• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Midnight Dreams (Rated PG-13 for *minor* cursing)

shining_light

Dolphins. ^^. School. ;-;
    Years
    Hiya Everybody! ^_^ Er..Welcome to my first fan-fic, Midnight Dreams! Now, before you all ask me what that has to do with the fan-fic, I only named it that because I couldn't think of a title for it, and I didn't want to name it Untitled, now, that would be a disaster. XD.

Author's note: I'm not going to write a prelude, i suck at those >_>;;. although if enough people come to my thread, i might! ^_^ I tried to use proper grammer, as a warm up for school.
    --------------
    Chapter 1​
    Man, I hate Mondays. There's nothing to do in Littleroot Town, not while Marty, my equal, is in school, and Leslie, my adult sister, is at EverGrande City, taking the Elite 4 challenge...I sighed wistfully and walked over to the window. A boy no older then 15 was out there, training with the pokemon professors, Willow and Birch. How is it that they took Marty, and not me? I could kick his butt anyday!! Oh, well, life goes on, I guess...

How I wish that we didn't hafta move all the time. It's so stupid, we get to one town, then leave for the next. First it was Kanto, then Johto, then Hoenn. What's next? Oore? At least I had my trusty pokemon with me, Lanturn, Ampharos, and Dragonair. Oh, Dragonair, my loving companion...okay, not really, but we did have a bond together. I went over to the lab. The Pokemon Lab always astonishs me with its size, I mean, it takes up 1/2 the town! I went inside the cool buidling and spotted Professer Willow, vigorously studying a pokeball. I strided up to her, and asked, "Whatcha doin, Prof. Willow?"

"Oh, Hello, Rui, I didn't see you there." No duh. "Hey, would you like a house-gift?"

I was completely lost. "A what?"

Willow seemed resigned to explaining. "A house-gift is a complimentary pokemon I give to each trainer that moves here. If you want one, go pick one off that table over there." I jogged over to the rickety table. There were three shiny new things the size of golfballs lying on the table. I picked the middle one, pressed the middle button, and Poof! out came a Red...chicken?!

"Ah! I see you've picked out Torchic, the fire chicken! Godd choice, good choice!" At least I wasn't the only one who thought it was a chicken...After saying my 'thank you's' to Willow, I stepped outside and onto the dirt path. There was someone coming, and they were sure making a lot of dust. I was going to get them for that, I hate it when people don't have respet for roads. I ran down the road, and to my astonishment, it was Leslie! I blinked my eyes to make sure there wasn't any dust in them. Yup, it was Leslie, srue enough. "Leslie! Did you beat the Elite Four?" I was interested in this, since I was planning to take the challenge as well. Of course, that meant I would have to collect the remaining Gym Badges (8....I just moved here, can you blame me?), which could prove very difficult, but never mind that. ?LESLIE! Earth to Leslie! Hear me, sis?? Leslie seemed zoned out about something.

?Oh! Rui! Hi! I didn?t notice you there!? How couldn?t you? I was practically screaming in you ear! I kept these things to myself, however, as I asked her my next question:

?Well?How did you do in the League?? Leslie seemed shifty about something??Well??

?Oh?that?Well?see?I kinda hafta go back there??

?WHY?! You just got back, and you?re going AGAIN?!?

?Well, I?m only going because I hafta, I?m the League Champion.? Oh. I feel really small right now?

?Well, That?s good, maybe we can meet again, in EverGrande?? I murmered.

?Yeah, maybe?Listen, I gotta get home, I?m going to pack my stuff; I depart for Evergrande City tomorrow.?

?Yeah?Sure?Whatever...? I felt like a balloon that had just ran into a forest of pine trees. I walked over to the cliff that overlooked our house. The sun was just setting over the gorge. It looked beautiful. Then something hit me. I just couldn?t stay here in LittleRoot, not while Leslie was going to EverGrande City, and Martin was leaving in 2 days, so that left nothing to do here in New Bark. I knew what I had to do, I didn?t care what anyone though about it.

Man, I REALLY hate Mondays...

-------
    8/23/04-I edited the first part of Chap 1, and added 2. the days i will be posting new chapters will be Saturday/Sunday, whenever i don't have homework ;_;. C & C please!

~Lil' Schu

Last edited:

shining_light

Dolphins. ^^. School. ;-;
    Years
    Dont worry, everyone, this one's a lot more organized XD.

Chapter 2
    I jotted a note down to my parents, and left New Bark at about 5 AM the next morning. To my surprise, guess who I meet: Martin?

?Hey! Ruriri!? I hate it when people call me that, my real name?it sounds so STUPID!! I was going to KILL him!!

?What?!? I said defensively, and a bit angry, too.

?What did I do to make you mad, Rui? I was just wondering if we could do our journeys together.? I started to butt in, but Marty stopped me.

?Before you start clobbering me, I know you?re going on a quest to beat your sister in the Elite Four, so I just wanted to know if I could tag along. He seemed sincere about it. I didn?t think he was going to try and do something stupid, so I replied to his question:
    ?Yeah, sure, I guess. How did you know I was going on a trip today, anyways??

?Professor Willow." Willow reminded me of Oak...which reminded me off Gary. I loved him with all my heart, Then we had to move as things were getting personal between us...Gary was my soul, my everything. I wanted to go back to him, even for a second. Back to the red hair that stood straight up, the shirt that had the very aroma of him, back to the rivalry of him and...what was his name? Ash. I loathed him for hating Gary. I would...Marty jolted me out of my deep thought with a knock to the head.

?Hey, Rui, would you mind putting yourself outa the ?sleepwalking? gear and into the ?jogging? gear? Let?s get a move on already!!?

I really hate Marty sometimes...

----
    Chapter 3 will come on the weekend, if anybody cares.

Last edited:
    Back