• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The "clan" Organization thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016

The Clan – Organization Thread v.4

Introduction to The Clan

The Clan is a group of competitive and friendly pokemon players. We strive to improve and be the best just like any other clan. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place for Clan members to seek within-clan battles, discuss upcoming or current Clan events, for others to seek membership or challenge the clan as a whole, and to provide a resource for members.

While we are perfectly willing to aid new players and battle them, our aim is to be a group of talented and experienced players, and that is primarily what we will look for in new members.

Welcome the returning leader

Glad to be back and glad to see so many people have taken the interest in this clan. Thank you to Okami for keeping this alive. I know you'll be back

Shoddy battle

I would like to expand the clan onto shoddy battle. Would be a great way to test out teams for wifi battles and will be much easier to teach and help players get better with direct interaction. If you have/are getting shoddy battle, Please post your shoddy battle name.

New Members
    Welcome Loto to the clan.

Current News
    2/23 - I am now available for contact via AIM by the name 'celestial 0kami'. Don't abuse it or you will lose it!

Current Clan Events
    Title - None.
    Event Coordinators: None.
    Details: None.
    Prizes: None.
    Link: None.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

How to Join

This is not an organization for new players, and not for those who cannot behave themselves.

In order to join, you need to show that you have skill in pokemon battling and can act maturely. Contact one of the Clan Leaders in the list below and ask to be admitted. You will then battle under conditions set by that person. If your battle sufficiently proves your skill or if you have previously demonstrated your skill to the tester in other battles, then you will be admitted. Admittance is not necessarily determined by your victory.

If you have any questions on what kinds of things you can do to show your skill, talk to any clan member, but especially talk to Recruiters or the Leader. If the person who is testing you does not give any battle conditions, assume the following clauses are in effect: Sleep, Evasion, Uber, OHKO, and Species (details on clauses below).

Contact list - celestial_okami, Loto, Name, Pkmn Breeder Jack, SharinganFlames
    Please only contact these people if you have questions. If you are looking for a test battle please just post in this thread.

Clan positions

If you are interested in taking up one of the following positions, please contact the Leader or a Recruiter.

The Leader decides the rules and approves clan decisions.
    Recruiters may add members to the clan and assist in its management.
    Event coordinators have the responsibility of running clan events.

Providers supply items, pokemon, or services for clan distribution or events.
    Graphics directors create and submit graphics for clan members, events, and the front page.

Clan Rules Page

We in the Clan have a reputation to uphold as civilized, reputable, and dedicated pokemon battlers. As such, we ask that you abide by these rules when representing the clan in this forum and in other circumstances, (except when they would conflict in which case we ask you to abide by the rules of the forum or other location you are representing the clan in). Failure to abide by the rules can get you warned or kicked from the clan.

1. Declare your membership in your signature.
    2. Be respectful of other clan members, other clans, and non-clan members.
    3. No deceit.
    4. If you use a piece or hardware or software to create or modify pokemon (a method commonly known as 'hacking'), you will not use said pokemon unless your opponent gives informed consent to their use.

5. Remain active in the Clan - (See spoiler)
    Spoiler:

6. Show proper battle etiquette. - (See spoiler)
    Spoiler:

7. Clan wars: I know this is something alot of people want to do. Sadly I personally am not a fan of them, So unless someone can give me a perfectly good reason as for why we should go to war with another clan, There will be NO clan wars in relation to this clan.

Clan Benefits
    Being in the clan provides you certain benefits.

1. Ability to participate in clan-only events.
    2. A handy place to post when you want to battle people from this clan.
    3. Access to advice on team building or tweaking from other skilled battlers.
    4. Access to free items, pokemon, and breeding and EV training services.
    5. Increase in social status and self-esteem from being part of an ingroup. =P

Please contact the following people in regards to free services:
    I = Items, P = Pokemon, B = Breeding, T = Training.

Spoiler:

Distribution of free items, pokemon, and breeding and training services is not unlimited. It takes these people time to do these for you, and they are not obligated to respond to any request given to them 'lest they be swamped with such requests. Each person may have their own system or conditions and may ask you to fulfill their requests before they fulfill yours.

Pokemon Resources

Clauses
    Wi-Fi battles often involve player-enforced clauses which seek to balance the game to be more fair. Here they are for your reference.
    Spoiler:

All clan battles use the following clauses by default - Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Species, and Uber.

Simple Tier Explanation
    Spoiler:

Smogon's tier list is probably the most reliable at this point given the community dedicated to the metagame there, but feel free to discuss with your battle partner if you believe a pokemon should be allowed in your battle which a tier list would exclude.

Other Pokemon Sites and Tools

Here are some resources for the aspiring pokmon master. Please note that neither Pokemon Community forum staff nor myself can vouch for the accuracy or content of material presented on these other sites. This is the internet of course, but just thought I would give you a reminder.

Also, I have developed a damage calculator spreadsheet in Excel that could prove useful, and I have included many comments so that you can understand what each entry is for.

Spoiler:

Clan Members
    Head Leader - Nightofshadow/Richard Lynch
    Second in command - Loto, Name, Pkmn Breeder Jack, SharinganFlames
    Regular members - Alakazam17, DarkSpace, Ichaste Pekoni, Kuro, Lady Nicole, Lost Heart, Lumine, Mike Ukiuki, Shinypoke666, silver%, TheSharinganWar, Umanouski, Xairmo.
    Missing / Inactive Members - _Prince_, Auraoa, c_dog, Forced, Kittyipawd (formerly TDB_leader), Ooka, Sabaku no Gaara, Shiraishi, sims796, Tortured_Soul, Warheart.

Banners
    Here are some banners made by clan members to put in your signature
    (just add IMG tags around the code)

Code:
    #1 - https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/Ooka_100/theclan2.png
    #2 - https://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5146/clanban2tu8.gif
    #3 - https://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u54/Ooka_100/the-clan-1.png
    #4 - https://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6060/clanban3xi6.gif
    #2, 3 - Artwork by Zaikudo
    #4 - Adapted from sir2ch rakugaki board.

-Credit for front page design goes to Ooka-

Last edited:

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
    Years
    Yay first post. Well I'm glad we have a leader once again and I'll still be here acting as a recruiter.

Also lets try to be more active this time around everyone.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I have a question, as I of course have become very interested in this clan.

Is there any other form of getting in? Unfortunately long story short I can't battle, but I was just wondering any and all possible forms of becoming a member. Thank you!

Last edited:

Mike Ukiuki

Fight me if you dare.
    Years
    Sure I am active alot. Sniff sniff :( sorry just sad that Okami is gone he was the best.

Well we will all miss Okami alot. It will be hard to know that okami is not the leader.

I would like to be a Recruiter but I don't know I never asked.

I am re-joining to so I am in the clan.

Last edited:

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Later tonight ill make up new clan rules and stuff. So be on the look out for that.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    ..WHAT THE HELL?! O___o;

OMG I'M TOTALLY REJOINING AND STUFF DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN PICKED UP MY DS AT ALL SINCE JANUARY ASIDE FROM LIKE, THAT ONE TIME WHEN I WAS BORED AT 2 AM AND KINDA DRUNK, AND THE LITTLE COLORFUL 2-D ASIAN FIGHTING MONSTERS ENSLAVED IN CAPSULE-LIKE BALLS FIGHTING EACHOTHER TO THE POINT WHERE THEY PASS OUT FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT SEEMED KINDA INTERESTING BUT THEN I GOT DISTRACTED BY IT AND STARTED WATCHING PULP FICTION AGAIN, BUT NIGHTOFSHADOW IS BACK AND EVEN THOUGH HE BLOCKED ME ON MSN A WHILE AGO AFTER I WAS HARASSING HIM BECAUSE I FOUND OUT HE WAS ACTUALLY A DUDE AND NOT A GIRL, AND I FELT TOTALLY GAY AND STUFF AFTER THAN FOR HAVING BEEN CRUSHING ON HIM FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE I FOUND OUT, AND THAT ONE TIME ME AND SIMS WERE TOTALLY GOING AT EACHOTHER BECAUSE WE BOTH THOUGHT YOU WERE HOT EVEN THOUGH NEITHER OF US KNEW WHAT YOU ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE, AND THEN I TOLD HIM YOU WERE A GUY AND HE WAS ALL LIKE "EW" AND I WAS ALL LIKE "YAH TTLY," AND I'M RE-JOINING AGAIN! 8DDD

So leik yah. Add me back plz.

Oh, and: HAI SWEETIE!! 8DD

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    ..WHAT THE HELL?! O___o;

OMG I'M TOTALLY REJOINING AND STUFF DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN PICKED UP MY DS AT ALL SINCE JANUARY ASIDE FROM LIKE, THAT ONE TIME WHEN I WAS BORED AT 2 AM AND KINDA DRUNK, AND THE LITTLE COLORFUL 2-D ASIAN FIGHTING MONSTERS ENSLAVED IN CAPSULE-LIKE BALLS FIGHTING EACHOTHER TO THE POINT WHERE THEY PASS OUT FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT SEEMED KINDA INTERESTING BUT THEN I GOT DISTRACTED BY IT AND STARTED WATCHING PULP FICTION AGAIN, BUT NIGHTOFSHADOW IS BACK AND EVEN THOUGH HE BLOCKED ME ON MSN A WHILE AGO AFTER I WAS HARASSING HIM BECAUSE I FOUND OUT HE WAS ACTUALLY A DUDE AND NOT A GIRL, AND I FELT TOTALLY GAY AND STUFF AFTER THAN FOR HAVING BEEN CRUSHING ON HIM FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE I FOUND OUT, AND THAT ONE TIME ME AND SIMS WERE TOTALLY GOING AT EACHOTHER BECAUSE WE BOTH THOUGHT YOU WERE HOT EVEN THOUGH NEITHER OF US KNEW WHAT YOU ACTUALLY LOOKED LIKE, AND THEN I TOLD HIM YOU WERE A GUY AND HE WAS ALL LIKE "EW" AND I WAS ALL LIKE "YAH TTLY," AND I'M RE-JOINING AGAIN! 8DDD

LOL, that msn message was me talking about a friend, Not myself lol. You should have asked instead of assumed. Laying the facts to rest, Nightofshadow IS female lol

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    LOL, that msn message was me talking about a friend, Not myself lol. You should have asked instead of assumed. Laying the facts to rest, Nightofshadow IS female lol

NO! I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO LOOK AT YOU THE SAME WAY AGAIN AFTER THAT >O

..k dude, you can like..unblock me now plz.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    hahahahhaha I must say that was hilarious to read, except for all the caps...

Anyways, just thought I'd put in a note to NoS, that V.3 is up there in the post, I know you'll be editing later but just remember that ;D

And hopefully you'll answer my question with your edits ;D thanks again!

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    ..WHAT THE HELL?! O___o;

Toki for the last time, lay off the crack! >0
    Hehe toki is a Flamer!! Ew being gay is like totally nasty! Go bewbs! [/randumbhumor]

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Toki for the last time, lay off the crack! >0
    Hehe toki is a Flamer!! Ew being gay is like totally nasty! Go bewbs! [/randumbhumor]

Yah srsly <3

..That hurts so much more having come from you ;_;

I've been clean for *going on* 3 months..you know that T_T

Xairmo

Years
    Yah srsly <3

..That hurts so much more having come from you ;_;

I've been clean for *going on* 3 months..you know that T_T

God toki is such a Queen, youd so be a femme and a bottom
    Come on toki be butch! try and act like a lesbian!
    Pffft toki is not clean, he will never be clean!

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    God toki is such a Queen, youd so be a femme and a bottom
    Come on toki be butch! try and act like a lesbian!
    Pffft toki is not clean, he will never be clean!

OH?! WELL IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE >O

Wait..DAMMIT >_<

..Xairmo, I think you should just stfu. Right now. <_<

..Plus if you could stop calling me Toki, that would be awesome. I haven't had that username since like, 6 months ago, and my name is Michael. You know that..we've been over this several times before T_T

Xairmo

Years
    OH?! WELL IT TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE >O

Wait..DAMMIT >_<

..Xairmo, I think you should just stfu. Right now. <_<

..Plus if you could stop calling me Toki, that would be awesome. I haven't had that username since like, 6 months ago, and my name is Michael. You know that..we've been over this several times before T_T
    YOU ADMITTED IT TOKI! So the truth finally comes out, and so did you XD [/gayhumor]
    Bring it on toki! bring it on T_T
    Fine i'll call you Michael, okay toki? :D

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Wait, so am I still a recruiter or not? If not, then do I need a recruiter to re-test me?

Years
    I think it would go without saying that I'm still in...

And I'd like to keep my job as a recruiter, if no one minds. ;)

Xairmo and Murderface/Michael, could we try and stay, like, PG in our posts? You're going a bit overboard, even if it's funny. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back