Third Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1276    
Old February 25th, 2011 (1:45 PM).
Weavile05's Avatar
Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
Currently Hacking BW
     
    Join Date: Jun 2010
    Location: North Carolina
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 1,431
    What's the soonest place I can get a Sun Stone in Fire Red?
    __________________
    In progress

    Hoenn, 1 Badge
    My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
    Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1277    
    Old February 25th, 2011 (1:59 PM).
    Nameless.
    Guest
       
      Posts: n/a
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
      What's the soonest place I can get a Sun Stone in Fire Red?

      Ruin Valley. I think you can find it randomly with an ability like Pick-Up too, but don't quote me on that. xD;
        #1278    
      Old February 25th, 2011 (2:02 PM).
      Weavile05's Avatar
      Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
      Currently Hacking BW
         
        Join Date: Jun 2010
        Location: North Carolina
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lax
        Posts: 1,431
        Is that post E4? I'm trying to get a Bellossom.
        __________________
        In progress

        Hoenn, 1 Badge
        My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
        Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
          #1279    
        Old February 25th, 2011 (3:47 PM).
        vaporeon7's Avatar
        vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
        My life would suck without you
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Aug 2010
        Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Adamant
        Posts: 5,154
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
        Is that post E4? I'm trying to get a Bellossom.
        You can't evolve Gloom into Bellossom in FR/LG before the National Dex.
        __________________
          #1280    
        Old February 26th, 2011 (10:11 AM).
        Eeveé's Avatar
        Eeveé Eeveé is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2010
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 90
          clefairys supposed to take 800,000 points to get to lv 100
          whilst bulbasaurs supposed to take 1,059,860
          why when their both at the beginning of lv20 clefairy has more exp.
          as its in the fast group not Erratic so how does this work
          please help
          __________________
          challenges
          current

          combind pokemon solo challenge sapphire: beautifly lv24
          1/8
          mono type challenge normal
          4/8
          grass
          1/8

          mono type electric
          gold 1/8


          completed
          monotype water on fire red

          solo challenge: heracross soul silver lvl 100
            #1281    
          Old February 26th, 2011 (12:43 PM).
          Weavile05's Avatar
          Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
          Currently Hacking BW
             
            Join Date: Jun 2010
            Location: North Carolina
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Lax
            Posts: 1,431
            What's a good place to train for Wallace in RSE?
            I can get anywhere except Evergrande city.
            __________________
            In progress

            Hoenn, 1 Badge
            My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
            Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
              #1282    
            Old February 26th, 2011 (2:39 PM).
            vaporeon7's Avatar
            vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
            My life would suck without you
            • Crystal Tier
             
            Join Date: Aug 2010
            Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 5,154
            The trainers around the routes near Mauville City are good to train on.
            __________________
              #1283    
            Old February 26th, 2011 (2:50 PM).
            Weavile05's Avatar
            Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
            Currently Hacking BW
               
              Join Date: Jun 2010
              Location: North Carolina
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Lax
              Posts: 1,431
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
              The trainers around the routes near Mauville City are good to train on.
              You mean the rematches?
              Is there any way to force these to occur?
              __________________
              In progress

              Hoenn, 1 Badge
              My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
              Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
                #1284    
              Old February 26th, 2011 (3:47 PM).
              bobandbill's Avatar
              bobandbill bobandbill is offline
              shake that booty
              • Administrator
              • PokéCommunity Daily
              • Discord Moderoid
               
              Join Date: Mar 2008
              Location: Central Coast - Australia
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 13,101
              Not that I know of - I guess just wait a bit until they do so. Other ways to train would be fighting the reporters again (they move from route to route each time you beat them - north of Mauville, East of Mauville and East of Fortree in that order iirc), and you can also try surfing south and then west from Mossdeep towards Slateport if you haven't already - lots of trainers there.
              __________________
                #1285    
              Old February 26th, 2011 (3:50 PM).
              vaporeon7's Avatar
              vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
              My life would suck without you
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2010
              Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 5,154
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
              You mean the rematches?
              Is there any way to force these to occur?
              Yes the rematches.

              I don't think there is a way to force rematches. Just go back and forth on the egg trail.
              __________________
                #1286    
              Old February 26th, 2011 (3:54 PM).
              Weavile05's Avatar
              Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
              Currently Hacking BW
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2010
                Location: North Carolina
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lax
                Posts: 1,431
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
                Yes the rematches.

                I don't think there is a way to force rematches. Just go back and forth on the egg trail.
                I'm guessing Egg Trail is the route with the daycare?
                __________________
                In progress

                Hoenn, 1 Badge
                My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
                Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
                  #1287    
                Old February 27th, 2011 (7:50 AM).
                Porygon Z's Avatar
                Porygon Z Porygon Z is offline
                721 and counting!
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                  Location: Pesaro, Italy (GMT +1)
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 684
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
                  I'm guessing Egg Trail is the route with the daycare?
                  I think it's, I do the same way, pass through Route 117 and Mauville City tons of times, then the trainers will rematch you for sure.
                  I think the best place is Route 121, only two trainers but Lv. 45 Pokèmon.

                  I have a question for you.

                  In my Sapphire, the time has frozen, so the clock in my house won't move and also I can't catch Snorunt in that cave on Route 125.

                  Is that the famous Berry Glitch that can be resolved via Colosseum's bonus disk or by connecting with Fire Red/Leaf Green?
                  __________________
                  3DS Friend Code: 1864-9474-4763 (Matthew)
                  X/Y Safari Zone: Ice-type, Snover/Bergmite/Dewgong

                  Emblems awarded so far



                  Alola Rotomdex completion: 294/301

                  Currently looking for: Politoed, Weavile and Lunala Dex entries.
                    #1288    
                  Old February 27th, 2011 (8:05 AM).
                  Weavile05's Avatar
                  Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
                  Currently Hacking BW
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2010
                    Location: North Carolina
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Lax
                    Posts: 1,431
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Porygon Z View Post
                    I think it's, I do the same way, pass through Route 117 and Mauville City tons of times, then the trainers will rematch you for sure.
                    I think the best place is Route 121, only two trainers but Lv. 45 Pokèmon.

                    I have a question for you.

                    In my Sapphire, the time has frozen, so the clock in my house won't move and also I can't catch Snorunt in that cave on Route 125.

                    Is that the famous Berry Glitch that can be resolved via Colosseum's bonus disk or by connecting with Fire Red/Leaf Green?
                    Is your game telling you that the internal battery has run dry? If so, then this is not the berry glitch, and you need to replace your battery.

                    If your game is not telling you this, then yes, that is the Berry Glitch.
                    __________________
                    In progress

                    Hoenn, 1 Badge
                    My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
                    Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
                      #1289    
                    Old February 27th, 2011 (8:29 AM).
                    Porygon Z's Avatar
                    Porygon Z Porygon Z is offline
                    721 and counting!
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2010
                      Location: Pesaro, Italy (GMT +1)
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 684
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
                      Is your game telling you that the internal battery has run dry? If so, then this is not the berry glitch, and you need to replace your battery.

                      If your game is not telling you this, then yes, that is the Berry Glitch.
                      Yes, my game told me this. How do I replace my battery?
                      __________________
                      3DS Friend Code: 1864-9474-4763 (Matthew)
                      X/Y Safari Zone: Ice-type, Snover/Bergmite/Dewgong

                      Emblems awarded so far



                      Alola Rotomdex completion: 294/301

                      Currently looking for: Politoed, Weavile and Lunala Dex entries.
                        #1290    
                      Old February 27th, 2011 (8:32 AM).
                      Weavile05's Avatar
                      Weavile05 Weavile05 is offline
                      Currently Hacking BW
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Location: North Carolina
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Lax
                        Posts: 1,431
                        Oh I don't know how to replace the battery. I know it involves Soldering though. There'll be some kind of tutorial somewhere online anyway, I'm sure.
                        __________________
                        In progress

                        Hoenn, 1 Badge
                        My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
                        Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
                          #1291    
                        Old February 27th, 2011 (1:27 PM).
                        wirbinspastic's Avatar
                        wirbinspastic wirbinspastic is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2010
                          Location: U.S.
                          Age: 20
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 21
                          What does it mean if a pokemon is broken in competitive play
                          __________________
                            #1292    
                          Old February 27th, 2011 (1:55 PM).
                          Perriechu's Avatar
                          Perriechu Perriechu is offline
                          no more sad songs
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2009
                          Location: England
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 4,109
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by wirbinspastic View Post
                          What does it mean if a pokemon is broken in competitive play
                          It means that it's way to OP'd you also get broken moves.

                          A broken Pokemon is usually banned being put in the Uber tier, or at the very least put into the top end of the OverUsed tier.

                          Broken moves are usually banned, if there not banned their frowned upon by experienced players.
                          __________________
                          twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
                            #1293    
                          Old March 14th, 2011 (9:39 PM).
                          jcsimpson's Avatar
                          jcsimpson jcsimpson is offline
                          Sing into my mouth
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2011
                            Location: Montreal
                            Age: 30
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Serious
                            Posts: 306
                            A quick question about the museum. The curator says he wants paintings...is there any way to find all of them for him ?
                            __________________
                              #1294    
                            Old March 14th, 2011 (10:46 PM).
                            vaporeon7's Avatar
                            vaporeon7 vaporeon7 is offline
                            My life would suck without you
                            • Crystal Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                            Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 5,154
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by jcsimpson View Post
                            A quick question about the museum. The curator says he wants paintings...is there any way to find all of them for him ?
                            You get the painting by participating in Pokemon Contests. If you achieve a very high score in a Master Rank Contest an artist may draw a picture of your Pokemon and hang it up in the museum. If you get one painting for all five contests you get a trainer star.
                            __________________
                              #1295    
                            Old March 19th, 2011 (9:19 AM).
                            Remster Remster is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2009
                              Posts: 2
                              Quick question about Gameshark on VBA on Pokemon Ruby/Saphire/Emerald

                              I like to find the wild version of pokemon from the other version in order to fill the pokedex, but whenever I put a code in for any wild pokemon after #251 and I go into grass the game crashes. Any ideas on how to fix?
                                #1296    
                              Old March 21st, 2011 (6:42 AM).
                              Red1530's Avatar
                              Red1530 Red1530 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2006
                                Location: New York State
                                Age: 26
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 1,626
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by wirbinspastic View Post
                                What does it mean if a pokemon is broken in competitive play
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post


                                It means that it's way to OP'd you also get broken moves.

                                A broken Pokemon is usually banned being put in the Uber tier, or at the very least put into the top end of the OverUsed tier.

                                Broken moves are usually banned, if there not banned their frowned upon by experienced players.
                                You can find information on competitive battling on Smogon.
                                __________________



                                Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
                                HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
                                  #1297    
                                Old March 21st, 2011 (1:21 PM).
                                Sydian's Avatar
                                Sydian Sydian is offline
                                V A N I T Y
                                • Crystal Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Feb 2008
                                Location: Alabama
                                Age: 24
                                Nature: Timid
                                Posts: 32,086
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Remster View Post
                                Quick question about Gameshark on VBA on Pokemon Ruby/Saphire/Emerald

                                I like to find the wild version of pokemon from the other version in order to fill the pokedex, but whenever I put a code in for any wild pokemon after #251 and I go into grass the game crashes. Any ideas on how to fix?
                                You're better off asking in the Emulation forum, since that's more of an emulation problem.
                                __________________
                                ≫ they took a little look at my heart
                                they found a prince living behind bars ≪

                                challenges | klippy
                                  #1298    
                                Old March 22nd, 2011 (10:39 AM).
                                LaureTheLoner's Avatar
                                LaureTheLoner LaureTheLoner is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2011
                                  Location: Indiana
                                  Gender: Female
                                  Nature: Naive
                                  Posts: 420
                                  DUMBEST FIRE RED QUESTIONS EVER!

                                  I apologize for this, but I'm on my iphone and there is no ctrl+f feature so I can't consult a gamefaq, but in Fire Red I wanna go to Saffron and unlike the GB games the guard doesn't seem to notice I have a lemonade in my bag, how do I get in. Also is there an Everstone anywhere in the game?
                                    #1299    
                                  Old March 22nd, 2011 (10:57 AM). Edited March 22nd, 2011 by Perriechu.
                                  Perriechu's Avatar
                                  Perriechu Perriechu is offline
                                  no more sad songs
                                  • Gold Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                                  Location: England
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 4,109
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
                                  DUMBEST FIRE RED QUESTIONS EVER!

                                  I apologize for this, but I'm on my iphone and there is no ctrl+f feature so I can't consult a gamefaq, but in Fire Red I wanna go to Saffron and unlike the GB games the guard doesn't seem to notice I have a lemonade in my bag, how do I get in. Also is there an Everstone anywhere in the game?
                                  In these games you have to go to Celadon and remember the mansion were we all got our Eevee's? :3

                                  The first floor from the main entrance, the old woman with all the Pokemon will give you "Tea" that's the Lemonade/Water/Soda substitute.
                                  __________________
                                  twittertumblr ☂ 1349-6159-4149
                                    #1300    
                                  Old March 22nd, 2011 (3:19 PM).
                                  AyameHikaru's Avatar
                                  AyameHikaru AyameHikaru is offline
                                  Beauty Queen
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2010
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Impish
                                    Posts: 141
                                    ^You're supposed to get a Tea from the old lady. She's in the bottom floor of the building you get Eevee in. I dunno about the everstone...
                                    __________________
                                    ~When Life gives you lemons, make grape juice and let Life wonder how you did it.~
                                    LOOKING FOR A DISGAEA FAN/SPRITER FOR A CROSSOVER GAME!
                                    Current Challenges:
                                    Ultimate Fire Type Challenge: Johto, 10 Badges
                                    Lyrics Challenge: Kanto, 1 Badge
                                    Nuzlocke Challenge: Kanto, 0 Badges
                                    Monochrome Challenge: Hoenn, 5 Badges
                                    Closed Thread
                                    Quick Reply

                                    Sponsored Links
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:36 AM.