Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old January 23rd, 2009 (7:31 AM).
Swampert 22's Avatar
Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
Is making tools for you...
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Hey could you give a link to that tabctl32.ocx
My computer needs it to run TmMaster and I can't find it anywhere.
No problem! I did a quick Google search and found it quite easily. The reason you need it is because I used the add on Microsoft Tab component, which corresponds to tabctl32.ocx

Here is the link:

http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/T/TABCTL32.OCX/6.01.9782/download.html

Just download it and place in the folder with TMMaster GSC and it should be fine. If that fails try putting a copy in C:/Windows/System32

This will probably be a problem for many people so I am going to include it in the ZIP file with the program itself.

EDIT: If there are any more .ocx's you need post here and let me know so I can add them into the ZIP...

Hope this works for you!
__________________

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage

Relevant Advertising!

  #252    
Old January 23rd, 2009 (8:08 AM). Edited January 23rd, 2009 by Mateo.
Mateo's Avatar
Mateo Mateo is offline
Johto Region Champion
     
    Join Date: Jun 2005
    Location: Willow Creek, Sims 4
    Age: 28
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 1,759
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ragurāji-san View Post
    Right, here is the update Download.

    Please try it now and let me know how you get on. I would have updated it last night if PokéCommunity hadn't crashed again!:D
    I'm downloading it now, I'll test it out as soon as I get out of class and let you know :D


    EDIT: Went ahead and tested it out since I'm in the back of the room. It appears to work perfectly :D Thanks for fixing the bug so quickly and for making awesome tools like this!
    __________________
    mateo.





    "I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
      #253    
    Old January 23rd, 2009 (8:23 AM).
    Swampert 22's Avatar
    Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
    Is making tools for you...
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Switzerland
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 393
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I'm downloading it now, I'll test it out as soon as I get out of class and let you know :D


    EDIT: Went ahead and tested it out since I'm in the back of the room. It appears to work perfectly :D Thanks for fixing the bug so quickly and for making awesome tools like this!
    Awesome. Glad we got that cleared up! I knew there would be something that went wrong, there usually is. It should make hacking this part of the game TONs easier than before, as before it involved binary conversion working it out on a bit of paper or whatever. This does it all for you! Good luck with your hack and GET BACK TO WORK:D
    __________________

    I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

    Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

    Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
      #254    
    Old January 23rd, 2009 (8:27 AM).
    Mateo's Avatar
    Mateo Mateo is offline
    Johto Region Champion
       
      Join Date: Jun 2005
      Location: Willow Creek, Sims 4
      Age: 28
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 1,759
      Haha, thanks, and I will. Back to taking notes about World Politics. Good luck with your tool making, and if I find anything else that goes haywire I'll be happy to point it out so it can be fixed as well.
      __________________
      mateo.





      "I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
        #255    
      Old January 23rd, 2009 (8:30 AM).
      Swampert 22's Avatar
      Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
      Is making tools for you...
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2005
      Location: Switzerland
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 393
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
      Haha, thanks, and I will. Back to taking notes about World Politics. Good luck with your tool making, and if I find anything else that goes haywire I'll be happy to point it out so it can be fixed as well.
      Sound fun That'll be great if you can do that, I credited you in the program anyway, so you can be my official error-checker:D
      __________________

      I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

      Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

      Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
        #256    
      Old January 23rd, 2009 (8:33 AM).
      Mateo's Avatar
      Mateo Mateo is offline
      Johto Region Champion
         
        Join Date: Jun 2005
        Location: Willow Creek, Sims 4
        Age: 28
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 1,759
        *Rolls dice to attack Alaska from Kamchatka* ~Mateo has captured North America!~(Anyone who plays Risk will get that xD)

        Hey, sounds great :)
        __________________
        mateo.





        "I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
          #257    
        Old January 23rd, 2009 (8:54 AM).
        bumbam's Avatar
        bumbam bumbam is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2008
          Gender:
          Posts: 42
          when i try to open tmmaster or itemed it says this:
          Component 'MSCOMT2.OCX' or one of its dependenciesnot correctly registered: a file missing or invalid

          all the other tools work fine
            #258    
          Old January 23rd, 2009 (9:24 AM).
          Swampert 22's Avatar
          Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
          Is making tools for you...
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2005
          Location: Switzerland
          Age: 26
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 393
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by bumbam View Post
          when i try to open tmmaster or itemed it says this:
          Component 'MSCOMT2.OCX' or one of its dependenciesnot correctly registered: a file missing or invalid

          all the other tools work fine
          Oaky doaky. I know why, it's because I used a control that you have to manually add in VB6. Same as the tabbed control, an up and down button requires it's library.

          http://www.ocxdump.com/download-ocx-files_new.php/ocxfiles/M/MSCOMCT2.OCX/6.00.88046/download.html

          Download this and place it in the folder with TMMaster GSC and ItemEd GSC, aswell as tabctl32.ocx for TMMaster GSC, (link in an above post). Then your problems should be solved.

          These are the only non standard controls I have ever used, (I think), so the two ocx files shall be included in the ZIP. It'll make the download shoot up though... 532KB. However will we cope...:D

          EDIT: Here is the link for the program and .ocx files all in one zip Download.
          __________________

          I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

          Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

          Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
            #259    
          Old January 23rd, 2009 (9:38 AM).
          bumbam's Avatar
          bumbam bumbam is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Gender:
            Posts: 42
            Thank you very much!!

            it works and its even more awesomer than i thought

            and may i suggest a pokemon name or attack name editor??
              #260    
            Old January 23rd, 2009 (9:51 AM).
            Swampert 22's Avatar
            Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
            Is making tools for you...
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Sep 2005
            Location: Switzerland
            Age: 26
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 393
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by bumbam View Post
            Thank you very much!!

            it works and its even more awesomer than i thought

            and may i suggest a pokemon name or attack name editor??
            Haha glad you like it. Of course you can suggest that, whether I make it or not is a different matter! Seriously though, I shall look into it!:D
            __________________

            I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

            Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

            Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
              #261    
            Old January 23rd, 2009 (11:23 AM).
            bumbam's Avatar
            bumbam bumbam is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2008
              Gender:
              Posts: 42
              the attack name would be more useful i think and i thought about item name edit too
                #262    
              Old January 27th, 2009 (7:40 AM).
              zlayer200's Avatar
              zlayer200 zlayer200 is offline
              Sw3den H4ck3r ;d
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2009
                Location: Sweden
                Gender:
                Nature: Brave
                Posts: 115
                i dont know but when i try to open the files (same error to all)
                it says: "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registrered: a file is missing or invalid"

                what should i do? please help
                __________________
                I whant HeavyMetal-Pokemons xD
                The Best Band Ever: Linkin Park


                  #263    
                Old January 28th, 2009 (8:16 AM).
                Mateo's Avatar
                Mateo Mateo is offline
                Johto Region Champion
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2005
                  Location: Willow Creek, Sims 4
                  Age: 28
                  Nature: Quiet
                  Posts: 1,759
                  You can google that file, or you can install the VB6 runtimes
                  __________________
                  mateo.





                  "I'm gonna, uh, demonstrate the hot moves..." - Flannery
                    #264    
                  Old January 29th, 2009 (3:20 PM).
                  EkshtrimSama's Avatar
                  EkshtrimSama EkshtrimSama is offline
                     
                    Join Date: May 2007
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 59
                    Hi there,great tools,Ive found them very useful and very easy to use

                    I was wondering,is there any chance you may programs a tool for GSC that changes how Pokemon evolve> I'm trying to find one for some long time,but with no success... I think I'm not the only one who can use this for his hack...
                    __________________
                      #265    
                    Old January 29th, 2009 (4:02 PM). Edited January 29th, 2009 by IIMarckus.
                    IIMarckus's Avatar
                    IIMarckus IIMarckus is offline
                    [email protected]
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2007
                      Gender:
                      Posts: 402
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by EkshtrimSama View Post
                      Hi there,great tools,Ive found them very useful and very easy to use

                      I was wondering,is there any chance you may programs a tool for GSC that changes how Pokemon evolve> I'm trying to find one for some long time,but with no success... I think I'm not the only one who can use this for his hack...
                      Creating a tool for this would be unwise unless it could repoint data, either automatically or by prompt. Otherwise the tool would likely be unusable, as evolutions do not consist of a constant number of bytes—some are three, some are four. In addition, they are intermixed with move/level learning data.

                      If a tool like this were made which supported repointing, it would be able to avoid the above problems and allow dynamic changing of the number of evolutions, not just what they are. This would be extremely useful, but I don’t know if any of Swampert’s tools support repointing (having never used them).


                      In the meantime, you can edit evolutions in hex.
                      __________________
                      iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

                      If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

                      If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

                      Pokémon Red disassembly project

                      Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
                      Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
                      Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
                        #266    
                      Old January 29th, 2009 (4:09 PM).
                      Melash's Avatar
                      Melash Melash is offline
                      Back for now.
                         
                        Join Date: May 2008
                        Location: Idaho
                        Age: 23
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 425
                        Hmm, that sounds pretty good. If you could repoint all of that data, like IIMarkus said, you could just add any number of evolutions to a Pokemon! Well, not any number, but you get what I mean. That would come pretty handy in the hack I'm working on.
                          #267    
                        Old January 29th, 2009 (4:36 PM).
                        EkshtrimSama's Avatar
                        EkshtrimSama EkshtrimSama is offline
                           
                          Join Date: May 2007
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 59
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
                          Creating a tool for this would be unwise unless it could repoint data, either automatically or by prompt. Otherwise the tool would likely be unusable, as evolutions do not consist of a constant number of bytes—some are three, some are four. In addition, they are intermixed with move/level learning data.

                          If a tool like this were made which supported repointing, it would be able to avoid the above problems and allow dynamic changing of the number of evolutions, not just what they are. This would be extremely useful, but I don’t know if any of Swampert’s tools support repointing (having never used them).


                          In the meantime, you can edit evolutions in hex.
                          I see.. But is it possible to manually change using Hex Editor using the method you showed in the link? Finding the Pokemon Data,and then changing how I want,lets say,instead of Gravaler evolving by trade,he evolves at level 30?
                          __________________
                            #268    
                          Old January 29th, 2009 (4:53 PM).
                          darkmewham2's Avatar
                          darkmewham2 darkmewham2 is offline
                          Cold's catch rate- 100%. D:
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2009
                            Location: In a certain place in my mind I like to call "the creative part".
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Docile
                            Posts: 129
                            That Telephang Pokemon Editor kicks butt! >:D
                              #269    
                            Old January 29th, 2009 (5:06 PM). Edited January 29th, 2009 by IIMarckus.
                            IIMarckus's Avatar
                            IIMarckus IIMarckus is offline
                            [email protected]
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2007
                              Gender:
                              Posts: 402
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by EkshtrimSama View Post
                              I see.. But is it possible to manually change using Hex Editor using the method you showed in the link? Finding the Pokemon Data,and then changing how I want,lets say,instead of Gravaler evolving by trade,he evolves at level 30?
                              Yes, you can edit evolutions this way. Check out posts 7501–7515 in the Simple Questions thread.
                              __________________
                              iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

                              If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

                              If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

                              Pokémon Red disassembly project

                              Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
                              Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
                              Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
                                #270    
                              Old January 29th, 2009 (5:21 PM).
                              EkshtrimSama's Avatar
                              EkshtrimSama EkshtrimSama is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2007
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 59
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
                                Yes, you can edit evolutions this way. Check out posts 1701–1715 in the Simple Questions thread.
                                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2702626&postcount=1701
                                Can't seem to find anything related about evolutions @ 1701-1705
                                btw,can you recommend a Hex Editor to use with Crystal?
                                __________________
                                  #271    
                                Old January 29th, 2009 (5:26 PM).
                                IIMarckus's Avatar
                                IIMarckus IIMarckus is offline
                                [email protected]
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2007
                                  Gender:
                                  Posts: 402
                                  My bad, I meant 7501–7515.

                                  Most hex editors will work. I tend to use Windhex, but feel free to try others to see if they better suit your needs.
                                  __________________
                                  iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

                                  If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

                                  If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

                                  Pokémon Red disassembly project

                                  Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
                                  Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
                                  Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
                                    #272    
                                  Old January 29th, 2009 (5:41 PM).
                                  EkshtrimSama's Avatar
                                  EkshtrimSama EkshtrimSama is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2007
                                    Nature: Adamant
                                    Posts: 59
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
                                    My bad, I meant 7501–7515.

                                    Most hex editors will work. I tend to use Windhex, but feel free to try others to see if they better suit your needs.
                                    Oh,thanks Im really startitng to get the hang of it
                                    One last question (I hope :P)how can I find Crystal's Pokemon offsets? such as 0427A7 for Bulbasaur etc
                                    And about evolving via level up,how is the level determined? Ive seen 10=16 and 20=32
                                    __________________
                                      #273    
                                    Old January 29th, 2009 (6:02 PM).
                                    IIMarckus's Avatar
                                    IIMarckus IIMarckus is offline
                                    [email protected]
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2007
                                      Gender:
                                      Posts: 402
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by EkshtrimSama View Post
                                      how can I find Crystal's Pokemon offsets? such as 0427A7 for Bulbasaur etc
                                      0429B3 starts Bulbasaur’s evolution data. After that is Bulbasaur’s learned move data, then Ivysaur’s evolution data, then Ivysaur’s moves, and so on.

                                      If you already know how a Pokémon evolves, you could search for the bytes to find it rather than go sequentially through each monster before it. For instance, Seadra evolves by trading with the Dragon Scale into Kingdra, so to find the offset of Seadra’s evolution data you could simply search for 03 97 E6 00.
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by EkshtrimSama View Post
                                      And about evolving via level up,how is the level determined? Ive seen 10=16 and 20=32
                                      The numbers are in hexadecimal. The Windows calculator (Start → Programs → Accessories → Calculator) can convert between hexadecimal and decimal when in scientific mode.
                                      __________________
                                      iimarck.us / hax.iimarck.us

                                      If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

                                      If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

                                      Pokémon Red disassembly project

                                      Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
                                      Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
                                      Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.
                                        #274    
                                      Old January 30th, 2009 (5:43 AM). Edited January 30th, 2009 by EkshtrimSama.
                                      EkshtrimSama's Avatar
                                      EkshtrimSama EkshtrimSama is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2007
                                        Nature: Adamant
                                        Posts: 59
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by IIMarckus View Post
                                        0429B3 starts Bulbasaur’s evolution data. After that is Bulbasaur’s learned move data, then Ivysaur’s evolution data, then Ivysaur’s moves, and so on.

                                        If you already know how a Pokémon evolves, you could search for the bytes to find it rather than go sequentially through each monster before it. For instance, Seadra evolves by trading with the Dragon Scale into Kingdra, so to find the offset of Seadra’s evolution data you could simply search for 03 97 E6 00.The numbers are in hexadecimal. The Windows calculator (Start → Programs → Accessories → Calculator) can convert between hexadecimal and decimal when in scientific mode.
                                        Thanks alot! You really helped me there
                                        So,if Im doing this right I should find Gravaler like this
                                        Search> 03 FF 4C 00 ?
                                        And change to
                                        01 1A 4C 00 (To evolve by level 26)
                                        __________________
                                          #275    
                                        Old January 30th, 2009 (6:37 AM).
                                        Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                                        Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                                        The Faltine
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2008
                                          Location: Slovenia
                                          Age: 21
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 3,572
                                          Hey Swampert do you know how to edit abilities?
                                          __________________
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:52 PM.