Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old November 28th, 2008 (10:06 PM).
Darthatron's Avatar
Darthatron Darthatron is offline
巨大なトロール。
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 1,152
You need to have an "end" command after the "applymovement 0x1 @move" line.

Code:
#dynamic 0x300000
#org 0x3BB8A1
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x202
if 0x0 goto 0x83BB9B1
if 0x1 goto 0x83BB9D7
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x83BB9B1
msgbox 0x83BB8D0 '"OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHH..."
applymovement 0x1 @move
end

#org @move
#raw 0x65 0x14 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x29 0x60 0xFE

'-----------------------
#org 0x83BB9D7
msgbox 0x83BBA61 '"I'm okay now. I have COINS."

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x3BB8D0
= OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH\nHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

#org 0x3BBA61
= I'm okay now. I have COINS.
_________________________

Also, it's probably not a good idea to mix Dynamic and Static scripts when you're just starting.
__________________
あなた は しきしゃ です
わたし は ばか です

Relevant Advertising!

  #127    
Old November 29th, 2008 (12:15 AM).
VanillaThunderbolt's Avatar
VanillaThunderbolt VanillaThunderbolt is offline
Generic User Title
     
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Posts: 94
    Just so I could see how things worked with some of these scripts, I went and applied the example script for givepokemon, which was
    #org @give
    givepokemon 0x1 0x10 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

    And I know the first 0x0 is Dex/Hex number, and the second is the level.
    So why when I applied this script, I get a level 16 Bulbasaur?
    Shouldn't it be level 10?
      #128    
    Old November 29th, 2008 (4:11 AM).
    0m3ga_S1nn3r's Avatar
    0m3ga_S1nn3r 0m3ga_S1nn3r is offline
    Beginner Hacker :)
       
      Join Date: Dec 2007
      Location: In my house
      Age: 20
      Gender:
      Posts: 80
      OMG! Thank you! You made my scripting days much more easier!
      I shall bow down before thee..
      __________________
      Things I like:
      Music Genre: R&B
      Song: We Run This [Stick it Edit]
      Ice-Cream: Chocolate
      Tv Show: Simpsons
      Pokemon: Chimchar
      Pokemon Game: Pokemon Red

      ¨°-_,,_-°¨
      ::~- Elite -~::
      ..-v'' ''v-...




        #129    
      Old November 29th, 2008 (6:46 AM).
      DemonParia's Avatar
      DemonParia DemonParia is offline
      Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
         
        Join Date: Nov 2008
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Quirky
        Posts: 104
        It still doesn't work. When you talk to the guy he says the specified text, but doesn't move. What can I do?!


        Code:
         
        #dynamic 0x300000
        #org @start
        lock
        faceplayer
        checkflag 0x202
        if 0x0 goto @omg
        if 0x1 goto @phew
        end
        '-----------------------
        #org @omg
        msgbox @ah '"OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHH..."
        boxset 6
        applymovement 0x1 @moves
        setflag 0x202
        release
        end
        '-----------------------
        #org @phew
        msgbox @coin '"I'm okay now. I have COINS."
        release
        end
        
        '-----------
        ' Movements
        '-----------
        #org @moves
        #raw 63 'Question Mark (?)
        #raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
        #raw 65 'Double Exclamation Mark (!!)
        #raw 4A 'Face Player
        #raw 16 'Jump2 Left
        #raw 55 'Jump in Place (Facing Right)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 60 'Hide
        #raw FE 'End of Movements
        
        '---------
        ' Strings
        '---------
        #org @ah
        = OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH\nHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
        #org @coin
        = I'm okay now. I have COINS.
          #130    
        Old November 29th, 2008 (7:35 AM).
        machomuu's Avatar
        machomuu machomuu is offline
        • Crystal Tier
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Apr 2008
        Location: Americalanavania
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 10,239
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by demonparia View Post
        It still doesn't work. When you talk to the guy he says the specified text, but doesn't move. What can I do?!


        Code:
         
        #dynamic 0x300000
        #org @start
        lock
        faceplayer
        checkflag 0x202
        if 0x0 goto @omg
        if 0x1 goto @phew
        end
        '-----------------------
        #org @omg
        msgbox @ah '"OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHH..."
        boxset 6
        applymovement 0x1 @moves
        setflag 0x202
        release
        end
        '-----------------------
        #org @phew
        msgbox @coin '"I'm okay now. I have COINS."
        release
        end
         
        '-----------
        ' Movements
        '-----------
        #org @moves
        #raw 63 'Question Mark (?)
        #raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
        #raw 65 'Double Exclamation Mark (!!)
        #raw 4A 'Face Player
        #raw 16 'Jump2 Left
        #raw 55 'Jump in Place (Facing Right)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
        #raw 60 'Hide
        #raw FE 'End of Movements
         
        '---------
        ' Strings
        '---------
        #org @ah
        = OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH\nHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
        #org @coin
        = I'm okay now. I have COINS.
        In after applymovement, did you put his event number and not his person number?
        __________________
        Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


        I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
          #131    
        Old November 29th, 2008 (2:25 PM).
        Hiche.. Hiche.. is offline
         
           
          Join Date: Apr 2008
          Posts: 979
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by demonparia View Post
          It still doesn't work. When you talk to the guy he says the specified text, but doesn't move. What can I do?!


          Code:
           
          #dynamic 0x300000
          #org @start
          lock
          faceplayer
          checkflag 0x202
          if 0x0 goto @omg
          if 0x1 goto @phew
          end
          '-----------------------
          #org @omg
          msgbox @ah '"OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHH..."
          boxset 6
          applymovement 0x1 @moves
          waitmovement 0x0
          setflag 0x202
          release
          end
          '-----------------------
          #org @phew
          msgbox @coin '"I'm okay now. I have COINS."
          boxset 0x6
          release
          end
          
          '-----------
          ' Movements
          '-----------
          #org @moves
          #raw 63 'Question Mark (?)
          #raw 62 'Exclamation Mark (!)
          #raw 65 'Double Exclamation Mark (!!)
          #raw 4A 'Face Player
          #raw 16 'Jump2 Left
          #raw 55 'Jump in Place (Facing Right)
          #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
          #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
          #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
          #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
          #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
          #raw 2A 'Step on the Spot Up (Fastest)
          #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
          #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
          #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
          #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
          #raw 2B 'Step on the Spot Left (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 29 'Step on the Spot Down (Fastest)
          #raw 60 'Hide
          #raw FE 'End of Movements
          
          '---------
          ' Strings
          '---------
          #org @ah
          = OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH\nHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
          #org @coin
          = I'm okay now. I have COINS.
          Fixes are in Bold. Don't forget to add waitmovement 0x0 under each applymovement, and boxset 0x6 under the normal messages.
            #132    
          Old November 29th, 2008 (11:13 PM).
          Oh_Delilah's Avatar
          Oh_Delilah Oh_Delilah is offline
          BiNkY
             
            Join Date: Oct 2007
            Gender:
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 10
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Madridista View Post
            Try this:

            Code:
            #dynamic 0xoffset
            
            #org @start
            lock
            faceplayer
            msgbox @yesno
            callstd 0x5
            if 0x1 goto @yes
            if 0x1 goto @no
            release
            end
            
            #org @yes
            msgbox @yes2
            callstd 0x6
            release
            end
            
            #org @no
            msgbox @no2
            callstd 0x6
            release
            end
            
            #org @yesno
            = Yes or no?
            
            #org @yes2
            = You pressed Yes!
            
            #org @no2
            = You pressed No!
            Hey Thanks Madridista. I figured it out now. Thanks again.


            Binky
            __________________



            Click here to level up my card!
              #133    
            Old November 30th, 2008 (12:17 PM).
            DemonParia's Avatar
            DemonParia DemonParia is offline
            Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
               
              Join Date: Nov 2008
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 104
              It still doesn't work. Yes, I'm sure I put the person ID and not the event number. Yes, I did the waitmovement and the box stuff, and it still doesn't work. Why doesn't it work...?
                #134    
              Old November 30th, 2008 (1:05 PM).
              machomuu's Avatar
              machomuu machomuu is offline
              • Crystal Tier
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Apr 2008
              Location: Americalanavania
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 10,239
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by demonparia View Post
              It still doesn't work. Yes, I'm sure I put the person ID and not the event number. Yes, I did the waitmovement and the box stuff, and it still doesn't work. Why doesn't it work...?
              No, your supposed to use the event number.
              __________________
              Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.


              I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                #135    
              Old November 30th, 2008 (2:27 PM).
              Lavarider's Avatar
              Lavarider Lavarider is offline
              Master of all Technology
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2008
                Posts: 25
                Thanks for this tutorial..It is exactly what I needed to learn for pokescript!
                __________________
                Bow before me, as a slave does before his master, or a peasant before his king. For, you shall soon be as such to me.
                  #136    
                Old November 30th, 2008 (3:02 PM).
                DemonParia's Avatar
                DemonParia DemonParia is offline
                Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 104
                  I AM?! OMG! THANKS!

                  You are the greatest person in the world and I will worship you as a God for the rest of eternity or until I get tired.

                  THANK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
                    #137    
                  Old December 1st, 2008 (1:45 PM).
                  DemonParia's Avatar
                  DemonParia DemonParia is offline
                  Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2008
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 104
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lavarider View Post
                    Thanks for this tutorial..It is exactly what I needed to learn for pokescript!

                    Um, you do realize this isn't a PokeScript tutorial, right? This is an XSE tutorial. I guess you could apply some of this stuff to PokeScript, but if you mess up it could get confusing.

                      #138    
                    Old December 1st, 2008 (8:23 PM).
                    hayitsCARLOS's Avatar
                    hayitsCARLOS hayitsCARLOS is offline
                    Pokemon Caretaker
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2008
                      Location: Ontario, Canada
                      Age: 22
                      Gender:
                      Nature: Naughty
                      Posts: 20
                      Okay seriously wth.. >.>
                      This is gonna sound really nooby, but I'm tired so forgive me.
                      I open my rom (Pokemon Ruby) in Advance Map and made a new person event, used a Pokeball sprite and opened the script. I delete it all (It's like,
                      '-----------------------
                      #org 0x2089DC
                      nop
                      nop
                      nop
                      (It says nop a ton more times, then
                      compare 0x714E 0x8200
                      nop
                      msgbox4 0x5000CC00
                      nop
                      spriteinvisible 0x4001 0x1 0xAE
                      nop
                      callasm2 0xF600BB4E
                      nop
                      setanimation 0x0 0x2C)

                      And put in my script, which is:

                      #Dynamic 0x2089DC

                      #ORG @GivePokemon
                      Lock
                      FacePlayer
                      givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                      setflag 0x800
                      setflag 0x801
                      setflag 0x860
                      release
                      end

                      #ORG @RecievedPoke
                      = Hey! A Pokemon!/nAnd a Pokedex!/nAND running shoes!/nWow.. It's my lucky day!

                      What's going on..? It just keeps deleting my script..
                        #139    
                      Old December 1st, 2008 (9:24 PM).
                      liger66's Avatar
                      liger66 liger66 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2008
                        Gender:
                        Posts: 16
                        i dont know if this is the write place to ask but can someone tell me how to rescript the hole start of the rom (fire red) so i can rewrite professer oak speech and also can you tell me how to do the script for the give first pokemon espisaly the multychoice cause iv tryed a couple of times and failed misrible
                          #140    
                        Old December 2nd, 2008 (5:21 AM).
                        Hiche.. Hiche.. is offline
                         
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2008
                          Posts: 979
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by hayitsCARLOS View Post
                          Okay seriously wth.. >.>
                          This is gonna sound really nooby, but I'm tired so forgive me.
                          I open my rom (Pokemon Ruby) in Advance Map and made a new person event, used a Pokeball sprite and opened the script. I delete it all (It's like,
                          '-----------------------
                          #org 0x2089DC
                          nop
                          nop
                          nop
                          (It says nop a ton more times, then
                          compare 0x714E 0x8200
                          nop
                          msgbox4 0x5000CC00
                          nop
                          spriteinvisible 0x4001 0x1 0xAE
                          nop
                          callasm2 0xF600BB4E
                          nop
                          setanimation 0x0 0x2C)

                          And put in my script, which is:

                          #Dynamic 0x2089DC

                          #ORG @GivePokemon
                          Lock
                          FacePlayer
                          givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                          setflag 0x800
                          setflag 0x801
                          setflag 0x860
                          release
                          end

                          #ORG @RecievedPoke
                          = Hey! A Pokemon!/nAnd a Pokedex!/nAND running shoes!/nWow.. It's my lucky day!

                          What's going on..? It just keeps deleting my script..
                          Can you post your un-compiled script? The original one.
                            #141    
                          Old December 2nd, 2008 (2:12 PM).
                          Oh_Delilah's Avatar
                          Oh_Delilah Oh_Delilah is offline
                          BiNkY
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2007
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Relaxed
                            Posts: 10
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by demonparia View Post
                            #dynamic 0x300000
                            #org 0x3BB8A1
                            lock
                            faceplayer
                            checkflag 0x202
                            if 0x0 goto 0x83BB9B1
                            if 0x1 goto 0x83BB9D7
                            end

                            '-----------------------
                            #org 0x83BB9B1
                            msgbox 0x83BB8D0 '"OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHH..."
                            applymovement 0x1 @move
                            #org @move
                            #raw 0x65 0x14 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x29 0x60 0xFE
                            '-----------------------
                            #org 0x83BB9D7
                            msgbox 0x83BBA61 '"I'm okay now. I have COINS."
                            '---------
                            ' Strings
                            '---------
                            #org 0x3BB8D0
                            = OH MY GOD! I'M OUT OF COINS!\pAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH\nHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
                            #org 0x3BBA61
                            = I'm okay now. I have COINS.






                            That script is supposed to have a guy at the slot machines, he says that and runs out.

                            Problem is, he only says the words and doesn't move. What'd I do wrong?
                            Hey, Man, yeah there are a couple of things wrong, I think... As I'm a Newbsta as well, I'll try with the best of my ability.

                            One thing I noticed, might not actually be the problem but you don't set the flag after you use it... Should do that.

                            Two, isn't the applymovement raw stuff suppose to go down the lines, not across one? Like this:
                            0x65
                            0x14
                            0x2B
                            0x2B
                            0x2B
                            0x2B
                            0x2B
                            0x2B
                            0x2B
                            0x29
                            0x60
                            0xFE
                            ? I've seen it done in some Tutorials around this site and yeah... Haven't tried it but I'm assuming that's the way it's done...

                            If I'm totally way of course and I really should be told otherwise, please let me know. Just trying to help buddy :classic:
                            __________________



                            Click here to level up my card!
                              #142    
                            Old December 2nd, 2008 (2:25 PM).
                            hayitsCARLOS's Avatar
                            hayitsCARLOS hayitsCARLOS is offline
                            Pokemon Caretaker
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2008
                              Location: Ontario, Canada
                              Age: 22
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Naughty
                              Posts: 20
                              Okay, I got it to work.

                              It gives me a Bulbasaur, activates the Pokedex, running shoes and Pokemon menu, but the Pokeball doesn't disappear.
                              This is the script:

                              '-----------------------
                              #org 0x39D52C
                              lock
                              faceplayer
                              givepokemon 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
                              setflag 0x800
                              setflag 0x801
                              setflag 0x860
                              release
                              end

                              How do I get the Pokeball to disappear and make the sound for receiving stuff?
                                #143    
                              Old December 2nd, 2008 (5:54 PM).
                              Darthatron's Avatar
                              Darthatron Darthatron is offline
                              巨大なトロール。
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2006
                              Location: Melbourne, Australia
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Modest
                              Posts: 1,152
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Oh_Delilah View Post
                              Hey, Man, yeah there are a couple of things wrong, I think... As I'm a Newbsta as well, I'll try with the best of my ability.

                              One thing I noticed, might not actually be the problem but you don't set the flag after you use it... Should do that.

                              Two, isn't the applymovement raw stuff suppose to go down the lines, not across one? Like this:
                              0x65
                              0x14
                              0x2B
                              0x2B
                              0x2B
                              0x2B
                              0x2B
                              0x2B
                              0x2B
                              0x29
                              0x60
                              0xFE
                              ? I've seen it done in some Tutorials around this site and yeah... Haven't tried it but I'm assuming that's the way it's done...

                              If I'm totally way of course and I really should be told otherwise, please let me know. Just trying to help buddy
                              These two pieces of script will do the exact same thing.
                              Code:
                              #raw 0x65
                              #raw 0x14
                              #raw 0x2B
                              #raw 0x2B
                              #raw 0x2B
                              #raw 0x2B
                              #raw 0x2B
                              #raw 0x2B
                              #raw 0x2B
                              #raw 0x29
                              #raw 0x60
                              #raw 0xFE
                              Code:
                              #raw 0x65 0x14 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x2B 0x29 0x60 0xFE
                              So, they both work, it just depends on how you want to script.
                              __________________
                              あなた は しきしゃ です
                              わたし は ばか です
                                #144    
                              Old December 2nd, 2008 (10:27 PM).
                              Oh_Delilah's Avatar
                              Oh_Delilah Oh_Delilah is offline
                              BiNkY
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2007
                                Gender:
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 10
                                Hey, thanks Darthatron. I will use that information as I'm just starting to learn Movement Scripts.

                                Thanks man, You helped =)

                                Binky
                                __________________



                                Click here to level up my card!
                                  #145    
                                Old December 5th, 2008 (10:25 PM). Edited December 5th, 2008 by liger66.
                                liger66's Avatar
                                liger66 liger66 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2008
                                  Gender:
                                  Posts: 16
                                  can someone make a list of the importent set flag comands and what they do
                                  dont worrie i found what i needed for now
                                    #146    
                                  Old December 6th, 2008 (2:05 AM). Edited December 6th, 2008 by Raizaiel.
                                  Raizaiel's Avatar
                                  Raizaiel Raizaiel is offline
                                  Well, I'll be conflabbed!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Dec 2008
                                    Location: Game Freak's outer space location.
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Impish
                                    Posts: 16
                                    Alright, so this accursed scripting is driving me mad. I downloaded XSE and I've followed the instructions to the letter, but I just can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong. Some events I can edit but some I can't? I can play around with some of the events on my maps but others...oh, it doesn't matter what I do. They're just going to garble up my text and some signposts will bleed sentences onto others. It's quite sad. I keep getting strange Japanese-esque letters. You know the kind, when something in Japanese is basically shoved through a blender with some English and spewn out the other side in a hideous, bloody mash. As I said, I'm using XSE and I've got it going through Advance Map. I've practically memorized how to write a damned signpost message and I just can't seem to do it.

                                    Also, when I tried ScriptEd earlier, the message I typed for one character overwrote what I did for another and vice versa. I'm clearly doing SOMETHING wrong.

                                    FOR EXAMPLE (Can't edit event):

                                    I would type in the following on a signpost and compile it:


                                    #dynamic 0x801011

                                    #org @start
                                    lock
                                    msgbox @text
                                    boxset 0x6
                                    release
                                    end

                                    #org @text
                                    = CRIMPRUNE CITY/pThe casino city of flames

                                    Only I get this afterwards when I re-open the event:

                                    #org 0x800101
                                    nopl
                                    spriteface2 0x0 0xCE
                                      #147    
                                    Old December 6th, 2008 (2:51 AM).
                                    Surf's Avatar
                                    Surf Surf is offline
                                    ...
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                                      Location: Rust
                                      Age: 22
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 1,197
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Amonitas View Post
                                      When I take a step, all the flags reset... I mean that the sprite goes visible again, but otherwise good, I try to make a give pokemon script and see if it works.
                                      Try this
                                      #dynamic 0x2403DD
                                      #org @start
                                      setflag 0x200
                                      wildbattle 0x194 0x3C 0x8B 0x1
                                      cry 0xA1 0x6
                                      hidesprite lasttalked
                                      end

                                      then in person id in a-map put 0200
                                      __________________
                                      I'm looking for some good (When I say good,
                                      I mean you can hold your own by yourself)
                                      N**i Zombies players, to form a team or even a
                                      clan, to play with casually.
                                      Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
                                      and I'll get back to you.
                                        #148    
                                      Old December 6th, 2008 (1:43 PM). Edited December 6th, 2008 by HackMew.
                                      HackMew's Avatar
                                      HackMew HackMew is offline
                                      Mewtwo Strikes Back
                                      • Crystal Tier
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2006
                                      Posts: 1,314
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Raizaiel View Post
                                      Alright, so this accursed scripting is driving me mad. I downloaded XSE and I've followed the instructions to the letter, but I just can't figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong. Some events I can edit but some I can't? I can play around with some of the events on my maps but others...oh, it doesn't matter what I do. They're just going to garble up my text and some signposts will bleed sentences onto others. It's quite sad. I keep getting strange Japanese-esque letters. You know the kind, when something in Japanese is basically shoved through a blender with some English and spewn out the other side in a hideous, bloody mash. As I said, I'm using XSE and I've got it going through Advance Map. I've practically memorized how to write a damned signpost message and I just can't seem to do it.

                                      Also, when I tried ScriptEd earlier, the message I typed for one character overwrote what I did for another and vice versa. I'm clearly doing SOMETHING wrong.

                                      FOR EXAMPLE (Can't edit event):

                                      I would type in the following on a signpost and compile it:


                                      #dynamic 0x801011

                                      #org @start
                                      lock
                                      msgbox @text
                                      boxset 0x6
                                      release
                                      end

                                      #org @text
                                      = CRIMPRUNE CITY/pThe casino city of flames

                                      Only I get this afterwards when I re-open the event:

                                      #org 0x800101
                                      nopl
                                      spriteface2 0x0 0xCE
                                      First of all it's \p and not /p. Second, when you write a signpost script, use use callstd/boxset 3, not 6.
                                      Thrid, you misunderstood how XSE works.
                                      When you use #dynamic, you just tell XSE where to start looking for free space inside the ROM.
                                      After compiling, the compiler output will open, showing you the actual offset you need to use.


                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Mac_mini View Post
                                      Try this
                                      #dynamic 0x2403DD
                                      #org @start
                                      setflag 0x200
                                      wildbattle 0x194 0x3C 0x8B 0x1
                                      cry 0xA1 0x6
                                      hidesprite lasttalked
                                      end

                                      then in person id in a-map put 0200
                                      Please, not! Using flag 0x200 is anything but safe... also, the cry should be put before, not after. Not to say it's even wrongly used...

                                      Code:
                                      #dynamic 0x800000
                                      
                                      #org @start
                                      cry 0x194 0x0
                                      wildbattle 0x194 0x3C 0x8B 0x1
                                      hidesprite LASTTALKED
                                      setflag 0x1001
                                      end
                                      Then in Person ID in AM put 1001.
                                      __________________
                                        #149    
                                      Old December 6th, 2008 (5:01 PM).
                                      liger66's Avatar
                                      liger66 liger66 is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2008
                                        Gender:
                                        Posts: 16
                                        i know iv asked this all ready but could somebody please tell me how to edit the start of the Rom the bit where the controls are explaned and the bit where the professor explains what Pokemon are
                                          #150    
                                        Old December 6th, 2008 (6:44 PM).
                                        link12552's Avatar
                                        link12552 link12552 is offline
                                        to measure how far we wonder
                                           
                                          Join Date: Dec 2007
                                          Location: The blue one
                                          Age: 21
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Calm
                                          Posts: 203
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by liger66 View Post
                                          i know iv asked this all ready but could somebody please tell me how to edit the start of the Rom the bit where the controls are explaned and the bit where the professor explains what Pokemon are
                                          Use advance text



                                          ____________________________________________________________________

                                          Download Advance Text Here
                                          Advance Text.rar
                                          Closed Thread
                                          Quick Reply

                                          Sponsored Links
                                          Thread Tools

                                          Posting Rules
                                          You may not post new threads
                                          You may not post replies
                                          You may not post attachments
                                          You may not edit your posts

                                          BB code is On
                                          Smilies are On
                                          [IMG] code is On
                                          HTML code is Off

                                          Forum Jump


                                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:48 AM.