• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Guys. This thread is for talking about a hack, not about banned members. Can we please have no more of that. This is why we have PMs and VMs.

On the topic of the hack, though...

Progress report: Sorry, progress has slowed some. I ran into a serious error that was present in Wesley's version, and while I've solved it, it's required me to start my save file over from the beginning, so I'm playing through again and fixing other small issues and generally cleaning it up while I'm doing so. I'm still not sure what's causing the NPCs outside in Esmerald during the steam event to sometimes be in the wrong places after the rain dance, and there is still the issue with the contest that Smallbirdie discovered (and still no healing script in Yellow Town, but that's not a glitch so much as an omission that I'll probably deal with eventually), but there shouldn't be any other issues and forward progress will resume shortly. Beta testers, I may have already fixed a lot of the issues you'll find, so I'll send you a new version once I catch up with myself. Also, it's looking like I'll be going away for a few days next week and again near the end of the month, so I might not be able to get to work on this as much as I'd like. I'll keep you updated, and keep trying to get this thing released ASAP.

Current progress: Translated until Enermy Town, bugfixing/replaythrough currently at Esmerald City.

EDIT: Oh, and for anyone stalking my VMs, regarding 'trainers that don't fight you' that did in previous betas (which I haven't played), it's not a glitch, there's just no scripting for it. My guess is that Wesley removed them intentionally. I won't be inserting new scripts for them.

EDIT: That seems to be the case for only some of them. One's been fixed.

Last edited:
Years
Guys. This thread is for talking about a hack, not about banned members. Can we please have no more of that. This is why we have PMs and VMs.

On the topic of the hack, though...

Progress report: Sorry, progress has slowed some. I ran into a serious error that was present in Wesley's version, and while I've solved it, it's required me to start my save file over from the beginning, so I'm playing through again and fixing other small issues and generally cleaning it up while I'm doing so. I'm still not sure what's causing the NPCs outside in Esmerald during the steam event to sometimes be in the wrong places after the rain dance, and there is still the issue with the contest that Smallbirdie discovered (and still no healing script in Yellow Town, but that's not a glitch so much as an omission that I'll probably deal with eventually), but there shouldn't be any other issues and forward progress will resume shortly. Beta testers, I may have already fixed a lot of the issues you'll find, so I'll send you a new version once I catch up with myself. Also, it's looking like I'll be going away for a few days next week and again near the end of the month, so I might not be able to get to work on this as much as I'd like. I'll keep you updated, and keep trying to get this thing released ASAP.

Current progress: Translated until Enermy Town, bugfixing/replaythrough currently at Esmerald City.

EDIT: Oh, and for anyone stalking my VMs, regarding 'trainers that don't fight you' that did in previous betas (which I haven't played), it's not a glitch, there's just no scripting for it. My guess is that Wesley removed them intentionally. I won't be inserting new scripts for them.

EDIT: That seems to be the case for only some of them. One's been fixed.

u see SP was right when he said that ur translation of the hack will take at least one month. What did you think that its an easy job, you did not come even half way and already talking about slowing down and going on a journey.You cant translate hack before SP. SP realizes that this job needs a lot of time to be done.you are fooling people by telling stories about translating progress like it will be done in 2 weeks.

Years
xXxLugia, he didn't claim it would take a month. Sarcastic Prince did. Sarcastic Prince started all of this pointless arguing and "competition". Oh, and Sarcastic Prince got banned. So drop the subject. Snakebyte is translating it. You should be happy. If you're so desperate, you'd be glad to see any progress. It isn't Snakebyte's fault that he's slowing down. It's Wesley's. I've seen some of the mistakes that he's made, and Snakebyte has to fix them, otherwise people like you would come and complain about how it has a bug. Yes, he's going somewhere later on. He has got a life outside of translating a hack of a Pokémon game. If it was his job, and he was being paid, maybe I'd understand. But he's not. This is all voluntary. So why don't you think about that. Rather a delayed, bug-free, strict translation or a half-assed translation with random unwanted features? If you're anything like me, you'd want the first. And if not, why don't you go and pester Sarcastic Prince. Clearly he's your king. Have a nice day now. :]

(That's not just aimed at xXxLugia. It's to all of you. Just enjoy the hack and be patient. Seriously.)

Anyway, you know that if you ever need my help, Snakebyte, just catch me on MSN or drop me a VM. Keep up the good work (both you and Wesley.).

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
u see SP was right when he said that ur translation of the hack will take at least one month. What did you think that its an easy job, you did not come even half way and already talking about slowing down and going on a journey.You cant translate hack before SP. SP realizes that this job needs a lot of time to be done.you are fooling people by telling stories about translating progress like it will be done in 2 weeks.
Right, this isn't easy and you cannot even begin translating without few things that ONLY creators have. I don't know how this things are called in engish, beacause I'm from Poland.

Can someone do a favor for me? I can't find uxie, and I've searched everywhere. If someone want to check my savegame, e-mail me : [email protected]

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Okay! Instead of rambling on for paragraphs about what I tried and what was wrong, I'll be succinct.

The bug was Zero's OW not being there for his event in Mt. Shuem. I fixed it. For real this time, instead of just thinking I did and pointlessly replaying the game, like last time. Much thanks to Spherical Ice and DrFuji, both of which were enormous help in barking up entire incorrect forests.

Progress now RESUMES!

master2738

Deviant Master
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2011
ugghh this really sucks. why did sp hav to get banned??? he was so close to being done and we were so close to finally having an english version. now we hav to wait another two to three months for snakebyte to finish his.

Alex31

Pro D<
Years
ugghh this really sucks. why did sp hav to get banned??? he was so close to being done and we were so close to finally having an english version. now we hav to wait another two to three months for snakebyte to finish his.

Read above, please. We don't talk about how members did things wrong and got banned because of it on this thread; and since SP created an alt, there's a good chance he'll be gone for ages. 'Sides, judging by Snakebyte's current progress, i'd say it'll take him around a month to get to a first release.

And, off topic, but SP was nowhere near done. He hadn't tackled some of the more serious errors, and had corrupted the rom he was working on. To quote Snakebyte (I don't know if he minds me doing this, if he wants me to remove it, then its fine)
Snakebyte said:
As I've progressed further, I've been able to contextualize statements one or the other has made about bugs being present, and I can tell you with certainty that almost everything they've had issues with is entirely their fault, and probably not fixable. They've corrupted the rom. It's a problem I ran into early on, and it did crazy things like crashing each time I excited a certain building, or deleting the attack tables for the last ~30 Pokemon, or taking literally minutes to load some trainer battles. I've since identified what I was doing wrong and started fresh without repeating the errors. From the glitches they've reported, they haven't.

Years
xXxLugia, he didn't claim it would take a month. Sarcastic Prince did. Sarcastic Prince started all of this pointless arguing and "competition". Oh, and Sarcastic Prince got banned. So drop the subject. Snakebyte is translating it. You should be happy. If you're so desperate, you'd be glad to see any progress. It isn't Snakebyte's fault that he's slowing down. It's Wesley's. I've seen some of the mistakes that he's made, and Snakebyte has to fix them, otherwise people like you would come and complain about how it has a bug. Yes, he's going somewhere later on. He has got a life outside of translating a hack of a Pokémon game. If it was his job, and he was being paid, maybe I'd understand. But he's not. This is all voluntary. So why don't you think about that. Rather a delayed, bug-free, strict translation or a half-assed translation with random unwanted features? If you're anything like me, you'd want the first. And if not, why don't you go and pester Sarcastic Prince. Clearly he's your king. Have a nice day now. :]

(That's not just aimed at xXxLugia. It's to all of you. Just enjoy the hack and be patient. Seriously.)

Anyway, you know that if you ever need my help, Snakebyte, just catch me on MSN or drop me a VM. Keep up the good work (both you and Wesley.).

ok...i never wrote that snakebyte claimed it would take a month i clearly wrote SP and i when SP releases his eng translation patch u will change ur opinion.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
There's something I still don't get about SP's being banned... Just a while ago, I saw one of Wesley's post saying he gave SP permission to make changes, so he's ok with SP, then how exactly did SP get banned ?

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Is it possible to unlock entrance to this door ? (if it's possible, tell me what should I do)
(It's port in Seanport city)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 20, 2015
Ummm I got stuck in the 7th gym the ice one, in the first puzzle I was trapped there was no way out...

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
The game freezes when I try to open it, my PC says my colors pallets are changed because a program (which is VBA) is not compatible.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I'll stand behind Alex31's statement, with one exception: Change all the 'they's to 'he's. I'm pretty sure Ash was trying to fix errors, not making more of them. :P

But why are you still talking about a banned member in a thread about a hack.

Stop that.

It took a few days to deal with a serious bug. This isn't the end of the world. And, surprise! I have a life outside this forum that I barely posted on before agreeing to translate this that requires me to go away now and then. I'm sorry if I'm no longer your dream date. ;.;

EDIT: A stable beta has now been sent to my testers. I'm taking a break for the night, and will aim to have the fifth gym done tomorrow night. :D

Last edited:

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Everything about this is good. I remeber playing awhile back. Tho, the I did find the Gym leaders to be nearly impossible to defeat sometimes.

Anyways, I didn't realized that the final version was available...
Unfortunately...I don't know how to speak brazilian, so I'll also just wait...'til an english patch is available.

Back