• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splash Attack

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
Years
So, i remember when i was little, my friend said that the attack, Splash, had some secret power, or use.

I always thought, hey maybe this was true.
A few years ago, when playing Ruby, my other friend said that splash would be some super powerful attack some day.

Have you ever thought splash had some secret meaning?
Or is it just me and my whacko friends.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Oh man, I remember that myth. The first generation seriously had some hilarious rumors. (No offense intended or anything, but this is the generation that insisted you could get a Mist Stone by Digging in the water around Cinnabar and can use said stone to evolve Mew into a completely new Pokemon that no one knows about. And then there's the one where if you used a Fire Stone on a level 100 Dragonite you traded from Blue to Red and back, it would evolve into Yoshi. And the ones about Pikablu and Togepi.)

Anyway, no, I haven't. It's probably because the first time I heard it was on Azure Heights' forum, if I recall correctly (if not, a similar old school Pokemon forum), in a thread that went into detail about why it's not true. All Splash is good for, though, is preventing you from just using Struggle to save yourself after you spend all of your Tackle PPs... assuming Magikarp even survives that.

ximmortaldavex

looking for cookies.......
Years
i remember being told by my friend that if you train a magikarp to lvl 100 without evolving it in pkmn blue, splash would turn into a 1 hit K/O attack. He was probably lying though o_O

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
i remember being told by my friend that if you train a magikarp to lvl 100 without evolving it in pkmn blue, splash would turn into a 1 hit K/O attack. He was probably lying though o_O

Yep. That's pretty much the most major rumor about Splash you can find on the 'net. He was lying.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I always thought there was a secret meaning to that move, but nope there is nothing about it. lol

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
Years
On another forum there was a rumor about how there was a chance that Magikarp could attack with Splash. Although, they said it was even rarer of your chances of finding a shiny. Sounds like a pile of bologna to me. x]
Splash has NO effect. If you don't believe me search YouTube. Videos of everything are there, except a Magikarp Splash attack.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Oh wow xD
This is the second time this month I've found an appropriate place to post this flash;

[agelimit]anyone who doesn't mind foul language[/agelimit]
If foul language offends you, stay away!

Probably one of the funniest flash videos I've ever seen. :3

I watch that all the time, LMAO.

Splash is actually quite powerful. What else kept them alive from the Sharpedo's, the Carvahna's and all the general other sea pokes? ( Despite eventually devolving itself from a super-strong poke 100's of years ago and always "running" away.)

Jebel35

Legendary Seeker
Years
I remember hearing something about the move splash being combined with the move bounce to create a powerful move of some sort...
But i didn't buy it. lol

Mystery2009

The Legacy Begins Now
Years
So, i remember when i was little, my friend said that the attack, Splash, had some secret power, or use.

A few years ago, when playing Ruby, my other friend said that splash would be some super powerful attack some day.

you and your wacko friends are losing it. you guys should drink battery acid like me its acidy ^_^

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
Years

I actually am on the same page as you. My friend told me that splash can turn into
a really powerful move, but it is very rare! I always wondered about it...

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
How long is that splash vid on newgrounds? XD ten minutes in and it aint finishing.

Lol, it never ends. Have you ever heard of Actionscript? It's what you use to code in Flash. What they did was script the video to play a random scene each time. That's why it never ends xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
There's always at least one completely useless thing in any RPG, and Splash is it in Pokemon. Splash only serves to render Magikarp unable to do anything until evolved.
Some people just like to think there's something more to things like this, but there obviously isn't.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
Years
I never thought of something good about the Splash Attack. Yep. Splash is useless. It can be useful if you edit/hack on it.

Back