• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official PC Artworm Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    WHAT?! A WORM?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

That's right kidlets, PC's first ever ARTWORM! CELEBRATION! It's not as terrifying as it sounds, I promise!

For those who don't know what a worm is:

Examples:
    https://worm.bluesfear.com/index2.html
    https://chray.deviantart.com/art/Tripod-37817199

What's the big deal?
    An Artworm is well, a worm of art. The height is fixed and it doesn't matter who does it. It's less about the skill of the person and more about the art and passion that they put into. This is something to bring graphic artists together. One person does such and such, and then the next person continues on from the last. It's okay to maybe cover up a corner or something, but we must be careful not to do that too much, or else we will be overpowering their art- and that's a bad thing.

Do whatever.
    The first person starts the art worm, of course, and the next person continues on, blending the same thing into their piece, though, as shown with the examples above, you don't need to have ANY relevancy at all in here. :3 It's art, not scripture.

You're here to stay.

So, this will be organized by those kind-hearted enough to do so (aka myself), along of course, with those of the staff. So yes, I will be breathing down your necks about this.

Up to 10 Blocks Per Artist
    There's not too many artists here that I've seen, so if numbers are lookin' slim, I'll allow multiple blocks to be done by one person.

Anyone and everyone!

If you would like all to be a part of this, post in this thread to sign up!

Time to lay down the rules and specs.
    - Must be 450(h)x600(w)- You can be a bit "longer", but don't go overboard.
    - The order will follow by sign-ups. So if you wanna be next to someone, be sure to sign up right before or after them!
    - Work with the person before you- Don't just randomly swap over. Make it flow.
    - Do not say you MIGHT sign up. Sign-ups are final unless it's possible to make changes.
    - All finished pieces will be PM'd or e-mailed to me so I can update. Any edits will be sent to me.
    - Please do NOT start working until it's your turn on the list.
    - Everyone will have one week's time. Time starts whenever the previous person confirms they're completion. If you do not finish within a week, you will lose your turn and have to go to the end of the list.
    If you're confused, the process goes as, #1 works on his/her piece while discussing it with #2. #2 will then get to work on his/her's while discussing it with #3, and so on. Whether you discuss with the person before you or not is up to you. You can just request their piece and work from it yourself.

I will drop inactive people.

If you're not here within about a day or two after I send a notice, I'm sorry. You're gone. This thing's a big deal, and there will be people willing to work on it.

THERE'S EVEN A CONVENIENT TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE PIECES FLOW:

https://perminator.deviantart.com/art/Artworm-tutorial-37865824

PREVIEW:
    https://img296.imageshack.us/img296/758/pcartwormyr8.png

List:

1. Color Me Evil
    2. Hazuki
    3. Loki
    4. Aizuke
    5. evilcheese
    6. Rényui
    7. .freak
    8. riginality Fails
    9. Shiranui
    10. El Capitano
    11. Raikazu
    12. Conman
    13. Michael Allison Is Not I
    14. The Postman

Red = Completed
    Green = Current person worm is on

Last edited by a moderator:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'll only be able to mine on the weekend, but count me in. ;D

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I guess I should sign up before school work starts getting in the way ^^

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    Just as a heads up, the artworm is supposed to floooow. The pieces aren't supposed to be seperate, because where's the talent and skill in that? The colors are supposed to blend into each piece and link them all together. xD;;

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    ....xD; Maybe you'll want to fix your piece later, Hazuki?

I'll start working on mine.

edit: Oh my god Hazuki. xD! [/that gray bar thing is a killer]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back