• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other Games Rules [Updated 8/31/09]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • General Rules

Discussions

When discussing a game or system, try to keep the discussion level-headed. While you may enjoy a particular game or system, not everyone will. Try to refrain from letting debates become heated and remember that everyone has their preferences and enjoyments. Spamming a topic because you do not enjoy the game being discussed will only create problems, as will posting in a topic to tell why you hate the game.

If you are going to post a thread about a game you dislike, do not flamebait. Give the reasons why you don't like it and ask other members to give their opinions. You will receive an infraction if your thread is deemed to be an attempt to start arguments.

If you truly wish to discuss your reasons for hating the game, then post it with calmness and an actual opinion. Posting like this: "I hate [game here] because it's not fun," is hardly a reliable reason, so attempt to give reasons as to why the game is not fun. Do not attempt to change someone else's opinion of a game. The odds of successfully getting them to agree with your opinion if it is different than theirs is slim-to-none and will only create problems.

Always back up your posts with solid facts and evidence as your posts will seem much more reliable if information is needed on a game. Do not post false information about a game, if you know it is false. Once again, this creates unneeded problems. If your thread is based on false information, it will be closed as soon as the false information is discovered.

Do not simply post "I agree with him/her." Try to involve yourself and post something worth reading. Simply posting that you agree is counted as spam as it does nothing for the topic.

Spoilers

Spoilers are expected in many threads you will encounter here. Read at your own risk! But to those that are posting spoilers, try to be respectful and put them in spoiler tags to keep from ruining someone else's fun.​

Tournaments

Do not post tournament threads unless given approval by myself. As tournaments are currently in the process of being configured and decided, threads about tournaments of games we're planning to do would only cause confusion.

If you wish to create a tournament for a game, please private message me and ask for approval before posting. Otherwise, your thread will be locked with no warning and no exceptions. This isn't a hard rule to follow, so try to abide by it!

Threads given approval by myself may be posted and competed in, but any issues with the tournament or cheating should be brought to my attention through private messaging with the issue at hand and it will be dealt with. If flaming or spamming becomes prominent in the thread, along with cheating or unfair sportsmanship, the thread will be locked to avoid any issues.​

Privacy/Trading

Friend Codes and the Like

The staff wish and expect that you would keep information that is important to you, to yourselves. This includes phone numbers, addresses, names, email address, IM handles, online game nicks, Friend Codes and anything else that is personal and can act as a way of contacting you. You are allowed to disclose such information if you so please, but you are under no such obligation and it is your responsibility to keep such information private or public if you want.

All that is asked is that you be mindful of who you give information out to. The best and safest way to exchange gamertags and Friend Codes is via PM, not in threads which are accessible to everyone.

Do NOT post threads asking for FCs or battle partners. If you really need a battle partner, make a thread about the game you wish to play and others interested in the same game may post.

Trading

Alongside privacy, it is advised that when trading you trade responsibly and safely. Giving away rare items in games and receiving something of less or no value is possible and happens often. If you have been cheated during a trade, no action can be taken for the loss of your item.

Certain games like Animal Crossing allow others with your Friend Code to visit your town and interact with you. While this may be fun, many people have had their towns ruined by people. Nothing can be done about this, so please play responsibly and intelligently.​

Along with these rules, the community rules of PC apply.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back