Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old February 9th, 2008 (1:44 PM).
+Sneasel™'s Avatar
+Sneasel™ +Sneasel™ is offline
It's a meeee, itman!
     
    Join Date: May 2007
    Location: None of your business!
    Age: 23
    Gender:
    Nature: Lonely
    Posts: 1,037
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
    i downloaded this, great hack, and i found a shiny rattata lol.

    but there are a few things i don't like about this hack as well...........like, e.g. when ur in the forest, it's just way too big, since u won't be able to get repel at the start of the game, it's annoying that u keep walking around and keep encountering pokemon, while also hitting a few dead ends or wrong turns and it's just a big waste of time and really annoys me in that place......

    another thing is how u have several trainers there as well, which makes it even more annoying because the pokemon centre is far away and u end up going back there at least once or twice and when u come back to the forest, u have to go through all that annoying encounters and all that crap again...........it's just very annoying.

    And maybe it's just me, but i find Growlithe lvl up slow, my murkrow gained the same amount of exp but lvled up way faster.........which is also one of the problem, for me at least, that the trainers are a bit too strong. Maybe it's cuz i didn't do as much training in this game but i really hate exp grinding against wild pokemon, fighting normal trainers is much easier but u can't even have an easy fight against them at the start, which makes it hard to train............maybe u wanna adjust that? And i really think sticking to having 3 starters is probably better, even if u like fire type pokemon in ur hack as the starter, at least let ppl have 3 choices, not just one..........

    oh and one thing i REALLY REALLY HATE about is how u changed the character's hair style, it just.......looks weird and doesn't suit it......well that's just IMO.

    Lastly, most hacks i've seen and played are almost the same, as in:

    1. changing storylines
    2. changing maps
    3. add new events etc

    but they're not really that different afterall, some are really fun to play like DJG's Ruby Destiny, while some are also quite fun like Shiny Gold but u pretty much know what to do already so it's pretty much a re-make, but i like hacks that are totally different, as in a lot more custom maps and other custom stuff, which is probably y i like Ruby Destiny better than most other hacks cuz it has more custom maps and stuff changed than others, except a few towns that are still based on the normal RUBY Version but otherwise it's great fun........

    anyway my point is, most hacks seemed the same, sure they are "CUSTOM" hacks but there're just a few things changed, that's all, u pretty much expect those points i mentioned above or maybe a few others, but i've never seen anything that actually makes it TOTALLY different or totally fun, so maybe here's a good suggestion for u:

    1. Try to change the bike to something else, like how Pkmn Quartz had skateboard
    2. Try to change surf into a surfboard or something, so u don't actually ride on pkmn

    and a few others i forgot and can't think of rite now, but ya just have totally different storyline and a lot more custom stuff will really make this hack look awesome...........and maybe have a better translated english too lol. Anyways most other hacks are already finished or already far into the finishing stages, while some others still haven't even released a beta yet, so that's y i'm giving u these suggestions and i hope u can implement into ur hack and make it really awesome in the future, keep up the good work!
    The one starter is good, as that's the way the hack is. I didn't have too much of a problem, just bring potions/catch other pokemon.

    Remember, its just a beta, he can get into extra things later (like the surf thing, if he wants to)
    __________________
    Intentions that were pure have turned obscure,
    Seconds into hours, minutes into years.
    Don't ask me why,
    PLEASE DON'T CRY!
    I can't tell you lies...

    Don't click this!

    PPH - A great hacking forum
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #52    
    Old February 9th, 2008 (2:36 PM).
    Xiros's Avatar
    Xiros Xiros is offline
    -Pokémon Omega Creator-
       
      Join Date: Dec 2006
      Location: Uruguay
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 139
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
      i downloaded this, great hack, and i found a shiny rattata lol.

      but there are a few things i don't like about this hack as well...........like, e.g. when ur in the forest, it's just way too big, since u won't be able to get repel at the start of the game, it's annoying that u keep walking around and keep encountering pokemon, while also hitting a few dead ends or wrong turns and it's just a big waste of time and really annoys me in that place......

      another thing is how u have several trainers there as well, which makes it even more annoying because the pokemon centre is far away and u end up going back there at least once or twice and when u come back to the forest, u have to go through all that annoying encounters and all that crap again...........it's just very annoying.

      And maybe it's just me, but i find Growlithe lvl up slow, my murkrow gained the same amount of exp but lvled up way faster.........which is also one of the problem, for me at least, that the trainers are a bit too strong. Maybe it's cuz i didn't do as much training in this game but i really hate exp grinding against wild pokemon, fighting normal trainers is much easier but u can't even have an easy fight against them at the start, which makes it hard to train............maybe u wanna adjust that? And i really think sticking to having 3 starters is probably better, even if u like fire type pokemon in ur hack as the starter, at least let ppl have 3 choices, not just one..........

      oh and one thing i REALLY REALLY HATE about is how u changed the character's hair style, it just.......looks weird and doesn't suit it......well that's just IMO.

      Lastly, most hacks i've seen and played are almost the same, as in:

      1. changing storylines
      2. changing maps
      3. add new events etc

      but they're not really that different afterall, some are really fun to play like DJG's Ruby Destiny, while some are also quite fun like Shiny Gold but u pretty much know what to do already so it's pretty much a re-make, but i like hacks that are totally different, as in a lot more custom maps and other custom stuff, which is probably y i like Ruby Destiny better than most other hacks cuz it has more custom maps and stuff changed than others, except a few towns that are still based on the normal RUBY Version but otherwise it's great fun........

      anyway my point is, most hacks seemed the same, sure they are "CUSTOM" hacks but there're just a few things changed, that's all, u pretty much expect those points i mentioned above or maybe a few others, but i've never seen anything that actually makes it TOTALLY different or totally fun, so maybe here's a good suggestion for u:

      1. Try to change the bike to something else, like how Pkmn Quartz had skateboard
      2. Try to change surf into a surfboard or something, so u don't actually ride on pkmn

      and a few others i forgot and can't think of rite now, but ya just have totally different storyline and a lot more custom stuff will really make this hack look awesome...........and maybe have a better translated english too lol. Anyways most other hacks are already finished or already far into the finishing stages, while some others still haven't even released a beta yet, so that's y i'm giving u these suggestions and i hope u can implement into ur hack and make it really awesome in the future, keep up the good work!
      Well, remember, its just a beta, and its just in the beginning, i have lots of ideas but i didn´t add them on beta 1...
      About the 1 pokémon, it will stay like that, if u are a boy the starter is a growlithe and if u are a girl the starter is vulpix, and it won´t change.
      Growlithe on beta 1 has lower states than it should, but its only because since it was a beta 1 and it wasn´t long i wanted it to be a bit difficult.

      The new things will appear later, don´t be so hasty, i have almost the whole hack planned and it has new things, i hate the bike so i will change it... And more new things.
      Just wait to beta 2....
      Reply With Quote
        #53    
      Old February 9th, 2008 (5:29 PM).
      cloudstrife's Avatar
      cloudstrife cloudstrife is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2007
        Gender:
        Posts: 48
        great game!
        i liked the shiny battle and the fact that you see Mew in the beginning of the game
        will you be able to catch Mew in the later betas?
        I also liked the idea of two professors
        good luck on pokemon omega!
        Reply With Quote
          #54    
        Old February 10th, 2008 (7:17 AM).
        Xiros's Avatar
        Xiros Xiros is offline
        -Pokémon Omega Creator-
           
          Join Date: Dec 2006
          Location: Uruguay
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 139
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by cloudstrife View Post
          great game!
          i liked the shiny battle and the fact that you see Mew in the beginning of the game
          will you be able to catch Mew in the later betas?
          I also liked the idea of two professors
          good luck on pokemon omega!
          Hehe yeah mew will be able to catch, but yet i don´t know when...
          Reply With Quote
            #55    
          Old February 10th, 2008 (8:33 AM).
          Mitchman Mitchman is offline
          Banned
             
            Join Date: Dec 2007
            Location: Southern Europe
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Hasty
            Posts: 7,480
            Is murcrow catcchable i throw a pokemon ball at him and he broke out with one shake and burned
            Reply With Quote
              #56    
            Old February 10th, 2008 (8:45 AM).
            Twinx's Avatar
            Twinx Twinx is offline
            s o m e t h i n g M O R E
               
              Join Date: Nov 2006
              Location: m i l e s A W A Y
              Age: 27
              Gender:
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 1,802
              Ya, I also noticed that Xiros gave Murcrow has a low catch rate, it drove me crazy XD
              Considering that it's shiny, I agree that it should have a low catch rate, but it's gonna be really hard to catch it with a normal pokeball..
              I wasn't planning on raising it anyway, so I just killed it hehe.
              __________________
              coming back looking delicious

              :: my deviantArt ::
              Reply With Quote
                #57    
              Old February 10th, 2008 (9:29 AM).
              Karonte's Avatar
              Karonte Karonte is offline
              YAY PLATINUM IS HERE^^
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2007
                Location: Malta
                Age: 24
                Gender:
                Nature: Naughty
                Posts: 175
                Cool Hack! I just caught murkrow!

                o_o OMG i just found a wild shiny pidgey!
                __________________
                Platinum:
                Eving and training to 100 every Pokemon Line

                Currently:Garchomp

                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorer's of time: Team: Da Waffles
                Leader:Anthony *Piplup*

                *Not ready for rescues *
                Reply With Quote
                  #58    
                Old February 10th, 2008 (9:33 AM).
                +Sneasel™'s Avatar
                +Sneasel™ +Sneasel™ is offline
                It's a meeee, itman!
                   
                  Join Date: May 2007
                  Location: None of your business!
                  Age: 23
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 1,037
                  i killed it, lol! It used up all my pokeballs!
                  __________________
                  Intentions that were pure have turned obscure,
                  Seconds into hours, minutes into years.
                  Don't ask me why,
                  PLEASE DON'T CRY!
                  I can't tell you lies...

                  Don't click this!

                  PPH - A great hacking forum
                  Reply With Quote
                    #59    
                  Old February 10th, 2008 (11:02 AM).
                  Xiros's Avatar
                  Xiros Xiros is offline
                  -Pokémon Omega Creator-
                     
                    Join Date: Dec 2006
                    Location: Uruguay
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 139
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
                    Is murcrow catcchable i throw a pokemon ball at him and he broke out with one shake and burned
                    Yeah its catchable but it has a very low catch rate, so its difficult to catch it.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by DarkChild View Post
                    Ya, I also noticed that Xiros gave Murcrow has a low catch rate, it drove me crazy XD
                    Considering that it's shiny, I agree that it should have a low catch rate, but it's gonna be really hard to catch it with a normal pokeball..
                    I wasn't planning on raising it anyway, so I just killed it hehe.
                    Yeah its difficult to catch, for next beta the catch rate will be higher, but it will still be a bit difficult haha
                    Reply With Quote
                      #60    
                    Old February 10th, 2008 (1:50 PM).
                    Tenzou Tenzou is offline
                    ~Ten...
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2008
                      Gender:
                      Posts: 34
                      Speechless. What you did ... What you made... Awesome Xiros! :D Wonderful storyline, ( I liked the diary a lot, by the way) New graphics and palettes, etc. (and as usual your original and great scripts ). So far I have no questions and I think Pokemon Omega is brilliant and is a hack you must try.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #61    
                      Old February 10th, 2008 (4:02 PM).
                      ~Areku-San's Avatar
                      ~Areku-San ~Areku-San is offline
                      Pokemon Darkblue Author
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2006
                        Location: Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
                        Age: 9
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 240
                        Yep, thanks to Xiros I can make Wildbattles Shinyz ñ_ñ.
                        I hope to see pics.
                        Well, the translation are good. In Spanish.
                        In English i dont know...
                        Anyways, Good Luck frend!
                        __________________





                        Thanks for your supporting!
                        Reply With Quote
                          #62    
                        Old February 11th, 2008 (6:14 AM).
                        Xiros's Avatar
                        Xiros Xiros is offline
                        -Pokémon Omega Creator-
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2006
                          Location: Uruguay
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 139
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Tenzou View Post
                          Speechless. What you did ... What you made... Awesome Xiros! :D Wonderful storyline, ( I liked the diary a lot, by the way) New graphics and palettes, etc. (and as usual your original and great scripts ). So far I have no questions and I think Pokemon Omega is brilliant and is a hack you must try.
                          Hehe thanks for your comment! x)

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Lex_14 View Post
                          Yep, thanks to Xiros I can make Wildbattles Shinyz ñ_ñ.
                          I hope to see pics.
                          Well, the translation are good. In Spanish.
                          In English i dont know...
                          Anyways, Good Luck frend!
                          Haha thanks for posting lex, i will bring some new screens soon.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #63    
                          Old February 11th, 2008 (9:21 AM).
                          Tenzou Tenzou is offline
                          ~Ten...
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2008
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 34
                            What really pisses me off is that growlithe's exp has been lowered. ¬¬. It's hard, but I like a good challenge! Either ways, way to go man. There's some traduction glitches but nevermind them, nut keep in mind for the next beta to correct some of them. For example, when you pick up some stuff, or in the map. Good luck and i'm looking forward for your next beta.
                            __________________



                            Reply With Quote
                              #64    
                            Old February 11th, 2008 (12:01 PM).
                            Xiros's Avatar
                            Xiros Xiros is offline
                            -Pokémon Omega Creator-
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2006
                              Location: Uruguay
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 139
                              Thanks to zunex there are two more support bars!

                              In the first post i have added the code so u can add them to the signature easily.




                              I´m very busy right now and i won´t be able to post screens for some days...
                              As soon as i can i will bring new screens.
                              __________________





                              Reply With Quote
                                #65    
                              Old February 11th, 2008 (5:23 PM).
                              Erick's Avatar
                              Erick Erick is offline
                              It's been a long time!
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2006
                                Location: Seoul
                                Age: 23
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 737
                                Hi Xiros.

                                I only can say that the Beta is awesome!

                                REally! All!

                                The palletes, the graphics, the shiny script!

                                Seriously, continue this hack!

                                I support you!

                                See you-!
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #66    
                                Old February 11th, 2008 (6:29 PM).
                                Vegeta™'s Avatar
                                Vegeta™ Vegeta™ is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2007
                                  Location: London, UK
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 435
                                  how do i find hm cut or hm flash i just beat the first gym leader
                                  __________________
                                  This signature has been disabled.
                                  Bottom images make your signature just a bit too tall :(
                                  Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                  You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                  Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #67    
                                  Old February 12th, 2008 (8:14 AM).
                                  Xiros's Avatar
                                  Xiros Xiros is offline
                                  -Pokémon Omega Creator-
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2006
                                    Location: Uruguay
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 139
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by ~Keyr!n View Post
                                    Woah, nice supporter bars, Xiros!
                                    By the way, any progress for the next release?
                                    Very few progress, just some scripts, soon i will start to work more seriously on the hack, but for now i´m being busy with other things.

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by knight View Post
                                    how do i find hm cut or hm flash i just beat the first gym leader
                                    In this beta u can´t find hm cut or flash, after u beat the first gym leader u can go to the central power in that town.
                                    __________________





                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #68    
                                    Old February 12th, 2008 (8:33 AM).
                                    Tenzou Tenzou is offline
                                    ~Ten...
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2008
                                      Gender:
                                      Posts: 34
                                      Im in the forest... Very tricky part i must say. Just wondering... Do you have planned to what point does the 2nd beta extend? ( 4th gym,etc)
                                      __________________



                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #69    
                                      Old February 12th, 2008 (9:08 AM).
                                      Shadowz's Avatar
                                      Shadowz Shadowz is offline
                                      Among the Shadowz...
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2007
                                        Location: England
                                        Age: 22
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 430
                                        Hey Xiros i love this hack. The Pallets are great and very easy on the eyes, the D/P house is also great and the tree matches with the pallet.

                                        The storyline, however is hard to understand. You've jumbled up your ideas into one place and it's really hard to understand, please fix it. Apart from that, this hack is awesome.

                                        -Sam
                                        __________________
                                        This signature has been disabled.
                                        Your signature is too tall by 10px.
                                        Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                        You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                        Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #70    
                                        Old February 12th, 2008 (4:09 PM).
                                        Xiros's Avatar
                                        Xiros Xiros is offline
                                        -Pokémon Omega Creator-
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2006
                                          Location: Uruguay
                                          Nature: Adamant
                                          Posts: 139
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Tenzou View Post
                                          Im in the forest... Very tricky part i must say. Just wondering... Do you have planned to what point does the 2nd beta extend? ( 4th gym,etc)
                                          Well, i think it will have 4 gyms, also there will be more battles against team shadow and new characters will appear.

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Shadowz View Post
                                          Hey Xiros i love this hack. The Pallets are great and very easy on the eyes, the D/P house is also great and the tree matches with the pallet.

                                          The storyline, however is hard to understand. You've jumbled up your ideas into one place and it's really hard to understand, please fix it. Apart from that, this hack is awesome.

                                          -Sam
                                          Well, maybe my translation of the story to english wasn´t very good, if someone wants to translate it better just pm me xD
                                          __________________





                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #71    
                                          Old February 12th, 2008 (5:02 PM).
                                          Crosell's Avatar
                                          Crosell Crosell is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Nov 2006
                                            Location: Netherlands
                                            Nature: Relaxed
                                            Posts: 654
                                            the story is just fine :P i can read it perfectly so i dont think ppl should complain about that..
                                            Better complain about the shint murkrow :P
                                            Why is it a shiny murkrow ? haha i think murkrow is rather boring even if it is shiny, i would have made another pokemon shiny, but oke it's your hack and even with the murkrow in it, it'sstill good :)
                                            __________________

                                            I'll make a man out of you!
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #72    
                                            Old February 12th, 2008 (5:03 PM).
                                            +Sneasel™'s Avatar
                                            +Sneasel™ +Sneasel™ is offline
                                            It's a meeee, itman!
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2007
                                              Location: None of your business!
                                              Age: 23
                                              Gender:
                                              Nature: Lonely
                                              Posts: 1,037
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Crossel View Post
                                              the story is just fine :P i can read it perfectly so i dont think ppl should complain about that..
                                              Better complain about the shint murkrow :P
                                              Why is it a shiny murkrow ? haha i think murkrow is rather boring even if it is shiny, i would have made another pokemon shiny, but oke it's your hack and even with the murkrow in it, it'sstill good :)
                                              I thought it was really unique and original to make it a shiny murkrow!
                                              I too liked the story!
                                              __________________
                                              Intentions that were pure have turned obscure,
                                              Seconds into hours, minutes into years.
                                              Don't ask me why,
                                              PLEASE DON'T CRY!
                                              I can't tell you lies...

                                              Don't click this!

                                              PPH - A great hacking forum
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #73    
                                              Old February 12th, 2008 (5:16 PM).
                                              Crosell's Avatar
                                              Crosell Crosell is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Nov 2006
                                                Location: Netherlands
                                                Nature: Relaxed
                                                Posts: 654
                                                It would be unique if the shiny murkrow was a different pokemon xD
                                                Like a red gyarados, that's unique.
                                                A shiny eevee would be unique and i think many people would like it.
                                                well it's just because i dont like murkrow, so it's more something about myself, the fact is that a abtaining a shiny pokemon is unique
                                                __________________

                                                I'll make a man out of you!
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #74    
                                                Old February 13th, 2008 (4:45 AM).
                                                Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
                                                Sarcastic Prince Sarcastic Prince is offline
                                                Starting anew...
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Aug 2007
                                                  Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Timid
                                                  Posts: 3,066
                                                  There's a good hack you've got here! But again, there's a few things that needs to be changed.
                                                  1. All trainer texts in Ruta 4 are not changed.
                                                  2. You should change the Trainer's Card's League badge.(I think you should make your own badges.)
                                                  3. The TM in the first gym is still Bulk Up.(Since it's a electric gym, it should be thunderbolt.)
                                                  That's all my suggestions.
                                                  __________________
                                                  I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #75    
                                                  Old February 15th, 2008 (7:44 AM).
                                                  Tenzou Tenzou is offline
                                                  ~Ten...
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Feb 2008
                                                    Gender:
                                                    Posts: 34
                                                    w00t! I made it through the whole beta and even got to know which is the pokemon that hatches in the egg! And the event at the electric station (or whatever it is) was great. I agree its an excellent hack but it needs to be polished a bit (referring to the badges, as well as some translations) Great job Xiros!
                                                    __________________



                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply
                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:10 AM.