• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Post Your Problems Thread

Are these answers helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • For a Pokemon forum

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
  • Seeing that the other thread was popular, we're making a new one and stickying it! :D
    But this time, there will be some rules. Please read them first.

• Follow standard OC rules.
    • Please don't use this thread to vent.
    • No one liners.
    • Do not post stupid problems or problems that can't be solved. Ex: "I'm turning 16! Help!!" "I didn't study for a test tomorrow!" "I've been diagnosed with _____"
    • Do not post stupid answers.
    • Respect other members and their problems.

These rules may be modified as seems fit. Hopefully your problems will be solved. (b'-')b

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Well, I guess I'll start off. There is this girl I like (soo original..) and we were at one point really close friends. Just one problem to that, she is one of the "popular" kids and whenever I am around them, she completely ignores me.

This came into play a few weeks ago, she invited me to the movies with those 'friends' telling me that I would have fun... it was the least bit enjoyable. At first I thought it was going to be OK, everyone (at first) I saw greeted me and kinda talked to me, then we met up with her and her boyfriend.

Just to clue you guys in, I hate her boyfriend for three reasons 1. he normally gets a lot of girls (I don't), 2. I think his a.... [profane]....., and 3. he has the same first name + last initial as I do.

It was OK when we first said hi to them, but it just went downhill from there. I was pushed to the back of everything, conversations, food (decisions or something like that?), and other stuff. They even changed the movie on me AFTER I bought the ticket for the one I thought we were all gonna see (I had to eavesdrop to actually figure this out). The movie was terrible, I sat next to no one, and no one even realized that I left.

For the past two weeks I have been ignoring her to try and figure a way to straighten this out, I have come up with no solutions. What should I do... Stay friends with her? Talk to her... but not necessarily as a friend? Or should I just forget about her altogether?

P.S.-When I said Good friends, I meant REALLY good friends.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I would talk to her but not as a friend. Tell her how you were left out and didn't have a good time and ask her if she even noticed you and left. If she was bothered about you being there she would have noticed you were missing.

She doesn't treat you like much of a friend at all. Ignoring someone and not talking to you when she invited you is wrong. I think she is selfish and you should just be with the friends you know will talk to you and not leave you out.

People change. You could have been the best of friends but now that one of you have changed you have got different intrests. You dan't want to leave all the rest of your friends out for her or you will end up losing them aswell. I think losing her as a friend would be better than losing all your other friends because they felt ignored.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, I guess I'll start off. There is this girl I like (soo original..) and we were at one point really close friends. Just one problem to that, she is one of the "popular" kids and whenever I am around them, she completely ignores me. [/B]

That's what happens with some people. They're scared what their 'cool' friends will think if they hang out with someone who isn't classified as cool. Most are just scared that the 'cool' kids won't hang out with them anymore.

This came into play a few weeks ago, she invited me to the movies with those 'friends' telling me that I would have fun... it was the least bit enjoyable. At first I thought it was going to be OK, everyone (at first) I saw greeted me and kinda talked to me, then we met up with her and her boyfriend.

So she has a boyfriend.

Just to clue you guys in, I hate her boyfriend for three reasons 1. he normally gets a lot of girls (I don't), 2. I think his a.... [profane]....., and 3. he has the same first name + last initial as I do.

Okay. Those are three pretty horrifically stereotypical reasons for hating someone. He could be a really nice guy who just gets lucky with the ladies, none of your reasons are good enough to actually dislike him.

It was OK when we first said hi to them, but it just went downhill from there. I was pushed to the back of everything, conversations, food (decisions or something like that?), and other stuff. They even changed the movie on me AFTER I bought the ticket for the one I thought we were all gonna see (I had to eavesdrop to actually figure this out). The movie was terrible, I sat next to no one, and no one even realized that I left.[/B]

It's called elitism. Your friend has new friends that think they're better than everyone and she has to act that way too if she wants to keep hanging out with them, even f it means being mean to you.

For the past two weeks I have been ignoring her to try and figure a way to straighten this out, I have come up with no solutions. What should I do... Stay friends with her? Talk to her... but not necessarily as a friend? Or should I just forget about her altogether?

Forget her? Just tell her she's treating you unfairly, normally makes elitists see the error of their ways.

Last edited:

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Alright, I have a severe problems that i cant fix,
    1.Im burning out horribly
    2.And since I was burning out, I got sent to nowhere wyoming, and I dont get along with my grandpa at all, thats who I live with now, and I have the money to get a plane ticket, so Im about to be 17, but once I leave Im a runaway, but I also have a place the authorites cant find me, so I could wait it out till im 18 and lose the charge.
    But then I figure ill just get my G.E.D and join the army....
    When I say I dont get along with my grandpa, I mean I DONT GET ALONG WITH HIM AT ALL!!!! I mean i no wuss, but he's threating to beat me and Im not scared but if I hit him back ill end up getting some bs charge because I have a history...

What should I do

Oh and Ben, just leave her alone, she'll end up breaking up with the guy, realize her friends arent that great, and then want to apologize, but dont succumb, tell her if she was really your friend she wouldnt have been a..um not nice person

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • I'm really opposed on the idea to run away; I feel that this will just spur even more complications with your grandfather or any other members of your family. Really, don't do it. I've done it before and it only made matters even worse. Moreover, I ask of you not to become physical with him because of not only of your "history," which will add more of, but I'm going to assume that your grandfather is an elder, which I believe that some psychological issues could result.

Stay onto the track of receiving your GED. It shouldn't take that long on getting it. And if you really want to enlist into any branch of the military, you really should stay out of trouble because your criminal history plays a large role when getting started and it starts when being interviewed by an army recruiter. The federal law will investigate your records, even juvenile records. I'm heading towards the army too, but since I'm 18 and if I do anything which offends the law, I can be charged as an adult. Not everyone has the right to join the army.

I hope things become better with your grandfather, dear.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    I understand where your coming from, but its him trying to get physical, not me..and I was a runaway half the summer, thats another reason Im here..and my charges arent anything bad, just an assualt charge for beating up some dude who hit one of my girl friends, and few things for weed and stuff so idk.....thanks for the feedback, you gave me some thing to think about

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
  • I can't do matrices. I can't do it at all :'( Omg... I really need help with transformations. Can someone do this question and show all the working?

The transformation T of the plane is equivalent to a reflection in the line y = x followed by a translation in which the point (x, y) is translated to the point (x +1, y + 2).
    a) Find the 3x3 matrix representing T.
    b) Show that T has no fixed points.

Yeah, it's a simple question and I can't even do those :'( Matrices is not my strongest point, I have to say.

But when I try to get T I end up with a 2x2 for the reflection and a 3x3 for the translation, so I can't multiply them. Do I need to put in an extra line or something on the 2x2? (Yeah, I've got no idea about matrices) And I don't really get what it means when it says "the point (x, y) is translated to the point (x + 1, y + 2)." Why does it say point and not line? Does that mean the origin or what? *confused*

I've ended up with:
    (0 1)
    (1 0)
    for the reflection
    and
    (1 0 -1)
    (0 1 -2)
    (0 0 1)
    for the translation

That's completely wrong isn't it? I honestly have no idea about matrices... Omg. Missing the whole topic of matrices doesn't help :'(

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Oh, wow.

Okaaay. So in the last thread, I had a love thing going on.
    Click to get the story.

Okay, so yesterday, we went for a walk around the lake by her house. We joked around, and we sat down on some rocks and talked for a long time. We started walking back to her house, and about half way there (still around the lake), we stopped. We talked about how she thinks I should cut my hair, and then she said, "...If I do something, will you promise to not tell anyone?"
    "Of course, yeah."

Then there was a long pause.

"What would you do if I just kissed you?"

wtf.

"Uh, I don't know..." (At this point, I couldn't look at her, I was shocked as a mofo.)

"Would you let me?"

"...Yeah... I guess."

Then she walked forward, put her arms around me, and kissed me (not open-mouth kthx, which lasted about 3-5 seconds).

"...Okay then."
    I had no idea what to say. Seriously.
    And that was my first kiss. D: (I'm lame like that)

We walked back to her house, chilled, and her sister gave me a ride back home.

Okay, this may sound really "aww" to a lot of you, but...
    she doesn't like me.

This is the part that's hard to explain. Which I totally don't know how.

Honestly, can something really happen? I'm confused beyond belief.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    then just try to forget about it all since she's obviously

1. Messing around with you.
    2. She just wants -some-.

In any case, it's not worth your time unless your feelings for each other are mutual.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • I can't do matrices. I can't do it at all :'( Omg... I really need help with transformations. Can someone do this question and show all the working?

The transformation T of the plane is equivalent to a reflection in the line y = x followed by a translation in which the point (x, y) is translated to the point (x +1, y + 2).
    a) Find the 3x3 matrix representing T.
    b) Show that T has no fixed points.

Yeah, it's a simple question and I can't even do those :'( Matrices is not my strongest point, I have to say.

But when I try to get T I end up with a 2x2 for the reflection and a 3x3 for the translation, so I can't multiply them. Do I need to put in an extra line or something on the 2x2? (Yeah, I've got no idea about matrices) And I don't really get what it means when it says "the point (x, y) is translated to the point (x + 1, y + 2)." Why does it say point and not line? Does that mean the origin or what? *confused*

I've ended up with:
    (0 1)
    (1 0)
    for the reflection
    and
    (1 0 -1)
    (0 1 -2)
    (0 0 1)
    for the translation

That's completely wrong isn't it? I honestly have no idea about matrices... Omg. Missing the whole topic of matrices doesn't help :'(

Well Nicole I tried another way and considering an arbitrary point (x,y). Which mean applying T would transform (x,y) into (y,x) then into (y+1,x+2).

Consider the base for R^2 {(1,0),(0,1)}.
    Then, applying T gives us

T((1,0)) = (1,3) and T((0,1)) = (2,2).

Thus, the matrix transformation would be

[ 1 2 ]
    [ 3 2 ]

Since T((1,0)) = (1,3) = 1(1,0)+3(0,1) and
    T((0,1)) = (2,2) = 2(1,0)+2(0,1). This is in the matrix representation wrt.
    (Not sure here)

As for the next question suppose (x,y) is a fixed point. Then T((x,y)) = (x,y).

But by above T((x,y)) = (y+1,x+2).

Hence, by equality of points in R^2:

x=y+1
    y=x+2

Adding these will give you

x+y = y+x+3

In other words it's not possible.

Yuzix

Master artist in the making
    Years
  • Okaaay. So in the last thread, I had a love thing going on.
    Click to get the story.

Okay, so yesterday, we went for a walk around the lake by her house. We joked around, and we sat down on some rocks and talked for a long time. We started walking back to her house, and about half way there (still around the lake), we stopped. We talked about how she thinks I should cut my hair, and then she said, "...If I do something, will you promise to not tell anyone?"
    "Of course, yeah."

wtf.

"Uh, I don't know..." (At this point, I couldn't look at her, I was shocked as a mofo.)

"Would you let me?"

"...Yeah... I guess."

Then she walked forward, put her arms around me, and kissed me (not open-mouth kthx, which lasted about 3-5 seconds).

"...Okay then."

she doesn't like me.

If you know for a fact that she does not like you then i'd ignore that ever happening. What kind of a relationship do you have with this girl?

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • If you know for a fact that she does not like you then i'd ignore that ever happening. What kind of a relationship do you have with this girl?

She's my best friend. *Making things awkward, but today we were back to normal*

Amachi. NO. She's not that kind of person at all. She doesn't go around kissing people. The only person besides me that she's kissed is her ex-boyfriend.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Hmmm... I'm not so good at reading people, but I'd say that she likes you. Try going on 1 date together, just ask her if she just wants to try it out, as friends.

Yeah, I know, I'm not so good with this stuff.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Okaaay. So in the last thread, I had a love thing going on.
    Click to get the story.

"Of course, yeah."

wtf.

"Would you let me?"

"...Yeah... I guess."

"...Okay then."

she doesn't like me.

It means that when she said she didn't like you, she was lying.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Not really... lots of people will make out with anyone just for the sole purpose of enjoyment or out of boredom. Especially those who have already once been in a relationship. Kinda speaking from experience here....

Besides if you were going to kiss someone as if you actually meant it.. you probably wouldn't give a 3 second peck.. that's comparatively lame.

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    I agree with jaimes, Ive made out with women with out thinking ya know ooh i like you blah blah

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Well, that's you. My personal opinion is that going around doing that is really screwed up. It's called Lust. I'm sure you've heard of it (besides from that anime show). She felt that she was giving back what I gave her (which is, support, friendship, a lot of other stuff). I haven't mentioned this before, because everyone will think that I'm a total loser who can't get a girl, but that was my first kiss. And you know what? I'm glad it was from her.

Thanks for helping everyone, but I really think there's nothing else I can do.

Yuzix

Master artist in the making
    Years
  • Well, that's you. My personal opinion is that going around doing that is really screwed up. It's called Lust. I'm sure you've heard of it (besides from that anime show). She felt that she was giving back what I gave her (which is, support, friendship, a lot of other stuff). I haven't mentioned this before, because everyone will think that I'm a total loser who can't get a girl, but that was my first kiss. And you know what? I'm glad it was from her.

No man you're not a loser.^^ Like you said, be glad that it was from your best friend. Yeah it might be lust what shes feeling. But on the other hand let me tell you a "what if"... What if she did it to see how you would react to being more than just friends? I'm not saying this is the case but it can be. Ofcourse there's nothing like having really good communication, try talking to her about it. ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    Well, that's you. My personal opinion is that going around doing that is really screwed up. It's called Lust. I'm sure you've heard of it (besides from that anime show). She felt that she was giving back what I gave her (which is, support, friendship, a lot of other stuff). I haven't mentioned this before, because everyone will think that I'm a total loser who can't get a girl, but that was my first kiss. And you know what? I'm glad it was from her.

Listen to this, don't worry about the past or the future, for they do not exist. You're entire life exists in the present. Never let an opportunity pass you by.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back