• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT] UU Menace

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    UU Menace

[RMT] UU Menace

Persian @ Silk Scarf
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Aerial Ace
    U-Turn
    Fake Out
    Hypnosis

Persian acts as my lead, though I wonder if Purugly is a better lead. Need confirmation.

[RMT] UU Menace

Hypno @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/58 Def/200 SpD
    Toxic
    Seismic Toss
    Wish
    Reflect

Hypno serves as my special wall. Wish is still legal on some servers, so that's nice. I went with Thunderwave for two reasons: 1) Persian gives me an early, reliable sleep. 2) Too many people expect and prepare for it. Even still, Thunderwave will be absorbed by Lanturn and Steelix, two very common Sleep Talkers. Thus, I go with Toxic, to hit the latter.

[RMT] UU Menace

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/120 Att/138 SpD
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Sleep Talk
    Rest

My physical wall that does a helluva job at taking physical hits with littl reaction. Explosion could do some nice damage to things that would wall it otherwise. On the other side, Rest will make a reliable way to recover. Might fit Curse in here to make Gyro Ball viable.

[RMT] UU Menace

Jynx @ Leftovers
    Timid
    252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
    Ice Beam
    Lovely Kiss
    Substitute
    Calm Mind

Jynx is here to prove some speed that my team lacks, while maintaining a hard-hitter sense. Calm Mind boosts her Special Attack and Special Defense sky high while she protects against status from Substitute. Lovley Kiss to sleep things I can't beat.

[RMT] UU Menace

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 SpD
    Close Combat
    Earthquake
    Blaze Kick/Bulk Up
    Stone Edge

I've always loved Hitmonlee, but I always thought the likes of Hitmonchan and Hitmontop were superior. Only today did I find Hitmonlee is a serious beast in UU. Having the highest attack stat of all fighters in the UU environment, as well as having a very nice physical movepool with a great SpD stat. Considering if I should put the likes of Bulk Up over Blaze Kick for some extra power.

[RMT] UU Menace

Vileplume @ Leftovers
    Modest
    244 HP/130 Def/136 SpD
    Energy Ball
    Leech Seed
    Subtitute
    Sludge Bomb

I finally got SubSeed on Vileplume, and decided that I should have 2 attacking moves. Sludge Bomb and Energy Ball are excellent STABS, and with this bulky set, it can survive a few hits.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I just realized that Quagsire had Water Absorb. I'll look into it.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I would put confuse ray on Lanturn over aqua ring. You laready have lefties and Volt Absorb on Lanturn, so aqua ring isn't neccessary. Other than that, my team is pretty much a piece of crap compared to urs.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Don't worry, my team was crap when I first started. UU is a very hard tier to adjust to.

And I guess I'll go HP Grass just for coverage. I also need a more reliable defense against fighting types. Could Nidoqueen or Nidoking work?

Last edited:

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Fighting resist goes along the lines of Nidoqueen. Kill everything goes along the lines of Nidoking. Seeing as you only have one fighting resist, and it isn't designed to take physical blows, it hurts, so yeah, really consider it. CB Primape can really cause you troubles, even with Nidoqueen. It outspeeds everything except for Persian, but Persian can't come in, and Vital Spirit prevents sleep, meaning it can come in on a predicted Hypnosis and lay waste.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Fighting resist goes along the lines of Nidoqueen. Kill everything goes along the lines of Kidoking. Seeing as you only have one fighting resist, and it isn't designed to take physical blows, it hurts, so yeah, really consider it. CB Primape can really cause you troubles, even with Nidoqueen. It outspeeds everything except for Persian, but Persian can't come in, and Vital Spirit prevents sleep, meaning it can come in on a predicted Hypnosis and lay waste.

To be honest, Nidoqueen gets wasted by Earthquake, something UU has a lot of.

Drifblim can't act as my fighting immunity since he has a SR weak AND Stone Edge weak. Could Nidoqueen work? Or how about Claydol? I'm out of options really =-[

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    To be honest, a physically defensive Claydol is your best bet against fighters, and you might have to get further support if it's CB Hitmonchan because Ice Punch lays a lot of damage onto Claydol.

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    UU Menace

[RMT] UU Menace

Persian @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
    Bite
    Fake Out
    U-Turn
    Hypnosis
    Pretty Good.
    Persian is mostly here to make a reliable lead. Fake Out nearly guarantees a hit, whereas Ghosts get nailed by Bite. Technician boosts Fake out and Bite, making Persian actually quite usable as a physical sweeper. Life Orb also boosts Bite and Fake Out. Hypnosis gives me an early sleep.
    Pretty Good

[RMT] UU Menace

Hypno @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/58 Def/200 SpD
    Toxic
    Seismic Toss
    Wish
    Reflect

Hypno serves as my special wall. Wish is still legal on some servers, so that's nice. I went with Thunderwave for two reasons: 1) Persian gives me an early, reliable sleep. 2) Too many people expect and prepare for it. Even still, Thunderwave will be absorbed by Lanturn and Steelix, two very common Sleep Talkers. Thus, I go with Toxic, to hit the latter.
    Pretty Good.

[RMT] UU Menace

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/120 Att/138 SpD
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Roar
    Rest/Explosion

My physical wall that does a helluva job at taking physical hits with littl reaction. Explosion could do some nice damage to things that would wall it otherwise. On the other side, Rest will make a reliable way to recover. Might fit Curse in here to make Gyro Ball viable.
    Pretty Good.

[RMT] UU Menace

Glaceon @ Choice Specs
    Modest
    252 SpA/252 HP/6 Spe
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    HP Fighting
    Sleep Talk

I decided Glaceon would make a better addition to the team since it has much better defenses. It's also a much harder hitter with a superb Special Attack. I went with Choice Specs for the sheer power. Lack of a diverse movepool hurts though.
    Pretty Good. Except that I'm confused on having Sleep Talk on it since once it wakes up, you will be forced to switch out because of the choice specs. Probably try water pulse but i doubt it'll help at all.
    [RMT] UU Menace

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Att/252 Spe/6 SpD
    Close Combat
    Earthquake
    Blaze Kick/Bulk Up
    Stone Edge
    I think you should replace blaze kick with bulk up. You will need the good defense and attack boost to deal some serious damage especially with the STAB'ed close combat.
    I've always loved Hitmonlee, but I always thought the likes of Hitmonchan and Hitmontop were superior. Only today did I find Hitmonlee is a serious beast in UU. Having the highest attack stat of all fighters in the UU environment, as well as having a very nice physical movepool with a great SpD stat. Considering if I should put the likes of Bulk Up over Blaze Kick for some extra power.

[RMT] UU Menace

Lanturn @ Leftovers
    Calm
    40 HP/38 Spe/192/240 SpD
    Discharge
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Confuse Ray/Aqua Ring

Special Tank that can take repeated thunderbolts and water attacks. Ice Beam is there for things like Vileplume and Meganium, whereas Thunderbolt and Surf make a great STAB. The last slot is taboo for me. I literally don't know what else to add. I dislike both options to be honest.
    I say replace discharge with Thunderbolt since its stronger. Unless you want a better chance on getting a paralyzing hax, stick with discharge...but suggest you get thunderbolt. And give it max EV's on Hp. Lanturn has a very high hp base stat and you should consider taking advantage of that.
    Changes are in bold and pretty good UU team by the way. Hopefully i helped out a bit.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Sleep Talk enables Glaceon to absorb sleep, something most Choice users cannot (or don't take into consideration) do. I'll probably use Water Pulse since she is walled to no end by steels.

I'm considering replacing Lanturn (or Persian) for Nidoqueen to absorb fighting attacks and Toxic Spikes. Which would not have a huge impact if they left?

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    I wouldn't use Life Orb on Persian as its primary job is to just ruin Focus Sash and get an early hit. You won't like it when they switch in Steelix and you lose 10% HP for nothing. Leftovers or Focus Sash is superior imo.

Your team hates Earthquake. I would seriously consider Claydol here for a nice EQ immunity and reliable fighting resist (instead of Lanturn or Steelix).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I wouldn't use Life Orb on Persian as its primary job is to just ruin Focus Sash and get an early hit. You won't like it when they switch in Steelix and you lose 10% HP for nothing. Leftovers or Focus Sash is superior imo.

Your team hates Earthquake. I would seriously consider Claydol here for a nice EQ immunity and reliable fighting resist (instead of Lanturn or Steelix).

I'll put it over Lanturn. It hasn't been doing much for me =[

EDIT: I was thinking, and if I add Claydol over Lanturn, I lose my only water resist. And if I replace Steelix, I lose massive physical defense in my team.

So, could I use Vileplume over Lanturn to resist both water AND fighting? I need a set, apparently Shoddy banned SubSeed.

Last edited:
    Back