Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old June 30th, 2008 (6:44 AM).
Swampert 22's Avatar
Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
Is making tools for you...
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by makunouchi View Post
you know, if you are going to keep asking "that" on a persons toolbox thread, maybe you should just do it yourself.
Also, not only is there pallete editor for d/p/p, i think i saw horus say something on PHO about how APE works with d/p/p also.
anyways back on topic....

Swampert22, the tools are really awesome and i have found no problems with the G/S mart editor or tradEd editor.
i think i'm starting to get into G/S/C hacking because of these tools(yes, i don't know a thing about hex so i rely on tools).
i hope to see more of your great work Swampert22!
Best of luck!
Glad you're finding them useful, that's the plan;) Remember, if anyone finds a problem, please post so I can rectify the problem...

I am going to see what I can do about a level up move editor for D/P!
__________________

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage

Relevant Advertising!

  #102    
Old July 2nd, 2008 (11:25 AM).
jakerman999's Avatar
jakerman999 jakerman999 is offline
looking for spriters
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: Ingersoll
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 52
    no trade editor for gba? oh well, back to Google. but in the mean time, how about a starter form(your using vb6, right?) before you actually use the program, just have a smaller form that doesn't let you go in until you open a rom. I always find it makes then more user freindly, and stops "no rom loaded"errors.
    __________________
    you must build -inal pylons.

    jakerman999's PokePet

    sharpshell the level 45 Kabutops!


    I have a life, I bought it on e-bay.

    support shiny gold!
      #103    
    Old July 3rd, 2008 (12:22 AM).
    Swampert 22's Avatar
    Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
    Is making tools for you...
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Location: Switzerland
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 393
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jakerman999 View Post
    no trade editor for gba? oh well, back to Google. but in the mean time, how about a starter form(your using vb6, right?) before you actually use the program, just have a smaller form that doesn't let you go in until you open a rom. I always find it makes then more user freindly, and stops "no rom loaded"errors.
    Well, first off, ZodiacDaGreat has made a fully functional trade editor for GBA. You can download it from his toolbox!

    As for a starter fom, that's not a bad idea, I know its annoying to get the error whn you decide not to load a ROM. I'll see what I can do...
    __________________

    I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

    Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

    Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
      #104    
    Old July 3rd, 2008 (4:03 AM).
    gabe_k's Avatar
    gabe_k gabe_k is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2007
      Location: California
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 588
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
      Well, first off, ZodiacDaGreat has made a fully functional trade editor for GBA. You can download it from his toolbox!

      As for a starter fom, that's not a bad idea, I know its annoying to get the error whn you decide not to load a ROM. I'll see what I can do...
      Maybe what remember what he said about smaller too ;)
        #105    
      Old July 11th, 2008 (4:29 PM).
      s1062563 s1062563 is offline
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Gender:
        Posts: 1
        OMG THANK YOU!!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS TRYING TO FIND HACKING TOOLS FOR R/B/Y (but i havent been looking very hard lol)
          #106    
        Old July 11th, 2008 (7:59 PM).
        Andinator's Avatar
        Andinator Andinator is offline
        Got my Account Back
           
          Join Date: Apr 2008
          Gender:
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 401
          i no dis question is not for a thread like dis but could u make a tool for GBA that could change the pikachu sprite at the beginning of FR/LG
            #107    
          Old July 11th, 2008 (8:22 PM).
          gabe_k's Avatar
          gabe_k gabe_k is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2007
            Location: California
            Age: 23
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 588
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Andinator View Post
            i no dis question is not for a thread like dis but could u make a tool for GBA that could change the pikachu sprite at the beginning of FR/LG
            if u no dat question is not for dis thead why'd you post it? Are you just asking for a title screen editor?
              #108    
            Old July 11th, 2008 (8:38 PM).
            Andinator's Avatar
            Andinator Andinator is offline
            Got my Account Back
               
              Join Date: Apr 2008
              Gender:
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 401
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by gabe_k View Post
              if u no dat question is not for dis thead why'd you post it? Are you just asking for a title screen editor?
              no, theres a pikachu at the top left corner at the beginning of ur FR/LG game
              __________________



              Click us!!!!!
              My Poképet!!

              ELECTIVIRE



                #109    
              Old July 11th, 2008 (11:31 PM).
              Swampert 22's Avatar
              Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
              Is making tools for you...
              • Silver Tier
               
              Join Date: Sep 2005
              Location: Switzerland
              Age: 26
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 393
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Andinator View Post
              no, theres a pikachu at the top left corner at the beginning of ur FR/LG game
              Since this is a custom sprite in the game, the only way to change this is with unLZ.GBA. I assum you're familiar with it.

              Simply open up your FR/LG ROM and search through all the compressed graphics, export it, and edit it, then re-import it.

              It's the only way you can do it.
              __________________

              I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

              Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

              Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
                #110    
              Old July 14th, 2008 (5:11 AM).
              Mechz Mechz is offline
              Nostalgist
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Posts: 6
                Your Pokemon Editor for D/P is fantastic! But if I'm allowed to make any suggestions, they would be:

                -Experience rate changer (like how some pokemon take longer than others to level)
                -Evolution modifier (Method of evolution, what level/item/etc.)
                -Not sure if this is even possible, but maybe a function that goes through and multiplies base experiences or catchrates by a fixed percent... I always thought it took too long to level up to 100, when you never need to be more than level 55.
                -Egg/Tutor/Level/TM moves for each pokemon

                Lol of course that's probably asking too much, and it'd be better if I learned how to make a program that did those things on my own... Can't hurt to suggest. :D
                  #111    
                Old July 14th, 2008 (5:21 AM).
                gabe_k's Avatar
                gabe_k gabe_k is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2007
                  Location: California
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 588
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mechz View Post
                  Your Pokemon Editor for D/P is fantastic! But if I'm allowed to make any suggestions, they would be:

                  -Experience rate changer (like how some pokemon take longer than others to level)
                  -Evolution modifier (Method of evolution, what level/item/etc.)
                  -Not sure if this is even possible, but maybe a function that goes through and multiplies base experiences or catchrates by a fixed percent... I always thought it took too long to level up to 100, when you never need to be more than level 55. >_>
                  -Egg/Tutor/Level/TM moves for each pokemon

                  Lol of course that's probably asking too much, and it'd be better if I learned how to make a program that did those things on my own... Can't hurt to suggest. :D
                  I actually know the experience rate, I was going to give it to swampert for this, but he WASN'T ONLINE (HINT HINT). Anyway, I'll talk to him about that and see about finding the other stuff.
                    #112    
                  Old July 14th, 2008 (12:03 PM).
                  Swampert 22's Avatar
                  Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
                  Is making tools for you...
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2005
                  Location: Switzerland
                  Age: 26
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 393
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mechz View Post
                  Your Pokemon Editor for D/P is fantastic! But if I'm allowed to make any suggestions, they would be:

                  -Experience rate changer (like how some pokemon take longer than others to level)
                  -Evolution modifier (Method of evolution, what level/item/etc.)
                  -Not sure if this is even possible, but maybe a function that goes through and multiplies base experiences or catchrates by a fixed percent... I always thought it took too long to level up to 100, when you never need to be more than level 55.
                  -Egg/Tutor/Level/TM moves for each pokemon

                  Lol of course that's probably asking too much, and it'd be better if I learned how to make a program that did those things on my own... Can't hurt to suggest. :D
                  You're quite right, It's fine to suggest things. I'll see what gabe_k has to say about that other data and see if it can be implemented.

                  There is already an evolution editor for D/P by PokéSpam I thought?...

                  I don't think that a function you are suggesting is possible, but I'll have a look.

                  As for moves, well if you have read thethethethe's hex tutorial for D/P you will know that the movesets are compressed. Complicated to get a program to decode, well for me anyway

                  One final thing, it has been brought to my attention that the TM editor for GSC was not functioning correctly for Gold version, and that has now been fixed. Download it from the main post if you need the update.

                  That's it for now
                  __________________

                  I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

                  Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

                  Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
                    #113    
                  Old July 14th, 2008 (4:53 PM).
                  Mechz Mechz is offline
                  Nostalgist
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Posts: 6
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
                    There is already an evolution editor for D/P by PokéSpam I thought?...
                    Haha, oh wow. I spent like thirty minutes looking for a user named "PokéSpam"... Then I realized it was the name of a team of programmers here. XD I found it, thanks for the info.
                      #114    
                    Old July 15th, 2008 (4:38 AM).
                    thethethethe thethethethe is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2007
                      Location: Melbourne, Australia
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,104
                      I've got some data if you want to know how to edit the TM's learnable by Pokemon. I'm not too sure how to write something for it, but it works in binary. And each TM is set by a bit.
                      And isn't there a byte for the experience rate in the base stat data in the tutorial? I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was.
                      And for the moveset, all you'd need to do is write an if for when the value of the level is odd or even (which you could probably find an example of somewhere), and then add 256 to the previous word value if it were odd to change what attack it appears as. But I guess there's probably a little more to it that I'm not thinking of.
                      __________________
                      Gone.
                        #115    
                      Old July 15th, 2008 (6:43 PM).
                      IIMarckus's Avatar
                      IIMarckus IIMarckus is offline
                      [email protected]
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2007
                        Gender:
                        Posts: 402
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
                        I've got some data if you want to know how to edit the TM's learnable by Pokemon. I'm not too sure how to write something for it, but it works in binary. And each TM is set by a bit.
                        Bitwise ANDs and ORs would probably work.
                          #116    
                        Old July 16th, 2008 (12:39 PM).
                        Andinator's Avatar
                        Andinator Andinator is offline
                        Got my Account Back
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2008
                          Gender:
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 401
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by swampert22 View Post
                          Since this is a custom sprite in the game, the only way to change this is with unLZ.GBA. I assum you're familiar with it.

                          Simply open up your FR/LG ROM and search through all the compressed graphics, export it, and edit it, then re-import it.

                          It's the only way you can do it.
                          the unlz pic doesnt have the upper ears so it will look funny
                          __________________



                          Click us!!!!!
                          My Poképet!!

                          ELECTIVIRE



                            #117    
                          Old July 16th, 2008 (6:04 PM).
                          SytheXP's Avatar
                          SytheXP SytheXP is offline
                          Net Labs/UG Founder
                             
                            Join Date: May 2007
                            Location: Zombieville South Carolina
                            Age: 26
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Calm
                            Posts: 387
                            Nice tools I support old skool hacking, Whereas my last hack was a bust I think I may get these tools and do a r/b/y hack for fun. Nice assortment.
                            __________________
                            My Threads:
                            Phantom Dusk Plot and Story: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4678023#post4678023


                            My Sprite Thread:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179083

                            Phantom Dusk is back in production with loads of modifications. Will be updating soon! -2012

                            I Support:
                              #118    
                            Old July 20th, 2008 (8:22 AM).
                            Roareye's Avatar
                            Roareye Roareye is offline
                            a.k.a. Khaladar
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2008
                              Age: 27
                              Posts: 16
                              I would like an evolution editor for R/B if you can handle this...
                                #119    
                              Old July 28th, 2008 (7:21 PM).
                              theEND's Avatar
                              theEND theEND is offline
                              Veteran Pixel Artist/Spriter
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2008
                                Gender:
                                Posts: 26
                                TY!!! Just what I needed. :D You are a god >.>
                                __________________



                                Drinking Milk wont make them grow any bigger you know?
                                  #120    
                                Old July 29th, 2008 (8:16 AM).
                                nightmaretheclown's Avatar
                                nightmaretheclown nightmaretheclown is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2008
                                  Location: millville
                                  Age: 30
                                  Gender:
                                  Nature: Naughty
                                  Posts: 6
                                  all the programs here helped me and they are all cool but how do I edit the title screen to put the name i want on it so i can have it say pokemon King blue or pokemon super sayain or something like that
                                    #121    
                                  Old July 29th, 2008 (10:46 AM).
                                  Swampert 22's Avatar
                                  Swampert 22 Swampert 22 is offline
                                  Is making tools for you...
                                  • Silver Tier
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2005
                                  Location: Switzerland
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Brave
                                  Posts: 393
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Roareye View Post
                                  I would like an evolution editor for R/B if you can handle this...
                                  Well, I have had a look at the data for this and it's pretty complicated, so I don't know if I will be able to make a program for it, I'll have another look though...

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by theEND View Post
                                  TY!!! Just what I needed. :D You are a god >.>
                                  Haha well, I'm glad you like them! :D

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by nightmaretheclown View Post
                                  all the programs here helped me and they are all cool but how do I edit the title screen to put the name i want on it so i can have it say pokemon King blue or pokemon super sayain or something like that
                                  I had a little look around and found this for you:

                                  Look on this page and scroll down a bit...
                                  __________________

                                  I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

                                  Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

                                  Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage
                                    #122    
                                  Old August 1st, 2008 (2:55 AM).
                                  Jamachi's Avatar
                                  Jamachi Jamachi is offline
                                  Sorry for not logging much
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2007
                                    Location: Jirachi's Shrine
                                    Age: 19
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Posts: 15
                                    i love the DP editors.......
                                    __________________
                                    PC Family:

                                    Brother: EniruvTux
                                    Couzin:????NOBODY

                                    Hi..................... i've been not logging in for a long time........................................i miss all of the members here at PC...........(sniff).............☻☻☻
                                      #123    
                                    Old August 3rd, 2008 (7:48 AM).
                                    OutOfOrder's Avatar
                                    OutOfOrder OutOfOrder is offline
                                    Saving you from yourself...
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                                      Gender:
                                      Posts: 34
                                      I have heard that Swampert22 has made a hack tool called YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor). I was wondering where I can download this. I have searched everywhere, and I still cannot find anything...

                                      So if anyone could please tell me where I can download the YAPE program that would be very helpful.

                                      Thank you!
                                      __________________
                                      Need Help in My EMERALD Hack:
                                      Trainer Battle Script <---- Really need this one soon!
                                      Applymovement Script <--- This one is also pretty important!

                                      If you have any of these scripts for EMERALD VERSION then please pm me!

                                      Thanks!
                                        #124    
                                      Old August 3rd, 2008 (8:33 AM).
                                      gabe_k's Avatar
                                      gabe_k gabe_k is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Sep 2007
                                        Location: California
                                        Age: 23
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 588
                                        If it's not on the first page then swampert didn't make it.
                                          #125    
                                        Old August 30th, 2008 (6:46 AM).
                                        gof2234 gof2234 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Aug 2008
                                          Posts: 1
                                          Cool Tools i'm useing them all alot
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:09 PM.