• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "n00b" and "Uber" buisness

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Alright, I'm posting this here because this is the current generation, anyways.

Alright, I've seen it more times then I can count, and I am tired of it.

Can someone explain to me WHY there is something wrong with using the so called "Uber" Legendary Pokemon, and why you're a "n00b" if you use them?!

Look, I am your average Pokemon gamer, I just play through the games and enjoy them. I also catch all the Pokemon and use them as well. And yet I can't play people because I refuse to modify my team to remove my legendaries.

Now, explain, why if I am just an ordinary games, who plays through, why is it SO wrong to battle with Legendary Pokemon?! I mean I waste hours and Ultra Balls trying to catch them, and then they're not allowed in battle. Is it just because I have one little advantage over you that it's so "n00bish?"

Thanks if anyone can logically explain it,

Mooshykris

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    You are only a n00b if you use uber Pokemon in a certain way, let alone any Pokemon in a certain way. Ubers can be misused, or used correctly.

Example 1: A n00bish thing to do
    Lets say you have Kyogre. Kyogre's moveset can be used this way

Kyogre @ Mystic Water
    - Blizzard
    - Sheer Cold
    - Water Spout
    - Hyperbeam

Clearly, this is n00bish. A horrible moveset. You are a n00b if you do this.

Example 2: A good thing to do

Kyogre @ Leftovers
    - Thunder
    - Icebeam
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf

This would be the right thing to do. The moveset is very good and can be used in a strategic and effective way. You will NOT be called a n00b.

Example 3: A n00bish thing to do

This is your team:

Furret
    Chimecho
    Sceptile
    Kyogre
    Monferno
    Blissey

An uber Pokemon mixed in with a team of UU and BL Pokemon? No, thats not a good thing to do. An uber should be in the right environment of its tier. Mixing in two completely different tiers is really n00bish.

A good team would be one that is based around the uber environment and uses a combination of uber and maybe some OU Pokemon.
    ---
    In conclusion, ubers aren't n00bish if you use them the correct way. Otherwise it would be just a cry for help. Ubers are just set for a different environment of battling, and makes it no different from any other of the Pokemon tiers. So if you choose an uber team based around the uber environment, then you are not a n00b.

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
    That's right, you aren't a noob using Uber, in fact it's a pretty fun Metagame, but they can't compete in OU Metagame (That doesn't mean that there aren't OU pokemons on Uber Metagame).

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Example 1: A n00bish thing to do
    Lets say you have Kyogre. Kyogre's moveset can be used this way

Kyogre @ Mystic Water
    - Blizzard
    - Sheer Cold
    - Water Spout
    - Hyperbeam

Clearly, this is n00bish. A horrible moveset. You are a n00b if you do this.
    *releases Kyogre* Uh... yeah, you're right. An extremely n00bish thing to do!

I personally play the game for the fun of it, and I do catch legendaries when I see them and even use them in the League if I'm having trouble. But to use them in competitive only shows your skill at catching strong pokemon with dusk/ultra/great ball. Ubers are a big problem in competitive play, especially when there are people who know how to use them.

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
    I've only seen people called n00bs for using legendaries when they're mixed in with very weak Pokemon in the same team and/or the legendaries have awful movesets. If used properly in an UBER or UBER/OU team, there is certainly nothing n00bish about legendary Pokemon.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
    Yeah, it's not the fact that you use the uber, it's just the way you use it. They tend to be banned from competitive play because they're so much stronger than all the others. If people were to start using ubers, than eventually everyone else would have to use ubers to compensate. It would just cease to be fun to battle eventually, as all you'd ever see would be ubers.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2009
    People sya it gives you an, 'advantage', as if you're the only one capable of catching them. Everyone can use them, so it's not an advantage. >_>

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    ubers are too powerful for the OU metagame, much like OU and BL are too strong for UU, and UU is too strong for NU.
    However, many legendaries are no more powerful than any other Pokemon of their tier (Azelf, Cresselia, Zapdos come to mind, Shaymin is UU, etc) and thus should be treated as such.

I myself used to be a n00b.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    People sya it gives you an, 'advantage', as if you're the only one capable of catching them. Everyone can use them, so it's not an advantage. >_>

That's not the point. If Ubers were allowed in standard competitive play, the only way to win would be by using Ubers. That pretty much limits everyone to the same 10 or 12 Pokemon- other Pokes couldn't be used because they would be destroyed.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Aircon's summed it up. If ubers weren't banned the everyone would use them instead of everything else. At the end of the day they are the most powerful pokes in the game, and just because everyone can get them does not make them ok to use.

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    That's not the point. If Ubers were allowed in standard competitive play, the only way to win would be by using Ubers. That pretty much limits everyone to the same 10 or 12 Pokemon- other Pokes couldn't be used because they would be destroyed.

Thats not entirely true. I myself have beat alot of ubers on PBR random battles using my team of arcanine, milotic, staraptor, leafeon, salamence and luxray. Its because the people who use them are noobs that I can beat them. Usually the noobish people use legendaries simply because they are stronger and they think thats it. Im sure more than half of them had never even heard of EV training or know the difference between atk and sp atk based attacks. The problem is when you get someone who KNOWS how to use them. Thats when everyone would have to be limited to the other uber pokemon. And what happens if you dont WANT to use those pokemon?

In my opinion its just unfair to use them. Nearly everybody I've battled on wifi were using Palkias and just spammed spacial rend (I think that was the name of the attack, I've never used palkia myself) which against pokemon from a lesser tier will probably take them out in one or two hits unless you can attack first.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    also; if you keep it 'realistic' then its more fun to use pokemon you could actually use in a 'real pokemonworld' (dáh, i sound nerdy), you know.. breeding and catching.. if you would really be in sinnoh, hoenn, johto, kanto, then you wouldnt be able to use them either.
    its like everyone having pele, maradona and cruijff in their footballteam.

RoAsT_dUcK

PokeCommuniy Tech Support
    Years
    If ubers were allowed in normal play, they'd be all you see. They are far more powerful than normal pokemon and therefore would crush them even w/ EV training. I have beaten ubers over wifi, but they were in the hands of complete noobs. If you were to EV train 1 (which would behard to due natures) you would have a definite unfair advantage and would be no fun.

WaluigiRedclaw91

Alt/Original Page of: Haza
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2010
    Its just a class, some sites only let u use pokemon online under certain classes

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    My issue is specifically with the fact that people ban these Pokemon from THEIR OWN tournaments, not just official ones. I mean, yes, you have these tournaments on here, but why ban "ubers" when that takes the ability from the heads of the contests as well.

The other variable about it, is I refuse to join them because of this rule, because I use my ingame team for everything I do, which always has at least 1 legendary. In Diamond's case, I use Dialga, as it's the game's legendary.

So, if I have to cut from my own team, I don't play.

Mooshykris

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back