• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legacy of Failure

Siliva

Official Fanfic Writer
Years
  • Welcome to the region of Soroto! Our story follows Haruki as he travels the region to gain access to the league. Pretty cliché, right? Well, I added a bit of uniqueness to it. Haruki came from a family of terrible Pokémon Trainers. He left home in order to un-do the damage that his ancestors did years ago. Read on! This is The Legacy of Failure!

Pokémon is not owned by me. Pokémon is © Nintendo, GameFreak. I do not claim to own Pokémon or any Pokémon characters found within the story. Will that do it for copyright?

Author's Notes: Mmkay. Decided to start a fanfiction. Yes, yes, it's an Original Trainer/Journey fic. I decided to start here, because these really work out when there's some originality to them. First posted on SPP.

This story's about young Haruki who goes on a short travel in my personally-created region of Soroto. With a Cyndaquil he can talk to, and another travelling partner, Etsuko, he travels the region in order to fix the legacy of screw-ups that his family has made for generations.

If the prologue's well recieved, I'll continue. If not, I'll just let it die.
    I think I could have done the description a little bit better in this chapter.

Prologue: A Convincing Conversation

The darkness of the night was prevalent in the small town of Bokendo. The sky was void of all clouds, while stars dominated the dark-purple nine o'clock skies. The winds were calm, and the temperature was warm so people and Pokémon alike could enjoy the beautiful weather. This was the region of Soroto.

A young boy, "Haruki" was standing in the over-decorated living room of his home, with his mother, Sakura, a woman in her late thirties, sitting on the large, dark couch of the living room.

"Okay, Mom, I think I deserve to leave." Haruki argued. "I'm fourteen years-old and more than responsible enough to take care of myself." Haruki glared at his mother with his bold, dark brown eyes. Sakura sighed, and closed her eyes for a moment.

"Responsible? How can you call yourself responsible," Sakura chuckled a little bit, "0if you can't even keep your room clean, or even clean your own clothes?" Haruki blushed a little bit.

"Mom, that's not the issue here!" That actually was an issue. Haruki just didn't want to admit it. "You know very well that our family is infamous for having terrible Pokémon trainers!"

Haruki comes from the Rikisho family, a family known all across Soroto for being full of bluntly terrible Pokémon trainers.

Sakura gave out another short sigh and said: "Haruki, listen. What makes you think you're any better of a trainer than your brother, father, or grand-father?" Sakura had made another good point. Haruki doesn't know enough about Pokémon to survive ten minutes out in the region. In fact, he only owns one Pokémon, who he obtained as a gift from his father.

"My Pokémon and I can take just about anything."Haruki said over-confidently. Haruki now had a more serious expression upon his face, and a possible chance at actually getting his mother to let him leave. "We've been through a lot of battles, and have actually won some of those." Haruki added. Sakura stared to have a little bit of hope in her son.

"You had better be prepared for what may be the hardest travel in your life." Sakura replied.

"Don't you worry, Mom," Haruki assured, "All I've got to do is win the 'Elemental League', and I'll be right home."

Explanation. In the Soroto region, there were two Pokémon Leagues. The first being the Elemental League, which only requires four of the region's eight badges. The Elemental League Tournament is a lower-leveled competition, almost like a checkpoint. Once a trainer defeats the Elemental League, he or she can move on to the next League, with a guaranteed spot in the tournament. The remaining four badges are required of anyone who didn't win the Elemental League.

"Haruki, I'm just worried about your safety." Sakura was giving in, but she was still worried about a few other details. "Haruki, what do you plan to do about food? Clothes? What about Pokémon information? You don't know much, considering that you didn't go to Pokémon Trainer's school, and despise reading..." Haruki grinned, and gave his mother a thumbs-up.

"Don't even worry about food. I can win cash by beating other trainers." Haruki assured. "A traveler needs only one outfit. And I've got Etsuko going with me, who told me yesterday that she wanted to come along–if I could go, that is."

Etsuko was Haruki's best friend. The two have been together for four years. Etsuko knows quite a lot about the Pokémon, and how most of them are. Etsuko actually went to Trainer's school.

"Haruki, just promise me that..." Sakura was crying a little bit now. "...just come home if you don't win." Haruki nodded.

"Will do, Mom, will do."

With Haruki's last statement, he walked off to his upstairs room. Sakura's crying slowed a bit. She though to herself as she sat in the bright-lighted living room.

"I just hope Haruki can survive out there..." She thought.

Haruki's room was nearly pitch-black. The only light source was from the personal television tuned to reruns of an educational Pokémon program. Haruki was sitting, legs crossed, on his bed, thinking about the travel. The to-be trainer reached over to his desk to grab a red and while sphere. Haruki gently pushed the middle button, allowing the Pokémon inside to release in a flash of white light that illuminated the area.

"Cynda, I did it." Cynda was the nickname of Haruki's only Pokémon, Cyndaquil. "We're going." The small fire mouse yawned as his trainer talked.

"<That's great and all, Haruki, but what did you do now?>" Cynda questioned. Haruki sighed, disappointed in his Pokémon.

"Well, I've only been trying to go on my Pokémon travel for what? I week or so?" Haruki said. "And now, I finally get to go." Cynda became wide awake now.

"<Travel!?>" Cynda squealed. "<That's awesome! When are we going!?>" Cynda was excited, as she had never been outside Bokendo town, and wanted to see the land more than anything else.

"Hehe, we're going tomorrow." With that last statement, Haruki fell flat on his back and fell asleep. Cynda followed suit and curled up on the other side of the bed.

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Author's Notes: Mmkay. Decided to start a fanfiction. Yes, yes, it's an Original Trainer/Journey fic. I decided to start here, because these really work out when there's some originality to them. First posted on SPP.

This story's about young Haruki who goes on a short travel in my personally-created region of Soroto. With a Cyndaquil he can talk to, and another travelling partner, Etsuko, he travels the region in order to fix the legacy of screw-ups that his family has made for generations.

If the prologue's well recieved, I'll continue. If not, I'll just let it die.
    I think I could have done the description a little bit better in this chapter.

Prologue: A Convincing Conversation

The darkness of the night was prevalent in the small town of Bokendo. The sky was void of all clouds, while stars dominated the dark-purple nine o'clock skies. The winds were calm, and the temperature was warm so people and Pokémon alike could enjoy the beautiful weather. This was the region of Soroto.

A young boy, "Haruki" was standing in the over-decorated living room of his home, with his mother, Sakura, a woman in her late thirties, sitting on the large, dark couch of the living room.

"Okay, Mom, I think I deserve to leave." Haruki argued. "I'm fourteen years-old and more than responsible enough to take care of myself." Haruki glared at his mother with his bold, dark brown eyes. Sakura sighed, and closed her eyes for a moment.

"Responsible? How can you call yourself responsible," Sakura chuckled a little bit, "If you can't even keep your room clean, or even clean your own clothes?" Haruki blushed a little bit.

"Mom, that's not the issue here!" That actually was an issue. Haruki just didn't want to admit it. "You know very well that our family is infamous for having terrible Pokémon trainers!"

Haruki comes from the Rikisho family, a family known all across Soroto for being full of bluntly terrible Pokémon trainers.

Sakura gave out another short sigh and said: "Haruki, listen. What makes you think you're any better of a trainer than your brother, father, or grand-father?" Sakura had made another good point. Haruki doesn't know enough about Pokémon to survive ten minutes out in the region. In fact, he only owns one Pokémon, who he obtained as a gift from his father.

"My Pokémon and I can take just about anything."Haruki said over-confidently. Haruki now had a more serious expression upon his face, and a possible chance at actually getting his mother to let him leave. "We've been through a lot of battles, and have actually won some of those." Haruki added. Sakura stared to have a little bit of hope in her son.

"You had better be prepared for what may be the hardest travel in your life." Sakura replied.

"Don't you worry, Mom," Haruki assured, "All I've got to do is win the 'Elemental League', and I'll be right home."

Explanation. In the Soroto region, there were two Pokémon Leagues. The first being the Elemental League, which only requires four of the region's eight badges. The Elemental League Tournament is a lower-leveled competition, almost like a checkpoint. Once a trainer defeats the Elemental League, he or she can move on to the next League, with a guaranteed spot in the tournament. The remaining four badges are required of anyone who didn't win the Elemental League.

"Haruki, I'm just worried about your safety." Sakura was giving in, but she was still worried about a few other details. "Haruki, what do you plan to do about food? Clothes? What about Pokémon information? You don't know much, considering that you didn't go to Pokémon Trainer's School, and despise reading..." Haruki grinned, and gave his mother a thumbs-up.

"There's no need even worry about food, Mom, I can win cash by beating other trainers." Haruki assured, "A traveler only needs one outfit. And I've got Etsuko going with me, who told me yesterday that she wanted to come along–if I could go, that is."

Etsuko was Haruki's best friend. The two have been together for four years. Etsuko knows quite a lot about the Pokémon, and how most of them are. Etsuko actually went to Trainer's school.

"Haruki, just promise me that..." Sakura was crying a little bit now. "...just come home if you don't win." Haruki nodded.

"Will do, Mom, will do."

With Haruki's last statement, he walked off to his upstairs room. Sakura's crying slowed a bit. She thought to herself as she sat in the bright-lighted living room.

"I just hope Haruki can survive out there..."

Haruki's room was nearly pitch-black. The only light source was from the personal television tuned to reruns of an educational Pokémon program. Haruki was sitting, legs crossed, on his bed, thinking about the travel. The soon-to-be trainer reached over to his desk to grab a red and white sphere. Haruki gently pushed the middle button, allowing the Pokémon inside to release in a flash of white light that illuminated the area.

"Cynda, I did it." Cynda was the nickname of Haruki's only Pokémon, Cyndaquil. "We're going." The small fire mouse yawned as his trainer talked.

"<That's great and all, Haruki, but what did you do now?>" Cynda questioned. Haruki sighed, disappointed in his Pokémon.

"Well, I've only been trying to go on my Pokémon journey for what? I week or so?" Haruki said. "And now, I finally get to go." Cynda became wide awake now.

"<Travel!?>" Cynda squealed. "<That's awesome! When are we going!?>" Cynda was excited, as she had never been outside Bokendo town, and wanted to see the land more than anything else.

"Hehe, we're going tomorrow." With that last statement, Haruki fell flat on his back and fell asleep. Cynda followed suit and curled up on the other side of the bed.

I noticed a few spelling errors, and grammer. Also, some words can be added or changed to make it flow more smoothly.

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just trying to help you fix the minor things to help you become better!

Really, this is a good story so far! if you could just proofread a bit, I'm sure it will be even better!

~Cheers,
    Momoko~

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2012
    I like the name and the story so far =)
    I hope the main character ends up being a huge klutz; thus giving it the name Legacy of a Failure XD

Siliva

Official Fanfic Writer
    Years
  • I like the name and the story so far =)
    I hope the main character ends up being a huge klutz; thus giving it the name Legacy of a Failure XD

Hah, that's not really why it's called "The Legacy of Failure", but that should become clear in a few chapters.

I noticed a few spelling errors, and grammer. Also, some words can be added or changed to make it flow more smoothly.

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just trying to help you fix the minor things to help you become better!

Really, this is a good story so far! if you could just proofread a bit, I'm sure it will be even better!
    I really employ people to be harsh. I'm not really sensetive to that, and I want to improve as much as I can. And I know there's a bit of grammar errors. I suppose I was just excited to get it posted, so I overlooked I few errors.

Siliva

Official Fanfic Writer
    Years
  • Author's Notes: I'd usually first post 'em on SPP first, simply because there would probably be more replies and reviews. But hey, SPP's in one of its many downtimes, so I posted it here first. Lucky PokéCommunity! And thanks to a friend of mine from SPP, who also took a proofread, there are a bit less grammatical errors. With that outta the way, let's begin chapter 1!

Chapter 1: Departure! Arrival of a New Adventure!​

The bright morning sun illuminated the Rikisho home. All the windows were opened, and a crisp, cool breeze circulated the scent of the eggs that Sakura was frying. Haruki, surrounded by a stack of books, was at the kitchen table, reading one of those books. Cynda was rested upon Haruki's head.

"Haruki, I'm surprised to see you reading " Sakura complemented, as she flipped the eggs in the frying pan with her spatula. Haruki glanced at his mother for a quick moment, and returned to his book.

"Ha, I've just been out here for a while, reading...trying to get some Pokémon information." Haruki said cheerfully. Even though Haruki only got about a half hour of sleep, he was still wide awake. "Just trying to catch up on some Pokémon information, so I don't screw up badly in battle." Haruki stated. Cynda scratched her head, a confused expression on her face.

"<Wow, how can he so confident, when he barely got any sleep...?>" Cynda thought.

Haruki continued to study his books. As he studied, someone knocked on the door. He had a good idea of who it was, since he was expecting someone.

"Uh, Haruki? Can you get the door? I'm kind of busy." Sakura requested. Haruki enthusiastically got up, and sprinted to the door, with Cynda still on his head.

The person at the door was just who Haruki had expected. A girl, a little shorter than him. She was dressed in a dark navy-blue shirt, and her long, violet hair went down below her shoulders. She hung a packed messenger bag from her shoulder, to her waist.

"Good morning, Etsuko," Haruki greeted. "So, you decided to come with me, right?" Etsuko nodded a little bit, and walked into the large brick house.
    ------------------------

The two Pokémon trainers sat at the table, still littered with dozens of Pokémon books. Cynda was sitting in the middle of the table now, shaking anxiously.

"Haruki, why do you have all these books out?" Etsuko questioned. Haruki flashed his famous grin.

"Oh, oh I was just reading up on some Pokémon stuff Ya know, supplies, travel costs, battling, those sort of things." Haruki bragged. "Now, I won't be relying on you for the whole time " Haruki grinned again. Etsuko was a little impressed.

"Good idea," Etsuko said.

"Yeah," Haruki agreed. "Are you ready to go?"

"I've got my bag and everything " Etsuko cheered. Sakura looked over her shoulder.

"So, you're finally going on your journey, Haruki." Sakura said, proud of him. "Just remember why you're leaving." Haruki put his hand to his chin in deep thought.

"To show the Soroto region that this family doesn't suck " Haruki said cutely. Etsuko smiled politely, and Cynda put her paws over her head in shame.

Haruki and Etsuko placed themselves away from the table, and got up from their wooden chairs. Cynda hesitantly hopped onto Haruki's head. The pair got up, and walked off to the door.

"Hold it " Sakura yelled from afar. Haruki abruptly stopped his walk mid-step, with one foot about to touch the floor.

"Mom Way to ruin the drama " Haruki complained. Etsuko turned around and smiled, embarrassed. Sakura rushed over to the two trainers.

"Take this with you " Sakura held out a thumb-sized amulet in her palm. "It's a reminder of why you're leaving." Haruki wasn't impressed.

"A clichéd amulet to remind me to tell me that my ancestors were terrible Pokémon Trainers? No thanks, Mom." Haruki stuffed his hands in his pockets as a show of defiance.

"Haruki, just take the darn amulet." Sakura sighed, and kept her hand out. "Good luck out there." Haruki reached for the amulet, and slowly picked it from his mother's hand. He stared at the dark-red tint on it, and hung it around his neck.

"I'll keep it with me, okay?" Haruki sighed. Haruki flashed his trademark thumbs-up, and left his house, along with Etsuko and Cynda . Sakura stood at the open door, waving goodbye until the trio was no longer visible.
    -----------------------

The afternoon skies, mixed with mid-September weather, made traveling easier and more enjoyable. There were flowers all across the edge where the grass ended and the dirt road began. The trees dressed in brown, orange, and red leaves made the traveling scenery much more beautiful. Haruki was walking upright, excited, and Etsuko had her head buried in a map of Soroto. Cynda was shivering with fear upon Haruki's head.

"<I-I don't trust this scenery. Something's going to happen, I know it...>" Cynda thought.

"I hope this scenery keeps up for a while, I'm starting to like it " Haruki laughed.

"Yeah, it's kinda nice." Etsuko replied. Haruki kept up his "on-top-of-the-world" attitude as he continued to chat to Etsuko.

"Hey, do you have any idea where we're going?" Haruki innocently asked. Cynda once again put her paws over her head in shame.

"<He doesn't even know where we're going? What a guy, that Haruki.>" Cynda thought, sarcastically. Etsuko lowered her map in order to reply to Haruki.

"You mean...you don't know?" Etsuko questioned.

"Not a clue " Haruki announced, as if it was something to be proud about. Etsuko was a bit ashamed of Haruki.

"So, you've been just going along, walking around, without of any idea of a direction?"

"Yeah, that seems about right I was kinda just following you " Haruki admitted. Etsuko sighed.

"You're very lucky you've got me..."

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE " A voice proclaimed from out of nowhere. "You're not going anywhere "

Haruki and Etsuko stopped dead in their tracks, as a short figure jumped down from a nearby tree.

"Eh, it's just some kid." Haruki commented. "We shouldn't have been so shocked." The petite girl was enraged by Haruki's comment, and grabbed a Pokéball out from her pocket, and clenched it in her fist.

"Now, someone's gonna battle me! Whether ya like it or not!"
    --------------------------------

More Author's Notes: really, really liked this chapter. I think I improved a bunch while writing this one. And this one's A LOT different from the one in my notebook. For example, originally, Etsuko was going to be the at town's Pokémon Center. I couldn't really describe that scene well, so I scrapped it. Also, Cynda was originally going to immediately jump off Haruki's head and get prepared for battle. Scrapped because it was OOC. And the little girl at the end was originally a boy. Sex change! I did it because I could work with a little bit more jokes that you'll see in chapter 2.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • it's lacking something... but I don't know what? o.O D=

Well, I didn't notice bad spelling this time, so that's good!

Also, maybe you can add some more description?

Siliva

Official Fanfic Writer
    Years
  • Author's Notes: Jeez, I'm like, 3 weeks since I posted the last chapter. Sorry about that! Hopefully, I can get on a once-per-two weeks-schedule. Maybe then this fic might get some popularity, if it deserves it.
    For anyone would ask, I am using Japanese-like names throughout the fanfic. Originally, I just used it only for my first two characters--Haruki and Etsuko. I sorta just wanted to keep a pattern. Why am I using the English Pokémon names then? Eh, it's not that important, I suppose. Anyway, on with Chapter 2!

Chapter 2: Child's Play? Haruki and Cynda's Toughest Battle Yet! Part I

The sky above was covered with the bright blue sky of the afternoon. The area was padded with short, dark-green grass. Several trees could be seen off into the horizon. There was a dirt path for travelers, and a nearby sign that read "Welcome to route S.1."

Haruki and Etsuko stood in the path, glancing at their energetic challenger.

"Okay, you can't be serious..." Haruki commented. "You, a simple little girl, want to battle us. I just can't believe it." The "mysterious" young trainer was enraged by Haruki's insulting comment. Cynda, still rested on Haruki's head, and shivered a little bit.

"<Battle? I really, really hope Haruki declines. Good, it looks like he's going to...>" Cynda thought.

"Well, you'd better believe it," She . "My name's Ami And I need to win a Pokémon battle to pass my exam. So, which one of you is it going to be?"

"Exams?" Haruki asked.

"Yep," Ami explained. "I attend a Pokémon school in a town close to here. We all need to beat a random passer-by to graduate." Haruki glared at Ami in disbelief.

"What kind of school forces their students to attack simple travelers...?" Haruki remarked. "A battle is a battle." Cynda's head perked up in fear with her trainer's comment.

Etsuko tapped Haruki's shoulder to get his attention, and brought her mouth to his ear.

"Haruki, I think it would be a good idea if you battled her," Etsuko whispered. "since you and Cynda need the experience more than I do, right?" Haruki turned to his friend, and nodded.

"Okay, Ami, I'll battle ya!" Haruki agreed. Cynda shivered again, and struck Haruki's head with her paw.

"<Haruki, what do you think you're doing?>" Cynda protested. "<You know I dislike battling...don't you remember what happened last time we battled?>" Haruki glanced up to Cynda, and smiled.

"Of course I remember. Believe me, I'm doing this for your own good," Haruki reasoned. "C'mon, battle for me, and I promise to buy you a great feast at the restaurant in the next town." Cynda pouted at her trainer, and turned her head away.

"<I won't do it.>" Cynda affirmed.

"C'mon, Cynda." Haruki sighed. "This is a little girl we're battling. It's a guaranteed win." He added. "Don't forget the promise we made." Cynda stared above and remembered what he was referring to...

"<Right, the promise.>" Cynda remembered. "<I guess I'll try my hardest, then.>"
    -------------------------------------------------------

Ami and Haruki were a bit farther away from each other now, in order to give their Pokémon some space. Etsuko, who would referee the match, leaned upon a nearby tree bark to get an even view of the battle. The wind that was previously calm had now accelerated. Darker clouds could be seen in the distance.

"Ready, Haruki?" Ami yelled.

"Bring it, small fry!" Haruki replied. Etsuko searched through her bag for something. She pulled out a notebook and a pen and began taking notes.

"Okay, this'll be a one-on-one battle. No time limit, battle ends when I deem a Pokémon unable to battle," She announced as she continued to write notes and had her eyes focused on the notebook.

Ami grinned at her gripped Pokéball in confidence. The young girl tossed the red-and-white orb to the ground. The Pokéball's top latch opened, and a surge of light forced out a bright, white figure. A small, brown bird materialized from the light.

"This one's my partner, Starly!" Ami revealed. Haruki snickered at his opponent.

"Score! Starly is the weakest Pokémon in Soroto!" He thought. Haruki grinned at Cynda, who still rested on Haruki's head. "Okay, Cynda, time to battle. Go for it." Haruki said. He put his hands to Cynda's sides, gently bringing her down, and placed her at his feet. She paced forward to have a small distance between herself and Haruki. Etsuko looked up from her notebook and peered to the two trainers.

"You may begin!" She called out.

"If you don't mind, I'll be going first!" Ami exclaimed. "Starly Quick Attack " Starly flapped his wings in order to gain height. The young starling flew with incredible speed towards Cynda. Cynda shook a bit. Startled by the Staryly's movements, large, reddish-orange flames burst from her back to defend herself. Haruki thought quickly.

"Cynda, don't be afraid!" Haruki assured. "Use Ember to slow down Starly!" The small fiery Pokémon opened her mouth wide. Numerous small bursts of fire were thrust towards the Starly. The tiny bird slowed down considerably after each strike, until Starly stopped to land.

"Hah, perfect, Cynda!" Haruki applauded. "Now, try and follow up with Flame Wheel!" Cynda nodded. She hopped into the air, and shot enough fire to consume herself within the flame, as she landed. The Cyndaquil continued to spin on the ground, and readied herself for attack. "Go get 'em!" Haruki pushed. Cynda pushed herself towards the downed Starly for a big hit.

"Starly's stronger than you think!" Ami informed. "Starly, get back in the air!" She commanded. Starly immediately opened his eyes back up and flew back into the sky as Cynda rolled past in an attempt to land a hit. "We're better than that!" Ami announced.

"Now, I need to think of a good way to retaliate..."Ami analyzed. "This match would have been over if Flame Wheel had hit. I can't risk taking another hit." Ami snapped her fingers in success. "Starly!" Ami commanded. "Hide yourself with Double Team!" Starly then created two complete shadows of itself, both which created two more, and another two more, until there was a circle of eleven Starlies all glaring at Cynda. The fire mouse trembled a bit and stepped backwards. Haruki stood still, not affected by the copies.

"Cynda! Only one Starly is the real one!" Haruki reassured.

Etsuko stopped her writing to peek at the battle. She yelled over to Haruki to get his attention.

"Uh, Haruki," Etsuko said, "All those Starly copies can and will hurt Cynda. They're all physical copies." She explained.

"What? Really?" Haruki worried. "Oh crap, that can't be true!" Etsuko nodded. Haruki pounded his fist into his palm in anger. "Cynda! Try to hit 'em all with Ember!" Cynda blasted her small flames at all the Starlies. The Starlies slowly disappeared as they were struck. After the attack, all the Starlies had disappeared.

"<Where did the real one go ?>" Cynda worried. Haruki glanced behind him to see. Starly was coming in quickly, aimed directly at Haruki's Pokémon.

"Cynda! He's coming from behind us!" Haruki warned. "Quickly Use Smokescreen to hide!" Haruki advised. Cynda hurriedly coughed out black smoke to hide herself within the area. Starly stopped his attack, as to not enter the smoke.

Etsuko now had her attention completely focused on the battle. Her dark-blue eyes gleamed with amazement with Haruki's battling skill.

"I can't believe it." She thought. "Cynda is a much better battler despite her fears. She's forgotten all about whatever kept her from doing her best. And Haruki seems to know and work upon that. How did this happen?"

Author's Notes: Did I do the battle right? I'm not sure whether it should be nice and desrcipt or quick?
    Man, this was a long chapter in comparison to the other ones. It would have been longer, but that's why it's 2 parts. I ended this one at a great spot, no?
    Don't worry, there probably won't be another long break like before. Chapter 3 still needs to be edited, but I know what I want to do. And Chapter 4 is actually already written in my notebook. So, that's awesome!
    What's going to happen next? Find out soon on "The Legacy of Failure" in a couple weeks!

Back