Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old March 2nd, 2010 (10:30 PM).
0m3GA ARS3NAL's Avatar
0m3GA ARS3NAL 0m3GA ARS3NAL is offline
Im comin' home...
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Superjail Penitentiary
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 1,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by effigia777 View Post
how do i use this to open an already hacked rom? it seems it only works for unhacked roms and i just want to tweek a rom i got here a little.
The ROM has an edited header to prevent people from screwing with their games, you'll need to change it to a header of a real pokemon game.

(It's nearly disgraceful editing others games, but I'll tell you how to fix this...)

Open up a clean ROM in RHEA (Rom Header Editor Advance, A HackMew tool) and write down all of the numbers except the checksum (Since that is changed manually.)

Now, open up the Hacked one and replace everything you see with the numbers of the clean ROM. Save it, and now YAPE SHOULD be able to open it. If not, then the person who hacked the ROM changed the location of the pokemon data, can't help you there, lol.
__________________
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
.
.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Age: 18
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #302    
Old March 3rd, 2010 (7:17 AM).
effigia777 effigia777 is offline
     
    Join Date: Jan 2010
    Posts: 14
    hey, it's not like i'm going to change it and re-up it as my own. i'm just tweeking it for personal use. thanks for the help by the way.
    Reply With Quote
      #303    
    Old March 10th, 2010 (11:57 AM).
    Midori's Avatar
    Midori Midori is offline
    Deep Sea Tentacruel
       
      Join Date: Feb 2010
      Age: 27
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 30
      This contains no way to increase the total number of moves a pokemon learns. If this tool could make custom sized move tables and repoint to them, that would be awesome.
      Reply With Quote
        #304    
      Old March 15th, 2010 (2:32 PM).
      ville!'s Avatar
      ville! ville! is offline
      Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
         
        Join Date: Jan 2009
        Location: Perú
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Rash
        Posts: 53
        yape works for pokemon emerald (spanish version)?
        Reply With Quote
          #305    
        Old March 23rd, 2010 (3:57 PM).
        Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
        Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
        Pokémon Midnight Sun
           
          Join Date: Oct 2009
          Location: In the empty void they call my soul
          Age: 21
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 300
          I may have said this once... Whenever I try to open up YAPE, I get a box that says unhandled exception bla bla bla. I have kept all .dll files with it, and have the newest .NET framework. But I keep getting this stupid pile of, well, you know. I was wondering if anyone could think of any possible solution...
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #306    
          Old March 23rd, 2010 (8:26 PM).
          SkyX's Avatar
          SkyX SkyX is offline
          Epic Pokemon Ranger
             
            Join Date: Mar 2010
            Location: Earth
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naughty
            Posts: 4
            Men its cool i'll give it 10/5!!
            Reply With Quote
              #307    
            Old March 25th, 2010 (6:06 PM).
            TheFitz TheFitz is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2010
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3
              Is it just me, or can anyone else not edit the movesets of the ??? pokemon?

              Aside from that, it's an excellent tool.
              Reply With Quote
                #308    
              Old March 30th, 2010 (7:42 AM).
              A Peppermint Nightmare's Avatar
              A Peppermint Nightmare A Peppermint Nightmare is offline
              The Hitcher
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2010
                Location: Michigan
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 19
                I have the YAPE downloaded and get it open, but won't allow me access to anything. It says that there is no ROM loaded so I tried to open a ROM with it, but that didn't work either. Can anyone help me? Chances are I'm just being dumb.
                Nevermind I was just being dumb got it now and looks amazing very nice work
                __________________
                After the bright flash he fell and his wax wings melted away...
                Reply With Quote
                  #309    
                Old March 30th, 2010 (9:03 AM).
                Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                Pokémon Midnight Sun
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2009
                  Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Adamant
                  Posts: 300
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by A Peppermint Nightmare View Post
                  I have the YAPE downloaded and get it open, but won't allow me access to anything. It says that there is no ROM loaded so I tried to open a ROM with it, but that didn't work either. Can anyone help me? Chances are I'm just being dumb.
                  Nevermind I was just being dumb got it now and looks amazing very nice work
                  I had the same problem, what did you do to fix yours, 'cause mine still doesn't work...
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #310    
                  Old March 30th, 2010 (12:45 PM).
                  A Peppermint Nightmare's Avatar
                  A Peppermint Nightmare A Peppermint Nightmare is offline
                  The Hitcher
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2010
                    Location: Michigan
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 19
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
                    I had the same problem, what did you do to fix yours, 'cause mine still doesn't work...
                    I was dragging the entire zipped file into the program. Where all it wanted was .gba file if you go in the zip file there's usually two files inside and one will say, this is an example, Pokemon Emerald.gba and it's icon will look like a piece of white paper. That's what you need to open not the entire zip
                    __________________
                    After the bright flash he fell and his wax wings melted away...
                    Reply With Quote
                      #311    
                    Old March 30th, 2010 (1:12 PM).
                    ShinyBill ShinyBill is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2010
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hardy
                      Posts: 62
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TheFitz View Post
                      Is it just me, or can anyone else not edit the movesets of the ??? pokemon?

                      Aside from that, it's an excellent tool.
                      You'll need to repoint the table of the attacks of that Pokémon. It's an easy process.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #312    
                      Old March 30th, 2010 (3:08 PM).
                      A Peppermint Nightmare's Avatar
                      A Peppermint Nightmare A Peppermint Nightmare is offline
                      The Hitcher
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2010
                        Location: Michigan
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Modest
                        Posts: 19
                        Is there any way to create you're own pokemon and insert them into your hacks? Am I just in the wrong area
                        __________________
                        After the bright flash he fell and his wax wings melted away...
                        Reply With Quote
                          #313    
                        Old March 30th, 2010 (4:17 PM).
                        Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                        Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                        Pokémon Midnight Sun
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2009
                          Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 300
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by A Peppermint Nightmare View Post
                          I was dragging the entire zipped file into the program. Where all it wanted was .gba file if you go in the zip file there's usually two files inside and one will say, this is an example, Pokemon Emerald.gba and it's icon will look like a piece of white paper. That's what you need to open not the entire zip
                          I have no .gba files in my YAPE download...
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #314    
                          Old March 30th, 2010 (4:36 PM).
                          A Peppermint Nightmare's Avatar
                          A Peppermint Nightmare A Peppermint Nightmare is offline
                          The Hitcher
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2010
                            Location: Michigan
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 19
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
                            I have no .gba files in my YAPE download...
                            Open YAPE then click File under this click open right click the zip file of the game's rom. Then click extract all in the new unzipped folder of your rom there should be two files. One that says read me and is only about 1 kb and the rom file (ex. Pokemon Emerald.GBA) it will be about 13,384 kb that is the GBA file that you use. This is how I did it anyways, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
                            __________________
                            After the bright flash he fell and his wax wings melted away...
                            Reply With Quote
                              #315    
                            Old March 30th, 2010 (4:41 PM).
                            Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                            Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                            Pokémon Midnight Sun
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2009
                              Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Adamant
                              Posts: 300
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by A Peppermint Nightmare View Post
                              Open YAPE then click File under this click open right click the zip file of the game's rom. Then click extract all in the new unzipped folder of your rom there should be two files. One that says read me and is only about 1 kb and the rom file (ex. Pokemon Emerald.GBA) it will be about 13,384 kb that is the GBA file that you use. This is how I did it anyways, correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
                              I still get the "Unhandled exception" speech, and I've been trying to open normal .gba ROMs... Don't tell me to get the .dlls 'cause I extracted EVERYTHING to the same folder, and I have the .NET framework 3.5, so I'm good there... I guess YAPE just plain hates me...
                              __________________
                              Reply With Quote
                                #316    
                              Old March 30th, 2010 (4:58 PM). Edited March 30th, 2010 by Christos.
                              Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                              Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                              Pokémon Midnight Sun
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2009
                                Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                                Age: 21
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Adamant
                                Posts: 300
                                I don't think it's the ROMs. I get the same box that Gamer2020 got and showed in the first post of the thread. I have done everything I've read in this thread, but nothing's worked...
                                __________________
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #317    
                                Old March 30th, 2010 (6:23 PM).
                                Shiny Quagsire's Avatar
                                Shiny Quagsire Shiny Quagsire is offline
                                I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2009
                                  Location: Hoenn Safari Zone
                                  Age: 19
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Jolly
                                  Posts: 700
                                  I think there should be information exporting, you know, for alternate forms.
                                  __________________



                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #318    
                                  Old March 30th, 2010 (8:28 PM).
                                  A Peppermint Nightmare's Avatar
                                  A Peppermint Nightmare A Peppermint Nightmare is offline
                                  The Hitcher
                                     
                                    Join Date: Mar 2010
                                    Location: Michigan
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Modest
                                    Posts: 19
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
                                    I don't think it's the ROMs. I get the same box that Gamer2020 got and showed in the first post of the thread. I have done everything I've read in this thread, but nothing's worked...
                                    You might just need to try and re-download the YAPE program. With my YAPE file I downloaded I extracted all and then went into the extracted folder. In that folder I made a shortcut to YAPE and put that on my desktop without touching anything else. Then I just drag and drop my Pokemon Emerald.gba rom into it. Also when opening you're rom in YAPE make sure you have it set to GBA Roms (*.gba) next to the File name:
                                    __________________
                                    After the bright flash he fell and his wax wings melted away...
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #319    
                                    Old March 30th, 2010 (8:38 PM). Edited March 30th, 2010 by Darkest Shade of Light.
                                    Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                                    Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                                    Pokémon Midnight Sun
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2009
                                      Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                                      Age: 21
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Adamant
                                      Posts: 300
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by A Peppermint Nightmare View Post
                                      You might just need to try and re-download the YAPE program. With my YAPE file I downloaded I extracted all and then went into the extracted folder. In that folder I made a shortcut to YAPE and put that on my desktop without touching anything else. Then I just drag and drop my Pokemon Emerald.gba rom into it. Also when opening you're rom in YAPE make sure you have it set to GBA Roms (*.gba) next to the File name:
                                      That would end up being the 13th time that I would have re-downloaded...
                                      By unhandled exception, I mean the box pops up BEFORE the program is running...
                                      And yes, I do have it set to (*.gba).
                                      I have tried everything I've read on this entire thread (took forever) and nothing has worked. I'm thinking of just learning C++ and making my own program!
                                      __________________
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #320    
                                      Old March 31st, 2010 (2:24 AM).
                                      ShinyBill ShinyBill is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2010
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Hardy
                                        Posts: 62
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by A Peppermint Nightmare View Post
                                        Is there any way to create you're own pokemon and insert them into your hacks? Am I just in the wrong area
                                        There are 25 free slots. The ???. You need to import the sprites and and edit all the stats. For the attacks, just see my post in top of yours.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #321    
                                        Old March 31st, 2010 (11:27 AM).
                                        A Peppermint Nightmare's Avatar
                                        A Peppermint Nightmare A Peppermint Nightmare is offline
                                        The Hitcher
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2010
                                          Location: Michigan
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Modest
                                          Posts: 19
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by ShinyBill View Post
                                          There are 25 free slots. The ???. You need to import the sprites and and edit all the stats. For the attacks, just see my post in top of yours.
                                          Could you give me a link with a tutorial or give me a little more in depth instruction on how to do it? Also how would you create the new pokemon image and import it? As I'm sure you can tell this is a very new thing for me and I don't know anything about it. Thanks for the help

                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
                                          That would end up being the 13th time that I would have re-downloaded...
                                          By unhandled exception, I mean the box pops up BEFORE the program is running...
                                          And yes, I do have it set to (*.gba).
                                          I have tried everything I've read on this entire thread (took forever) and nothing has worked. I'm thinking of just learning C++ and making my own program!
                                          Well I guess I'm out of ideas on how to get it to work then sorry hopefully someone else can help. Good luck with learning your C++
                                          __________________
                                          After the bright flash he fell and his wax wings melted away...
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #322    
                                          Old March 31st, 2010 (11:41 AM).
                                          Darkest Shade of Light's Avatar
                                          Darkest Shade of Light Darkest Shade of Light is offline
                                          Pokémon Midnight Sun
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2009
                                            Location: In the empty void they call my soul
                                            Age: 21
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 300
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by A Peppermint Nightmare View Post
                                            Well I guess I'm out of ideas on how to get it to work then sorry hopefully someone else can help. Good luck with learning your C++
                                            Well, I don't really need YAPE now because I figured out how to HEX edit Pokédex data... BTW, I've already started C++. I just never finished...
                                            __________________
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #323    
                                            Old March 31st, 2010 (1:05 PM).
                                            ShinyBill ShinyBill is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Feb 2010
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Hardy
                                              Posts: 62
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by A Peppermint Nightmare View Post
                                              Could you give me a link with a tutorial or give me a little more in depth instruction on how to do it? Also how would you create the new pokemon image and import it? As I'm sure you can tell this is a very new thing for me and I don't know anything about it. Thanks for the help
                                              This is a good thread. There are betters but there are worst too. On the last step, the attacks, just go to the last post, it's a post, by my xD, on how to add attacks without removing others.

                                              Link
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #324    
                                              Old April 1st, 2010 (1:29 PM).
                                              Wild Electrode's Avatar
                                              Wild Electrode Wild Electrode is offline
                                              Imma use Esplosion!
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Mar 2010
                                                Location: Power Plant
                                                Age: 23
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Quirky
                                                Posts: 17
                                                Incredible, this is really the best one I've found.
                                                It's easy to use, and the design and such is fantastic.
                                                Excellent work! I can finally have Gyarados learn Crunch and Outrage.

                                                All it needs is a sprite editor, so it's possible to make your own Pokedex. At least I think you could do that.
                                                __________________
                                                WILD ELECTRODE APPEARED!
                                                FC: 0603-8506-6982
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #325    
                                                Old April 12th, 2010 (4:50 PM).
                                                mr.nintendo88 mr.nintendo88 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Posts: 1
                                                  my YAPE isnt working and well it sucksand yes i have been using advanced map but what do you mean when A-Map is on? please Respond
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                  Reply
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:41 AM.