Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #151    
Old January 18th, 2009 (6:46 AM). Edited January 18th, 2009 by Zorin.
Zorin's Avatar
Zorin Zorin is offline
Pixies Dance
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Location: The Netherlands
    Age: 24
    Gender:
    Posts: 116
    Sorry I haven't been doing stuff for your game, I've been lazy with pixel art as well as school. I have made two new fakemon though, just see if you like 'em.

    New update is cool, I like the pokepod.
    __________________


    Relevant Advertising!

      #152    
    Old January 19th, 2009 (4:21 AM).
    ~JV~'s Avatar
    ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
    Dev of Pokémon Uranium
       
      Join Date: Aug 2007
      Location: Rio de Janeiro
      Age: 23
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 715
      Im glad you liked it =p. Last week I started making my own battle animations, and guess what? I already have 90 animations done, and they are different for each move, and the best part is that im making them on my own style, that means that im not copying from the original games etc! Here is a teaser:



      __________________
        #153    
      Old January 19th, 2009 (7:12 AM).
      victorspvl's Avatar
      victorspvl victorspvl is offline
         
        Join Date: Aug 2007
        Gender:
        Posts: 93
        cool!!

        This look awesome!!
        __________________
        Pokémon Silver Chronicles.

        "Feel like a Pokémon Trainer."

        wait...
          #154    
        Old January 19th, 2009 (7:46 AM).
        Nytkoi's Avatar
        Nytkoi Nytkoi is offline
        Pokemon Copper!
           
          Join Date: Aug 2007
          Location: In your charasmatic fantasy.
          Posts: 1,637
          Wow, amazing update. I really can't wait to see the animations in action! :]
          __________________
          Pokemon Copper Version - Now on PC!
          New pokemon, new region, new adventure!

          i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
            #155    
          Old January 19th, 2009 (8:01 AM).
          PokemonOI's Avatar
          PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
          Back To WORK!
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Location: INSULA
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 1,565
            That looks great man. I havent really seen people around here work on animations besides myself. It's great to see. In Infinite rainbow I had started the animations and now for malachite they are completely done. Great work! but I for one know how much work you still have to do.
              #156    
            Old January 19th, 2009 (8:12 AM).
            ~JV~'s Avatar
            ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
            Dev of Pokémon Uranium
               
              Join Date: Aug 2007
              Location: Rio de Janeiro
              Age: 23
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 715
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
              That looks great man. I havent really seen people around here work on animations besides myself. It's great to see. In Infinite rainbow I had started the animations and now for malachite they are completely done. Great work! but I for one know how much work you still have to do.
              thats true, its hell lot of work to do. I have right now 106 done but I probably will need to make +100 of them I think. The types that I have already finished making the moves are:
              Fighting, Fire, Flying, Bug, Grass, Steel, Dark, Ghost, Rock and Dragon.
              __________________
                #157    
              Old January 19th, 2009 (11:19 AM).
              h POKE's Avatar
              h POKE h POKE is offline
              angry kid and a keyboard
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2008
                Location: CT
                Posts: 318
                I like the new style of animations. That spider web must have taken you a really long time to create...
                One thing I have to ask, though, is whether you are making new moves in this game. Seeing as how you are creating new tiles, new pokemon, a new region, and the whole nine yards, why don't you go the extra step with a greater movepool?
                __________________
                Will NOT be here next week.
                  #158    
                Old January 19th, 2009 (11:27 AM).
                PokemonOI's Avatar
                PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                Back To WORK!
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Location: INSULA
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 1,565
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
                  I like the new style of animations. That spider web must have taken you a really long time to create...
                  One thing I have to ask, though, is whether you are making new moves in this game. Seeing as how you are creating new tiles, new pokemon, a new region, and the whole nine yards, why don't you go the extra step with a greater movepool?
                  Well i dont know what him and his team is doing with the animations but the spider web doesnt take anytime at all to put in the game.
                    #159    
                  Old January 19th, 2009 (11:31 AM).
                  h POKE's Avatar
                  h POKE h POKE is offline
                  angry kid and a keyboard
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2008
                    Location: CT
                    Posts: 318
                    Ehh... I'm no spriter. I just looked at the image, and it seemed to me to be pretty complex. However, I do agree that it would take little time to program the animation into the game.
                    __________________
                    Will NOT be here next week.
                      #160    
                    Old January 19th, 2009 (12:09 PM).
                    ~JV~'s Avatar
                    ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                    Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2007
                      Location: Rio de Janeiro
                      Age: 23
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 715
                      This web is from fr/lg, but I had to animate it for the game obviously. I had my first attempt at creating a gif and here it is...



                      NOTE: The actual animation has 4x more frames than that and also runs totally smoothly! I just couldnt take a screenshot of every animation frame!!
                      __________________
                        #161    
                      Old January 19th, 2009 (12:39 PM).
                      PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
                      PoKéMaKeR PoKéMaKeR is offline
                      Pokemon Rancher creator!
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2008
                        Location: The Netherlands :)
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 293
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
                        This web is from fr/lg, but I had to animate it for the game obviously. I had my first attempt at creating a gif and here it is...



                        NOTE: The actual animation has 4x more frames than that and also runs totally smoothly! I just couldnt take a screenshot of every animation frame!!
                        MANKEY is burned, oh no.. it's not, it's almost dead, oh no.. not that either.. LOL
                        Nice and I mean real nice animation!
                        It looks totally pokémon!
                        Although you may want to reconsider the place for the BRN thing, because it looks not right in my opinion..
                        Anyway good luck on the game, and I hope to see something more in the near future!

                        PoKéMaKeR
                        __________________
                        (Click for the thread)



                        Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

                          #162    
                        Old January 19th, 2009 (2:52 PM).
                        ~JV~'s Avatar
                        ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                        Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2007
                          Location: Rio de Janeiro
                          Age: 23
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 715
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by PoKéMaKeR View Post


                          MANKEY is burned, oh no.. it's not, it's almost dead, oh no.. not that either.. LOL
                          Nice and I mean real nice animation!
                          It looks totally pokémon!
                          Although you may want to reconsider the place for the BRN thing, because it looks not right in my opinion..
                          Anyway good luck on the game, and I hope to see something more in the near future!

                          PoKéMaKeR
                          Yeah, I had to let Smore use string shot on me three times to get enough frames, but between that he used ember on the mankey and it get burned xD. Also, Ill make new status icons to fit this box ;p.

                          @hPOKE: Im thinking on making some new moves for my game as you suggested ;p. Actually I already have some ideas for them...
                          __________________
                            #163    
                          Old January 20th, 2009 (2:01 PM).
                          Zorin's Avatar
                          Zorin Zorin is offline
                          Pixies Dance
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2007
                            Location: The Netherlands
                            Age: 24
                            Gender:
                            Posts: 116
                            That looks amazing JV! I can't wait to see it ingame. I should really start doing some backsprites though.
                            __________________

                              #164    
                            Old January 20th, 2009 (2:19 PM).
                            Wichu's Avatar
                            Wichu Wichu is offline
                            Project Amethyst
                               
                              Join Date: Sep 2007
                              Location: North Herts, England
                              Age: 24
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Naive
                              Posts: 2,051
                              This might help :P
                              Spoiler:
                              Code:
                              # Animation Recording Script - made by Wichu
                              
                              module Graphics
                                unless defined?(record_update_graphics)
                                  class << Graphics
                                    alias record_update_graphics update
                                  end
                                end
                                def self.update
                                  record_update_graphics
                                  if $recordinganimation
                                    self.frame_rate=10
                                    pbAnimationCapture
                                  else
                                    self.frame_rate=40
                                  end
                                end
                              end
                              
                              module Input
                                unless defined?(record_update_input)
                                  class << Input
                                    alias record_update_input update
                                  end
                                end
                                def self.update
                                  record_update_input
                                  if trigger?(Input::F6)
                                    if $recordinganimation==true
                                      $recordinganimation=false
                                      $animationcapture=0
                                    else
                                      300.times {|i|
                                      filename=sprintf("./Animation/Frame%03d.bmp",i)
                                      if FileTest.exist?(filename)
                                       File.delete(filename)
                                      end
                                      i+=1
                                     }
                                      $recordinganimation=true
                                    end
                                  end
                                end
                              end
                              
                              def pbAnimationCapture
                               if !$animationcapture || $animationcapture>0
                               $animationcapture=0 
                               end
                               if $animationcapture==0
                               capturefile=nil
                               300.times {|i|
                                filename=sprintf("./Animation/Frame%03d.bmp",i)
                                if !FileTest.exist?(filename)
                                 capturefile=filename
                                 break
                                end
                                i+=1
                               }
                               if capturefile
                                takescreen=Win32API.new("rubyscreen.dll","TakeScreenshot","%w(p)","i")
                                takescreen.call(capturefile)
                               end
                               end
                              $animationcapture+=1
                              end

                              It's a script I made (or rather, edited) to take a screenshot every frame. To use it, first copy the script to a new script section above Main, then make a folder in your project folder called Animation.
                              To record, simply press F6 during gameplay. To stop, press F6 again. The script automatically deletes the contents of the Animation folder every time you start recording a new animation, so it's advised that you create a gif file using the images before recording another one.
                              It will also make the game go really slowly while you use it; this is to give the game time to save each file before taking another screen. You can disable this by commenting the line "self.frame_rate=10"; however, this may reduce the quality of the animation.
                              EDIT: By the way, you should make each frame last 0.03 seconds (3 centiseconds) to get the approximate speed of RMXP, if you use this script (0.03 seconds * 40 FPS = 1.2 times slower, which is as close as you're going to get to the exact speed of RMXP).
                              __________________
                                #165    
                              Old January 20th, 2009 (2:33 PM).
                              Blazers's Avatar
                              Blazers Blazers is offline
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2008
                              Location: Home
                              Age: 23
                              Posts: 954
                              haha wow that looks GREAT!
                                #166    
                              Old January 20th, 2009 (3:15 PM).
                              ~JV~'s Avatar
                              ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                              Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                                 
                                Join Date: Aug 2007
                                Location: Rio de Janeiro
                                Age: 23
                                Nature: Relaxed
                                Posts: 715
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
                                This might help :P
                                Spoiler:
                                Code:
                                # Animation Recording Script - made by Wichu
                                
                                module Graphics
                                  unless defined?(record_update_graphics)
                                    class << Graphics
                                      alias record_update_graphics update
                                    end
                                  end
                                  def self.update
                                    record_update_graphics
                                    if $recordinganimation
                                      self.frame_rate=10
                                      pbAnimationCapture
                                    else
                                      self.frame_rate=40
                                    end
                                  end
                                end
                                
                                module Input
                                  unless defined?(record_update_input)
                                    class << Input
                                      alias record_update_input update
                                    end
                                  end
                                  def self.update
                                    record_update_input
                                    if trigger?(Input::F6)
                                      if $recordinganimation==true
                                        $recordinganimation=false
                                        $animationcapture=0
                                      else
                                        300.times {|i|
                                        filename=sprintf("./Animation/Frame%03d.bmp",i)
                                        if FileTest.exist?(filename)
                                         File.delete(filename)
                                        end
                                        i+=1
                                       }
                                        $recordinganimation=true
                                      end
                                    end
                                  end
                                end
                                
                                def pbAnimationCapture
                                 if !$animationcapture || $animationcapture>0
                                 $animationcapture=0 
                                 end
                                 if $animationcapture==0
                                 capturefile=nil
                                 300.times {|i|
                                  filename=sprintf("./Animation/Frame%03d.bmp",i)
                                  if !FileTest.exist?(filename)
                                   capturefile=filename
                                   break
                                  end
                                  i+=1
                                 }
                                 if capturefile
                                  takescreen=Win32API.new("rubyscreen.dll","TakeScreenshot","%w(p)","i")
                                  takescreen.call(capturefile)
                                 end
                                 end
                                $animationcapture+=1
                                end

                                It's a script I made (or rather, edited) to take a screenshot every frame. To use it, first copy the script to a new script section above Main, then make a folder in your project folder called Animation.
                                To record, simply press F6 during gameplay. To stop, press F6 again. The script automatically deletes the contents of the Animation folder every time you start recording a new animation, so it's advised that you create a gif file using the images before recording another one.
                                It will also make the game go really slowly while you use it; this is to give the game time to save each file before taking another screen. You can disable this by commenting the line "self.frame_rate=10"; however, this may reduce the quality of the animation.
                                EDIT: By the way, you should make each frame last 0.03 seconds (3 centiseconds) to get the approximate speed of RMXP, if you use this script (0.03 seconds * 40 FPS = 1.2 times slower, which is as close as you're going to get to the exact speed of RMXP).

                                Haha, cool script :p. It works perfectly, thanks!

                                Low Kick animation(using Wichu's script):
                                Spoiler:


                                __________________
                                  #167    
                                Old January 20th, 2009 (3:18 PM).
                                Blazers's Avatar
                                Blazers Blazers is offline
                                • Silver Tier
                                 
                                Join Date: Jan 2008
                                Location: Home
                                Age: 23
                                Posts: 954
                                HA AWESOME!!
                                Great job dude.
                                  #168    
                                Old January 20th, 2009 (5:47 PM).
                                h POKE's Avatar
                                h POKE h POKE is offline
                                angry kid and a keyboard
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                                  Location: CT
                                  Posts: 318
                                  I know I'm a bit late, but I agree with Pokemaker that the BRN thing is in the wrong place. You have a lot of space in that box, so why don't you put the icon between the name and the Lv10 thing? I think that might require extending the box some, though. Still, the animations have the correct feel to them, probably because of the fading effect you used on the attacks. It's all very D/P-ish.
                                  __________________
                                  Will NOT be here next week.
                                    #169    
                                  Old January 20th, 2009 (11:42 PM).
                                  ultron90 ultron90 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2008
                                    Gender:
                                    Posts: 78
                                    wow. those animations look awesome. if i may ask, how did you make the animations on both sides? like how did you make the web go towards the opponent/player? can't seem to do that. sorry if this interrupts anything
                                    __________________





                                    Pokémon Flint Forums!
                                      #170    
                                    Old January 21st, 2009 (3:35 AM).
                                    ~JV~'s Avatar
                                    ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                                    Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                                       
                                      Join Date: Aug 2007
                                      Location: Rio de Janeiro
                                      Age: 23
                                      Nature: Relaxed
                                      Posts: 715
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
                                      I know I'm a bit late, but I agree with Pokemaker that the BRN thing is in the wrong place. You have a lot of space in that box, so why don't you put the icon between the name and the Lv10 thing? I think that might require extending the box some, though. Still, the animations have the correct feel to them, probably because of the fading effect you used on the attacks. It's all very D/P-ish.
                                      Problem already solved ;p. Actually I did exactly what you said, put the icon after the Pokémon name.



                                      (I may make better icons later)

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by ultron90 View Post
                                      wow. those animations look awesome. if i may ask, how did you make the animations on both sides? like how did you make the web go towards the opponent/player? can't seem to do that. sorry if this interrupts anything :)
                                      Pokemon essentials show the enemy->player animation as the opposite of the player one ;p.
                                      __________________
                                        #171    
                                      Old January 25th, 2009 (4:00 PM).
                                      ~JV~'s Avatar
                                      ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                                      Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                                        Location: Rio de Janeiro
                                        Age: 23
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 715
                                        I know that it looks like im double-posting but i'm not since it has been more than three days since my last post. I wanted to make a update to show you that Pokémon Uranium is getting prettier ;p.

                                        ~Night light effects:

                                        Spoiler:


                                        There is no reason to all the twons and even cities to be in total darkness during night. Cool light effects were added to the game, and they only appear during night or when it's needed...




                                        ~New Pokémon:

                                        Is it rattata? sentret? zigzagoon? bidoof? No! It's Chyinunk!
                                        Spoiler:

                                        Yes, that little guy will take rattata role on PU, it will be the cute annoying rodent. It will also the first wild pokémon the hero(ine) will meet on the game!




                                        ~New move and it's animation:

                                        Spoiler:
                                        Coral Break is the first custom move I designed and I'm pretty satisfied how creative I were with it. Here is it description:
                                        "-The user create water sound waves that hit the foe with full power. The foe has 15% chance of getting paralysied. (WATER)
                                        ACC:95
                                        POW:80"

                                        Also here is a gif of it's animation:

                                        (Chyinunk isn't supposed to learn that move!)


                                        Thats all for today, but I will be showing you a lot of cool things these next days! Any constructive comment would be appreciated.
                                        __________________
                                          #172    
                                        Old January 25th, 2009 (4:12 PM).
                                        CollosalPokemon's Avatar
                                        CollosalPokemon CollosalPokemon is offline
                                        What's next?
                                        • Crystal Tier
                                         
                                        Join Date: Aug 2007
                                        Location: The Ruins Of Alph
                                        Age: 22
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Adamant
                                        Posts: 249
                                        JV,

                                        Might I say that your graphics, pokemon, and story is great?




                                        Because they are fine as is for now
                                        __________________
                                        Pokemon: Origin Version


                                        3DS FC: 5241 1923 6787

                                        - Public Resources -

                                        Better Encryption for RMXP/RMVX
                                          #173    
                                        Old January 25th, 2009 (4:12 PM).
                                        shinylugia249's Avatar
                                        shinylugia249 shinylugia249 is offline
                                        I'm back
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2007
                                          Posts: 457
                                          Great new move ~JV~! Can't wait to see all the other features you have. This game has gone a long way and I wish you luck!
                                          __________________
                                          Pokemon Ryen
                                          We're back!

                                          You've waited and now we're back!

                                          Stay tuned!


                                          Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.
                                            #174    
                                          Old January 25th, 2009 (5:25 PM).
                                          ▲'s Avatar
                                          ▲ is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2008
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 325
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
                                            ~Night light effects:
                                            There is no reason to all the twons and even cities to be in total darkness during night. Cool light effects were added to the game, and they only appear during night or when it's needed...

                                            I don't know...am I the only one not liking this idea? Towns are -not- in total darkness...go open up Sunyshore at night, and there are plenty of houses with the light in the windows that illuminates the area not any extra but plenty for what we care. Here, well, first, why are there two light posts so close together? Lose one. I'm not gonna lie--it's a different idea, but...the light circles are a little bleh. Look at what they do to the player's hair. Why not just alter the tiles in the vicinity of the light posts and change the player's hair when within that area?
                                            __________________
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Waudby
                                            It's a shame that what once was a friendly community has turned into a place where the news people want to read about, is bad news.
                                            Previously: Agent Zero
                                              #175    
                                            Old January 29th, 2009 (9:11 AM).
                                            ~JV~'s Avatar
                                            ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                                            Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                                               
                                              Join Date: Aug 2007
                                              Location: Rio de Janeiro
                                              Age: 23
                                              Nature: Relaxed
                                              Posts: 715
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
                                              I don't know...am I the only one not liking this idea? Towns are -not- in total darkness...go open up Sunyshore at night, and there are plenty of houses with the light in the windows that illuminates the area not any extra but plenty for what we care. Here, well, first, why are there two light posts so close together? Lose one. I'm not gonna lie--it's a different idea, but...the light circles are a little bleh. Look at what they do to the player's hair. Why not just alter the tiles in the vicinity of the light posts and change the player's hair when within that area?
                                              I understand your opinion, but till I find any better effect, I won't change that. Also, about your opinion about changing the player hair when next to a post wouldn't work because pokemon essentials doesnt support hero charset changes and it would be too much work for suck detail, I mean, creating one charset for each light angle etc.

                                              Anyways, here is an small update, it's about the starters pokémon:

                                              Spoiler:

                                              All the starters are being revamped totally, including movepool, sprite, description etc. Thats too fit the current fakemon quality, thats is far superior than it was some time ago, when the starters were added. Here are the new Orchynx and Metalynx sprites:





                                              More about them and the other pokémon will be revealed later.

                                              ~Cya =p.
                                              __________________
                                              Closed Thread
                                              Quick Reply

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:16 PM.