• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gofre's poetry thread

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Hi all, I have decided to start up a poetry thread. Not for any particular reason, just because i used to write a lot so I thought I'd try again. Not in mood for a big emotional poem, so we'll start with something fun.

Haiku, Entitled Welcome

Welcome to my thread
It will soon be full of the
Nonsense in my head

Ok ive decided to organise poems into categories. For now here's my first, a haiku entitled Doves. I have to go but i will add a commentary about each poem when I get back and have time.

Haikus
Doves
Spoiler:

Untitled
Spoiler:

Sonnets
Keeping Pace
Spoiler:

Freeverse
Leanne
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2009
83 I'm excited you made this thread~ <33
n_n I can't wait for you to post your sonnet, but!
I liked your Haiku alot.

;-; Words are usually always unclean once they leave your head. It's really true~
So good work with that. I thought it was deep ^^

Ah, I'll come back and give you better feedback. D:
But do keep writing~

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Yay someone actually likes it :)
Thanx for the interest, I should have the sonnet finished soon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 3, 2023
Gofre writes DEH Potreies!!>!>

Well, now thats over with, I kinda like the Doves one. You have to read it multiple times to get the true meaning, very nice [/borat].

Now I'm no expert at poetry.... or even an apprentice, but I still think that this thread will have a lot of good poems (I am waiting for the next one >.<). Nice work!

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Hehe thankyou very much, im glad that people like what I'm doing. I'll commentary to Doves will be posted soon.

My sonnet is up, entitled Keeping Pace. I dont know how people will percieve it, I hope that the posetive side of it can be seen.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
That sonnet is amazing, id really like to read more work from you =]

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Aha thanks dude, it really means a lot to me that people like what im writing. I dont actually think I'm that good, so support is nice. However if you dont like it please say, I dont wanna be getting on my high horse :)
I working on another poem, inspired by Robert Frost's Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening, which is my favorite poem of all time. It follows the same scheme (AABA, with the B in the first stanza becoming the A in the next one), with the exception of the last stanza, which instead of being AAAA maintains the AABA to keep the rhythm going. However the tone is much darker, but im pretty confident i like this one. We will see, it's not done yet. I'll leave you with the working title; Snakebite (Not to be taken literally)

Thankyou very much for your support everyone :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2008
I do a lot of writing myself, and I can tell you this, that sonnet is one amazing piece.

I completely agree with you on our free-will as humans, and not to blame religion, etc, for our faults.

So yea dude, if you got anything else, I'd like to see it, because that's some pretty incredible stuff right there.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Whey thankyou man, always good to get some support :)
My freeverse will be up soon, possibly tomorrow. new title though; Leanne

Years
it seems very child like to me. don't mean to sound offensive, but i feel you need to push the boundries a bit, approach poetry from a different angle, yet taking on traditional rules...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
If you had read the commentary, you would know its meant to sound childlike. I wanted the tone of the poem to represent how childish the main themes are. I also did not want this poem to flow, as I thought that pentameter would make readers concentrate more on the rhythm than the poem itself. I appreciate the criticism, but it was deliberate.

EDIT: Next poem up soon, just need to get my computer back from being fixed.

Years
Both the haiku and sonnet were wonderful! X3

The haiku was beautiful and full of pretty imagery.

The sonnet was very deep. I felt the rhythm get off a few times, but most of the rhythm was great. Great rhyming, too. My favorite part in it was ,"Humans I mean, a species so frail,Together we work, divided we fail." I feel a "cool"ness in it. I got like a feeling of excitement from it or something. I can't describe it....XD

Anyway, please continue writing! You're very good! =D

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Ah thankyou very much for your support guys, the next poem will be up when i get my computer back from maintenance, which is hopefully tomorrow :)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
New poem up, hope you enjoy it.
Oh and it may still be edited, I am yet to get my computer back so this was not the finalised version.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Hehe thanks very much. However im not fully satisfied with it now it's posted, and am currently drafting some changes

Years
Ha, what an interesting way to tell a story. xD Loved it!
The rhythm was much better~ I liked the simplicity of it. : 3

Back