Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #401    
Old August 16th, 2009 (1:20 AM).
.Seth's Avatar
.Seth .Seth is offline
.explorer.
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: A capacitor in a power supply board.
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 1,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu fan View Post
I'm currently working on a hack
called pokemon ruby diamond and
i'm trying to compile this script:


#Dynamic 0x6B09F8

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
checkflag 0x200
GivePokemon 151 30 0
if b_false goto @recieved
message @recieved
setflag 0x200
Release
End

#ORG @gotit
message @howis
boxset 0x2
End

#ORG @recieved
= Here is a rare Pokemon!

#ORG @howis
= How is MEW?


but every time i try to compile the script
a pop up says:

Error 13 'type mismatch' in file ..... on line 7
Missing #define or parameter

Line: GivePokemon 151 30 0

someone tell me whats wrong plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Begging won't get you anywhere. And this is a tutorial, not a Script Help Thread, like the one in the main ROM hacking forum you should go to for this.
Also, read your error code. You forgot "0 0 0" after the digits in the givepokemon command.

Relevant Advertising!

  #402    
Old August 16th, 2009 (3:20 AM).
●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●'s Avatar
●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•● ●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•● is offline
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kanto
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Posts: 441
the give pokemon there has to be

Givepokemon 0x[your pokemon] 0x[its level] 0x[its item] 0x0 0x0 0x0
__________________
  #403    
Old August 16th, 2009 (12:09 PM).
Lukeyjohnno's Avatar
Lukeyjohnno Lukeyjohnno is offline
Hacker-In-Training ;)
     
    Join Date: Aug 2007
    Gender:
    Nature: Modest
    Posts: 76
    I wasn't sure if you could ask for help here?
    If I am wrong pleae tell me and I will delete the post.
    Spoiler:
    #dynamic 0x800A71

    #ORG @start
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 goto @done
    setflag 0x828
    msgbox @begin 0x6
    applymovement 0xFF @playermove
    pause 0x50
    msgbox @message 0x6
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox @recieved 0x6
    waitfanfare
    givepokemon 0xFC 0x5 0x8B 0x0 0x0 0x0
    release
    end

    #ORG @begin
    = [red_fr][PLAYER], come here please!

    #ORG @done
    release
    end

    #ORG @playermove
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11

    #ORG @message
    = [red_fr]Hello [PLAYER].\pI have your POKéMON here, I have\nnever seen a POKéMON like this one\lbefore... It must be very rare!\lWell here it is, take care of it.

    #ORG @recieved
    = [black_fr][PLAYER] recieved RIOLU!


    After hours of trying to figure it out, I couldn't.
    The code flows well, until it finishes, and I can't move, I can bring up the L or R menu but thats it. I also can't use "waitmovement 0x0" as it also freezes the character, so I'm using pause.

    Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with the code?
    __________________
    Banner Created By Me

    Hacks I Support
    Spoiler:
    My Hack

      #404    
    Old August 16th, 2009 (3:44 PM).
    .Seth's Avatar
    .Seth .Seth is offline
    .explorer.
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: A capacitor in a power supply board.
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 1,645
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•● View Post
    the give pokemon there has to be

    Givepokemon 0x[your pokemon] 0x[its level] 0x[its item] 0x0 0x0 0x0
    You don't have to use hex, like he did.
      #405    
    Old August 18th, 2009 (10:10 PM).
    Pikachu fan's Avatar
    Pikachu fan Pikachu fan is offline
    SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
       
      Join Date: Jul 2009
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 54
      oh sory its just someone else posted a help question and i needed help.
      i didn't know about a help thread sory for wasting your time folks.
        #406    
      Old September 2nd, 2009 (2:17 AM).
      G Deoxys's Avatar
      G Deoxys G Deoxys is offline
      Beginner Rom Hacker
         
        Join Date: Aug 2009
        Location: Internet
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 21
        i done exactly what u said and it says error:

        Too less parameters on line 6. the correct number is 2


        ????
        please help...
          #407    
        Old September 2nd, 2009 (9:11 AM).
        colcolstyles's Avatar
        colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
        Yours truly
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: May 2008
        Location: The Bay Area
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 1,590
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by G Deoxys View Post
        Too less parameters on line 6. the correct number is 2
        It means exactly that. XSE error codes are designed to let you know precisely what when wrong and where.

        Open up your script in XSE and use the number on the left side of the window to navigate yourself to line 6. The error is on that line. I haven't seen your script so I can't tell you what's wrong but if you follow this tutorial, you should be able to figure it out for yourself ;)
        __________________

        Brother of Vrai
          #408    
        Old September 2nd, 2009 (4:48 PM).
        wolfbane15's Avatar
        wolfbane15 wolfbane15 is offline
        Dizzy
           
          Join Date: Aug 2009
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 7
          I'm having the same problem as g deoxys, and this is my script:
          Spoiler:
          #Dynamic 0x2DD100
          #ORG @start
          Lock
          FacePlayer
          Message @oldman
          BoxSet 0x6
          Release
          End
          #ORG @oldman
          = My wife spends all day in the\n garden!\p It's annoying!
          __________________
          < insert witty remark here >
            #409    
          Old September 2nd, 2009 (5:30 PM).
          Matt140's Avatar
          Matt140 Matt140 is offline
          Hi Peoplez!
             
            Join Date: Apr 2009
            Location: Sheffield, England
            Age: 22
            Gender:
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 19
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by wolfbane15 View Post
            I'm having the same problem as g deoxys, and this is my script:
            Spoiler:
            #Dynamic 0x2DD100
            #ORG @start
            Lock
            FacePlayer
            Message @oldman
            BoxSet 0x6
            Release
            End
            #ORG @oldman
            = My wife spends all day in the\n garden!\p It's annoying!
            I've not been into the hacking scene for a while, but, the below script will work:

            Spoiler:
            #Dynamic 0x2DD100
            #org @start
            lock
            faceplayer
            message @oldman 0x06
            release
            end

            #org @oldman
            = My wife spends all day in the\n garden!\p It's annoying!


            Boxset has been replaced with the second parameter of message/msgbox, one odd thing though, is that XSE still recognizes boxset (it still displays it's parameters).. I'll contact HackMew about the problem (unless someone knows of a reason why this is happening??)
            __________________
            XSE-One of the greatest script editors, ever!

            Spoiler:
            Waiting for the 26th... still waiting...
              #410    
            Old September 2nd, 2009 (5:37 PM).
            0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
            0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
            Im comin' home...
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: Superjail Penitentiary
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Gentle
            Posts: 1,816
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Matt140 View Post
            I've not been into the hacking scene for a while, but, the below script will work:

            Spoiler:
            #Dynamic 0x800000
            #org @start
            lock
            faceplayer
            message @oldman 0x06
            release
            end

            #org @oldman
            = My wife spends all day in the\n garden!\p It's annoying!


            Boxset has been replaced with the second parameter of message/msgbox, one odd thing though, is that XSE still recognizes boxset (it still displays it's parameters).. I'll contact HackMew about the problem (unless someone knows of a reason why this is happening??)
            WOAH, okay, first of all, don't EVER compile a script to an offset like that.
            Compile it to 0x800000, changes in the quote.
            __________________
            >Boot Jailbot
            >Pass *****
            .
            .
            Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
            Greetings Warden
            of Superjail Penitentiary
            Awaiting user input...

            >Display User_Info
            ╠══User Info══╣
            Username:
            0m3GA ARS3NAL
            Age: 18
            Sex: Male ♂
            Race: Caucasian
            Quote:
            "What is this
            I don't even..."

            M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
            ╠══End of File══╣
            Awaiting user input...

            >
              #411    
            Old September 3rd, 2009 (5:45 AM).
            Matt140's Avatar
            Matt140 Matt140 is offline
            Hi Peoplez!
               
              Join Date: Apr 2009
              Location: Sheffield, England
              Age: 22
              Gender:
              Nature: Quiet
              Posts: 19
              Just spoken to HackMew, and yep, boxset has been deprecated and replaced with the second parameter.
              __________________
              XSE-One of the greatest script editors, ever!

              Spoiler:
              Waiting for the 26th... still waiting...
                #412    
              Old September 3rd, 2009 (4:52 PM).
              wolfbane15's Avatar
              wolfbane15 wolfbane15 is offline
              Dizzy
                 
                Join Date: Aug 2009
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 7
                oh, okay then thanks
                but at 0m3GA, i just used free space finder but i'll go from that from now on
                __________________
                < insert witty remark here >
                  #413    
                Old September 3rd, 2009 (5:03 PM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by wolfbane15 View Post
                oh, okay then thanks
                but at 0m3GA, i just used free space finder but i'll go from that from now on
                Yeah, the reason you don't ever want to put scripts there is because that is where vital information on the game is kept.
                The safest location to start from is 0x800000, because that is ROM space.
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #414    
                Old September 3rd, 2009 (7:40 PM).
                colcolstyles's Avatar
                colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                Yours truly
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: The Bay Area
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 1,590
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                Yeah, the reason you don't ever want to put scripts there is because that is where vital information on the game is kept.
                The safest location to start from is 0x800000, because that is ROM space.
                Say wha???
                Although I agree that's it's probably safest to choose an offset deeper into the ROM, it's not necessary. There's nothing wrong with his offset, so long as he used Free Space Finder to find it. FSF (as the name implies) finds free space. If it wasn't free space and it was being used by the unmodified game, it probably wouldn't be filled with a sea of 'FF'. Also, 0x800000 is only free space for Fire Red. I believe it's used in Emerald and it's possible that it's used in Ruby/Sapphire as well.

                Though I'd really appreciate it if you could clarify what you mean by "ROM space". I'm at a loss as to what exactly you were trying to say there :\
                __________________

                Brother of Vrai
                  #415    
                Old September 3rd, 2009 (7:59 PM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
                Say wha???
                Although I agree that's it's probably safest to choose an offset deeper into the ROM, it's not necessary. There's nothing wrong with his offset, so long as he used Free Space Finder to find it. FSF (as the name implies) finds free space. If it wasn't free space and it was being used by the unmodified game, it probably wouldn't be filled with a sea of 'FF'. Also, 0x800000 is only free space for Fire Red. I believe it's used in Emerald and it's possible that it's used in Ruby/Sapphire as well.

                Though I'd really appreciate it if you could clarify what you mean by "ROM space". I'm at a loss as to what exactly you were trying to say there :\
                0x00000000 - 0x01FFFFFF is BIOS data within the Image of a GBA Game, the data that starts teh game and all that. (GBA games usually have the extention .gba, but sometimes .bin)
                0x02000000 - 0x02FFFFFF is WRAM (This changes as you play the game, so space that might look free, will often NOT be free as you play the game.)
                0x03000000 - 0x03FFFFFF is IRAM (Same as WRAM, what looks like Free Space, Wont be free when you play the game.)
                0x04000000 - 0x04FFFFFF is I/O data (As before, it is NOT free space when you play the game.)
                0x05000000 - 0x05FFFFFF is Pallet data (Which DOES change as you play teh game, loading different pallets and such.)
                0x60000000 - 0x06FFFFFF is VRAM (Once again, NOT free, FF's and 00's WILL change when you play the game.)
                And finally.
                0x70000000 - 0x07FFFFFF is OAM (This data holds sprites, so if a map has TONS of different sprites, grass, and other animated objects, it will often be loaded into here, so it too is not free space.)
                0x08000000 - 0x0FFFFFFF is ROM space, data that can not be edited with commands such as writebytetooffset, it holds data such as compressed images, music, and, scripts, amongst other things that the different RAM's read and load.

                It is safest to start inserting data at 0x800000 (Except in Emeralds case, where a location further into the ROM is preffered.) because it wont have any possibility of randomly changing during gameplay.
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #416    
                Old September 3rd, 2009 (8:06 PM).
                colcolstyles's Avatar
                colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                Yours truly
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: The Bay Area
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 1,590
                *slaps forehead*
                Okay, I might not be very knowledgeable on the subject of GBA hardware and all that jazz but the offset he specified with the #dynamic preprocessing directive was 0x2DD100. That's 0x82DD100. Which is in the ROM. You can't compile a script to the WRAM. That's ludicrous!
                __________________

                Brother of Vrai
                  #417    
                Old September 4th, 2009 (10:31 AM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
                *slaps forehead*
                Okay, I might not be very knowledgeable on the subject of GBA hardware and all that jazz but the offset he specified with the #dynamic preprocessing directive was 0x2DD100. That's 0x82DD100. Which is in the ROM. You can't compile a script to the WRAM. That's ludicrous!
                Actually;
                0x2DD100 would not be 082DD100, it would be 002DD100, which is indeed located in WRAM.

                (Since offsets are D-Words, 0x2DD100 is really 002DD100, much like how 0x800000 is 00800000.

                The frontal 08 that you mentioned, is only used in pointers, which even then would be pointing to WRAM, 082DD100.)

                So Yeah, so long as your Dynamic Offset is 0x800000 or later, you will not compile into the GBA's RAM locations...
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #418    
                Old September 4th, 2009 (12:40 PM).
                colcolstyles's Avatar
                colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                Yours truly
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: The Bay Area
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 1,590
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                Actually;
                0x2DD100 would not be 082DD100, it would be 002DD100, which is indeed located in WRAM.

                (Since offsets are D-Words, 0x2DD100 is really 002DD100, much like how 0x800000 is 00800000.

                The frontal 08 that you mentioned, is only used in pointers, which even then would be pointing to WRAM, 082DD100.)

                So Yeah, so long as your Dynamic Offset is 0x800000 or later, you will not compile into the GBA's RAM locations...
                ...
                But...but this is madness! You can't compile scripts to RAM. It's just impossible. You compile them to the ROM, the Read-Only Memory. XSE can only compile scripts to the ROM. You can't access the RAM using a hex editor. So how in God's name are you supposed to compile a script to the RAM?

                Here, explain this:
                The girl in Pallet Town in FR (person event #1) has a script assigned to her, the offset of which is '$16575C'. According to you, that script is located in the BIOS data. See how that makes no sense whatsoever? It's located in the ROM.

                But I want you to prove me wrong. Please. Go out there, compile a script to the WRAM or wherever you feel like it, and then come back to me with your results.
                __________________

                Brother of Vrai
                  #419    
                Old September 4th, 2009 (1:06 PM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
                ...
                But...but this is madness! You can't compile scripts to RAM. It's just impossible. You compile them to the ROM, the Read-Only Memory. XSE can only compile scripts to the ROM. You can't access the RAM using a hex editor. So how in God's name are you supposed to compile a script to the RAM?

                Here, explain this:
                The girl in Pallet Town in FR (person event #1) has a script assigned to her, the offset of which is '$16575C'. According to you, that script is located in the BIOS data. See how that makes no sense whatsoever? It's located in the ROM.

                But I want you to prove me wrong. Please. Go out there, compile a script to the WRAM or wherever you feel like it, and then come back to me with your results.
                I've done it before, stuffed up my game.
                And BIOS data is only in use when the game starts. All rom data is moved down... (Except foreign data... which is left in place, such as scripts we insert.)

                If you insert a script into free space around there, (ESPECIALLY small scripts that take up little space) You could easily fill in some 00's or FF's that are actually part of code used my the game...
                That is what I have been trying to say, a lot of those FF's and 00's are actually part of ASM codes made to run the game.
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #420    
                Old September 4th, 2009 (1:37 PM).
                colcolstyles's Avatar
                colcolstyles colcolstyles is offline
                Yours truly
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: The Bay Area
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 1,590
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
                I've done it before, stuffed up my game.
                And BIOS data is only in use when the game starts. All rom data is moved down... (Except foreign data... which is left in place, such as scripts we insert.)

                If you insert a script into free space around there, (ESPECIALLY small scripts that take up little space) You could easily fill in some 00's or FF's that are actually part of code used my the game...
                That is what I have been trying to say, a lot of those FF's and 00's are actually part of ASM codes made to run the game.
                Fair enough. I agree with you on that last bit (I already said that I do) but you still haven't explained how you can compile a script to the WRAM (or anything other than the ROM, for that matter). Please, enlighten me.
                __________________

                Brother of Vrai
                  #421    
                Old September 4th, 2009 (2:05 PM).
                0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                Im comin' home...
                • Silver Tier
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2008
                Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                Age: 24
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Gentle
                Posts: 1,816
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
                Fair enough. I agree with you on that last bit (I already said that I do) but you still haven't explained how you can compile a script to the WRAM (or anything other than the ROM, for that matter). Please, enlighten me.
                Well it isn't technically RAM... XD
                It's stuff the RAM reads from.
                I admit I made a little mistake there, lol.
                In any case, you really should just start at 0x800000 and work down... THat is the point I have been trying to get across.
                __________________
                >Boot Jailbot
                >Pass *****
                .
                .
                Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                Greetings Warden
                of Superjail Penitentiary
                Awaiting user input...

                >Display User_Info
                ╠══User Info══╣
                Username:
                0m3GA ARS3NAL
                Age: 18
                Sex: Male ♂
                Race: Caucasian
                Quote:
                "What is this
                I don't even..."

                M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                ╠══End of File══╣
                Awaiting user input...

                >
                  #422    
                Old September 5th, 2009 (6:58 PM).
                DestinyBender's Avatar
                DestinyBender DestinyBender is offline
                Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                  Location: Currently playing Pokémon Brown.
                  Age: 19
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 443
                  Good job! Lots of help for me
                  __________________
                  Love you <3


                  PC Family
                  Misty-loving sis
                  Evil, evil, brother
                  Rock-loving cousin
                  Uncle, King of Mafia-ness
                  Beauty Pair

                  Looking for pair -hinthint-

                  Also, a rival. Anyone?

                  Quotes from movies:
                  Superhero Movie
                  The House Bunny
                    #423    
                  Old September 10th, 2009 (6:53 AM).
                  BlazingCobaltX's Avatar
                  BlazingCobaltX BlazingCobaltX is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2009
                    Location: Spain
                    Age: 19
                    Gender: Female
                    Nature: Hardy
                    Posts: 998
                    When I write my script, it gives me an error: Unknown keyword: lock on line 4. Why?
                      #424    
                    Old September 19th, 2009 (5:04 AM). Edited September 19th, 2009 by G Deoxys.
                    G Deoxys's Avatar
                    G Deoxys G Deoxys is offline
                    Beginner Rom Hacker
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2009
                      Location: Internet
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 21
                      hey how do i make this script work?

                      #Dynamic 0x800000

                      #org @start
                      lock
                      faceplayer
                      checkflag 0x828
                      if 0x1 goto @sry
                      givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                      fanfare 0x13E
                      waitfanfare
                      setflag 0x828
                      msgbox @yay 0x6
                      release
                      end

                      #org @sry
                      msgbox @sorry 0x6
                      end

                      #org @yay
                      = You got Bulbasaur!

                      #org @sorry
                      = I can't give you anymore.

                      --------------------------------
                      can somebody tell me how i actually make this work?
                        #425    
                      Old September 19th, 2009 (3:05 PM).
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
                      Im comin' home...
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                      Location: Superjail Penitentiary
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Gentle
                      Posts: 1,816
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by G Deoxys View Post
                      hey how do i make this script work?

                      #Dynamic 0x800000

                      #org @start
                      lock
                      faceplayer
                      checkflag 0x828
                      if 0x1 goto @sry
                      givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                      fanfare 0x13E
                      waitfanfare
                      setflag 0x828
                      msgbox @yay 0x6
                      release
                      end

                      #org @sry
                      msgbox @sorry 0x6
                      release
                      end

                      #org @yay
                      = You got Bulbasaur!

                      #org @sorry
                      = I can't give you anymore.

                      --------------------------------
                      can somebody tell me how i actually make this work?
                      Added a release in the script, it should work fine.
                      There are no problems with it, if you have not figured out how to insert it properly, please read the guide that comes with XSE. (Open XSE and press F2)
                      __________________
                      >Boot Jailbot
                      >Pass *****
                      .
                      .
                      Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
                      Greetings Warden
                      of Superjail Penitentiary
                      Awaiting user input...

                      >Display User_Info
                      ╠══User Info══╣
                      Username:
                      0m3GA ARS3NAL
                      Age: 18
                      Sex: Male ♂
                      Race: Caucasian
                      Quote:
                      "What is this
                      I don't even..."

                      M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
                      ╠══End of File══╣
                      Awaiting user input...

                      >
                      Closed Thread

                      Quick Reply

                      Join the conversation!

                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:27 PM.