• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Clan - Organization Thread v.3

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years

The Clan – Organization Thread v.3

Introduction to The Clan

The Clan is a group of competitive and friendly pokemon players. We strive to improve and be the best just like any other clan. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place for Clan members to seek within-clan battles, discuss upcoming or current Clan events, for others to seek membership or challenge the clan as a whole, and to provide a resource for members.

While we are perfectly willing to aid new players and battle them, our aim is to be a group of talented and experienced players, and that is primarily what we will look for in new members.

New Members
    Welcome Loto to the clan.

Current News
    2/23 - I am now available for contact via AIM by the name 'celestial 0kami'. Don't abuse it or you will lose it!

Current Clan Events
    Title - None.
    Event Coordinators: None.
    Details: None.
    Prizes: None.
    Link: None.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How to Join

This is not an organization for new players, and not for those who cannot behave themselves.

In order to join, you need to show that you have skill in pokemon battling and can act maturely. Contact one of the Clan Leaders in the list below and ask to be admitted. You will then battle under conditions set by that person. If your battle sufficiently proves your skill or if you have previously demonstrated your skill to the tester in other battles, then you will be admitted. Admittance is not necessarily determined by your victory.

If you have any questions on what kinds of things you can do to show your skill, talk to any clan member, but especially talk to Recruiters or the Leader. If the person who is testing you does not give any battle conditions, assume the following clauses are in effect: Sleep, Evasion, Uber, OHKO, and Species (details on clauses below).

Contact list - celestial_okami, Loto, Name, Pkmn Breeder Jack, SharinganFlames
    Please only contact these people if you have questions. If you are looking for a test battle please just post in this thread.

Clan positions

If you are interested in taking up one of the following positions, please contact the Leader or a Recruiter.

The Leader decides the rules and approves clan decisions.
    Recruiters may add members to the clan and assist in its management.
    Event coordinators have the responsibility of running clan events.

Providers supply items, pokemon, or services for clan distribution or events.
    Graphics directors create and submit graphics for clan members, events, and the front page.

Clan Rules Page

We in the Clan have a reputation to uphold as civilized, reputable, and dedicated pokemon battlers. As such, we ask that you abide by these rules when representing the clan in this forum and in other circumstances, (except when they would conflict in which case we ask you to abide by the rules of the forum or other location you are representing the clan in). Failure to abide by the rules can get you warned or kicked from the clan.

1. Declare your membership in your signature.
    2. Be respectful of other clan members, other clans, and non-clan members.
    3. No deceit.
    4. If you use a piece or hardware or software to create or modify pokemon (a method commonly known as 'hacking'), you will not use said pokemon unless your opponent gives informed consent to their use.

5. Remain active in the Clan - (See spoiler)
    Spoiler:

6. Show proper battle etiquette. - (See spoiler)
    Spoiler:

Clan Benefits
    Being in the clan provides you certain benefits.

1. Ability to participate in clan-only events.
    2. A handy place to post when you want to battle people from this clan.
    3. Access to advice on team building or tweaking from other skilled battlers.
    4. Access to free items, pokemon, and breeding and EV training services.
    5. Increase in social status and self-esteem from being part of an ingroup. =P

Please contact the following people in regards to free services:
    I = Items, P = Pokemon, B = Breeding, T = Training.

Spoiler:

Distribution of free items, pokemon, and breeding and training services is not unlimited. It takes these people time to do these for you, and they are not obligated to respond to any request given to them 'lest they be swamped with such requests. Each person may have their own system or conditions and may ask you to fulfill their requests before they fulfill yours.

Pokemon Resources

Clauses
    Wi-Fi battles often involve player-enforced clauses which seek to balance the game to be more fair. Here they are for your reference.
    Spoiler:

All clan battles use the following clauses by default - Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Species, and Uber.

Simple Tier Explanation
    Spoiler:

Smogon's tier list is probably the most reliable at this point given the community dedicated to the metagame there, but feel free to discuss with your battle partner if you believe a pokemon should be allowed in your battle which a tier list would exclude.

Other Pokemon Sites and Tools

Here are some resources for the aspiring pokmon master. Please note that neither Pokemon Community forum staff nor myself can vouch for the accuracy or content of material presented on these other sites. This is the internet of course, but just thought I would give you a reminder.

Also, I have developed a damage calculator spreadsheet in Excel that could prove useful, and I have included many comments so that you can understand what each entry is for.

Spoiler:

Clan Members
    Head Leader - celestial_okami
    Recuiters - Loto, Name, Pkmn Breeder Jack, SharinganFlames
    Regular members - Alakazam17, DarkSpace, Ichaste Pekoni, Kuro, Lady Nicole, Lost Heart, Lumine, Mike Ukiuki, Shinypoke666, silver%, TheSharinganWar, Umanouski, Xairmo.
    Missing / Inactive Members - _Prince_, Auraoa, c_dog, Forced, Kittyipawd (formerly TDB_leader), Ooka, Sabaku no Gaara, Shiraishi, sims796, Tortured_Soul, Warheart.

Banners
    Here are some banners made by clan members to put in your signature
    (just add IMG tags around the code)

Code:
    #1 - https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/Ooka_100/theclan2.png
    #2 - https://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5146/clanban2tu8.gif
    #3 - https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/Ooka_100/the-clan-1.png
    #4 - https://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6060/clanban3xi6.gif
    #2, 3 - Artwork by Zaikudo
    #4 - Adapted from sir2ch rakugaki board.

-Credit for front page design goes to Ooka-

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Nice job on the thread c_o :D

Oh, and I'll be pming you about a Clan event Idea.

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    Nice job on the thread c_o :D

Oh, and I'll be pming you about a Clan event Idea.

Hey, I think credit should be given where credit is due. Its your design so really I should be thanking you.

Dinnertime ATM, will be thinking about tournament details and post when I get back.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    Looks very nice. ^^ This is really cool. Hahahah!

Yes a mini-tournament would be nice. I could start to coordination right away if I'm allowed to be even coordinator.

I'd make a thread titled: "The "Clan" Tournament"

Time to unsubscribe from v.2. ^^

~desu Saba~

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    *looks at this funky new thread, and wonders why I used the word 'funky' two times in one sentence.*

I haven't been posting once a week, mainly because the thread didn't see much activity in the past while. Hoping that'll change, so here I am. As for mentioning it in my signature, I don't need the banner, eh? I am kind of up to the limit on sig-text, XD. Though I will add this thread to my entourage of linkages. XD

And I second the tournament idea. It would be nice to be in a tournament with competent members who actually show up once in awhile. ^^

~Zam

.Aero

Years
    Okami, you can put me as an I in the services. I can provide anyone with any TM currently. (Finished re-cloning the Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Dragon Pulse already.)

~desu Saba~

.Aero

Years
    Mhm, I've gotten pretty good at cloning, although I used to suck really bad.

So is this tournament going to happen? (I CALL COORDINATOR!)

~desu Saba~

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    You can put me down as well. For now just put me down for Jolly Mankeys. (resource)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Seeing as I made a point of getting one of every species, I can pretty much breed for any Pokemon one wants, including most Egg Moves. In addition, I have a collection of 25 uniquely natured Ditto, and a good supply of Everstones. XD

So in other words, you can put me on the list for Pokemon. ^_^

.Aero

Years
    In the case of being able to provide Sassy Bronzors, I guess you could put me down as (IP) xD (Bathroom humor? From a 14 year old!?)

~desu Saba~

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    It is very hard, XD. I did it in Ruby, and got sick of it. So I have like 10 Cheri Berries in Diamond now, as I never wanted to try again.

Luckily I got a Salac Berry on the GTS. =D

Back