• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First PC Summer Ball

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
Alright, this I suppose is another idea similar to that of The Cafe. It's a place to relax while you wait for people to post in other RP's You don't rally need a bio or anything, it can be one of your characters from any RP anywhere and we don't really need to know about thier past, personality, etc. Just come as you are and have fun! Anyway, hopefully this'll be popular enough to warrant a Ball for each season.

Now, onto the setting: The ball itself is being held in the Shaidennan Imperial Palace and surrounding area. It's set by the coast, so you've got your basic beach there. The Amaltian mountains are but a short distance away, and the city of Alqualonde is nearby. The Palace grounds themselves have gardens, fountains, labyrinths, and many hidden nooks. The Palace proper is a massive creation of white granite, built in a Greco-Roman revival style. The first floor contains guest rooms, a massive reception area, and the still larger Great Hall. The second floor is home to the administrative offices of Shaidenno and are locked, athough the interconnecting halls may still be wandered. The second floor also contains the only public restroms in the place. The third floor holds a massive entertainment facility, including ibrary, gymnasium, running track, pool, and video arcade. The fourth floor and up are restricted to all but palace residents and those with specific permission from the former. The kitchens are in the basement. The music will of course start out with the Summer suite from The Four Seasons. Now, without furthe ado, the Ball is open!

Damian Merrel paced impatiently around the front doors of the palace, arms tucked behind his back. The guests were late, and punctuality being something he prized, his annoyance was understandable.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
Paige entered the doors nervously. Balls were something she dreaded, as she hated large groups of people. She was rather shy.

Her flowing white gown swirled around her as she surveyed the reception area. There was a single pacing man.

~Ozy~

Years
Dane looked up, muttering "Finally." He composed his face and made a polite bow to the young woman sayin "Might I inquire as to your name, milady?"

~Ozy~

Years
A frown flashed across his face briefly before he regained his composure and said "Damian Merrel, dear lady. And indeed, you are the first to arrive."

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
Paige shifted uncomfortably. She wasn't one for small talk, and wished another guest would arrive.

She sighed and said, "I'm sorry if I'm a bore, my Lord. I don't exactly relish the annual balls..."

~Ozy~

Years
"To be honest" Damian grinned "Neither do I. Dreadful affairs. So much effort for no seeming result." He added, still smiling "Besides, I'm afraid I don't know you well enough to decide if you're a bore." His face fell and he continued "I certainly know enough of them and so far you seem different."

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
Nat smiled. She heard music playing in the backround. In an uncharacteristic moment, she asked "Are you obliged to stay here? Or would you like to accompany me to the Ball?"

~Ozy~

Years
Bowing again, Damian said "By no means must I saty here, milady. I'd love to join you." Walking over a bit closer, he offered her his arm.

~Ozy~

Years
THe pair walked into the Great hall as the music reached a crescendo. Damian smiled and said "I do hope you can dance, milady."

~Ozy~

Years
Damian smiled, and took his position as well, tucking his hand into the small of her back and gently gripping the other befor them.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
Nat allowed Damian to take the lead, as was customary. She was thouroghly enjoying herself. She smiled and moved in a bit closer. She told herself it was to make the dance more smooth, but she wasn't sure.

~Ozy~

Years
Damian noted the move and smiled, calmly moving through the dance. He leaned down a bit and said "A bit, Lady Nat? It seems otherwise to me." He was feeling more anxious than he should be and feared he knew the cause.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
OOC: Hehe, I only just realized my character's name has changed! Oopsie!!

IC: Nat smiled and blushed. There was a funny lurch in the pit of her stomach she couldn't explain. She bit her lower lip as she looked up to Damian's face. "How does it seem then, Lord Damian?"

~Ozy~

Years
"It seems, milady" Damian began "That you have danced a great deal." He reached up with his left hand and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, unsure of the reason to the proverbial rhyme.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
Nat laughed softly. "Well you see my lord, my mother always insisted I learn to dance. 'Someday you'll meet a fine gentleman at one of these balls!' I never did believe her.... but tonight may change things, who knows." she added, blushing a great deal now as the feeling in her stomach elevated.

~Ozy~

Years
Damian's stomach gave a great jolt at these words and he was sure that he didn't manage to entirely control the emotion. Smiling nervously, he said "I'm afraid that I'm not exactly a fine gentleman, Lady."

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
"I never did intend on living out mother's dreams either!" Nat laughed. Perhaps the ball would be alright.

More guests had begun to arrive and the sounds of chatter filled the room.

Back