• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke'd's Gimp Graphics Homeroom-Design/Program

Renyui!

ascender
Years
  • Hi Everyone
    Welcome to..
    Poke'd's Graphics Homeroom (for the gifted!)
    Info:
    I'm Poke'd, i like to use a grundgey style of banner making. of course, there are exceptions. I made a bad start, but then again, who doesnt?

Students:
    ~Hitsugaya~
    Tre_Al
    unit101

Assignment:
    Tell me your favourite style of banner making, and give me an example. This is sought of like a grading assignment.

Assignments Completed:
    None.

Past Assignments:
    Favourite Stylecurrent assignment

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Hi Everyone
    Students:
    ~Hitsugaya~
    Tre_Al
    unit101
    Assignment:
    Show me your best banner, and ill tell you the pros and cons.
    Assignments Completed:
    None.
    Poke'd I'm not in your class, but try organizing your first post as follows:

This is the most important part, you must have a layout for your class, so it is easy to follow what is for homework (yes teachers will assign homework). There should be at least three sections.

- An intro. (tell your students about your style, what you like to do with your program. And most of all, what you are going to cover in your class)

- Students list. (just list your students. Also add some contact info, so that new students can join the fun!

- An Assignments list ( have a list of all of the current, and past assignments. Try and be very, very, VERY descriptive with what you want them to do. So there is no "AHH WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO!?!?!?!" You can try and link tutorials for some of your lessons also. ------------- Remember not to delete the old Assignments so people who start late can pick up.

Uryū Ishida

Hishoku no Sora
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Poke'd i agree with DC, Also could you please add some more detail in your assignment? We may relieve you of your teaching position if you don't tidy up your homeroom, and think about what your teaching here, if you wanted to teach you should of thought about what your going to have to take up here.

Shadez

-
    Years
  • i finished the assignment
    don't know if it;s my best but i just made it and i looks good so
    here it is:
    shadowsig.png

BerserkPaladin

Has Left For GOOD
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    so... this is the GIMP class...
    Well... It doesn't hurt to learn new things so I'll join.

Here, I'll show you one of my best ones.

berserkpaladiakj5.png

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • ok you guys, remember theres a new assignment, but ill still do yours.
    ~Hitsugaya~: well, the render could use some blending, and try out some new brushes, that could be nice. also a border would look good, to do that, just make a new layer, go select all, then edit-stroke selection. theen, choose your size and colour.
    BP:Well, i quite like it, but the text is kinda hard to read, and you could try and use a border, like in the first rating. the colour is quite bright, and you could try a bit more than just overlaying the render, like dodges and burns, smudges, etc.

don't be offended, just learn from it, believe me, i was pretty darn bad once.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    lalala, here it goes :3
    homework1-1.jpg

I know, it has no text or nothing but i like it like that and also i still haven't figured how to install fonts @ ubuntu D:

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Ok guys, ive been away most of the day, so here goes.
    unit101: woah, WAYYYY too blurry, you cant really see the image man! anyway, you dont need to download fonts to have cool banners, i always used the default ones. pretty cool render, and the blending is nice, butttt... it could use a border as well.

Tre_Al: Nice, colour goes well (i'm assuming thats a guy from green day) but the render is kinda blurry, a border would look nice, and the bubble brushes make it look kind of gentle, so try some fractals or abstract.

Nice ones guys, keep it up!

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • if "rip" means cut out, as if cutting a render from its background, go to gimptalk.com, then go to recent tutorials, then try and find some stuff about it. sorry if im not clear.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • Ok people, now that you have pretty much done your first assignment, heres the second.
    (soz, my computer sux and it cant edit posts.)
    Find a tutorial on Gimptalk.com, or anywhere you can find them, complete it, give me the link to the tutorial, and ill see what i can do to help you.
    I would reccomend Flying Penguins Sig Tut on Gimptalk. first go to Gimptalk.com, then go recent tutorials, then try and find it.
    Good luck Guys!

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Try in here as well you should always search around, he said you can try the ones from anywhere and i was smart enough to leave the window opened earlier xD so i didn't got the crash thingy message hehe.

Back