• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Firefox addons/plugins you can't live without? :D

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    well I used to use Piclens, Foxytunes, and Download statusbar when I used 2.0, however now that I'm working with 3.0b3 I can only use Download statusbar

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Currently have running

Minimize to tray. This is good. Does what the title says.
    Stumble upon. This is the best tool bar ever.
    Tab rename. Renames my tabs
    Try again. Very useful. If a page is down it will reload it until it's back on line
    Yahoo mail notifier. Notify's me on my incoming mail.
    British English Dictionary. A dictionary which I need.
    Chatzilla. An IRC client built into Firefox.
    Adblock obviously. Best Addon ever

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    (I don't want to see any "I don't use Firefox, I use ___!" replies here. :C If you don't use Firefox, don't reply.)

Aaanyway, what add-ons for Firefox do you have installed? o3o They're one of the things about Firefox that make it my choice as the best browser, I'd die without some of them. :C

I have:
    • Adblock Plus - I know most people will have it, because it's like the best plugin ever. Pretty self explanatory, it lets you block advertisements on sites. It's godsend. :D
    • Ctrl + Tab Preview - when you press ctrl + tab in Firefox, it scrolls between your tabs (it does this by default.) With this add-on, it gives you a preview of the tabs as you're scrolling through. It makes it really easy when I have a ton of tabs open and want to find one in specific
    • FireFTP - an FTP client built right into your browser. I use FTP a lot, and FireFTP has everything I need without any of the bloat that I don't. It's wonderful. :>
    • IE Tab - an extremely useful tool for webmasters who want to test how their sites appear in IE without having to actually open it. Basically what it does is allows you to switch the rendering engine from Firefox to IE, but only in one tab.
    • Save Complete - you know how you can save pages with File -> Save Page As? Well, that's largely ineffective since it doesn't save external CSS nor images referenced in the CSS (background images, etc.) Save Complete replaces that function and saves a PERFECT copy of the page. It's awesome. :D
    • Web Developer - an amazing add-on that adds far too much for me to even begin to explain. (Uploaded a screenshot, click here.) The main thing I use it for is the CSS editing, it lets you edit the CSS of the page you're viewing and see the results in real time, right there on the page. If you're into web development, I totally recommend it.
    I used to have more installed, but I had to reinstall Firefox and I lost them all. D: Soo, what does everyone else use? :>

To be honest, I've never actually installed any plugins in FireFox but I think I might get some of those since they sound interesting.

EDIT: I just got Adblock Plus.

Last edited:

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    *Mewthree smacks audy for making a topic he wanted to* ;)

I'll post my list later, but I love Ad-Block plus and the stink some webmasters make over it. Great download. Might be one of the best ever.

Hotaru

Nostalgia Strikes Again
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2011
    I currently have these plugins installed:

1. DownloadHelper - Captures flash and video content.
    2. Firebug - Allows CSS/HTML editing on websites. I recently added this one and haven't had much of a chance to use it yet.
    3. IE Tab - Allows you to view sites as IE would render them.
    4. PicLens - A really nice full-screen 3-D tool for viewing pictures. Great for browsing DeviantART and Photobucket. :]
    5. Save Complete - Saves exact copies of website pages.

I didn't have Save Complete before I read this thread, but I thought it sounded really useful in Ausaudriel's and couldn't resist downloading it. :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I have a lot that I use all the time and that I can't imagine being without. XD

Livejournal Addons
    Greasemonkey
    Adblock Plus
    Colorzilla
    Gmail Notifier
    Resizeable Form Fields
    Mouse Gestures
    Tab Mix Plus
    Fire FTP

edit: Ahaha, those are the ones I can't live without. In addition, I have these installed...

Abduction!
    Canadian English Dictionary
    Download Statusbar
    Download Helper
    dragdropupload
    FasterFox
    Firebug
    Flashgot
    Foxmarks Bookmarks Synchronizer
    Gmail Space
    Load Time Analyzer
    Long Titles
    Measure It
    Table2Clipboard
    WebDeveloper
    Window Resizer

Audy, I may have to grab a few from your list there. Save Complete sounds divine and Ctrl+Tab Preview sounds very useful to me, especially right now where I'm not sure what about 6 tabs are since they have similar titles. XD;

Asch_R2

The Power Within
    Years
    I really only use ScribeFire for posting to my blog but Save Complete sounds useful i might get that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I have no plug-ins what so ever. :D
    One reason I use Firefox is its simplicity, it does what I need it to do — no sense in me adding anything to it.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    This is why I like Firefox, the addons sometimes are really helpful. But not to the extent where I can't live without them.

I've currently got these installed:
    - Countdownclock
    - Download statusbar (better than opening FF's download menu)
    - DownThemAll
    - FoxyTunes (handy sometimes, but slows down FF =\)
    - IE Tab (good for those MS sites where IE must be used. x.x)
    - Now Playing X (Helpful addon for WLM purposes)
    - Speed Dial
    - VideoDownloader

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    I use three:
    Adblock Plus - of course;
    Download Statusbar - nice and neat :] ;
    Firesizer - I always put my window in the lower half of my screen, so it's at a weird size. So whenever crappy sites come along and resize my window, I can just pop it back to what I had it as (1024x600).

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Adblock Plus, though not on all sites.
    Download Statusbar, just for it's convenience.
    Extended Statusbar (just like in Opera). I have this to prove that a watched pot boils :P
    Firebug, just for whenever I feel like looking at webpage code.
    IE Tab, for convenience.
    Long Titles, exclusively for the purpose of reading xkcd ♥

uh, I also use Page Title Eraser, for the secretive times ;D, and Paste and Go 2, which I have been forgetting to use, but it's pretty useful. I used to use chatzilla a lot as well, but now I have a separate client.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I use IE Tab so I can test all my layouts in IE and FF without having to open IE (because it SUCKS D:) ;D
    I also use Colorzilla, Web Developer, and Mouse Gestures, the latter because I missed having that when I used Opera.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    (I don't want to see any "I don't use Firefox, I use ___!" replies here. :C If you don't use Firefox, don't reply.)

Aaanyway, what add-ons for Firefox do you have installed? o3o They're one of the things about Firefox that make it my choice as the best browser, I'd die without some of them. :C

I have:
    • Adblock Plus - I know most people will have it, because it's like the best plugin ever. Pretty self explanatory, it lets you block advertisements on sites. It's godsend. :D
    • IE Tab - an extremely useful tool for webmasters who want to test how their sites appear in IE without having to actually open it. Basically what it does is allows you to switch the rendering engine from Firefox to IE, but only in one tab.
    • Web Developer - an amazing add-on that adds far too much for me to even begin to explain. (Uploaded a screenshot, click here.) The main thing I use it for is the CSS editing, it lets you edit the CSS of the page you're viewing and see the results in real time, right there on the page. If you're into web development, I totally recommend it.
    I used to have more installed, but I had to reinstall Firefox and I lost them all. D: Soo, what does everyone else use? :>

Oh god, freaking this. Except, you're missing the epic Download Statusbar and Firebug.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    I use:
    *Score_Under browses through plugins*
    British English Dictionary,
    Deutsches Wörterbuch,
    Download Statusbar
    DownThemAll!,
    Firebug,
    HackBar,
    IE Tab,
    Japanese-English Dictionary for rikaichan,
    Mobile Barcoder,
    PermaTabs,
    refspoof,
    Restart Firefox,
    Rikaichan,
    StumbleUpon,
    Tab Effect,
    Tab Scope,
    Tamper Data,
    TortoiseSVN Menu,
    User Agent Switcher,
    Veoh Browser Plug-in,
    WOT.

There's my industrial-standard firefox setup :)

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    4chan plugin
    not4chan plugin
    adblock plus
    colourful tabs
    bazzacuda image saver

Back