• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    guys i have a big error with Neti's rombase (youtube):
    Spoiler:

can anybody help me with this?
    It must be a bad patch, other people would've reported it before. I just tested it and I can't see anything wrong with it. Its not something with the tileset or the behaviour data. Try patching to the Squirrels dump.

Its because the location of that particular building in the tileset replaces the lake/beach/sea tiles. How did no one else report this? Since its not known how to edit animations yet you should just move the building somewhere else in the tileset. Make sure its not replacing tiles that had animations in the original FR tileset. This does give me a couple of ideas about the animations.

*makes note to check it out later*

Last edited:

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    i help with this map its my first or second unsuccessful map

ive been told its square and plain but im not a mapper and i kinda know what that means but i wanna make it better but i have a hard time of doing that

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
  • i help with this map its my first or second unsuccessful map
    Spoiler:
    ive been told its square and plain but im not a mapper and i kinda know what that means but i wanna make it better but i have a hard time of doing that

the main problem is that your map is all bunched up in the top left, and you've left the bottom right empty, you might want to add some paths? trees, plants etc. you may also want to add some extra buildings? or something like a little garden? (if you understand what i mean by that)

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    i help with this map its my first or second unsuccessful map

Well, try mapping for example, Hoenn maps on FireRed. This way you will start with the basics. Then, look around the Map Rating Thread, and get some ideas from there.

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    Well, try mapping for example, Hoenn maps on FireRed. This way you will start with the basics. Then, look around the Map Rating Thread, and get some ideas from there.

lol that sounds kinda hard

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    lol that sounds kinda hard

It's not hard at all. What he means is take a Hoenn map (i.e. Oldale Town) and re-map it on FireRed. Then, go look at the Map Rating thread to see what people are looking for in a good map.

Also, try to think of it as a real-life place. Would you imagine a mountain as a square?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2009
    go onto scrapbox and have a look at pokemon sinnioh twist its a gold hack but D/P maps need help

Pedonymous

"Myon, my scarf's too long."
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    In my hack, I want to have fantastic and varied terrain. Unfortunately, I've noticed in Leaf Green that there aren't many tilemaps to play with... Should I be basing my hack on a different game?

PS: The reason I'm using LG is that the only English Moemon patch I could find was for LG... Maybe someone could help me port the graphics to another ROM sometime?

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    I am using a nice tile set, But I am having trouble, All the edges of caves don't have the inside corner piece.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • In my hack, I want to have fantastic and varied terrain. Unfortunately, I've noticed in Leaf Green that there aren't many tilemaps to play with... Should I be basing my hack on a different game?

PS: The reason I'm using LG is that the only English Moemon patch I could find was for LG... Maybe someone could help me port the graphics to another ROM sometime?

Uh...you add tiles into the ROM. :P

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Hi, I need some help with
    behavior types for Ruby.

Which behavior number should I use to make
    a tile (like the treetop) passable under, while
    fog still can pass over it without going glitchy.

If I simply use 00 the treetops go on
    top on the fog instead of under it y' know.

I'd be glad if someone could help.

//44tim44

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I have some trouble in FR.

I have an edited map, but when I try to go there, it freezes. There are no screwed up scripts, no people "looking down" or anything. I've tried reinserting it to no avail.

Maybe my ROM is screwed up bad because it works in a different ROM. Oh sheisse.

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • I have some trouble in FR.

I have an edited map, but when I try to go there, it freezes. There are no screwed up scripts, no people "looking down" or anything. I've tried reinserting it to no avail.

Maybe my ROM is screwed up bad because it works in a different ROM. Oh sheisse.

Have you checked the connection manager?
    Sometimes if the maps connections aren't set
    correctly the map might freeze.

It has happened to me sometimes on ruby.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Hi, i dont know if im in the right chat for this but here goes.. In advance map, how can i open tilesets from like pokemon diamond into pokemon fire red? i want the houses from D/P Thanks :)

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hi, i dont know if im in the right chat for this but here goes.. In advance map, how can i open tilesets from like pokemon diamond into pokemon fire red? i want the houses from D/P Thanks :)
    You can't just open them up like that. They need to be altered so they meet FR restrictions. Read some tutorials on how to insert tiles using A-Map. You can find them in the Documents and Tutorials forum.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I've been killing myself with this script a long time, and I can't figure it out. So if I can please request a script or help with a script for Ruby that will resurrect the helix and dome fosill (I have created them in my game, yes) which are registered as: helix-15B and dome-15C (if you know what I mean). I want the scientist that can resurrect lileep and anorith to be able to resurrect omanyte and kabuto as well. I would aprecciate any help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back