• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Dragons (PG-13 for mature themes later)

Years
  • Heya! ^_^

Here's my next major fanfiction! I'm not expecting this as long as Ties of Love and Friendship but I bet this will extract the "darkness" in my writing skills. Before, I consider this fanfiction as a darkfic...but...I'm not really sure...

Author's notes: None. I don't want to spoil anything. I just wanted to say that some characters are from Pokemon Special. This fanfiction is PG-13. You have been warned.

Disclaimer: Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, Gamefreak, Monsters, etc. Pokemon Special is written by Hindenori Kusaka, and drawn by MATO and Satoshi Yamamoto.

Call of Dragons
    by Oni Flygon

Prologue:

The ocean tides roared as they crashed against the rocky walls of the steep cliff. Jagged rocks strewn across the ocean floor?anyone unfortunate to fall will suffer a horrid and painful death. The vast ocean reflected the color of the setting sun. The once blue ocean was now colored in shades of red and orange.

Up above the rocky crag, at the edge of the cliff, a blonde haired girl stood there, gazing at the setting sun. Her deep, blue eyes were glazed with tears. Dirt and tears marred her beautiful face. Her clothes looked haggard and dirty. She was barefoot and her blue denim jeans were worn, faded and sagged to her feet. She balled her fist, as she tried to forget what just happened a few months ago. Her yellow clothes were soiled and sewn as if they were torn from her body some time ago. The teenage girl continued to cry as the sunset reminded her of the days when she was young?the girl?s long hair was untied as she let it flow with the wind?

?This is it?if I do this quickly?I won?t feel anything anymore?? She thought desperately as she tore her eyes from blood red sunset.

She looked down below at the craggy cliff and summed up her courage. She didn?t hear the familiar voice from behind calling her name?it called her once?twice?she didn?t reply because her anguish made her deaf?deaf to the boy she loved and deaf to the ocean?s roaring waves. She closed her eyes tightly, letting out the final wave of tears from her eyes?

?There?s no turning back??

She could smell the fresh ocean breeze?the cool, soothing waters of the ocean?she could imagine the blood red crags below, awaiting her?

?YELLOW!?

?No?I can?t??

She moved forward, slowly and steadily. She was ready to fall?

?NO!?

Before she could fall down the harsh waters of the ocean below, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her. Finally, she returned to the world that she knew?her senses returned as she could feel the arms that held her back from her own death?

She looked behind him to see the brown haired boy she knew when she was young. He was holding her back and he embraced her affectionately.

?Don?t do that!?

She looked up at the boy?s infuriated green eyes. Her lips trembled as she began to cry once more?

?Why did you stop me?? She sobbed as she felt her legs give way. ?Why did you have to love me before??

?Don?t say that!? He yelled at her as he still held her back. He helped her walk away from the cliff as she continued to cry. The sun was already gone and the pale moon shined above them. The stars twinkled up above, shining softly as the two sat down together. The boy comforted the girl, trying to stop her from crying.

?Why did you have to do that??

??I don?t want to live anymore?? She replied to his question in a whisper.

A cool gale followed her reply. The trees rattled as wilted, brown leaves fell from their branches. The trees heard the girl?s sobs?

As the girl said those words, the boy threw his arms around her. ?Why? Why do you have to do that?? The girl?s sobs were the reply.

The boy waited for an answer from her?he loved her so much?but after the incident a few months ago, she wasn?t the same anymore?she wasn?t the same cheerful girl that he had known a long time ago.

?I can?t live life like this anymore. I just don?t want to live?? Came her reply.

The wind blew harder and harder and the trees rattled violently. Soon, the boy held her tightly to make her warm. He could still imagine her painful sobs when his friend bought her in that one fateful day?

?Why does my life have to be this way, Green?? She sobbed as she wrapped her arms around her lover. ?Why, why??

Green didn?t reply. She wasn?t the girl that he knew two months before that fateful incident happened. Before, she was the cheery sixteen-year-old that he loved so much?but now?she was different. And he couldn?t do anything about it but devoted his life for her?

?Don?t worry?remember my promise?? He looked down at her and gave her a loving smile shined by the moon?s brilliance.

She looked up to him and deep inside her, a desire to live came up once more?she smiled back at him weakly.

?There we go!? Green exclaimed happily. ?That?s the Yellow I know!? He kissed her quickly to the forehead?something that cheered her up.

?Thanks?Green??

Chapter 1

Dennis whistled happily as he reached the front steps of his old home. The fifteen-year-old blonde just finished his training in Johto. He gazed happily at his old home and wore a wide smile. Behind him, the sea created the sound of the calm, cool waves hitting the sandy beach. His old home overlooked the navy blue sea that stretched through the horizon and finally touching the azure sky, strewn with white, fluffy clouds, and up above, the sun shined its bright, warm rays.

He dusted his dark blue jeans and tapped his boots to remove the dirt under them. He dusted his short-sleeved red shirt and straightened up his sandy blonde hair. He?s going to meet his family again. It was exactly a year ever since he left for Johto.

Dennis finally reached the screen door and pulled it back to open it. The willow door was next. He knocked on the old wooden door, marked with scratches that he inflicted on the door when he was young?something he did for fun and was scolded for it. As he finished knocking, he waited for a reply?he readied his own smile, ready to meet his mother.

?I?ll get it!? He heard a loud, muffled yell from the inside. He recognized the voice almost immediately. It was a young girl?s voice?his sister.

Dennis heard the lock quickly unlatch and the dark brown willow door quickly swung open. He looked to see her sister?s bright green eyes. His sister?s short dark brown hair was tied into pigtails as her joyful expression showed in her face. She squealed and leapt to her brother with her arms wide open.

?Dennis!? She squealed happily as she threw her arms around her older brother. Dennis leaned down since he was basically taller than his little sister, who was ten years old. ?Big bro, I missed you so much!?

Dennis gave her a quick hug and kiss. ?Hey, Amy! How?s it going??

Amy quickly parted with a smile. ?Oh nothing much. We?ve been waiting for you a long time ago and you really made mom worry!?

?Speaking of mom, where is she??

Dennis looked inside and quickly saw a woman with bright blue eyes and long yellow hair, standing on the doorway. A smile was on her face.

?Mom!?

His mother quickly moved towards him and threw her arms around him. ?Welcome home, son,? She cried happily as her tight hug wrapped around him. ?We missed you so much!?

?Mom! I missed you, too!? Dennis replied as he closed his eyes. He was finally home?away from the wilderness and once again in the walls of the family that he loved and the family that loves him back. But there was someone missing? ?Where?s dad??

As his mother quickly parted from her embrace, she looked straight into Dennis? eyes. He had grown already and he was now the same height as his own mother. ?Oh your father is out in the laboratory again. He?s always busy,? She then smiled. ?Dennis, why don?t you come in now??

He nodded affirmatively as they went inside. He looked around his old home?everything was still the same ever since he left. Well, except for the crayon scrawls on the white wall. The same sofa was still sitting against the wall and the same tall lamp was still on the corner.

?Amy, did you draw on the walls again?? Dennis? mother began to scold her.

Amy grinned guiltily. ?I was bored. And they?re for Dennis, mommy!? She then looked up to her older brother. ?Do you like them, Dennis??

Dennis nodded happily as he looked at them. ?Yeah, I really like them!? He looked at drawings and noticed that his little sister drew pictures of his own Pok?mon. A long, blue, slim Pok?mon surrounded a tall, orange monster with small wings and short antennas with a would-be jewel on the head. There were more drawings but Dennis didn?t seem to make them out?

?We have to clean this up before your father comes home, young lady!? Dennis? mother scolded Amy.

?Mom! It?s for Dennis!? She pleaded, trying to win her brother?s attention.

?Don?t worry mom, we?ll clean it up!? Dennis quickly replied before his mother could say another word.

She looked at him tensely. ?Are you sure, Dennis? You just arrived and you might be tired??

?Oh don?t worry!? Dennis replied with a smile. ?I?ll be fine!?

~*~*~*~

?That was supposed to be your Dragonite!? Amy exclaimed as she washed her sponge with the bucket near her.

?Oh it is?? Dennis replied guiltily as he smiled as squinted to see if the Dragonite would resemble his. ?It looks cool??

?And that?s your Dragonair, that?s your Gyarados, that?s your Kingdra?? Amy pointed at her drawings on the wall. Dennis couldn?t say anything but just grin as she continued to point out his Pok?mon. ?And that?s your Charizard!?

?Cool,? Dennis replied as he took out the sponge from the bucket and began washing off the ?Dragonite.?

Amy looked down at her sponge, which was slightly orange in color and it was worn and torn. ?Dennis, can I see your Pok?mon again after we finish cleaning??

?Sure! I?ve made them stronger, too!? Dennis smiled as he glanced to his sister.

?Really? You?re the best big bro!? She exclaimed happily as she began to wash off her drawing on the wall enthusiastically.

~*~*~*~

Dennis quickly took out his six Pok?balls. He was outside with his sister in the garden behind their home.

?Ready?? He yelled.

She nodded enthusiastically as she jumped up and down. ?Ready!? She exclaimed.

He threw up one red and white sphere in the air and out came a light blue, slender Pok?mon with a long elegant body and a jewel on its head.

?Yay!? Amy exclaimed gleefully as she came and hugged the Dragonair. ?You?re awesome, big bro!? She smiled gleefully.

?There?s more!? Dennis exclaimed as he threw up another Pok?ball. Out came a huge orange Pok?mon with small wings and short, stubby feet. It gentle eyes looked down at little Amy. She squealed out loud as she ran up to the Dragonite and hugged it.

Dennis smiled as he joined his little sister with his Pok?mon. Dennis has an obsession with dragon Pok?mon. Even when he was young, these mysterious beasts mystified him. Now, his team is composed mostly of dragons except for his starter, which was a Charizard now.

Amy giggled as she hugged her brother next. ?You?re the best big brother, Dennis!? She exclaimed happily as she hugged his neck.

?Hey, no prob! You?re my little sister!? Dennis laughed as her sister played with his Pok?mon that afternoon. She said that she wanted to be like him someday. She wanted to be strong like her big brother and wanted to travel.

?Come on, let?s go inside,? Dennis suggested when he noticed that dusk surrounded them. He returned his dragons back to his Pok?ball and held little Amy?s hand.

She yawned as they walked towards their house. As they stepped on the front steps, Dennis could already hear his mother?s voice talking with someone else. He grabbed the knob and twisted it and peered inside. Amy also peered inside, bewildered to what was happening.

?Dad?? He stepped in and greeted his father, a tall, man with matted brown hair and green eyes?much like Amy. He was still wearing his white lab coat and his reading glasses. He was sitting on one of the chairs with the kitchen table, chatting happily with his wife who was washing dishes in front of the sink.

?Dennis, it?s good to see you, son!? He greeted him back with a smile.

?Daddy!? Amy exclaimed as she ran towards him and leapt on his lap. She gave him a quick kiss to the cheek.

?How?s little Amy, too?? He asked his daughter.

?I?m fine, daddy! Dennis showed me his Pok?mon again!? She exclaimed happily as she sat on her father?s lap.

Dennis smiled happily, seeing his father once more. ?Dad, it?s been a long time!?

His father nodded. ?How is your training, son??

?It?s doing great!? He replied happily as he sat down on a chair next to the table. His sister was playing with her father?s necktie.

?Daddy, you should see Dennis! His Pok?mon are really stronger now!?

?Oh really? I?m sure you can beat your old dad now since your sister claims you to be stronger!? He laughed out loud.

?Sorta, dad. I?m still not finished with my training though. I?m going to travel around Kanto for a change.?

?Oh really?? His mother suddenly exclaimed. ?I thought you?ve finished wandering around Kanto.?

Dennis turned around to his mother. ?Since I know a lot about Kanto, I can travel a lot easier!?

?Good decision,? Dennis? father replied. ?Well, just be careful around these days. It was just in the news that two kids got kidnapped from their town,?

Amy looked at her father sternly. ?You mean kids like me, dad??

Her father laughed. ?No, not kids like you, sweetie.? He then turned his attention to Dennis. ?Dennis, son. You have to be careful these days. Sometimes, things just happen to appear out of nowhere and suddenly, you?re caught in between.?

Dennis didn?t know what this meant at first?but soon he is going to learn what it meant. He nodded in reply even though it didn?t make sense. His sister simply smiled as she continued to play with her father?s necktie.

To be Continued...

My intentions: Before you correct me or something, I intended the first chapter to be short.

Last edited:

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    Awsome start oni!!
    Yellow and Green's kids, cool!!
    so he's a dragon trainer, that must exsplane the title ^^
    I cant wait to read more!!

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Great start! Now I can actually read it without trying to catch up!

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Ang galing, Oni! Simula pa lang, ang ganda na kaagad.

Translation:
    It's very very -very- good, Oni! It's just the start and it's so awesome.
    ---===---===---===---
    You're a great writer. Can't wait to read more.

Hehe, I ate lots of sweets and I'm kinda hyper right now. Gomen. ^^;;

Years
  • Ah, salamat! marami no akong sinusulat no istorya dati pa, eh...XD

(Thanks! I used to write a stories a lot back then...)

Years
  • New chapter! I intended not to add a chapter today...but a lot of people seems to have read it... ^_^

I'm happy that a lot of people read and reviewed! So, I hope you guys will like this next chapter. I'm currently working on Chapter 3..so..this is quite close up. Well, the good thing is that I dont' have to think up with a chapter name! XD

Chapter 2

Dennis was finally happy that he?s home again. Night already shrouded the world with darkness. Dennis found himself in his old room on his bed. He rested his head on his arms, which were positioned, at the back of his head to make himself comfortable. He stared at the dark ceiling thinking of what to do tomorrow with his little sister.

His room was neatly cleaned since nobody uses it until now. He remembered clearly when his father always read him stories so that he can go to sleep. He remembered when his mother often sang him to sleep when he was a kid. He missed those days.

He yawned as he stretched his arms and made himself comfortable with his pillow and blanket. The room, which was surrounded in darkness eventually, took him to sleep.

~*~*~*~

?No!? A shriek echoed in the darkness.

?Please, stop it!? It was a girl?s voice. Her young voice reverberated on the walls of total darkness.

The young girl?s voice screamed as the body was held against its will. Her shrieks were drowned with laughter. It was a jeering laughter filled with malign thoughts and evil deeds. The laughter boomed and echoed in the darkness.

?NO!? The girl cried. She was crying. Her struggle was futile as the evil laugh continued on. The girl let out one last cry of desperation?and then there was silence.

The silence was broken when the girl started to cry. Her soft sobs can be heard in the silence. The soft rustling of leaves followed. A girl was heard crying deep in the forest?

?Dennis!?

?Huh? What?? Dennis sat up quickly as he pushed away his covers. ?Where?s the girl?? He blinked and looked around. He intended to scan the room but met his sister?s hazel eyes. She was sitting on top of him and she just woke him up with a loud yell.

?Girl? Oh! Dennis has a girlfriend!? Amy exclaimed happily as she teased him.

?No it?s not a girlfriend!? He argued back.

?Then what is it, Denis? C?mon, big brother! Tell me!? Amy said gleefully as she approached Dennis.

?It?s a weird dream?I just heard this girl?s voices and she was trying to fight back this guy who laughs a lot?I think,? Denis muttered as he rubbed his eyes. He then yawned and stretched his arms. ?What?s for breakfast anyway??

?We have cereal?? Amy replied. ?I think that?s it??

?Really? Oh well?at least we have something to eat?? Dennis muttered.

?Yep!? She exclaimed as she jumped down Dennis? bed. ?Oh yeah, Dennis! There?s a girl downstairs who wants to meet you!?

?Girl?? A puzzled look spread through Dennis? face. ?What do you mean??

?Just go downstairs, Dennis! She sure looks pretty! Is she your girlfriend?? She teased as she walked out of his room.

?No!? Dennis yelled and then hoped out of bed.

~*~*~*~

As Dennis walked down the stairs, dressed and refreshed, he headed straight towards the living room where the so-called girl was. The girl?was in fact, someone he knew from his journeys.

The brunette gave him a quick smile as she straightened her unzipped blue jacket. Inside that jacket was a dark shirt that fitted just right for the girl. Her blue denim jeans fitted her nicely and she wore neat sneakers. Her bright, green eyes twinkled. She was a girl Dennis? age. ?Dennis, long time, no see!? She chimed as quickly rushed towards Dennis and threw her arms around him.

?Whoa!? Dennis yelled as the two crashed to the floor. Luckily, Dennis landed on a carpet. ?Easy, Nina!?

Nina quickly let go of Dennis as she sat up and giggled. ?It took me a lot of time to find you, Dennis. I didn?t know you live in Pallet town,?

?Well, you do now,? Dennis muttered as he sat up, too.

As he sat up, Dennis? mother entered the room. ?Dennis, why didn?t you tell us that you were going to bring a friend?? She scolded him.

?Mom, she just came here and I didn?t know about it!? Dennis replied as he helped Nina stand up.

?It?s nice to meet you, Missus Oak,? Nina smiled as she greeted Dennis? mom.

?Why thank you,? Dennis? mother replied. ?And if I have heard correct, you are Nina,?

Nina nodded affirmatively and with excitement. ?I?ve helped Dennis before in Kanto and Johto,?

Dennis smiled guiltily as his mother scolded him about introducing friends to parents. He just nodded as his mother continued to scold him. He didn?t notice his little sister go up to the stranger.

?Hi?? Amy greeted Nina shyly. ?My name?s Amy??

Nina smiled as she bent her knees to match Amy?s height?even though her height was up to Dennis? shoulders. ?Nice to meet you, Amy. You?re Dennis? little sister, right?? She smiled happily. ?I?m Nina.?

?Nina?? Amy repeated. ?Do you like Dennis??

?What?? Dennis exploded as his sister asked the question.

Nina blushed as Amy asked her with curiosity. ?What?what do you mean by that??

Amy smiled malevolently. ?Are you Dennis? girlfriend??

Nina giggled as she blushed again. ?No, I?m not his girlfriend,? She then lowered her voice so that Dennis was the only one who could hear it. ?I wish I was?? She giggled again as Dennis scowled at her.

?Amy, don?t ask something like that,? Her mother, scolded her. ?Your brother?s really sensitive about that.?

?I?m not sensitive, mom!? Dennis raised his voice in frustration.

Amy simply giggled as she ran out of the living room. Missus Oak sighed. ?I?m sorry, Nina. Amy?s always like that.?

?No, it?s okay, Missus Oak. She?s really cute!? She grinned as he nudged Dennis.

?Ah, I see. By the way, have you had breakfast already?? She asked her.

She shook her head and then, she felt her stomach growl. ?Er?I think I haven?t really?? She smiled guiltily as she scratched her head.

?Oh, that?s fine. Any friend of Dennis is welcome here!?

Nina felt relieved to see Missus Oak?s smile. ?Thank you, Missus Oak!?

Before Dennis? mother could leave, Dennis asked her a question. ?Hey mom, where?s dad??

She stopped and turned around. ?Oh, he?s off to work again. He?s always rushing. Don?t worry he?ll be back at noon. I hope that?s enough time to introduce your friend to him,?

Dennis nodded as his mother instructed them to wait first in the living room. They both sat together in the sofa and tried to start up a conversation together?just to catch up some things.

?So how is life, my dragon-obsessed friend?? Nina teased Dennis as she nudged him. She has the habit of always nudging Dennis by the elbow. Dennis usually becomes annoyed when Nina does this.

?As usual?? Dennis muttered. ?And stop calling me that!?

Nina laughed as she stretched her arms. ?Well it?s true isn?t it? You?re always obsessed with your dragons!?

Dennis muttered something about having favorites and then looked at the lamp, which was standing on the end table next to him. ?Hey Nina, what happened to Vincent, anyway?? Now it was Dennis? turn to tease her. A wide smirk spread across his face.

Dennis knows that Vincent is the boy that has a crush on her way back when they were kids. Nina finds Vincent just as a friend and not as a lover. Dennis hated Vincent for taking advantage over Nina on one occasion he couldn?t forget. Nina?s expression changed from the cheerful, bubbling attitude to an irritated one. She looked on the opposite side and just remained silent.

?I guess he?s fine then,? Dennis teased her then grinned.

Before Dennis could say more, Nina changed the entire subject. She faced Dennis sternly. ?Hey Dennis, have you heard the news about those kids who got kidnapped in Lavender town?? She asked him anxiously as she rubbed her hands together.

Dennis paused for a while and then remembered what his father told him yesterday. ?Yeah, I just heard it yesterday,? Dennis muttered in reply.

Nina scratched her head as she began to think. ?I heard from someone that the kids that were kidnapped were kids like us, Dennis??

??What do you mean??

?They?re just like us, Dennis. They were trainers and teenagers. And I bet the suspect must be some kind of??

??Nah, you?re just saying that.? Dennis muttered as he looked at her. ?What are the chances??

?I?m telling you that we might be in danger?? Nina insisted.

??Yeah, yeah.? Dennis muttered. Just then, his mother came in the room.

?Breakfast is ready, guys!? She called and then went back to the kitchen.

?Oh well, let?s go eat something,? Dennis urged her as he stood up.

?Suit yourself. If you crawl back to me and ask me help because you?re getting kidnapped, the first thing I say is: ?I told you so!?

~*~*~*~

?You look a lot like your mom,? Nina commented as she and Dennis sat on the beach.

Amy was playing on the sand, making sand castles as she laughed cheerfully. The waves landed on the sandy shore and emitted a gentle sound. Both of them stared off into the horizon. The peaceful waves foamed as they hit the beach, depositing seaweeds and shells.

?Yeah,? Dennis replied as he picked up an empty Shelder shell and examined its contents. ?But Amy looks a lot like my dad?? He added as he opened the purple shell, hoping to find anything interesting inside.

?And it was nice of your mom to let me stay for the night,? Nina then paused. ?Dennis, aren?t you going to travel around Kanto again??

Dennis nodded in reply as he threw the Shelder shell back in the ocean. ?I am?I?m going to train harder this time. Then maybe we can end up in the League Finals again like last time.?

?We??

?Yeah, aren?t you going to go back to the League?? Dennis asked her as he faced her.

Nina shook her head. Her shoulder length hair swayed as she did.

?But why? I thought we?re going to the League together again with Vincent. You promised!? Dennis insisted as his voice rose. Amy stopped playing with the sand as she looked over at her brother.

?Dennis, I?m sorry. But I made up my mind?I don?t want to go to the League anymore?? She whispered solemnly as she drew in the sand with her finger.

Dennis fell silent and the roars of the waves replaced his words. He was speechless?his own best friend?is not going to enter the League anymore. Dennis stood up angrily but was stopped by Nina as she herself stood up, too.

?Dennis, if you can just understand, I just want to go away from Pok?mon training for a while?? She pleaded as she held Dennis? arm.

Dennis grunted as he tried to get away from Nina?s grasp. Amy stared at the two as they struggled.

?Let me go, Nina!? Dennis yelled as he continued to struggle.

Amy knew the trouble brewing as she remained silent and stopped playing with the sand. Dennis continued to argue for his cause.

?But Dennis?? Nina insisted as she finally let go of him.

Dennis stood there glowering back at Nina. He felt betrayed that his own best friend would never go to the League?unlike years before when all three of them went there. Nina won the League, of course. Dennis ended up in second place and Vincent in third.

?But what??

?Dennis?I?I??

Before she could even say more, Dennis noticed his father walking fast towards their home. Silence fell, as Mister Oak looked disgruntled as he opened the door as if he was in a hurry and quickly went inside.

?Hey, why is dad home so early?? Amy asked as she walked towards the two.

?Dunno?? Dennis muttered irritably, scratching his hair violently.

Before long, Dennis decided to go inside. Nina and Amy followed him as they entered the house. Dennis looked around the living room. His father wasn?t there. They crept to the kitchen and as Dennis expected, his father and his mother where there.

?The rumors were after all true,? Mister Oak muttered as he took off his glasses and wiped his forehead with his white handkerchief. He still wore his lab coat and his usual house wear inside. He was sitting on a chair with his elbow resting on the table. He scratched his dark brown hair.

?You mean?the rumors?? Missus Oak was suddenly urgent. ?Green?they?they couldn?t be, could they?? She was wearing her apron and her blouse. She had just finished washing the dishes and she was drying her hands with a wet towel. She had a concerned look on her face.

?They are, Yellow?? Mister Oak polished his glasses with his white handkerchief. ?It?s all hard to believe but it?s true??

Confusion was evident in the kids. ?What are they talking about?? Nina whispered to Dennis as they leaned over in order to hear.

?Beats me, how should I know?? Dennis shrugged as he kept leaning. He leaned to far as he fell down with a loud thud.

Dennis? parents were both shocked when they saw Dennis trying to listen. Mister Oak stood up and looked down at Dennis as Nina helped him stand up. Missus Oak returned the towel on the kitchen counter as she took the broom next to the counter and started to sweep. Mister Oak placed his glasses in the pocket on his lab coat.

?What were you guys talking about?? He asked them but they didn?t reply. ?Mom, dad, what is it?? Silence pervaded the room. Only the roaring tides of the brisk ocean were heard.

?It?s?it?s nothing, Dennis?? His father was first to reply, breaking the silence.

?Why are you home already, dad??

?I?I needed a day-off?I guess?? He moved towards his wife. He whispered something in her ear and she nodded.

?Dad!? Amy smiled as she walked over to her father. Mister Oak smiled as he hugged his daughter back. ?You should always go home this early, dad! So we can play in the beach!?

He smiled. ?I really wish I could??

To be continued...

Last edited:

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    Good chapter oni ^^
    *is still wondering who the 2 kids are*
    Nina picking on Dennis was cute
    Its starting to get interestin ~_^

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    I say, Oni, you do have a talent in writing these. ^_^

Years
  • New chapter!
    Geez, I haven't even started chapter 4...XP

Chapter 3

?Why do you have to leave early?? Nina asked Dennis the next day. ?You just arrived here two days ago and you?re already leaving??

Dennis grunted as he made his way downstairs. ?It?s because you won?t go to the League anyway. I don?t see what?s the point of staying here.?

?And you?re blaming that on your family?? Nina yelled.

Dennis ignored her as they continued on downstairs. They finally reached the kitchen where Missus Oak was washing the dishes and Mister Oak was reading the newspaper. He wore his glasses and his lab coat as he placed his coffee mug near his lips and sipped coffee quietly.

Mister Oak took his eyes out of his paper and looked at Dennis. He lowered his paper and placed his mug on the table. ?So Dennis,? He began after he cleared his throat. ?You?re leaving again, huh??

Dennis nodded as Nina finally went silent. Mister Oak sighed as he scratched his dark brown hair. Missus Oak looked to her side and at Dennis. ?Dennis, dear, could you please wake up your sister??

Dennis nodded as he turned around and made his way to the stairs.

?I still couldn?t believe that you?re leaving your family again!? Nina continued to argue. ?What do you think your sister will say??

Dennis didn?t reply as he reached the door to his sister?s room. He knocked on the door once. ?Amy, it?s time to wake up!? He said as he knocked on the door. ?It?s morning.?

There was no reply. Dennis waited for a few seconds and then knocked on the door again. ?Amy, wake up!? He looked back at Nina and she shrugged in reply. ?Amy, if you?re not going to say anything, I?m coming in!? Dennis warned.

Again, there was no reply. Finally, Dennis held the doorknob and then twisted it. He pushed the door open and both of them entered the room. Clothes littered the floor and drawings of many colors were taped to the wall. Dennis moved to the bed, which was against the wall and noticed that no one was lying in there.

?Look around. I think she?s hiding somewhere?? Dennis muttered as he closed the open window a few feet away from the bed.

?Does your sister always do this?? She gave him a suspicious look as she looked down at the bed.

?Sometimes she does.? Dennis replied as he opened a closet full of clothes. ?Hey, watch out! She?ll pop out under the bed if you don?t be careful!?

Nina jerked her head backwards and looked at Dennis strangely. She then moved back into looking down at the bed. ?Amy! Amy, where are you??

Dennis closed Amy?s closet. ?She?s not in there. Any luck??

Nina shook her head as she stood up and dusted her knees.

Dennis immediately became alarmed. ?Where is she?? Dennis muttered irritably. ?She couldn?t have just ran off?? He stormed out of the room, followed by Nina. Dennis came down the stairs noisily and burst into the kitchen. ?Mom, dad! Amy?s not in her room!?

Mister Oak, who had just placed his coffee mug down, stood up immediately as Dennis finished his sentence. Missus Oak, who had just finished washing the dishes, had an alarmed look in her face.

?What do you mean?? Mister Oak?s voice suddenly rose. ?What do you mean she?s not in her room??

?Dad, she?s not there!? Mister Oak looked at his wife in a horrified expression. ?All of us spread out and find her! We?ll try to find her in town and you two find her up at Viridian.?

Dennis nodded as he immediately ran out to the front door.

?Yo, Dennis! Wait up!? Nina called as she tried her best to keep up with her.

As they heard Dennis run outside, being followed by Nina, Mister Oak moved up towards his wife, who still had an alarmed expression.

?He?he couldn?t have taken her?? Missus Oak?s voice trembled as she held her husband?s hand. ?Green?why? Why did he have to take her??

He immediately embraced his wife. There was silence as she began to cry. ?I?ll try my best to find our daughter. I?m sure he didn?t take her??

~*~*~*~

?Dennis!? Nina panted as she ran as fast as she could. ?Wait up!? She was chasing him all around Viridian city now. They have just arrived there and Dennis was running around frantically, questioning everyone he could see and stopping at alleys for a second and then running off in all of the sudden.

?Can?t you keep up?? Dennis yelled over at Nina, who was trailing behind him. ?Hurry!?

?Hold on a sec, Dennis!? She yelled back at him as she stopped and lowered her head, held her knees and panted.

Dennis stopped and ran back at her furiously. ?What are you doing? My sister?s in trouble and you stop!?

Nina panted as she straightened up and glared at Dennis. She was still panting. Irritated, Dennis grabbed her hand and ran immediately. Both of them didn?t speak as they continued to run outside of the city. There was no sign of Amy anywhere. The only place where she could have gone now is up north?Viridian forest.

Both of them panted continuously as they ran up north, jumping through rocks, crossing small, fresh, green meadows, leaping through small streams and finally reaching the edge of the forest.

?AMY!? Dennis cupped his hands to his mouth and yelled out loud. ?AMY!?

His voice reverberated into the forest and faded as ever second passed. Trees rustled restlessly as the wind blew. Aside from that?there was silence?

?Where are you?? Dennis yelled again. ?Amy, where are you??

When there was no reply, Dennis gritted his teeth and clenched his fist. He closed his eyes as he tried to think.

Nina looked down in grief. But then, as she looked around the ground, she noticed something. ?Hey, what?s this?? She quickly moved towards a long red ribbon on the ground. She scooped it and quickly showed it to Dennis.

Dennis took it from her hand and examined it. ?This?it?s hers?? Dennis muttered softly.

Nina?s face lit up. ?Then let?s go! We?re going in the right way!? This time, she took Dennis? hand and both of them ran off to the deep, dark forest.

Soon, the two disappeared into the darkness of the forest. There was silence once again around the area. There was no one there?but?

A boy with long, dark hair gazed at the entrance?the entrance where the two had just entered. He looked soberly as he began to move again. His long, tied hair trailed behind his back as he placed his hands in his pockets and moved towards the forest.

~*~*~*~

?Amy! Amy, where are you?? Dennis yelled as Nina trailed behind him. He managed to take the front lead this time as he yelled his sister?s name in hopes that she would respond.

Tall, dark trees surrounded them. The rays of the sun created shadows of leaves and imprints on the ground. The long grass swayed with the wind and reached up their knees. Rocks from the size of fists to humongous boulders were strewn everywhere. There was a mysterious air in the forest. It felt familiar to Dennis?and yet so distant.

?Are you sure we?re going in the right way?? Dennis gasped angrily as he faced Nina, who was gasping for air, too.

?I bet we are,? Nina gasped. ?I just know she?s here.?

As she said the words, a girl?s scream was heard deep in the forest. The voice was very familiar.

?AMY!? Dennis yelled as he immediately ran off to where the voice was heard. ?Amy! Where are you??

?Dennis, wait up!? Nina, who frustrated of Dennis running of all of the sudden, had no choice but to follow him again.

~*~*~*~

?Amy! Amy, where are you?? Dennis yelled as he continued to run blindly in the forest.

Both of them continued to run but Nina was falling behind drastically. She was stumbling through rocks as she tried to keep up with Dennis. ?Dennis?wait!? She gasped. Before she could say anymore, she tripped over a tree root and fell face down on the ground.

Dennis looked behind irritably and frowned. He ran back to Nina and quickly helped her up. He placed her arm around his shoulder as he began to move again. ?You okay?? He muttered.

Nina nodded as both of them now walked. ??M okay?? She mumbled as she noticed that her knee was bleeding. ?Aw, man??

?Huh??

?I?m bleeding?? Nina muttered angrily as she furled her shorts so that her blood won?t stain them. ?It looks deep??

?Nah, that?s just a scratch,? He replied. ?Where do you think the scream came from??

Nina shrugged. ?Maybe there, I guess?? She pointed to their left. It confirmed her doubts when another scream was heard.

?Right!? Dennis responded as they made their way to the scream. ?Amy! Can you hear me??

At first, there was no reply. But then, her voice was heard. ?Dennis! Help!? She called frantically as the sound of rustling around them increased. ?Help!?

?She?s here?c?mon??

?No, wait. You leave me. I?m just making you have a hard time?? Nina insisted.

Dennis looked at her with a confused look but then agreed and placed her down on the ground and followed Amy?s voice. The dead leaves on the ground let out crushing sounds as Dennis made his way deeper and deeper into the forest.

His lungs burned and his heart pounded wildly. He was gasping for more air as his leg muscles started to ache. Finally, he made his way into a clearing where trees encompassed an open area?open to the sky. He was sweating profusely as he gasped.

Wild bug Pok?mon surrounded Amy as she cried in terror. The Beedrills moved around her and readied their aims. Their poison barbs were pointed at her. There were dozens of them. Uncountable in number. The flapping of their wings created a sickening droning noise.

?Amy!? Dennis called. He felt pain in his throat. He was yelling for the past hour.

?Dennis!? Amy cried. Tears ran down her face and part of her hair was down since her ribbon was dropped. ?Dennis, please help me!?

?Don?t worry, I?ll?!? Before Dennis could take out his Pok?ball, he heard the sound of a Pok?ball exploding behind him and a loud thud.

He looked behind to see a huge, tall, blue Pok?mon with a humongous shell and cannons protruding from its back. It growled at Dennis as he backed away. The Blastoise could mean one thing to Dennis?

?Ice beam!? The dark haired boy commanded his Blastoise. Without delay, the Blastoise roared and sent out a clear, icy, blue beam from its mouth and towards the Beedrills. Seven Beedrills fell on the ground?frozen stiff. The rest looked in confusion and some other fled. Soon, there were no more left.

?Dennis!? Amy cried as she ran up to her brother. Dennis hugged his sister as she kept crying. ?I?m so scared Dennis?I?m?I?m?? Her sobs drowned her words.

?It?s okay. Everything?s fine now?? Dennis eased his sister while patting her back. ?It?s okay now. Don?t cry??

Dennis looked back at the dark haired trainer with the Blastoise. He looked at the trainer, who flashed a grin at him. It was Vincent. He wore a long dark trench coat and dark pants. His dark boots were filled with grass and mud and his blue shirt was messy and untidy. He was helping up Nina, who was smiling.

?Vincent?? Dennis muttered in confusion. ?What are you doing here??

Vincent retained his grin. ?Just went here ?cause I saw you guys go here,?

Dennis sighed as he stood up, comforting his little sister. ?Well, you just arrived on time,? His little sister continued to hug his leg, crying. He did his best to comfort her.
    He helped Amy wipe her tears with his handkerchief that he pulled out from his pocket. ?It?s okay now, Amy. It?s all right. They?re gone??

It was silent in the forest and the sounds of Amy, sniffling was the only sound heard. The four started to walk back to Dennis? home.

~*~*~*~

Amy tugged Dennis? hand as they walked out of the forest. He looked down at his brown haired sister, who pointed to her hair, which was tied on one side and let down on the other. Dennis smiled as he moved to around his sister and kneeled down. He was holding her long, red ribbon for a while now and he helped her tie her hair. When he was finished, his sister faced him happily and smiled. Then, she hugged him.

?Oy, no more time to hang around!? Vincent muttered as he and Nina passed next to them. ?I?m hungry. How far to your home Dennis??

Nina and Dennis glared at Vincent who simply grinned sheepishly. Vincent was still helping Nina, but when Vincent muttered about being hungry, she pushed him off and just walked on by herself, limping. Dennis and Amy both walked silently side by side as they lead Nina and Vincent.

?You need any help?? Dennis asked Nina who was limping next to him.

She nodded in reply. Her eyes showed that she was clearly infuriated. Dennis placed her arm around his shoulder as they walked together and reached Viridian city.

?Maybe we should ask someone here to treat your knee?? Vincent muttered as he neared Dennis and Nina. His hands were in his pockets on his trench coat. He faced the ground, watching their shadows.

?I guess?? Nina whispered softly.

~*~*~*~

Nina looked down on her bandaged knee as all four of them reached Dennis? home at noon. The sun was above them and beating them down as the brisk ocean breeze blew. Before Dennis could knock on the door, it burst open to reveal his mother in tears as she quickly moved towards Amy and hugged her.

?Amy?I thought we lost you!? She cried as she hugged her tightly.

Amy smiled as she hugged her mother back. ?It?s okay, mom! Dennis and his friends saved me!?

Missus Oak stood up, releasing Amy, wiped her tears and faced Dennis and his companions. ?I?m?I?m very grateful?that you saved Amy,? She smiled, trying to stop her tears of joy. ?Dennis?Nina?and??

?Vincent!? Vincent exclaimed before Missus Oak could ask. ?I?m?uh?Dennis and Nina?s friend??

Missus Oak smiled gleefully. ?Thank you very much!?

~*~*~*~

?Hey, Amy, why did you ran away anyway?? Dennis asked as he stuffed food in his mouth. All of them were hungry since they didn?t eat any breakfast, especially Vincent who choked twice after stuffing omelets in his mouth.

Amy looked back at Dennis with a puzzled look then looked down at her food. ?I?I don?t know?? She whispered.

Vincent butted in all of the sudden. ?Waddya mean you don?t know?? Nina and Dennis stopped eating as they both looked at Vincent. ?Sorry??

Amy continued as she looked down at her food solemnly. ??I really don?t know?Dennis?? She whispered again. ?All I could remember is just walking down the stairs?and walking?and walking??

?Maybe you were sleepwalking?? Nina suggested. Nina and Amy seem to be the only people in the table who ate like civilized people.

?No! I wasn?t sleepwalking!? Amy argued as she looked up. ?I heard a voice! Some weird voice and he was calling me!? Everyone became silent. ?And then?I woke up?and I was in the forest?? She looked back down again.

?Weird?? Dennis spoke with food stuffed in his mouth.

~*~*~*~

?Oh, you?re leaving already?? Missus Oak asked Vincent who walked down from the front steps of Dennis? home.

?Yep, Missus Oak. I need to get going now! Gotta start early for my training!?

Missus Oak smiled as she waved. ?I hope you do your best!?

Nina smiled as she waved, too; especially Amy who was grinning and waving frantically. Everyone was waving except for Dennis. He folded his arms and had a blank expression in his face.

?I?ve called your father and told you that Amy is safe,? Missus Oak smiled as she passed Dennis. ?He was very happy!? She went inside and was followed by Amy.

Nina looked back at Dennis and noticed his emotionless expression. Her anger returned immediately as she went up to Dennis and slapped him.

?Oww! What was that for?? Dennis yelled as he unfolded his arms and balled his fists.

?It?s for being a self-centered idiot!? Nina yelled back. ?Why are you jealous of Vincent, anyway? If you like me, it?s better that you?d say it to me right now than hide it!?

Dennis paused for a while and tried to think of a good argument. ?I?m?. look here!? He began as he held Nina?s shoulders. ?I don?t hide my feelings! I?m not jealous of him liking you!?

Nina shoved off Dennis? hands in frustration. ?Yeah, right. Dennis, you?re just jealous.? Before she could walk, she opened her mouth again. ?I was wrong about you Dennis?I thought you changed but you didn?t! You?re just like a mask when you?re in front of your family!? She then stormed inside at the house.

Dennis was left alone to face the roaring ocean tides. He was still angry as he clenched his fists tightly.

To be continued...

Last edited:

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    good chapter ^^
    I doupt Amy was sleep walking XP
    cant wait to see what happens next!!

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Wow! This is an awesome fic. You paragraph well, your dialogue is good, your descriptions are awesome!

I do have one insy problem here. You seem to rush things a bit. I'm not exactly sure who Vincet and Nina are or why they act the way they do. I'm not sure if that's the way you wanted it or not, but it stands to be there.

Perhaps it'll be explained later. Guess I'll just have to keep reading!! ^_^

Years
  • I made a brief explanation somewhere in Chapter 2 that Nina is Dennis' best friend and Vincent is one of Dennis friends that ended up having a crush on Nina. XD

Chapter 4

Even though Nina wanted to go that night, Amy and Missus Oak persuaded her to stay. Amy hugged her leg as she refused to let go.

?Nina,? Missus Oak began as she faced her. Amy was clinging to Nina?s feet. They were at the living room where Nina was about to leave. ?It?s a bad idea to leave tonight. There were rumors already of swarms of Pok?mon abducting teenagers like you,?

Nina had a confused look on her face. ?Swarms? I?ve heard of kidnappings but I?ve never heard of swarms??

?It?s?it?s just announced from the news. Please stay for a while?? She pleaded.

?Nina?please don?t leave! I?ll make Dennis say sorry!? Amy squealed as she held on to her tightly.

Missus Oak was puzzled. ?Why would your brother say sorry, Amy??

Amy glanced up at Nina, who had an alarmed expression, then to her mother. She grinned guiltily. ?Nothing??

?If it?s nothing?that?s fine?? Missus Oak smiled as she helped Amy up.

Nina smiled, too. ?Okay, I guess I?ll be staying then??

~*~*~*~

?Dennis? Dennis, you there?? Nina whispered as she finished knocking on the door. Dennis didn?t come out for Dinner that night. He stayed locked up in his room. Nina knocked again and waited for a reply.

She was wearing pajamas that Missus Oak lent to her. After dinner and a bath, she had to share a room with Dennis, who seems to be angry of her at this time.
    After knocking for the third time, Dennis finally replied. ?What do you want?? His voice was clearly irritated and furious.

?I?I just want to say sorry for slapping you?? She whispered solemnly as she held her arm, gripping the long sleeve of the striped, blue pajama. ?And?I want to ask if?I can sleep in your room??

?Why don?t you sleep downstairs on the couch?? He replied stubbornly and rudely.

?Dennis, your mother told me that I should stay in your room! If she sees me here, you?re going to be in big trouble!?

A pause followed as Nina clenched her teeth. She heard footsteps moving towards the door. The sound of the knob being unlocked placed a smile in her face. Finally, the door opened with a small creak from the corners.

His hair was disheveled and he wore his own red, striped pajama. He glowered at Nina, who was smiling happily.

?Evenin? Dennis,? She smiled as she stepped inside. ?Now where should I sleep?? She looked around Dennis? room. His bed was untidy?a sign that he was lying on it. She noticed that the window was closed since the curtains didn?t move wildly around. ?It?s stuffy in here,? She remarked as she moved towards the windows, and opened the panes. The curtains flowed as the wind rushed inside.

Dennis muttered as he lumbered to his cabinet and took out two white sheets and a pillow. He lay the first sheet next to his bed, and then lay the second one on top of the first sheet as Nina observed. Then, he placed the pillow on top of the two sheets.

?You sleep there,? Dennis grumbled as he pointed to the floor where the sheets lay.

Before Dennis could jump back to his bed, Nina had already leapt to it first. Nina smiled as she made a bit of space for Dennis to lie down. Instead, Dennis scowled, muttered nonsense, and then lay down on the floor where the sheets were.

?Hey, there?s enough room for you left, Dennis,? Nina grinned as she peeked down at Dennis, who was trying to sleep. ?Don?t you want to go in your bed, Dennis??

Dennis didn?t answer as he faced the door, away from his bed. He ignored Nina who tried to convince him into sleeping in his own bed.

?Okay, Dennis. Why don?t you just close the lights?? Nina yawned as she stretched her arms and lay down on his bed.

Dennis muttered more nonsense as he stood up and walked towards the switch. As Dennis left his makeshift bed, Nina quickly grabbed the sheets and the pillow and placed them on the other side of the bed, hiding them.

Dennis turned around to see what was the noise about. ?Hey, why did you take the sheets away??

?Aw, c?mon Dennis!? Nina smiled as she made room for Dennis. ?We can share the bed.?

?Alright, alright. Nothing stupid!? Dennis flipped the switch and wandered back to his bed in the darkness. He lay down in the bed and covered himself with his blanket. He faced the door, avoiding Nina who breathed deeply.

?Dennis??

?What??

?You?re lucky you have a family?? She whispered soberly in the darkness. ?You have a sister, a loving mother, a caring father??

Dennis didn?t reply as she continued. But then, he realized why she was pointing this out. He forgot that Nina was an orphan. He faced her and realized that she was crying.

?Nina??

Her tears reflected the rays of the moon?s light that were streaming down the window. She looked at Dennis somberly as she cried. ?My parents had to die?? She whispered. ?I don?t even remember them?? She continued to cry softly as she faced Dennis.

Dennis sighed as he took his sleeve and wiped Nina?s tears. He smiled as she stopped crying. He then faced the door again and immediately fell asleep.

~*~*~*~

?Why do you have to leave, Dennis?? Amy cried as she hugged his brother tightly. ?Why? Why??

Dennis smiled as his little sister continued to cry. ?It?s okay, Amy. I?ll be back!?

Behind Amy, Missus Oak and Mister Oak stood there, smiling. As Amy let go, rubbing her tears, she was comforted by her mother. Missus Oak smiled one last time as Dennis waved. Step by step, he moved down the front steps of his home.

?Bye mom! Bye dad!? He waved at both of them.

?Don?t do anything reckless, Dennis!? His mother waved back.

His father waved, too but didn?t say anything. Soon, he was gone?

?Come on, Amy.? Mister Oak called as he and his wife were entering the house. Amy sat on the front steps looking at the ocean.

?I?m okay here, dad,? She sighed.

?Are you sure??

Amy nodded as she gazed at the ocean. Mister Oak smiled as he looked at his wife. Both of them entered the house.

?Green?it?s so hard to let him go these days?? Missus Oak sighed solemnly. ?One time, he was just a young boy?now, he?s grown up?? She stopped by the door as he looked over at her husband.

He turned around and smiled. ?Amy is growing up, too.? He added. ?Next year, he might follow his brother?s footsteps.?

Then there was silence. Both of them stared at each other. Their smiles have already disappeared.

?Green?will he?will he get him?? Missus Oak stammered as she approached him. ?I?m worried about my son. I just have this feeling that he?s moving away from me?farther?and farther??

Mister Oak wrapped his arms around his wife. She tucked her arms as he tightened his embrace. ?I?m sorry Yellow?but I can?t stop anything right now. It?s all up to him??

She started to cry. ?But Green?what if he chose to take the wrong path??

Mister Oak sighed. ?The path that we laid for him is the wrong path?? He stroked his wife?s long flowing hair. ?It?s all up to him to discover his own destiny. The right path has been already laid before him. It?s all up to him?to choose.?

~*~*~*~

Dennis finally made his way up north and away from Pallet town. He hummed happily as he marched up to Viridian city. Then, he might begin his training in Pewter city, just north of the Viridian forest.

The unpaved road was littered with rocks and potholes. On the side of the road, weeds chocked the grass and trees were strewn everywhere. There was no cloud in the sky up above. The sun shined its yellow rays. It was a beautiful day.

As Dennis walked, he heard the distinct sound of crunching dead leaves. He turned around quickly and saw Nina, who seem to have followed him. Earlier this morning, she had just left. Then, Dennis left at afternoon.

?What are you doing here, Nina?? Dennis muttered as he frowned. ?I thought you weren?t going to train anymore.?

Nina stayed silent as she approached Dennis calmly and carefully. ?I don?t know?? She whispered breaking her silence. ?I just realized that I don?t have a home to go to??

Dennis grunted as he turned around and continued walking.

?Dennis!? Nina yelled as she caught up with him. ?Dennis, I just wanted to travel with you??

?Why would you want to do that?? He snapped at her. ?You?re not going to the League anyway.?

Nina scowled as she balled her fist. ?Can?t you get over that, Dennis? I?m your best friend!?

Dennis stopped and let out a frustrated sigh. He faced Nina. ?Look,? He began. ?I?m really angry at you, Nina. You were a great friend and all but you really made me angry by not going to the League. It?s just?it?s just not our way of friendship!?

?Oh, you are so immature!? She yelled. ?You just made me a friend just because I was your rival? And I thought you were angry because you were jealous of me!? She placed her hands on her hips. ?Fine then, Dennis! See if I care!?

?Fine!? Dennis snapped, folding his arms and continued to walk.

?Fine!? Nina yelled as she faced the other direction, back to Pallet town.

?Fine!? He repeated again. ?Let?s see where you go if you?re not going to train anymore!?

Nina stopped on her tracks. Her mind raced as she thought of a place to stay. But then? ?I know where to go,? She grinned and faced Dennis. ?Your house.?

Dennis stopped immediately and stormed towards her. When he reached her, he grabbed her arm as they begin to walk towards Viridian city.

?Hey Dennis! Don?t grip my hand so hard!? Nina yelled.

Dennis finally let go of her hand as they neared Viridian city. He didn?t say a word to her along the journey.

?Better talk to me once in a while,? Nina smiled at Dennis. ?You can get bored walking, you know,? She was fairly bored herself but Dennis didn?t reply.

The two exited Viridian city and finally made their way through the forest trail in Viridian forest. The trail was made for the convenience of trainer who had no intention of catching wild Pok?mon. The trail was unpaved but still convenient. It was a few minutes later when the two emerged from the forest.

Dennis still has not talked to Nina for the past few hours. She was now bored and ready to pounce at Dennis if he doesn?t talk yet. Even though they have moved from the forest, trees still remained all around them.

The two didn?t notice an old man sitting on a rock in one of the trail?s sharp turns. The old man was the first to catch their attention.

?Hello, children,? He called, waving his battered, wooden walking stick at them. ?Might I interest you yung?uns in a story??

?Sorry, old man,? Dennis muttered. ?No time for story time.?

?Dennis! Don?t be rude!? Nina yelled at him as he pulled his hand and walked towards the old man. ?I?m sorry mister, but can you tell us a story?? She smiled.

The man stroked his long white beard as he laughed. ?My, my. You are quite the polite and pretty one, are you?? The old man sighed.

Nina giggled as Dennis let out a low growl.

?So this is how my story begins.? The old man began as he stood up from his rock with the aid of his stick. ?A long time ago, in this very forest,? He then pointed to the Viridian forest, which looked like a see of trees from the view. ?There was a young spirit that was trapped within it. The monsters of the forest surrounded the innocent spirit and threatened to eat it up! The spirit pleaded and pleaded for mercy from the monsters but they didn?t listen to it. But when all hope seems lost, a young girl came and defeated the monsters of the spirit. She rescued the spirit and brought it to her home??

The old man then pointed over from Viridian forest, to the tall, towering buildings of Viridian city. ?There, the young girl and the family treated the spirit kindly. The townsfolk did, too. The spirit was so happy, that it decided to reward the kind people of the village.? The old man smiled as he sat back down. ?Once in every few years, the spirit chooses a newborn baby in that village?and it would pass down all of its powers into that yung?un?the end.?

Nina clapped her hands frantically as she smiled. ?It?s a great story, mister!? She laughed. ?Do you know the name of the girl who saved the spirit? What are the powers of the spirit? Mister, do you have the powers of the spirit?? She began to hammer questions at the poor old man.

?Easy, easy there, yung?un!? The old man laughed. ?I don?t know a lot of things since it?s a story that?s passed down to me by my mother a long, long time ago!?

?Oh?? Nina sighed as she looked down. ?But it was still a very great story, mister!?

The old man smiled. ?I?m glad you liked it. Not a lot of people have respect for elders these days??

?Oh well, we should be going now?Dennis??

Dennis stared back at the forest. He could hear whispers that transcended from the trees. The wind carried the distant whispers to his ears. He could hear them?different voices whispering?whispering?

?Dennis, let?s go!? Nina yelled again.

?What? Oh! Yeah?? Dennis suddenly snapped out of his trance and followed Nina.

?You yung?uns have a safe journey!? The old man waved his walking stick.

?Thank you!? Nina waved back and then continued walking. She then sighed. ?I wonder if that story is true?? She sighed. ?It would be awesome to have the forest spirit?s powers!? She looked back at Dennis who had a distant look. ?Dennis!?

?What? Oh?yeah. It?s awesome??

?I don?t think you?re listening, Dennis!? She scolded him. ?Were you even listening to the old man??

?Yes, I was! I know! I was just thinking of something?? His voice trailed off. ??It was as if the forest is calling me??

Nina looked at him. ?Calling you??

He then nodded and then shrugged. ?Might be my imagination. Anyway, let?s go to Pewter city!?

To be continued...

Last edited:

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    Grate chapter ^^
    cant wait to see what happens next!!

Years
  • Thanks for the reviews, guys! ^_^

Chapter 5

Night had already fallen and two have not yet reached Pewter city. The night air was silent and the moon shined softly down at the two. Dennis lay on the wet grass as he looked up above the stars. Nina was close to him but whenever she wanted to get closer, Dennis would always move.

Dennis then heard Nina?s sigh. ?It would be awesome if I had the powers of the forest spirit?whatever they are??

Dennis didn?t reply to what she said as she remained silent, still gazing at the stars.

?Dennis? Have you ever heard of that story before?? Nina asked him as she crept closer to him.

Dennis inched away from Nina. ?No?? His reply was straight and heavy.

Nina sighed again. ?I really wish that it would be true?? She then crept closer again to Dennis, who predictably, inched away. ?Why don?t you want me to get close to you, Dennis??

Dennis muttered something that she didn?t understand.

?Dennis?why can?t you let me lie next to you?? She whispered softly. ?I?I am your friend??

Dennis didn?t reply as he faced the other side, away from Nina. Persistent, she moved close to him again, but this time, he didn?t move. She smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. ?Thank you?? She whispered softly.

Dennis groaned.

~*~*~*~

?Geez, can?t people pick up their trash these days,? Nina muttered as she picked up a newspaper on the ground filled with prints of dirty shoes and was soiled.

?Nina, can?t you leave that thing alone?? Dennis muttered as they walked along the streets of Pewter city.

The streets were full of people talking, walking, and minding their own businesses. Everyone from school kids to business people walked the streets. Nina and Dennis only saw a few trainers along the street.

?Pok?mon Swarms in Pewter City,? Nina read the newsprint. ?Swarms of dragon Pok?mon have been appearing all around Kanto, most noticeably in Pewter city.?

?You?re reading that crap?? Dennis muttered.

?It?s not crap!? Nina argued. ?Besides, your mother told me about the swarms yesterday,?

?She did??

?Yeah. She told me that the swarms were kidnapping kids!? Nina said as she scratched her head. ?Wait a minute?? She looked around the paper. ?This paper was today??

?Your point is?? Dennis mumbled rudely.

?Your mom told me that the swarms were kidnapping kids yesterday and the paper just said about the swarms kidnapping kids today!?

?The newspaper must be late?? He suggested plainly as he stuck his hands in his pocket.

?I guess?but I think your mom knows something about these swarms??

Dennis looked at Nina as if she had just escaped from an asylum. ?My mom doesn?t know anything about swarms. If you?re accusing her of kidnapping, just forget about it!?

?I?m not accusing your mom! I?m just saying that she might know some stuff about this!?

?Whatever??

~*~*~*~

?Dennis, I?ve been wondering?where do we go, actually?? Nina asked him as she trailed behind him.

He looked back at her. ?I was thinking of training here in the city along with the trainers. But I can?t seem to find any trainer within our level,?

?I guess you?re right?? Nina whispered as she looked around. She quickly caught up to Dennis and held his hand.

?What are you doing?? Dennis questioned her with aggravation. He looked down at Nina, who simply smiled. ?They?ll think that?we?re?you know?? Dennis muttered to her irritably.

?So? What?s the matter with that?? She giggled as she hugged Dennis.

?Nina!? He mumbled her name annoyingly. ?Let me go now!?

?Okay, okay! Don?t be such a jerk!? She snapped as she let go of him. ?Hmm?there are just beginners everywhere??

Dennis nodded. ?Hey, I know!? He exclaimed as he faced Nina. ?We can battle each other!?

?Excuse me??

?Us! We can battle each other then maybe we can attract some trainers!? Dennis smiled.

?I don?t know, Dennis. It might get us into trouble. Besides, you know what happened last time?? She winked.

Dennis could remember their last battle. It was a few years ago when she defeated him in the Indigo League finals.

?I don?t care!? Dennis yelled as his mind raced. He?d do anything for a battle with her. And whenever he was desperate, the craziest idea would become possible for him. ?Okay, Nina?if you battle me?I?d?I?d take you out on a date!?

Nina looked shocked. ?A?a date?? She blushed uncontrollably. ?Dennis?you can?t be serious??

?I am serious! I?d take you out on a date, Nina!? He smiled at her willingly.

?But?but?I don?t know??

?Please, Nina?? Dennis pleaded. A pause followed. ?Please??

?Alright, alright!? Nina snapped after a brief pause. ?But you promise to really take me out!?

Dennis grinned. ?I promise!? He then moved towards Nina and embraced her.

Nina blushed. ?Could?could he really??? She thought to herself as she wrapped her arms around Dennis, lovingly. ?It?s all too good to be true??

Before she could rest her head on Dennis? chest, he immediately let go off her. ?Okay, let?s begin!?

Her heart fell as Dennis separated from her. ?Jerk!? Nina yelled as she slapped Dennis, this time, harder from the last time.

~*~*~*~

?What did I do?? Dennis yelled as they both took their positions.

Nina glared back at Dennis as she held her Pok?ball. She clenched the red and white sphere tightly as she glowered at him.

?Okay, what I just did, just ignore it! Let?s get on with this battle!? Dennis took out his first Pok?ball and threw it. The Pok?ball exploded in midair, releasing white smoke all over the place.

When the smoke cleared, a huge, towering blue Pok?mon appeared. Its blue scaly body glittered in the sunlight as it looked down at Nina. Long, sharp fangs protruded from its mouth and long whiskers rushed down from its face. The Gyarados roared out loud, shaking the panes of every window of the city. Immediately, a crowd began to gather all around them. Citizens rushed out from their house and children stopped playing and gathered around. They were all amazed to see an actual Pok?mon battle.

?You haven?t changed,? Nina muttered as she threw her Pok?ball in the air. As the smoke cleared, an orange Pok?mon with a long slender tail came out. The long, black tail ended with a yellow thunderbolt shape. It growled as its yellow cheeks sparked. It stood on its forelegs and gripped its small hands. The Raichu?s soft, short fur stood up as electricity circulated its body.

?Neither have you!? Dennis smiled. He was getting excited. The rush of battles makes his heart pound fast and a state of pure ecstasy overtakes him. ?Ready?? He saw Nina nod. ?Okay, Jan, hydro pump!?

His Gyarados obeyed as it inhaled a huge amount of air. Then, without warning, it fired a powerful, high-speed blast of water from its mouth that headed towards Nina?s Raichu.

?Sergio, dodge it, quick!? Nina?s command was too late. The blast of water immediately hit her Raichu. It screamed in pain as it bounce back, clutching its stomach where the hit connected. Her Raichu stood up again and growled in anger. ?Now you?re done for! Thunder!?

Nina?s Raichu screamed as dark gray clouds began to appear all of the sudden. They crowded up above Sergio and in a flash of light, a huge thunderbolt cascaded down from the sky and towards Jan.

?Jan!? Dennis came to yell out.

Smoke filled the whole area. Everyone in the crowd coughed and choked while some others cried or fled in fear. As the smoke cleared, Nina gasped to see what has happened. A huge hole was on the ground. Jan has escaped the thunder attack by digging underground!

?Gyarados don?t dig!? Nina yelled at Dennis.

Dennis smirked. ?I trained mine though,?

Nina clenched her fist as her Raichu looked confused, looking all over the place for its opponent. There was silence. Neither of the combatants moved. Soon, a soft rumbling sound was heard. The sound was replaced with a small earthquake. Suddenly, behind Sergio, just in front of Nina, Jan burst out in the air and plunged itself onto Sergio. The attack was so powerful it immediately knocked out Sergio.

?Return, Sergio!? Nina yelled. As she felt her Pok?ball bounce back into her hand, she took out another one. She threw it and it released a small, fury red Pok?mon. It growled as it wagged its fury tail. Its body was completely submerged in a cream colored, fluffy fur.

Dennis smirked to see Nina?s Flareon. He quickly returned Jan.

?You?re underestimating me, Dennis?? Nina smiled calmly.

Dennis kept his smirk. ?If you put it in that way?? He took out another Pok?ball and then threw it. It released a long blue Pok?mon that levitated a few inches off the ground. The blue Pok?mon?s forehead ended up in a big, bright jewel that sparkled under the sun and its ears looked a lot like wings.

Murmurs and uneasiness surfaced in the crowd when Dennis released his Dragonair. Everyone started to leave one by one. Dennis noticed this as he looked around. When he finally realized what was happening, everyone in the crowd has already left.

?Hey! What happened?? Dennis yelled. He returned his Dragonair immediately.

Nina responded by returning her Flareon, too. She headed towards Dennis. ?Dennis, why did everyone leave??

He shrugged. ?I dunno?I think my Dragonair scared them or something??

Before could speak any further, Nina had already knew what was happening. ?Your Dragonair!? She exclaimed.

Dennis glanced at her as if she was a demented woman.

?Your Dragonair, Dennis! It?s a dragon Pok?mon. Remember the attacks that happened here??

Dennis nodded. ?What does my Dragonair have to do with it??

?The swarms were dragon Pok?mon. People were scared when you released your Dragonair, Dennis, because they might think that it?ll attack them or something!?

?That?s stupid. My Dragonair is tamed and it?s not going to attack people!? Dennis could have ranted more but a group of people in blue uniforms already appeared behind him.

?Excuse me, young man. Was there a trainer here with a dragon Pok?mon?? A man in blue uniform asked. He seems to be the leader of the group.

?That?s me, I guess?? Dennis confessed.

The man raised his eyebrow as he approached Dennis. He quickly grabbed his arm and placed handcuffs over it. ?You?re arrested for suspicion of attacking Pewter city with your dragon Pok?mon. It is best to remain silent.?

?What? What are you cuffing me for? Where are you people taking me?? Dennis yelled as he tried to struggle from the man?s grasp. ?Nina! Nina do something!?

Nina stood there with a confused dazed. It was as if she was frozen solid, she couldn?t do anything.

?Nina! Help me here!? It was too late. Dennis was already dragged by the group and was thrown into a nearby car, which sped off almost immediately.

To be continued

Last edited:

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    I didnt exspect for anyone to get arrested XD
    the battle was good, but it looks like Nina wont get her date ^^
    this chapter was really good!!

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Good chapter! I liked the battle scene, but I have a few corrections. I pride myself in Pokemon knowledge, so bear with me.

"It growled as its red cheeks sparked." Raichu's cheeks are yellow.

"Its body was completely submerged in orange and red, fluffy fur." Flareon's fur is actually a cream color....

"He quickly returned Sergio." I think you meant Jan.

I'm very excited to find out how Dennis gets out of this mess! Sorry for the corrections, but I thought you ought to know.

Years
  • GAH! My evil errors of doom! I always mix up pronouns since English is my third language...my other two languages don't have pronouns...but I think I forgot about that Raichu and stuff... (you should see all my errors in Ties of Love and Friendship...)

XD

Back