ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old March 13th, 2008 (12:24 PM).
The Smell's Avatar
The Smell The Smell is offline
Doof-Man
     
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 212
    Wow! This storyline is so cool! I can't wait to finish this game! And it's only the first beta!

    Btw, where does the first beta end?

    ~Smell
    __________________




    Relevant Advertising!

      #27    
    Old March 13th, 2008 (12:53 PM).
    wolverfrog's Avatar
    wolverfrog wolverfrog is offline
    Working on a Hack
       
      Join Date: Feb 2008
      Location: England
      Age: 22
      Gender:
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 119
      hey, this is great, iv'e just downloaded it, and it's really good, would it be within the bounds of the game to make it so, if you switched a pikachu with a chikorita on the list, would it be possible to make a chikorita overworld show up? also, i hvnt played much but is it possible to capture new pokemon in this beta? if so, you can't exactly use a pokeball can you? it would seem a bit degrading. how about you throw, say, a contact, and the pokemon wobbles(like in the ball) as he's thinking about it, and he either says yes or no, and the lower his health got, the more he'd want to sign up. im no spriter, but i'm pretty sure you could change the text and the graphic of the pokeball coudn't you? anyways, great work, well done.
      __________________
      hacks i support-
      My own Hack- Pokemon Law Enforcement



      my favourate hackers-
      zel, destinedjagold, earthvisitor-make a great hack and you'll be on this list too!

      hack i'm working on-

      Making my own Hack-Pokemon Law Enforcement
      Status-Pre-Beta stage


        #28    
      Old March 13th, 2008 (1:00 PM).
      destinedjagold's Avatar
      destinedjagold destinedjagold is online now
      Oh Hai Thar~
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: May 2007
      Location: Philippines
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Careful
      Posts: 8,547
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Bombah! View Post
      Looks very good, but 1 thing:
      WHY???????? WHY PIKACHU????
      I know it´s THE Pokémon, but really, I don´t like it (It´s just me, I think lol)
      Why don´t you let the player choose? Like in Mystery Dungeon, without the questions...

      And hey, did you make these Overworlds?

      Anyways, good luck,
      Bombah!
      PIKACHU is because.., well.., it's the main PKMN in any PKMN games... :D
      And also, doing such is really my team's original idea, however, I think it ain't possible, considering the fact that the hacker should assign different OverWorlds to their choice... I don't have that much of the knowledge, though... :\

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by zel View Post
      First, good luck on this new project.
      And, I know it's still a bit early to give a rushed opinion, so I'll wait till this takes a bit more of shape. An interesting idea, but... it's really weird to see the oversized Pikachu OW talking with real people (O.O), and I'm curious about how the three Pokémon will battle...() That's all I'll say.

      But I'll check it out often. It'll improve, I'm sure of that.
      Ahahah... :D
      The battle is same old-same old. Just removed the POKéBALL animation and changed the backsprite.
      Thanks, zel.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by GodSaurus View Post
      I'm liking this hack. It's cery original and promises a good future.

      The problem that I see is that the pokemon's overworlds doesn't seem to combine with the tiles.
      Yeah, well... C3LEBI hasn't been around for a while, though...
      He was supposed to change the graphics... :\
      Oh well... No harm done. :D

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Keyrin View Post
      Wow, I can't believe it's up already! I really liked Reign of Legends, so I'll love this hack! Good luck!
      I'd also love to help with sprites and tiles.
      Yes, please, the more spriters, the better results.
      I'll PM ya if we need anything, k..?
      Thanks.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DestinedCailean View Post
      when i went to land of dead 2nd time i got into hall of fame...
      Yeah.., I know. I did that on purpose.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by The Smell View Post
      Wow! This storyline is so cool! I can't wait to finish this game! And it's only the first beta!

      Btw, where does the first beta end?

      ~Smell
      You'll know when you play through it all.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by wolverfrog View Post
      hey, this is great, iv'e just downloaded it, and it's really good, would it be within the bounds of the game to make it so, if you switched a pikachu with a chikorita on the list, would it be possible to make a chikorita overworld show up? also, i hvnt played much but is it possible to capture new pokemon in this beta? if so, you can't exactly use a pokeball can you? it would seem a bit degrading. how about you throw, say, a contact, and the pokemon wobbles(like in the ball) as he's thinking about it, and he either says yes or no, and the lower his health got, the more he'd want to sign up. im no spriter, but i'm pretty sure you could change the text and the graphic of the pokeball coudn't you? anyways, great work, well done.
      Well, pokeballs are removed. and I intend the players not to catch any pokemon in this hack...
      instead, some pkmn around will join you through scripts.
      depends on the plot I'm writing.

      and btw, I'm destinedjagold, not destinyjagold.
      __________________


      FC: 0061-1111-6462
      TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

        #29    
      Old March 13th, 2008 (1:02 PM).
      adamb241's Avatar
      adamb241 adamb241 is offline
      Pokémon Raging Fury
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: New York
        Age: 24
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 660
        I liked it a lot, the story line was very original! The only ting I didn't like was that every time you moved you would encounter a wild pokemon........
        Maybe decrease the encounter rate?
        __________________

        \-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
        +A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
          #30    
        Old March 13th, 2008 (1:18 PM).
        Tyrantrum's Avatar
        Tyrantrum Tyrantrum is offline
        ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Oct 2007
        Location: New Jersey
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 5,811
        I just finished the beta and I thought it was...totally awesome!
        I can't wait to play beta 2.
        But I think you should cut the pokemon frequency rate down a little.
        It's outrageously annoying.
        Anyway, GL.
        __________________




        (x) Tumblr
        (y) Twitter
        Previously Eeveon
          #31    
        Old March 13th, 2008 (3:13 PM).
        Vyro's Avatar
        Vyro Vyro is offline
        Master Douchelord
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Feb 2008
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 887
        I have an idea for another bad guy later on...
        do you think you could put in a Dark flygon and call him XD002?
          #32    
        Old March 13th, 2008 (3:36 PM).
        ҳ̸ҲRichie's Avatar
        ҳ̸ҲRichie ҳ̸ҲRichie is offline
        SkOria
           
          Join Date: Mar 2008
          Age: 26
          Gender:
          Nature: Modest
          Posts: 84
          A crazy and original idea, the graphics can get better, but personally I don't care much.
          I hope to see more, you know, some scripts... o more screens and tiles
          Good luck with all your projects!!
            #33    
          Old March 13th, 2008 (3:38 PM).
          gotron228's Avatar
          gotron228 gotron228 is offline
          ^_^
             
            Join Date: Jun 2007
            Location: Australia
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Calm
            Posts: 410
            hey DJG sorry I ahvnt been wit the community for a while Im actually looking forward to playing this I never knew reign of legends would be come a series anyway great hack and nicly structured!
            __________________
            ORAS Hall of fame team


            Currently playing:
            White 2 & AS
              #34    
            Old March 13th, 2008 (5:02 PM).
            TB Pro's Avatar
            TB Pro TB Pro is offline
            Old-timer
               
              Join Date: Nov 2004
              Location: Midwestern USA
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 2,739
              Wow! You are a master DJG! I played through the beta, and...wow! Only a couple of text running off the box errors, and such were what I could spot This is one of the best looking hacks out there!
              __________________
              --I'm a creepin'..
                #35    
              Old March 13th, 2008 (7:25 PM).
              Vyro's Avatar
              Vyro Vyro is offline
              Master Douchelord
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2008
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 887
              I have an idea for another bad guy later on...
              do you think you could put in a Dark flygon and call him XD002?
                #36    
              Old March 13th, 2008 (7:49 PM).
              ryanycg's Avatar
              ryanycg ryanycg is offline
              I have a kakuna staring at me
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2007
                Location: TwinLeaf Town
                Posts: 77
                cool this looks nice.
                the hero sprite is a PIKACHU and it is weird.
                __________________



                  #37    
                Old March 13th, 2008 (8:06 PM).
                adamb241's Avatar
                adamb241 adamb241 is offline
                Pokémon Raging Fury
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                  Location: New York
                  Age: 24
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 660
                  Did you read the beginning scripts? He is going to a birthday party dressed in a Pikachu suit.
                  __________________

                  \-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
                  +A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
                    #38    
                  Old March 13th, 2008 (8:10 PM).
                  More4Life's Avatar
                  More4Life More4Life is offline
                  Advanced Mapper
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2008
                    Location: New York
                    Age: 23
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Jolly
                    Posts: 134
                    The beta was very good, except for a few text errors it was bug free. Though this is not my type of game it still was worth it.
                      #39    
                    Old March 13th, 2008 (11:17 PM).
                    Superjub's Avatar
                    Superjub Superjub is offline
                    Pokémon Aureolin
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2007
                    Location: Hoenn
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 2,286
                    This is AWESOME.
                    And the fact its based upon PMD is better (Never played or bought it so it is all new )
                    Anyway,
                    This is looking super super awesome.

                    P.S: The only bad thing I can think of is the sprites look a bit freaky compared to the tiles however I still like the fact you used MD sprites
                    __________________
                      #40    
                    Old March 14th, 2008 (12:43 AM).
                    wildarms001's Avatar
                    wildarms001 wildarms001 is offline
                    Random Supporter
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2007
                      Gender:
                      Posts: 269
                      yes the rescue ranger finally in hack showcase :D ill try your beta ryt now :D also i support your hack gud luck to your hack project :D
                      __________________

                        #41    
                      Old March 14th, 2008 (1:14 AM).
                      destinedjagold's Avatar
                      destinedjagold destinedjagold is online now
                      Oh Hai Thar~
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: May 2007
                      Location: Philippines
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Careful
                      Posts: 8,547
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by adamb241 View Post
                      I liked it a lot, the story line was very original! The only ting I didn't like was that every time you moved you would encounter a wild pokemon........
                      Maybe decrease the encounter rate?
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by shinypkmnfan13 View Post
                      I just finished the beta and I thought it was...totally awesome!
                      I can't wait to play beta 2.
                      But I think you should cut the pokemon frequency rate down a little.
                      It's outrageously annoying.
                      Anyway, GL.
                      Ahahahah! :D
                      May be I'll decrease it. Hm... I'll think about it, though.
                      Thanks.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Keyrin View Post
                      Heh, thanks. I'd love to help you sprite, and I'll try to make little project where I'll fix up all of your tiles, because they have a lot of errors. I'll make them perfect! (by the way, when you enter the building where your friends greet you happy birthday, the text goes past the textbox ).

                      Anyway, I'm still tinkering with it, so keep it up!
                      Thanks so much, Es.., I mean, Keyrin. :D

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by missingno10110 View Post
                      I have an idea for another bad guy later on...
                      do you think you could put in a Dark flygon and call him XD002?
                      Erm... I ain't adding no more fakemons except for Angeallen, Devihell, ---------, ------- and ---------.
                      (What would ya expect? I ain't planning to spoil everything! :D)
                      But I'll think about it, though. Thanks and one post is enough...

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ҳ̸ҲRichie View Post
                      A crazy and original idea, the graphics can get better, but personally I don't care much.
                      I hope to see more, you know, some scripts... o more screens and tiles
                      Good luck with all your projects!!
                      my major ability is in mapping, though, second in scripting...
                      Spriting and others that is under the graphics ain't my best hack skills...
                      Yet, thanks for the comment! =3

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by gotron228 View Post
                      hey DJG sorry I ahvnt been wit the community for a while Im actually looking forward to playing this I never knew reign of legends would be come a series anyway great hack and nicly structured!
                      Hi Gotron! It has been quite a while now! How are ya!?
                      Anyways, thanks for the comment. =3

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TB Pro! View Post
                      Wow! You are a master DJG! I played through the beta, and...wow! Only a couple of text running off the box errors, and such were what I could spot This is one of the best looking hacks out there!
                      Master..? Er... :\
                      Anyways, thanks...

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by More4Life View Post
                      The beta was very good, except for a few text errors it was bug free. Though this is not my type of game it still was worth it.
                      Thanks.

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Superjub View Post
                      This is AWESOME.
                      And the fact its based upon PMD is better (Never played or bought it so it is all new )
                      Anyway,
                      This is looking super super awesome.

                      P.S: The only bad thing I can think of is the sprites look a bit freaky compared to the tiles however I still like the fact you used MD sprites
                      Thanks so much. :D

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by wildarms001 View Post
                      yes the rescue ranger finally in hack showcase :D ill try your beta ryt now :D also i support your hack gud luck to your hack project :D
                      Thanks so much...
                      I can't do it all without my team though.
                      They need some credit, too.
                      __________________


                      FC: 0061-1111-6462
                      TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                        #42    
                      Old March 14th, 2008 (1:54 AM).
                      Glacier's Avatar
                      Glacier Glacier is offline
                      Mayzz Lover
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2007
                        Location: Doing May.
                        Age: 27
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Naughty
                        Posts: 130
                        Well done DJG this is looking incredible so far ust like DOL
                        __________________
                        My Team = Your worst nightmare.
                        Mays hot and my bishie touch and die, All pokemon captured! Currently not available for trading or battling.
                          #43    
                        Old March 14th, 2008 (2:02 AM).
                        wildarms001's Avatar
                        wildarms001 wildarms001 is offline
                        Random Supporter
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2007
                          Gender:
                          Posts: 269
                          oic im sorry :D hope you and your team finishd this wonderful hack :D gudluck looking forward to your next update :D
                          __________________

                            #44    
                          Old March 14th, 2008 (3:29 AM).
                          Lupe's Avatar
                          Lupe Lupe is offline
                          isn't she cute...
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2007
                            Location: PHILIPPINES
                            Age: 23
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 118
                            wow jagold very nice some questions,will you edit the start of the battle? i mean when the player throws the pokeball,also i think you should edit he side view of pikachu it looks fat,and good luck and hope you will finish this hack like you did with your last one
                              #45    
                            Old March 14th, 2008 (5:01 AM).
                            Mitchman Mitchman is offline
                            Banned
                               
                              Join Date: Dec 2007
                              Location: Southern Europe
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Hasty
                              Posts: 7,480
                              Jagold I once posted about a page back if I can do some maps and never answered so what do you think
                                #46    
                              Old March 14th, 2008 (8:53 AM).
                              MudMast's Avatar
                              MudMast MudMast is offline
                              Does not exist.
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2007
                                Location: Right here, Right now. (This tiny island called Great Britain)
                                Age: 23
                                Nature: Quiet
                                Posts: 229
                                you could rename the trainer card to something else

                                and if you die you are in hall of fame...

                                you could change credits to 'some being brought back to life thing'

                                on trainer card, the 'hall of fame thing' could be changed or removed (somehow)
                                or made into a 'how many times failed in dungeon'

                                just some things...
                                  #47    
                                Old March 14th, 2008 (9:05 AM).
                                wolverfrog's Avatar
                                wolverfrog wolverfrog is offline
                                Working on a Hack
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2008
                                  Location: England
                                  Age: 22
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Adamant
                                  Posts: 119
                                  i was wondering, wouldn't it have been easier to make a hack out of red rescue team? then you wouldn't have had to majorly edit it.
                                  keyrin:mabye he called it rescue ranger 'cos its a mixture of both mystery dungeon and ranger. or mabye he just thought the name sounded cool
                                  __________________
                                  hacks i support-
                                  My own Hack- Pokemon Law Enforcement



                                  my favourate hackers-
                                  zel, destinedjagold, earthvisitor-make a great hack and you'll be on this list too!

                                  hack i'm working on-

                                  Making my own Hack-Pokemon Law Enforcement
                                  Status-Pre-Beta stage


                                    #48    
                                  Old March 14th, 2008 (10:12 AM).
                                  Xiros's Avatar
                                  Xiros Xiros is offline
                                  -Pokémon Omega Creator-
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2006
                                    Location: Uruguay
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 139
                                    I haven't finished the beta yet, but i can tell u that this hack is great!
                                    I love the idea, its amazing, and the events are good.
                                    About mapping, its fine, but u should do the dungeons bigger and more difficult. Also many wild pokémon appear, i think u should lower that.
                                    And please, change the graphics xD
                                    Good luck!
                                    __________________





                                      #49    
                                    Old March 14th, 2008 (1:39 PM).
                                    destinedjagold's Avatar
                                    destinedjagold destinedjagold is online now
                                    Oh Hai Thar~
                                    • Silver Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2007
                                    Location: Philippines
                                    Age: 26
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Careful
                                    Posts: 8,547
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
                                    wow jagold very nice some questions,will you edit the start of the battle? i mean when the player throws the pokeball,also i think you should edit he side view of pikachu it looks fat,and good luck and hope you will finish this hack like you did with your last one
                                    I already edited those parts, Lupe. :D
                                    Thanks. =3

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
                                    Jagold I once posted about a page back if I can do some maps and never answered so what do you think
                                    Erm.., yeah, I think I saw that post, but I think I'm cool with mapping by myself, thogh. Thanks! =3

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Keyrin View Post
                                    Hm... By the way, Jagold, why is the game called Rescue Rangers (sorry if I missed it somewhere in your thread)? I just wanted to know, because Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Pokémon Ranger are totally different...

                                    Anyway, hope to get some nice requests for sprites here!
                                    Good lucK!
                                    Actually, the first plan I had was to make a PKMN Ranger style hack where the player is a human and rescues other PKMN...
                                    But then I got inspired in doing a PMN styled hack when I saw the trailer of PMD 2... And Rescue Rangers didn't came from both POKéMON games, though... The name came from one of the Disney Channel Cartoon Series 'Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers'...

                                    Thanks! =3

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by MudMast View Post
                                    you could rename the trainer card to something else

                                    and if you die you are in hall of fame...

                                    you could change credits to 'some being brought back to life thing'

                                    on trainer card, the 'hall of fame thing' could be changed or removed (somehow)
                                    or made into a 'how many times failed in dungeon'

                                    just some things...
                                    This is still a beta, btw... There will be changes...

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by wolverfrog View Post
                                    i was wondering, wouldn't it have been easier to make a hack out of red rescue team? then you wouldn't have had to majorly edit it.
                                    I don't think it's easy to hack PKMN Mystery Dungeon games, though... :\

                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Xiros View Post
                                    I haven't finished the beta yet, but i can tell u that this hack is great!
                                    I love the idea, its amazing, and the events are good.
                                    About mapping, its fine, but u should do the dungeons bigger and more difficult. Also many wild pokémon appear, i think u should lower that.
                                    And please, change the graphics xD
                                    Good luck!
                                    The graphics will be changed. =3
                                    But that's not too important as of now... Mapping, Scripting, Spriting and Plot are the important things I should orry most for the time being. xD
                                    But thanks. =3
                                    __________________


                                    FC: 0061-1111-6462
                                    TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                                      #50    
                                    Old March 14th, 2008 (2:00 PM).
                                    wolverfrog's Avatar
                                    wolverfrog wolverfrog is offline
                                    Working on a Hack
                                       
                                      Join Date: Feb 2008
                                      Location: England
                                      Age: 22
                                      Gender:
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 119
                                      [quote=destinedjagold;3401603]

                                      II don't think it's easy to hack PKMN Mystery Dungeon games, though... :\

                                      now that you come to mention it, i don't think iv' ever heard of a md hack, which is a shame beause it would be pretty interesting yet hard i suppose...
                                      __________________
                                      hacks i support-
                                      My own Hack- Pokemon Law Enforcement



                                      my favourate hackers-
                                      zel, destinedjagold, earthvisitor-make a great hack and you'll be on this list too!

                                      hack i'm working on-

                                      Making my own Hack-Pokemon Law Enforcement
                                      Status-Pre-Beta stage


                                      Closed Thread

                                      Quick Reply

                                      Join the conversation!

                                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                      Sponsored Links
                                      Thread Tools

                                      Posting Rules
                                      You may not post new threads
                                      You may not post replies
                                      You may not post attachments
                                      You may not edit your posts

                                      BB code is On
                                      Smilies are On
                                      [IMG] code is On
                                      HTML code is Off

                                      Forum Jump


                                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:53 PM.