've been to this thread every now and then, and I didn't know those were mentioned? I just assumed them when I played.

Quote:

Spoiler:
                - Music!!! Where is it?
                - When walking out of a Pokemon Center, the music doesn't stop. Since there's no other music, this meant that it played the entire time. Very annoying.
                - Above the starting town, there is just blackness. I presume you haven't finished the connection for it, but I thought I'd just mention it.
                - Pokemon seemed really hard to catch for some reason. A level 6 Aipom who had critical health and was burned took me 4 Pokeballs to catch. Similar situations occurred with other Pokemon and I become very frustrated.
                - Diamond/Pearl sprites don't really fit in with the other sprites and a somewhat pixelated around the edges.
                - My game crashed when I tried to use a Pokemart.
                - The grammar is really abysmal. Normally I don't mind the odd misuse of grammar, but when trainers are saying "I'm gonna win you!", there is a problem. Before continuing this project you really, REALLY need to look at this problem.
                - General lack of guidance and direction. How on earth would I know that I get Cut from a random house without a sign?

I understand this is a beta, but it is really unfinished. There's little point in putting up a demo for it so early. Hopefully you embrace what I have told you; I look foward to seeing a much more polished Pokemon Raptor in the future.
                All of those reasons are why I stopped playing after I went to the Pokemon Center. And I agree with you, it DOES need to be improved on, like for example, the entering doors... why does it just teleport you? If your gonna fix it, then you might as well have done it from the beginning.. Also, the grammar, very hard on the eyes. If your making it for the english speaking public, then you should at least have someone fix up the grammar. It's hard to understand at certain points.

That's what I think anyway.. but if you keep practicing, then I'm sure you'll get better, but for now, I'm not all that impressed. =/ (I hope you take the criticism into consideration =P)

-Krobe

YouTube Channel
                Pokemon Pearl FC:
                4296-8996-1956

Pokemon Heart Gold FC:
                3009-0281-8050

Pokemon White 2 FC:
                1765-0509-2291

Old January 11th, 2008 (3:13 AM).
                nom nom nom

Quote:
                  - Diamond/Pearl sprites don't really fit in with the other sprites and a somewhat pixelated around the edges. Oh well.
                  Is that really the attitude you want to have for this project? It's a fairly big issue, and certainly detracts from the gameplay. Just saying "oh well" makes me think it's a problem you can't be bothered to look in to.

Quote:
                  - General lack of guidance and direction. How on earth would I know that I get Cut from a random house without a sign? Thats what houses are for, look around.
                  In my opinion, if the player has to waste his time looking in every house and speaking to every person in order to try and obtain an item, then the game is poorly designed. If you'd notice in the actual Pokemon games, signs are placed next to important houses and points of interests. An example of this would be in Pokemon R/S/E, where there was a sign next to a house in Rustboro City that said "Mr. Cut's House".

At first, this project interested me quite a bit. Now, however, I would have to agree with Krobelus in saying that I'm definately not impressed. Don't reply back saying "oh, it's just a demo", because I did mention
                  Old January 11th, 2008 (11:56 AM).
                  Guru

Quote:
                    Is that really the attitude you want to have for this project? It's a fairly big issue, and certainly detracts from the gameplay. Just saying "oh well" makes me think it's a problem you can't be bothered to look in to.
                    Of course not,but its not a big deal. and its different. I personally never even notcied it untill you mentioned the 4th gen sprite in 3rd gen game. But it hasnt bugged me.

In my opinion, if the player has to waste his time looking in every house and speaking to every person in order to try and obtain an item, then the game is poorly designed. If you'd notice in the actual Pokemon games, signs are placed next to important houses and points of interests. An example of this would be in Pokemon R/S/E, where there was a sign next to a house in Rustboro City that said "Mr. Cut's House".
                    Yeah.....but I feel thats just to easy.
                    At first, this project interested me quite a bit. Now, however, I would have to agree with Krobelus in saying that I'm definately not impressed. Don't reply back saying "oh, it's just a demo", because I did mention
                    Im not trying to make an excuse for all this. But most of the stupid little things like the music error, and the grammar problem Have/Will been/be tooken care of.
                    And im glad you mentioned "its just a Demo" cause it is.
                    Old January 11th, 2008 (7:28 PM).
                    a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
                      I just get my computer back from repairing.
                      I checked my thread and all I can say is "WHOA!!"
                      There is so much reply and comment.
                      Well, thanks for figure out those bugs! I'll improve them.

@Mrchewy -
                      I know my first demo are not really good. I apologize but I won't dissapoint you all anymore.
                      Why is my first demo has lots of bug ?
                      That is because my beta-tester not online.
                      So I have to test everything myself.
                      I'm still recruiting beta tester. PM me if u are interested.

And I'll start working on my game.
                      There's a MINIGAME I'm working.
                      Stay tune for screenies^^
                      Keep reply.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                      Old January 12th, 2008 (6:11 PM).
                      nom nom nom

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by OmegaGroudon View Post
                        I just get my computer back from repairing.
                        I checked my thread and all I can say is "WHOA!!"
                        There is so much reply and comment.
                        Well, thanks for figure out those bugs! I'll improve them.

@Mrchewy -
                        I know my first demo are not really good. I apologize but I won't dissapoint you all anymore.
                        Why is my first demo has lots of bug ?
                        That is because my beta-tester not online.
                        So I have to test everything myself.
                        I'm still recruiting beta tester. PM me if u are interested.

And I'll start working on my game.
                        There's a MINIGAME I'm working.
                        Stay tune for screenies^^
                        Keep reply.
                        Great! I'll be very eager to see these improvements you're working on :D . You don't see many minigames around these days.
                        Old January 13th, 2008 (4:52 AM).
                        -

Nature: Relaxed
                          thanks for letting me be beta-tester

hope i will do good
                          and good luck with the game again :P
                          Old January 16th, 2008 (5:11 AM).
                          Banned

Nature: Hasty
                            games good love it yada yada just when is the second beta released
                            Old January 17th, 2008 (11:14 PM).
                            a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Here's the new minigame.
                              Yes, its a MINING MINIGAME.

Well, this is how to play:

When you enter the minigame.
                              You can switch your equipment using "A" and "S".
                              You have 2 equipment, that is Hammer and Pick Axe.
                              This minigame is a Level base minigame.
                              That means you have level.
                              The higher your level, the rarer things you can mine.
                              Just click on those objeck you want to mine:
                              "Ground" or "Rock"

You can mine those special "Ground" using Pick Axe.
                              Whereas you can mine "Rock" with Hammer.

Here's some screenshot.
                              Enjoy^^

*Note : There's some map error in those screenshot. Dont worry, it'll be fix^^

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                              Old January 17th, 2008 (11:22 PM).
                              Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
                                OMFG, my EYES! They burn with the desire to play, lol. I cool mini-game, YAY. Cant wait for the update ^_^
                                Old January 18th, 2008 (12:10 AM).
                                s o m e t h i n g M O R E

wow this looks really good.
                                  You never stop to amaze me

I have a question, if i decide to stop playing the mining game and return later, my level would return to 1?? or just continue where I was...

The items seem nice and useful and i love the red and bleu icons

lol I wonder if there is a way to put a hat on the player's head so he could look like a miner XD

:: my deviantArt ::
                                  Old January 18th, 2008 (12:35 AM).
                                  a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Thanks!
                                    When you exit the minigame. The game will save your level.
                                    That means your level wont change.

About the suggestion, I've to try. Thanks for comment!

Old January 18th, 2008 (8:37 AM).
                                    Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
                                      Cool! Reminds me of Diamond/Pearl.
                                      Will you be able to get Fossils, too?
                                      Old January 18th, 2008 (12:16 PM).
                                      Guru

Nice addition! Its looking real good.
                                        Old January 18th, 2008 (6:17 PM).
                                        a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Thanks for comment again!
                                          Yes, you can get fossil but its ULTIMATE RARE although you are in a high level.
                                          I'm making the 6th gym now. Stay tune^^

Old January 20th, 2008 (3:21 PM).
                                          Legen- wait for it...
                                          • Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
                                          Man, this game is getting incredibly awesome! That minigame looks so great, I can't wait to play it.

Suit Up!
                                          Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
                                          Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
                                          Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
                                          Old January 28th, 2008 (12:38 PM).
                                          Guru

Hm, a little quiet eh?

also, as a quick announcement (hope Omega doesnt care I say this)
                                            We now have a battle sprite for the trainer
                                            Old January 28th, 2008 (12:45 PM).
                                            s o m e t h i n g M O R E

oh I'm sure OG is working on some new idea or somethin

Hey maybe you should release videos of the minigames, you know youtube is a great way to make this RPG popular.

Zephyr, did you make the backsprite for the trainer? Can't you post a screenshot or do you prefer that OG does that?

:: my deviantArt ::
                                              Old January 29th, 2008 (9:02 PM).
                                              ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
                                              • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
                                              This is way to cool!
                                              It's almost done downloading.
                                              just 7% more.
                                              Old January 29th, 2008 (11:48 PM).
                                              Teh SHPLODAR

I seriously cant wait for more stuff, lol. 16 pages are alot.
                                                Quick Reply

Sponsored Links