Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

View Poll Results: How is it so far?
Nice! 108 67.92%
Not bad 25 15.72%
Okay 13 8.18%
Needs work (Give me suggestions plz) 13 8.18%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #226    
Old March 14th, 2009 (8:01 PM). Edited March 15th, 2009 by ~GodricGryffindor9~.
~GodricGryffindor9~'s Avatar
~GodricGryffindor9~ ~GodricGryffindor9~ is offline
WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
     
    Join Date: Oct 2008
    Location: Lavaridge Town
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 221
    ok ill start with Parmal.


    Parmal:

    the critisizem:
    i dont exactly think the colors should go together like that. so im gonna call it a color clash, it looks like one of santas little helpers turned into a bird. and theres another thing, the wings look a little like hands to me, but thats about it.

    the praise:
    the overall sprite work and clean up is done very well like most of your sprites. this is an improvement on petweet or its original sprite. and the ribbon, feather, ect on its head is placed on the sprite perfectly if you know what i mean.

    the rating:
    8/10

    Maramoo:

    the critisizem:
    not much really, just that the outlines look a little on the bright side. and the eyes look like they are looking away from the opponet pokemon.

    the praise:
    the design, sprite, choice of color, detail, and name all perfectly mesh together. this is definitly something i want to catch!

    the rating:
    10/10


    Solidot:

    the critisizem:
    omg it looks to much like sunkern, i cant say i looks much different. its got the stripes removed, mouth removed, spikes removed, shrank, and repositioned but thats about it.

    the praise:
    well the sprite work is good.

    the rating:
    5/10

    my advice: remove a leaf and the stem so just the leaf is there.
    or:maybe make it more seed looking like make it a light brown and transform it into a seed shape.

    Tulpia

    the critisizem:
    i dont really like the way its leaned to the side like that, and it should probbly be posed.

    the praise:
    as you can see its very well done, sorta like the magikarp evo tree. something crappy turns into something super powerful ( except sunkern out moves magikarp any day lol )
    the shading is great and well... thats about it ( i got to start puting in reasons why i like them ).

    the rating ( duh duh duh... ) :
    10/10



    well thats my opinion. srry it took so long

    Relevant Advertising!

      #227    
    Old March 15th, 2009 (11:32 AM).
    <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
    <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
    I got you whistling Blue Box!
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2006
    Location: Germany
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Mild
    Posts: 640
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StaraptorX View Post
    ok ill start with Parmal.


    Parmal:

    the critisizem:
    i dont exactly think the colors should go together like that. so im gonna call it a color clash, it looks like one of santas little helpers turned into a bird. and theres another thing, the wings look a little like hands to me, but thats about it.

    the praise:
    the overall sprite work and clean up is done very well like most of your sprites. this is an improvement on petweet or its original sprite. and the ribbon, feather, ect on its head is placed on the sprite perfectly if you know what i mean.

    the rating:
    8/10

    Maramoo:

    the critisizem:
    not much really, just that the outlines look a little on the bright side. and the eyes look like they are looking away from the opponet pokemon.

    the praise:
    the design, sprite, choice of color, detail, and name all perfectly mesh together. this is definitly something i want to catch!

    the rating:
    10/10


    Solidot:

    the critisizem:
    omg it looks to much like sunkern, i cant say i looks much different. its got the stripes removed, mouth removed, spikes removed, shrank, and repositioned but thats about it.

    the praise:
    well the sprite work is good.

    the rating:
    5/10

    my advice: remove a leaf and the stem so just the leaf is there.
    or:maybe make it more seed looking like make it a light brown and transform it into a seed shape.

    Tulpia

    the critisizem:
    i dont really like the way its leaned to the side like that, and it should probbly be posed.

    the praise:
    as you can see its very well done, sorta like the magikarp evo tree. something crappy turns into something super powerful ( except sunkern out moves magikarp any day lol )
    the shading is great and well... thats about it ( i got to start puting in reasons why i like them ).

    the rating ( duh duh duh... ) :
    10/10



    well thats my opinion. srry it took so long
    Thank you Staraptor X. I've been meaning to switch out parmals colors for something a bit more fitting and unsaturated. I'll find the time eventually. I also agree with a few ideas of yours for solidot, perhaps I'll remake it.
      #228    
    Old March 15th, 2009 (11:45 AM). Edited March 15th, 2009 by ~GodricGryffindor9~.
    ~GodricGryffindor9~'s Avatar
    ~GodricGryffindor9~ ~GodricGryffindor9~ is offline
    WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
       
      Join Date: Oct 2008
      Location: Lavaridge Town
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 221
      your welcome! im thinking of becoming a sprite critic. i just watched the video and this looks like a game i would want to play without a shadow of a doubt! i like velgrus custom cry to, but the unknow pokemon has giratinas cry.

      100 official post!! WOOTLY!
        #229    
      Old March 18th, 2009 (1:38 PM).
      = GPR ='s Avatar
      = GPR = = GPR = is offline
      Birding Extraordinaire
         
        Join Date: Jul 2008
        Location: Illinois
        Age: 26
        Nature: Modest
        Posts: 655
        I've been on board with this from the start, and i have to say, i am truly proud of where this is going. Granted, alot has changed since we first started, but alot of the core ideas are still here, and this is just...just...im still thinking of the word...

        you get, i'm at a loss for words it's so good. I LUV it fmp...flood.

        Call on me if you need some help on anything... i'm only a pm away...
        __________________
        "In a world of chaos, the picture is one small rectangle in which the artist can create an ordered universe."
        ~ Charley Harper ~

          #230    
        Old March 26th, 2009 (2:59 PM).
        ~GodricGryffindor9~'s Avatar
        ~GodricGryffindor9~ ~GodricGryffindor9~ is offline
        WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
           
          Join Date: Oct 2008
          Location: Lavaridge Town
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 221
          Are you going to have a contest soon? I particully like the design contests the best.
            #231    
          Old March 26th, 2009 (3:24 PM).
          PokemonOI's Avatar
          PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
          Back To WORK!
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Location: INSULA
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 1,567
            yo Flood any new updates? It's been a while? I cant remember the last update....Anyway I really just wanna see what your scripting has gotten you.
              #232    
            Old March 26th, 2009 (3:52 PM).
            <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
            <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
            I got you whistling Blue Box!
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2006
            Location: Germany
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Mild
            Posts: 640
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by StaraptorX View Post
            your welcome! im thinking of becoming a sprite critic. i just watched the video and this looks like a game i would want to play without a shadow of a doubt! i like velgrus custom cry to, but the unknow pokemon has giratinas cry.

            100 official post!! WOOTLY!
            Thank you I'm glad you liked it although a bit of it will be subject to change in the demo. I'm working on velgrus's cry as well as the other fakemon, the mystery pokemons' cry is also almost finished I just have to find a tone that goes with the look of the fakemon. I appreciate your comment by the way thankyou

            Congatulations on your 100th post by the way. Seems you're here to stay LOL.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by gp_arts39 View Post
            I've been on board with this from the start, and i have to say, i am truly proud of where this is going. Granted, alot has changed since we first started, but alot of the core ideas are still here, and this is just...just...im still thinking of the word...

            you get, i'm at a loss for words it's so good. I LUV it fmp...flood.

            Call on me if you need some help on anything... i'm only a pm away...
            Thank you very much for your sense of dedication to this project GP I'm glad you like where it's going

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by StaraptorX View Post
            Are you going to have a contest soon? I particully like the design contests the best.
            I actually do have 2 new contests to announce but one won't be until the demo release however but the other one will be in the next update after this one I'm currently planning.

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
            yo Flood any new updates? It's been a while? I cant remember the last update....Anyway I really just wanna see what your scripting has gotten you.
            I'm currently working on a battle system similar to pearl diamond and platinum as well as the new bag script and a few other scripts so the next update is a bit far off, but I promise the update won't dissapoint.

            Next update: the next update will feature a new and much improved battle design, new tiles, fakemon, the reveal of the first gym battle as well as the first gym card, new events, characters, features and more.
              #233    
            Old March 26th, 2009 (5:38 PM).
            PokemonOI's Avatar
            PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
            Back To WORK!
               
              Join Date: May 2008
              Location: INSULA
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 1,567
              All cool man I cant wait to see. Especially since your working on a system "LIKE" D/P. I cant wait to see what new creative twists of your own that you put on it.
                #234    
              Old March 28th, 2009 (1:17 PM).
              cdrew's Avatar
              cdrew cdrew is offline
              Spastic Video Game Designer
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2009
                Location: In mushroom kingdom, killing Mama Luigi! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!
                Gender:
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 105
                i like the battle graphics. they're really unique.
                  #235    
                Old March 28th, 2009 (7:02 PM).
                ~Äkumà~'s Avatar
                ~Äkumà~ ~Äkumà~ is offline
                Vampire Boy
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2008
                  Location: North Bay
                  Age: 24
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 81
                  Looks amazing any idea when the demo or game should be released??

                  jw?
                  __________________
                    #236    
                  Old March 29th, 2009 (9:34 AM).
                  <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
                  <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
                  I got you whistling Blue Box!
                  • Silver Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2006
                  Location: Germany
                  Age: 25
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Mild
                  Posts: 640
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
                  All cool man I cant wait to see. Especially since your working on a system "LIKE" D/P. I cant wait to see what new creative twists of your own that you put on it.
                  Thank you very much OI

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cdrew View Post
                  i like the battle graphics. they're really unique.
                  Thank you I really appreciate it.

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rogueslay View Post
                  Looks amazing any idea when the demo or game should be released??

                  jw?
                  There's a probable demo June 12...I'll keep everyone posted in May to see if it's a strong possibility. Thank you by the way.
                    #237    
                  Old April 2nd, 2009 (1:56 PM).
                  Conan Edogawa's Avatar
                  Conan Edogawa Conan Edogawa is offline
                  One Truth Prevails
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2009
                    Location: Massachusetts
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 1,061
                    A bit of constructive criticism. The head on the evolution of Velgrus seems to big. I'm not sure if someone told you that yet but it sticks out to me.
                    __________________
                      #238    
                    Old April 2nd, 2009 (6:08 PM).
                    Atomic Reactor's Avatar
                    Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
                    @atomicreactor
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2007
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 1,967
                    Wow, I can;t believe i havnt posted on here yet :O
                    Everything looks really good. I would suggest changing in battle text colors, it blends with the battle box to much. But you already know this.
                    Everything else looks real good. Keep up the good work :3
                    __________________
                      #239    
                    Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:19 PM).
                    <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
                    <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
                    I got you whistling Blue Box!
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2006
                    Location: Germany
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Mild
                    Posts: 640
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by baseballscooper View Post
                    A bit of constructive criticism. The head on the evolution of Velgrus seems to big. I'm not sure if someone told you that yet but it sticks out to me.
                    Really? Seems fine to me, but that may because I was the one who designed it, no matter It's having another pose change later on in the future. Thank you though.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
                    Wow, I can;t believe i havnt posted on here yet :O
                    Everything looks really good. I would suggest changing in battle text colors, it blends with the battle box to much. But you already know this.
                    Everything else looks real good. Keep up the good work :3
                    Thank you AR and yes I entend to change the color of the text as well as quite a few other things. Thank you and I will.

                    Note: The next update is almost finished and may be up within the next two days or so.
                      #240    
                    Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:31 PM).
                    Atomic Reactor's Avatar
                    Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
                    @atomicreactor
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2007
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 1,967
                    You mean the update for april 13th?
                    __________________
                      #241    
                    Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:33 PM).
                    <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
                    <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
                    I got you whistling Blue Box!
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2006
                    Location: Germany
                    Age: 25
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Mild
                    Posts: 640
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
                    You mean the update for april 13th?
                    lol Yeah, sorry I should have stated that a bit more clearly. Yes The update I had planned for April 13th may be up much sooner than I expected.
                      #242    
                    Old April 3rd, 2009 (12:35 PM).
                    Atomic Reactor's Avatar
                    Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
                    @atomicreactor
                    • Crystal Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2007
                    Age: 24
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 1,967
                    As much as anyone loves updates, I think you should post pone it till the said Date.
                    And just give like, one screen in the next couple days.
                    To build up our anticipation :P
                    __________________
                      #243    
                    Old April 3rd, 2009 (4:06 PM).
                    PokemonOI's Avatar
                    PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                    Back To WORK!
                       
                      Join Date: May 2008
                      Location: INSULA
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 1,567
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
                      As much as anyone loves updates, I think you should post pone it till the said Date.
                      And just give like, one screen in the next couple days.
                      To build up our anticipation
                      I agree. lol a screen would be nice. This game is starting to look real good man.
                        #244    
                      Old April 3rd, 2009 (10:58 PM).
                      <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
                      <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
                      I got you whistling Blue Box!
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2006
                      Location: Germany
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Mild
                      Posts: 640
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
                      As much as anyone loves updates, I think you should post pone it till the said Date.
                      And just give like, one screen in the next couple days.
                      To build up our anticipation
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
                      I agree. lol a screen would be nice. This game is starting to look real good man.
                      Alright well If that's the case, Here's an updated picture of what Carbon's been up to.



                      I'll give a cookie to the first person who can tell me who that guy with the white hair is. XD

                      Most of what I promised for the update is in the one picture...minus many new tiles, characters, and events...but It's just the general gist of what to expect...Comments on the new tiles would be appreciated.
                        #245    
                      Old April 4th, 2009 (3:42 AM).
                      ~GodricGryffindor9~'s Avatar
                      ~GodricGryffindor9~ ~GodricGryffindor9~ is offline
                      WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2008
                        Location: Lavaridge Town
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Adamant
                        Posts: 221
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by <~Flood~> View Post
                        Alright well If that's the case, Here's an updated picture of what Carbon's been up to.



                        I'll give a cookie to the first person who can tell me who that guy with the white hair is. XD

                        Most of what I promised for the update is in the one picture...minus many new tiles, characters, and events...but It's just the general gist of what to expect...Comments on the new tiles would be appreciated.


                        is that a fakemon? youve piqued ( whatever that means XD ) my intrest. it is inevitable mr.Anderson i will come.... lol. ah well i think im going off to a good start but im going to have to add new sections in my reviews.

                        oh and the guy in the white hair... obviously a big part of the story... chuck norris? jk i have no idea who he is ( darn i really wanted that cookie )
                          #246    
                        Old April 4th, 2009 (5:43 AM).
                        PokemonOI's Avatar
                        PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                        Back To WORK!
                           
                          Join Date: May 2008
                          Location: INSULA
                          Nature: Brave
                          Posts: 1,567
                          I'm gonna say that its the rival?
                            #247    
                          Old April 4th, 2009 (5:52 AM).
                          BlazingLink's Avatar
                          BlazingLink BlazingLink is offline
                          Sergeant Serious
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2009
                          Location: Rhode Island, USA
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 139
                          Isn't that the Professor Assistant?
                          __________________


                            #248    
                          Old April 4th, 2009 (8:34 PM).
                          <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
                          <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
                          I got you whistling Blue Box!
                          • Silver Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2006
                          Location: Germany
                          Age: 25
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Mild
                          Posts: 640
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by StaraptorX View Post
                          is that a fakemon? youve piqued ( whatever that means XD ) my intrest. it is inevitable mr.Anderson i will come.... lol. ah well i think im going off to a good start but im going to have to add new sections in my reviews.

                          oh and the guy in the white hair... obviously a big part of the story... chuck norris? jk i have no idea who he is ( darn i really wanted that cookie )
                          No not chuck Norris, but yes you're right he is a big part of the story.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
                          I'm gonna say that its the rival?
                          You're closer.

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by BlazingLink View Post
                          Isn't that the Professor Assistant?
                          Bingo! Yes It's the Professors assistant, but OI was also correct. He's one of your rivals.

                          Thank you for guessing guys. I'd send you the cookie link, but I'm afraid it may go stale by the time it reaches your doorstep...So I'll send you an E-cookie later.

                          Here's yet another Teaser Screen.





                          Curious?
                            #249    
                          Old April 5th, 2009 (4:23 AM).
                          ~GodricGryffindor9~'s Avatar
                          ~GodricGryffindor9~ ~GodricGryffindor9~ is offline
                          WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2008
                            Location: Lavaridge Town
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 221
                            omg ! i feel corupted already! only 8 more days until the update right?
                              #250    
                            Old April 5th, 2009 (7:06 AM).
                            Pika Storm's Avatar
                            Pika Storm Pika Storm is offline
                            learning to script
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2008
                              Location: America, land of the Brave
                              Nature: Hardy
                              Posts: 250
                              that shadowed pokemon looks familiar, is it perhaps the same pokemon that is in teh opening screen?.....

                              I don't know when you all will see it come out of the shadows, but you all will like it
                              __________________
                              i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
                              Closed Thread
                              Quick Reply

                              Sponsored Links
                              Thread Tools

                              Posting Rules
                              You may not post new threads
                              You may not post replies
                              You may not post attachments
                              You may not edit your posts

                              BB code is On
                              Smilies are On
                              [IMG] code is On
                              HTML code is Off

                              Forum Jump


                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:49 PM.