• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what your opinion on this matter?

DarkAnubisX

Rare hunter
Years
most people are saying that pokemon is going too far in a way... yahh know tv, merchindise, card, and video games... they even have pokemon cars (real ones) whats your appin

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
you mean "opinion"? XD

I think that once pokemon merchandise stepped outside the bounds of the entertainmen t industry, then it officially went too far. The video games, movies, anime, TCG are all cool; the cars, planes, food products are kinda over the line...

Nintendo is in the business for the money...

Pichu2

Deep in my Pikachu!
Years
well lol... there are airplanes you know that...? What are you going to do if you want Pokemon to be popular? well okay cars with Pikachu it's pretty cute, but it sure the person that will buy it's not that silly to go around of the city with that car. Maybe there is some...

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
I've seen a Ghostbusters car on the interstate once. :D Btu seriously, I don't think it's geting out of hand. (Although the Pokemon theme park they're building in Japan in 2005 does sound kinda extreme. )

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
A pokemon theme park o_O That's going to go over about as well as if there was a Disney's EuroCalifornia Adventure Land...

The cars and the planes were way too excessive, and nobody buys the toys probably (though I bought the figure pack with Mudkip and Absol in it admittedly out of pity for the franchise), but beyond that I think they're doing ok...the TCG is on its last legs, though, I wonder if they're going to keep beating that dead horse or if they're going to continue producing it...

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
A Pokemon theme park?! Whoa! That gives me another reason to visit Japan!

I personally don't think that they're going too far with this. I would rather them have a lot of different products over hardly any at all. More selection for the fans!

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
I would rather they make fewer of the stupid stuff (planes, cars, and WTF a theme park?!), and concentrate on making more cool stuff (the games of course and more toys, like a well-made Hitmonchan I've always wanted and a stuffed Mightyena and Electabuzz I'd love to have too).

Shion

Uso da!!!
Years
It is cute, what is wrong with it?

Don't be so mean, dissing Pokemon fans for doing these things!

A Pokemon theme park will be a dream come true!

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Pokemon a few years back, was everywere, common we were attaked by all the Pokemon stuff, it was GREAT! It has calmed down abit now, in england (were i live) theres not much anymore, just a few odd advanced pokemon toys, I think they should bring it back aagain!

Username

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
Years
Bianca said:
It is cute, what is wrong with it?

Don't be so mean, dissing Pokemon fans for doing these things!

A Pokemon theme park will be a dream come true!

Oh boo hoo, I hate the idea of a theme park, so what? I'm not dissing fans, I'm stating that I think products like these are wasteful and make the fandom look bad.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
Years
Hehe, indeed. A plane is a bit too much. But a theme park? I see nothing wron with that. There's theme parks dedicated to Walt Disney and his movies, so why not Pokemon? It'd be cool to go!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
I've been seeing the new toys in stores, and I'm gald for it. I've been collecting them, keepin ghtem in their boxes to maintain collectors value. I still need Aggron, Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile, Absol, Grovyle, and Kyogre to get all the ones that are currently out. The toys are coming back, and i'm loving it! :D

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
I don't like the TV show...its totally for kids...the Video Games and Manga ^_^ now we're talking...

You've just been Clipped

Splashing Mew

PC's Poet Laureate
Years
It's not like we can't walk down the block without seeing a person dressed up as Pikachu... It's not at all out of hand. All franchises have merchandise. Pokemon is no where near as rediculous as star-trek *Puts up flame shield* Thank you ebay!

~Splash

Back