Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Draconius GO

Old March 21st, 2008 (12:05 PM).
The Land Snake Pokemon

Hey! I've decided to come out of writiong retirement!

This fanfic will be much different from Coherence. I'm using the Japanese Names of Pokemon, Attacks, Abilities, Items, locations, and human names. It will alos incorperate Japanese Honorfics.

Ayumu and Kana are are two girls who get caught up in the superrnatural aspects of the Pokemon world. Spirits(Not Ghost Types) and Psychics will be abundant, as both exist in the canon(videogame) Pokemon world.

I just need to know if there is a special honorfic used for Mikos(Priestesses).

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 21st, 2008 (1:36 PM).
    Banned

nah, "miko" could practically be treated like a name and have any honorific added to it. Though given the situations where most people would talk to one, the most commonly seen phrases would be "miko-san", or "miko-sama" if someone acts extremely respectful towards them.
      Old March 21st, 2008 (1:44 PM).
      The Land Snake Pokemon

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
        nah, "miko" could practically be treated like a name and have any honorific added to it. Though given the situations where most people would talk to one, the most commonly seen phrases would be "miko-san", or "miko-sama" if someone acts extremely respectful towards them.
        Okay, thanks

So, does the fic sound even a little interesting?

I need to add more info, but I don't want to spoil anything...

Old March 21st, 2008 (10:42 PM).
        Banned

meh.... if you know me (and I think you do... I've seen you in the Fanfic Lounge a number of times now), you'd know that I usually don't give my time of day to narratives. But word of warning: I hope you're not thinking your story will be great because you use Japanese names and take advantage of Pokemon's native setting. I mean, I invoke such things in my writing as well, but I've also given a lot of thought to my stories' outline and character development and whatnot.
          Old March 22nd, 2008 (4:23 AM).
          The Land Snake Pokemon

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
            meh.... if you know me (and I think you do... I've seen you in the Fanfic Lounge a number of times now), you'd know that I usually don't give my time of day to narratives. But word of warning: I hope you're not thinking your story will be great because you use Japanese names and take advantage of Pokemon's native setting. I mean, I invoke such things in my writing as well, but I've also given a lot of thought to my stories' outline and character development and whatnot.
            I know better than that XD

I just like the Japanese names better, even though I use the English ones more often (Except for D/P Pokemon). I also feel like the use of Honorfics will help put the emphisis on the strong friendship between teh two main characters. There's only so much you can do with "That's right grrrrrrrlfriend!!!!1111one" rather than "That's a great idea, Ayu-chan!"

Quick Reply