Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old December 11th, 2007 (12:12 AM).
travis0198 travis0198 is offline
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Gender:
    Posts: 8
    Hey, i want somebody to help me or show me if they can how to do a storage system like in pokemon. I want to know how can i desposit a pokemon into a storage system with the same stats that i deposited them with and withdraw them with the same stats that i deposited them in. I'm not sure. I'm using rpgmaker2k3, not xp, so yea can anyone help?..if you can thanks. I will pay anyone if they have pay pal if they help me, i just need help, i've been looking but i can't find it. I just want a depostiing system for like the pokemon and everything so yea. Haha. Thanks.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old December 11th, 2007 (1:43 AM).
    DarkWraith's Avatar
    DarkWraith DarkWraith is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2007
      Gender:
      Posts: 22
      Lol you had to choose RM2k3 didnt ya, dnt think any1 has released a working storage system for that, but then again im not certain.

      Why dnt you download the RM2k starter kit and Port everything to 2k3, I know I could do it and it really aint that hard.

      That way you dnt even need to pay anyone do you, the only thing is that you should ask the author of that starter kit first.
      __________________
        #3    
      Old December 11th, 2007 (3:48 PM).
      Flameguru's Avatar
      Flameguru Flameguru is offline
      Pokemon: Metallic Silver
         
        Join Date: Oct 2005
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Rash
        Posts: 517
        Why are people stubborn and go with everything but RMXP? Obviously if you're a noob at game making, etc, you should be using the "noobs game maker", which is RMXP because Poccils Pokemon Essentials is for RMXP. You should not be expecting people to help you on an inferior game maker if you have no skills.

        BOTTOM LINE: If you can't figure it out yourself, it won't happen.
        __________________
        Current Project: Pokemon Engine for Android
          #4    
        Old December 11th, 2007 (6:12 PM). Edited December 11th, 2007 by travis0198.
        travis0198 travis0198 is offline
           
          Join Date: Dec 2007
          Gender:
          Posts: 8
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Flameguru View Post
          Why are people stubborn and go with everything but RMXP? Obviously if you're a noob at game making, etc, you should be using the "noobs game maker", which is RMXP because Poccils Pokemon Essentials is for RMXP. You should not be expecting people to help you on an inferior game maker if you have no skills.

          BOTTOM LINE: If you can't figure it out yourself, it won't happen.

          Dude you need to chill and stop being a pathetic gnome, you can't tell a person that they are unable to do things by attempting to restrict their abilities. A person can make any kind of game with rpgmaker if they try and work hard on it, you can't sit here and attempt to make someone think they can't do it just because you are unable to motivate yourself to accomplish something with your mind. Don't try to make me feel bad for trying to do something that i know i can do, you need to start speaking for yourself and stop trying to put down people that know they can do what people think they can't do. Just chill, monkey.

          Bottom Line: you don't have a bottom line. Now chill, loser.

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Flameguru View Post
          Why are people stubborn and go with everything but RMXP? Obviously if you're a noob at game making, etc, you should be using the "noobs game maker", which is RMXP because Poccils Pokemon Essentials is for RMXP. You should not be expecting people to help you on an inferior game maker if you have no skills.

          BOTTOM LINE: If you can't figure it out yourself, it won't happen.
          And how are you going to say it's a "noob game maker" then say it's better than rpgmaker2k3?.You said that rpgmaker2k3 is a inferior game maker to rpgmakerxp but first you say rpgmakerxp is a "noob game maker"? dude make sense and chill, you uneducated metallic-faced ****.
            #5    
          Old December 11th, 2007 (10:56 PM).
          Glitchfinder's Avatar
          Glitchfinder Glitchfinder is offline
          Let's all get along, please?
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2006
          Location: The Twilight Zone
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Careful
          Posts: 477
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by travis0198 View Post
          Dude you need to chill and stop being a pathetic gnome, you can't tell a person that they are unable to do things by attempting to restrict their abilities. A person can make any kind of game with rpgmaker if they try and work hard on it, you can't sit here and attempt to make someone think they can't do it just because you are unable to motivate yourself to accomplish something with your mind. Don't try to make me feel bad for trying to do something that i know i can do, you need to start speaking for yourself and stop trying to put down people that know they can do what people think they can't do. Just chill, monkey.

          Bottom Line: you don't have a bottom line. Now chill, loser.



          And how are you going to say it's a "noob game maker" then say it's better than rpgmaker2k3?.You said that rpgmaker2k3 is a inferior game maker to rpgmakerxp but first you say rpgmakerxp is a "noob game maker"? dude make sense and chill, you uneducated metallic-faced ****.
          First off, you need to chill, not Flameguru. Flameguru is right in several ways. First off, if you're a game building n00b, then you need RMXP, not RM2K3. Besides, you were insulting Flameguru a lot more than he insulted the thread creator.
          Quote:
          A person can make any kind of game with rpgmaker if they try and work hard on it, you can't sit here and attempt to make someone think they can't do it just because you are unable to motivate yourself to accomplish something with your mind.
          Jealous much? Flameguru actually built most of the base of the Pokemon Essentials RMXP Starter kit, which I think is probably more than you could do. Besides which, Flameguru can do whatever he wants, within reason. And, I belive that this falls within the boundaries of reason. Yes, Flameguru may have a pet peeve for people who are trying to bite off more than they can chew, but you were'nt justified in your response. And, it looks like you need to think before typing, because you are insulting Flameguru, who actually makes sense, while your last paragraph is actually just a jumble of words that seem to sort of make sense. (And in my experience, the most uneducated people are the ones who most easily call others uneducated)
          __________________

          Glitchfinder's Scripts









            #6    
          Old December 12th, 2007 (3:39 AM).
          DarkPegasus's Avatar
          DarkPegasus DarkPegasus is offline
          ~ Stargazer ~
             
            Join Date: Oct 2004
            Location: A little place called Earth!
            Age: 27
            Gender:
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 2,911
            My god! The numbers of self proclaimed moderators on this sub-forum, as I see, are ever high. Many of you don't know it, but I left because of people like "Flameguru" and "Glitchfinder" - game development's "experts". Avatar you seriously need to start looking at these threads.

            Quote:
            Why are people stubborn and go with everything but RMXP? Obviously if you're a noob at game making, etc, you should be using the "noobs game maker", which is RMXP because Poccils Pokemon Essentials is for RMXP. You should not be expecting people to help you on an inferior game maker if you have no skills.

            BOTTOM LINE: If you can't figure it out yourself, it won't happen.
            First of all, RMXP is NOT a n00b's (I am using this word, because you used it, newbie is more correct in this case, also you spelled it wrong, because it's n00b, not noob) game-making program. Why you may ask... It is way more advanced that its previous versions, because it has Ruby - its own programing language, and we both know that you know that. Ok, inferior... How can RM2k3 be inferior to RMXP when it can do everything RMXP can do, you just have to put effort in it, and sometimes use other programs to "hack" it, but the bottom line is: everything you can make in RMXP you can re-create in RM2k3.

            As to your bottom line, I have to agree. If you can't get it for yourself, chances are you won't understand other people's code. Also, like everything else, it is better to take a grasp of it by yourself, trough trial, error and hardship.

            Quote:
            Dude you need to chill and stop being a pathetic gnome, you can't tell a person that they are unable to do things by attempting to restrict their abilities. A person can make any kind of game with rpgmaker if they try and work hard on it, you can't sit here and attempt to make someone think they can't do it just because you are unable to motivate yourself to accomplish something with your mind. Don't try to make me feel bad for trying to do something that i know i can do, you need to start speaking for yourself and stop trying to put down people that know they can do what people think they can't do. Just chill, monkey.

            Bottom Line: you don't have a bottom line. Now chill, loser.
            Quote:
            And how are you going to say it's a "noob game maker" then say it's better than rpgmaker2k3?.You said that rpgmaker2k3 is a inferior game maker to rpgmakerxp but first you say rpgmakerxp is a "noob game maker"? dude make sense and chill, you uneducated metallic-faced ****.
            You are not being very diplomatic about this, are you? There are many unnecessary words in your post. Please consider re-typing your post.

            Quote:
            First off, you need to chill, not Flameguru. Flameguru is right in several ways. First off, if you're a game building n00b, then you need RMXP, not RM2K3. Besides, you were insulting Flameguru a lot more than he insulted the thread creator.
            I beg to differ. Some of my reasons are stated in my response to Flameguru's post. Also, take notice n00b <> newbie, please use the correct one. And if you are a rookie at game-making, you don't have to start with RMXP (I myself started with RM2k3), although it is more user-friendly.
            As to the matter of insulting. Flameguru did start it all, without reason, he could have just been polite. Plus, I would rather be called a monkey, than a n00b, because it insults the intelligence of the person using the word, where "n00b" states opinion.

            Quote:
            Jealous much? Flameguru actually built most of the base of the Pokemon Essentials RMXP Starter kit, which I think is probably more than you could do. Besides which, Flameguru can do whatever he wants, within reason. And, I belive that this falls within the boundaries of reason. Yes, Flameguru may have a pet peeve for people who are trying to bite off more than they can chew, but you were'nt justified in your response. And, it looks like you need to think before typing, because you are insulting Flameguru, who actually makes sense, while your last paragraph is actually just a jumble of words that seem to sort of make sense. (And in my experience, the most uneducated people are the ones who most easily call others uneducated)
            Ok... Jealous much? Other than being grammatically incorrect, it is also logically incorrect. Travis0198 stated that Flameguru lacks motivation, not something to be jealous of, is it now? Flameguru can do whatever he wants!?!? Sadly, this reflects the situation on this sub-forum, as it is largely unmoderated, or at least offenses like Flameguru's are getting away unpunished. Flameguru may dislike anybody he wants, but it is not his job to tell them "You're wrong (or this, or that)". And for closure "...while your last paragraph is actually just a jumble of words that seem to sort of make sense. (And in my experience, the most uneducated people are the ones who most easily call others uneducated)" how funny, yet true. Tell me Glitchfinder what that tells about you?

            [Edit] Reason: Spelled Flameguru's nickname wrong.
            __________________
              #7    
            Old December 12th, 2007 (4:33 AM).
            NytewolfAU2k7's Avatar
            NytewolfAU2k7 NytewolfAU2k7 is offline
            Game Modder & Creator
               
              Join Date: Jul 2006
              Location: Perth, Australia
              Gender:
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 174
              It's the same old tired argument... 'Skript Kiddies' vs 'Guys who wrote the whole thing themselves'
              __________________
              Shinies: 3 (Cubone, Ratatta and Bidoof)
              Creator of NW's Pokémon Program Suite, An Open-Source Offline Pokémon Information tool or "Pokedex". (No longer cancelled! BETA 6 on it's way)
              Administrator of Nytewolf's Game Development Site, A site devoted to showcasing my games.
                #8    
              Old December 12th, 2007 (5:39 AM).
              Avatar's Avatar
              Avatar Avatar is offline
              Savant
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Sep 2003
              Location: Denmark
              Age: 28
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 2,417
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by DarkPegasus View Post
              Avatar you seriously need to start looking at these threads.
              I do look at these threads, but honestly, they happen almost daily now and almost every time the person creating the thread has not tried making the script (or anything else they ask about) first. They just come here and expect someone to do everything for them. This is the reason why they get negative response.
              The reponse will be a whole lot better if you have the incentive yourself to actually create what you need.

              Nobody is going 'unpunished'. If you think someone has been behaving in a way that isn't acceptable you can contact a moderator.
              Every person has a different perception on the tone of posts, with the exception of the most blatant ones.

              It's simply at the point where this type of thread has become so tedious that they're a waste of time to deal with.
              I usually close them before anything comes out of them if I do happen to come across them first, which I don't in many cases due to differing timezones.
                #9    
              Old December 12th, 2007 (7:53 AM).
              The Dash's Avatar
              The Dash The Dash is offline
              Hurr.
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Aug 2005
              Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
              Age: 25
              Nature: Timid
              Posts: 1,858
              Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
              It's simply at the point where this type of thread has become so tedious that they're a waste of time to deal with.
              Tedious isn't an appropriate word here, I want to tear out my hair every time I see one but good job keeping them to a minimum.
              __________________

                #10    
              Old December 12th, 2007 (8:16 AM).
              DarkPegasus's Avatar
              DarkPegasus DarkPegasus is offline
              ~ Stargazer ~
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2004
                Location: A little place called Earth!
                Age: 27
                Gender:
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 2,911
                I agree that they are a nuisance. But what's even worse is that we have certain people to tell us that these threads are a nuisance, to flame new members and tell them to get lost and/or how to do things, where it is more appropriate that we just let these threads die out or get closed.
                __________________
                  #11    
                Old December 12th, 2007 (8:48 AM). Edited December 12th, 2007 by Improfane.
                Improfane Improfane is offline
                hiatus
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2007
                  Posts: 217
                  Glitchfinder, I hope you have some achievements behind your criticism. DarkPegasus, your reasoning is so hurtful you are ignored. I agree with your points, however your argumentative style is disgustingly illogical and troll like.

                  Your mistakes:
                  • There is no official spelling of noob, it's not a real word. It's derogatory variant of 'newbie'. You are wrong.
                  • Your post is excessively wordy and full of waffle it is boring to read. Quit spinning around the point and get to it!
                  • "Please consider re-typing your post." Your advice is relevant here.
                  • For someone so retentive about grammar, you shouldn't be using '!?!?'
                  • According to grammar monster, starting sentences with conjunctions is acceptable but bad if you overuse it. Reading this page would be a good idea.

                  Travis, you are refreshingly reasonable and I commend you for expressing opinions.

                  Quote:
                  It's the same old tired argument... 'Skript Kiddies' vs 'Guys who wrote the whole thing themselves'
                  What a brilliant summarization of this whole ordeal.

                  Flameguru, you do realised that he wasn't stubborn at all he didn't post between yours and DarkWraith's post. Using 'bottom line' at the end of posts is a symptom of being too verbose.

                  The only innocent party in this topic is DarkWraith and Travis (with the small crime of swearing at an abusive regular)
                  __________________
                  Use an unevolved starter... | Recommended Fangames | How to debate properly | Chocolate
                  http://improfane.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/projects/ijp/grass3.PNG);&quot;][/url]

                  Thinking of making a game?
                  Looking for gamers, spriters, mappers for my Pokemon project.

                  Improfane's Favourite Post Awards


                  make a useful post and I put you here!
                  Dawson
                  N/A N/A

                    #12    
                  Old December 12th, 2007 (9:13 AM). Edited December 12th, 2007 by DarkPegasus.
                  DarkPegasus's Avatar
                  DarkPegasus DarkPegasus is offline
                  ~ Stargazer ~
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2004
                    Location: A little place called Earth!
                    Age: 27
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 2,911
                    Quote:
                    There is no official spelling of noob, it's not a real word. It's derogatory variant of 'newbie'. You are wrong.
                    Ok, n00b is a real word, just as all the other slang words (and it's n00b, and not noob, because it's "computer" talk, you can even spell-check the word, if you want), also "n00b" is NOT a variant of "newbie", it is a word derived from "newbie", "n00b" - somebody tick, person that lacks common sense and can not be reasoned with.

                    Quote:
                    Your post is excessively wordy and full of waffle it is boring to read. Quit spinning around the point and get to it!
                    I can write in any manner that I choose.

                    Quote:
                    "Please consider re-typing your post." Your advice is relevant here.
                    I was trying to be friendly and helpful, a concept I see you are unfamiliar with.

                    Quote:
                    For someone so retentive about grammar, you shouldn't be using '!?!?'
                    It was that or "WTF", also I can write however I want.

                    Quote:
                    According to grammar monster, starting sentences with conjunctions is acceptable but bad if you overuse it. Reading this page would be a good idea.
                    Considering:

                    My first language: Serbian, my second language: Hungarian, my THIRD language: English and so on.

                    I am quite well versed in writing, and when I decide that I will become a writer, I might visit that particular site.

                    Ok, now, your grammar, I will enjoy this:

                    Quote:
                    Your post is excessively wordy and full of waffle, it is boring to read.
                    Quote:
                    Flameguru, you do realise that he wasn't stubborn at all and/,because he didn't post between your and DarkWraith's post.
                    Quote:
                    The only innocent party in this topic are DarkWraith and Travis (with the small crime of swearing at an abusive regular)
                    Quote:
                    DarkPegasus, your reasoning is so hurtful that you are ignored
                    __________________
                      #13    
                    Old December 12th, 2007 (9:42 AM).
                    The Dash's Avatar
                    The Dash The Dash is offline
                    Hurr.
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2005
                    Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
                    Age: 25
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 1,858
                    Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
                    So wait.. What? Since when has PC been full of Grammar Nazis?
                    __________________

                      #14    
                    Old December 12th, 2007 (9:53 AM).
                    DarkPegasus's Avatar
                    DarkPegasus DarkPegasus is offline
                    ~ Stargazer ~
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2004
                      Location: A little place called Earth!
                      Age: 27
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 2,911
                      Since he spoke ill of mine ^^ I am not the grammar inspection, but if you are going to trash somebody with words like "n00b" and spell them incorrectly, expect to be trashed back, about it.
                      __________________
                        #15    
                      Old December 12th, 2007 (12:45 PM).
                      Glitchfinder's Avatar
                      Glitchfinder Glitchfinder is offline
                      Let's all get along, please?
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2006
                      Location: The Twilight Zone
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Careful
                      Posts: 477
                      Let me put things simply. This thread is breaking down into a flame war. Yes, Flameguru was unnecessarily cruel in his choice of words, but I was right in pointing out that Flameguru's response didn't hold a candle to the offensiveness of the response after it. Yes, I may have been a little cruel here as well, but what of it? Like flameguru, I dislike people who haven't figured out how to swim before jumping into the deep end, and then begging, or, in this case, offereing to pay, to be rescued. Also, in respect to travis doing nothing, I belive that to be incorrect. Not only did travis inflame and build upon Flameguru's criticism, you are making it worse by saying that he didn't.
                      Quote:

                      And for closure "...while your last paragraph is actually just a jumble of words that seem to sort of make sense. (And in my experience, the most uneducated people are the ones who most easily call others uneducated)" how funny, yet true. Tell me Glitchfinder what that tells about you?
                      It tells you me that I am a relatively observant person. May I also mention that I am still in high school, getting top grades in every class, and that I have scored in the 90th or above percentile in every standardized test I have taken since elementary school. Not only that, but I have been named one of the 2007 National Merit Commended Scholar, which means that I am in the top 5% of all students in the entire USA who took the NMSQT/PSAT in 2007. Now, I am not mentioning this for self-glorification, only because you implied that I was unintelligent. (On the other hand, I do have ADHD, Aspergers, and Oppositional Defiance Disorder)

                      On the topic of the "jealous much" comment, I was fully aware of it being improper grammar. I was also fully aware of the fact that Flameguru is a very accomplished scripter, who actually built the original base for pokemon Essentials.

                      Quote:
                      Glitchfinder, I hope you have some achievements behind your criticism.
                      Well, let's see. First off, I have the demo that you see a couple of pages back that will change a game's window size and resolution to half, which effectively mimics the 16 pixel tilesets of Nintendo. (And this was BEFORE the Pokemon Essentials Starter kit reused the same scripts with minor modifications. Second, I am also one of the most accomplished eventers on this board, with one of major achievements being an entire event-based weather system with randomized wather that changes by region and (in the case of rain and such) will change while inside a building, and go away altogether when underground. Not only did that system control weather, it had day/night built in, as well as a seasonal calendar and differences, weather control, and many other things. And I built it for fun, not to use in a project. (I also built it to see just how slow it would run on my old 512 MB RAM computer. It actually went at the normal pace, which surprised me a little) You can see an early version of that system on one of the older posts in this main board. (It has an acronym as part of the name, and please don't revive my old threads) Finally, I don't belive that I was any more rude than Travis, whom you seem to have put up on a graffitied pedastel.
                      __________________

                      Glitchfinder's Scripts









                        #16    
                      Old December 12th, 2007 (2:24 PM).
                      Flameguru's Avatar
                      Flameguru Flameguru is offline
                      Pokemon: Metallic Silver
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2005
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Rash
                        Posts: 517
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by travis0198 View Post
                        And how are you going to say it's a "noob game maker" then say it's better than rpgmaker2k3?.You said that rpgmaker2k3 is a inferior game maker to rpgmakerxp but first you say rpgmakerxp is a "noob game maker"? dude make sense and chill, you uneducated metallic-faced ****.
                        Last time I checked, newer versions of things were supposed to be innovative and easier to use.

                        If you were in control of Ford, their cars today would be made of FAIL and AIDS. But I'm done now, I will not respond to this topic ever again.
                        __________________
                        Current Project: Pokemon Engine for Android
                          #17    
                        Old December 12th, 2007 (2:58 PM).
                        Avatar's Avatar
                        Avatar Avatar is offline
                        Savant
                        • Silver Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2003
                        Location: Denmark
                        Age: 28
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 2,417
                        Closed because it's starting to get inappropriate.
                        Closed Thread
                        Quick Reply

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:41 AM.