• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Destros Spriteys!

Should the Slize evolution chain become water type?

• Keep Slize the way it is

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Change Slize to a Water type

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Some of these sprites are just simple/unsual edits.
    Destros Spriteys!

The lines on this one look sort of 2D. They should curve with the body, which they didn't here.

Destros Spriteys!

I don't even consider this a fusion, even though you took the fire from another Pokemon's sprite. I don't really like it; it just looks odd in general.

Destros Spriteys!

I can tell it's a fusion with Huntail and something. Interesting, but the placement of the wings could use some work.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    yeah i guess i should take off Murkio. it isnt all that good. And I will redo Darnine. Coonzry is supposed to have to have the lines like that. they are blood vessels. not lines. plus, coonzry is pretty amazing, and i know your totally jealous of it =). i will work on the first two, but coonzry will stay the same for now, until popular demand says i should change it. Until tomorrow, though, i cant do that. after all,im only 13, and i have a bed time. C u tomorrow

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    yeah i guess i should take off Murkio. it isnt all that good. And I will redo Darnine. Coonzry is supposed to have to have the lines like that. they are blood vessels. not lines. plus, coonzry is pretty amazing, and i know your totally jealous of it =). i will work on the first two, but coonzry will stay the same for now, until popular demand says i should change it. Until tomorrow, though, i cant do that. after all,im only 13, and i have a bed time. C u tomorrow
    Doesn't matter what the lines are. Blood vessels aren't two-dimensional.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    dont take off murkio! i thought it was one of your best ones! flosion is not to bad, he's a bit skinny, but i think it looks pretty cool! zaper is also not bad... you just need to work on the outline of his torso. i have to say though, bugrzy is maybe your best one! there's good form, shading, and even some scratching in it. yes, you can tell it's from a spinarak body, but you transformed it so it looks very nicely done!

Darnine's fire looks to copy pasted... you need to make it look more natural by blending it out... as for the other one of the legendaries, it needs work with the head.

you have seen to mastered the skill of recoloration. so that's a start. you also have shading down some what. you just need to work on your copy and pasting, then you will be able to edit better and make great fusions! Don't get discouraged!

Keep Spriting!

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    actually it was from a nincada body ;) nice guess tho. thanks for the encouragement on Murkio. I still shall edit part of his picture out, so that it is just him in there.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    oh... see! i couldn't even guess that it was a nincada body at first, even though i can totally tell now... but okay.

anyhow, down to murkio! you need to probably work on his arms, they seem mishaped. i actually like the wing location, i just think you need to fix his eyes, huntails dont look good... and redo teh shading by his "nose".

as for new darnine, he looks alot better, but the flame over his head doesnt look good at all! you need to have it connected, almost like a mane. why dont you try to scratch your own fire? it's worth a try, since copy/paste doesn't seem to work here...

Keep Spriting!

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    Down to business GP.

1. The eyes on Murkio, they arent his
    2. I'll get right down on editing them, though, as well as the arms
    3. I will attempt to re-scratch(the fire was already scratched) the fire onto his head
    4. Please check out the new darline. I personally dont think its better, but its a start

You know, i might just change Murkio some more, and put back on some arms. i will also revert back to the old darline, because the new one looks abit......heinous

Last edited:

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    5/10

need alot of practice, but I can see you becoming a promising pixeler.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    Well, As you can see by my newer versions, i am improving drastically with the aid of you master spriters. all i need is samsons advice now, and i will be on the path to spriting mastery!

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Well, As you can see by my newer versions, i am improving drastically with the aid of you master spriters. all i need is samsons advice now, and i will be on the path to spriting mastery!
    Improved? Absolutely.
    Improved Drastically? Abolutely not.

There's still numerous problems with the shading, and I suggest you work on them first.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    1. ummmmmmm what exactly should i be reshading in my sprites?
    2. I have finished Spizry! Okay, i have had 203 views, and only like 4 of them replied! come on people, i need your input!

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    i do have to say that these are looking better!

darline 2 had a nice angle to her, but she had a funny looking head. darnine his looking much better. i like how you incorporated the fire like a mane.

I do not like murkio's new four eyed thing... it is alienish and doesn't seem very pokemon like...
    ...i advise you not to that...

The new darline's head is much better looking... but the water coming out of it's back does not look as good as the one on the darline 2.

It's your stuff, you don't always have to follow what other's say... other than that...

Keep Spriting!

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
    Years
    Yeah, I didnt say this yet, but that murkio turned out badly :( the Arm-like things didnt turn out good, and the eyes were an improvisation. As it says in the edit, i am working on him (and another scratch sprite!) so keep a look out in the original post for updates and news

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Yeah, I didnt say this yet, but that murkio turned out badly :( the Arm-like things didnt turn out good, and the eyes were an improvisation. As it says in the edit, i am working on him (and another scratch sprite!) so keep a look out in the original post for updates and news
    What do you mean another scratch sprite? None of these are scratches; you're not fooling anyone.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    OK, seeing as noone is responding, admin, can you close this thread? I shall have to start a differnet one that will include buildings and other such things, as well as a plot and title screen snapshot

thanks alot...

all i ever do is try to praise you, help ya out a bit... we need to have a talk!

Back