Fan Games Hub General discussions about all things fan games. Topics relating to both ROM hacks and custom games are welcome here. Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old November 5th, 2008 (6:24 AM). Edited November 7th, 2008 by X-aveon.
X-aveon's Avatar
X-aveon X-aveon is offline
IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Gender:
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 232
    Send a message via Yahoo to X-aveon
    !ANNOUNCEMENT!

    The winners of TOTM of November and December will be the 2 nominees for...
    Tool of the Year
    Back to the thread....
    .............................................................

    Hello, I'm X-aveon,
    and I'm a pokemon hacker.
    I've decided to make a new contest,
    meant for tools?
    .......
    You see all of those pokémon hackers out there,
    but the people who help make that aren't usually honored.
    So I've decided to make.......

    Tool of The MONTH
    TOTM is for the tools and their makers.
    The tool-makers should be credited.
    And this is how.

    RULES
    Code:
    1. A tool can only be nominated once. 2. Just like Zel's HOTW, you can only vote if you have 30 posts. 3. You have to have a beta/program able to download. 4. Tell us what you like about it, or your vote will not be counted. 5. Must be in the toolbox and the thread must not be closed. 6. The list of tools won't change during the month. *Acception*-The tools will only be changed if it has ended or closed thread. 7. If I am not present on the day of the count-up, i will try to get there as soon as possible. In this case, It may end at a day after, or before. any tools are presented in a toolbox, you'll just have to vote for the toolbox. 8. Tool must be made by the thread maker. 9. Your tools will be taken off the list after 2 months. 10.
    I announce the results every month.
    Second Chance


    You can ask for another chance for two more months



    TOTM Winners
    Nobody





    PROGRESS

    (Nothing)









    __________________


    I want that apple......

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old November 5th, 2008 (2:49 PM).
    Shadows's Avatar
    Shadows Shadows is offline
       
      Join Date: Jul 2008
      Location: Chicago, IL
      Age: 21
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 857
      I think it should be 1 vote per tool, not per tool thread.
      Anyways, I vote for
      Hackmew's Toolbox
      Becuase of all the useful tools in there.(Including my favorate, XSE)
      __________________
        #3    
      Old November 5th, 2008 (3:01 PM).
      Gyaridos1992 Gyaridos1992 is offline
      Banned
         
        Join Date: Oct 2008
        Gender:
        Posts: 15
        Well, since poketscript isnt up there, I have to vote for A-Map.
          #4    
        Old November 5th, 2008 (3:04 PM).
        Satoshi Sugimori's Avatar
        Satoshi Sugimori Satoshi Sugimori is offline
        Hermit
           
          Join Date: Dec 2006
          Location: Tokyo, Japan
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 862
          Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Satoshi Sugimori
          I vote for Advanced map.
          Why? Becasue that is the program I mostly use, and there in that I create the most amazing hacks. It is a program that makes the hack 1 of the basic tools you must have.
          __________________
            #5    
          Old November 5th, 2008 (3:37 PM). Edited November 5th, 2008 by X-aveon.
          X-aveon's Avatar
          X-aveon X-aveon is offline
          IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Gender:
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 232
            Send a message via Yahoo to X-aveon
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by T View Post
            I think it should be 1 vote per tool, not per tool thread.
            Anyways, I vote for Hackmew's Toolbox
            Becuase of all the useful tools in there.(Including my favorate, XSE)
            I like your opinion, but i'm not changing it. It would be a little too big of a page/post for each individual tool, and a lot of writing and all of you would have to check those out.
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Gyaridos1992 View Post
            Well, since poketscript isnt up there, I have to vote for A-Map.
            Your post will not be counted. You must have 30 posts.
            And there is no reason.

            By the way.
            ANNOUNCEMENT

            I will combine Tool Of The Month NOVEMBER + DECEMBER
            And then for 5 days, you will cast your vote for one week
            for Tool of the YEAR!
            __________________


            I want that apple......
              #6    
            Old November 5th, 2008 (5:19 PM).
            gamefreakfatty's Avatar
            gamefreakfatty gamefreakfatty is offline
            yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
               
              Join Date: Oct 2007
              Location: In the computer box
              Gender:
              Nature: Naughty
              Posts: 92
              Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to gamefreakfatty
              Hmm... Well, at least my D/P trainer editor is on the list.

              Anyways, I vote for D-Trogh's WPEDS because it would have taken a lot of work to figure out how the data is stored in the NARC files. I could choose another of his tools, but the his wild Pokemon editor was probably a lot harder to figure out how to make than the others. He (I think) is the first person to use NARC files for hacking the Diamond/Pearl versions of Pokemon. I think he went a good length to make his programs compatible with all languages by using NARC files instead. Although new hackers may not like the idea of extracting NARC files from the ROM to hack it, it will help in the long run, for the sake of compatibility and organization. Personally, I never would have thought of using NARC files for compatibility with multiple regions. Props to D-Trogh!

              -gamefreakfatty
              __________________

                #7    
              Old November 5th, 2008 (5:21 PM).
              poddish's Avatar
              poddish poddish is offline
              Spirit Of Radio
                 
                Join Date: May 2008
                Location: Earth
                Posts: 234
                Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
                I vote a-map

                why?
                It lets you easily edit most maps, but a few are kind of harder because they use tiles that change based on flags, and as of now, there is no easy way to edit them easily unless lu-ho makes it so you can see what the other "part" is.
                Also it is easier to edit maps in it than e-map because in e-map, the maps aren't based on the name of the in game location, and in a-map you can see what the sprite looks like in game.
                __________________
                I believe children are the future.
                As such, we can do whatever we want, and in the future, when it's time to clean up our mess, they will have to do it for us.
                  #8    
                Old November 5th, 2008 (5:23 PM).
                X-aveon's Avatar
                X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                   
                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                  Gender:
                  Nature: Naive
                  Posts: 232
                  Send a message via Yahoo to X-aveon
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Zanalicious View Post
                  Hmm... Well, at least my D/P trainer editor is on the list.

                  Anyways, I vote for D-Trogh's WPEDS because it would have taken a lot of work to figure out how the data is stored in the NARC files. I could choose another of his tools, but the his wild Pokemon editor was probably a lot harder to figure out how to make than the others. He (I think) is the first person to use NARC files for hacking the Diamond/Pearl versions of Pokemon. I think he went a good length to make his programs compatible with all languages by using NARC files instead. Although new hackers may not like the idea of extracting NARC files from the ROM to hack it, it will help in the long run, for the sake of compatibility and organization. Personally, I never would have thought of using NARC files for compatibility with multiple regions. Props to D-Trogh!

                  -gamefreakfatty
                  That's a lot of typing.....
                  anyways.........

                  Ok. Right now, the results are;

                  2 for ADVANCED MAP-Lu-Ho

                  1 for Hackmew's Toolbox

                  1 for WEPDS-D-Trogh
                  __________________


                  I want that apple......
                    #9    
                  Old November 5th, 2008 (9:19 PM). Edited November 5th, 2008 by Surf.
                  Surf's Avatar
                  Surf Surf is offline
                  ...
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2008
                    Location: Rust
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 1,197
                    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
                    Is it kind of like THe Footy Shows Tool of the week?
                    Lol
                    Any way i vote for Hackmews Toolbox because of the great tools in it (XSE)

                    EDIT: Right before the game XD
                    __________________
                    I'm looking for some good (When I say good,
                    I mean you can hold your own by yourself)
                    N**i Zombies players, to form a team or even a
                    clan, to play with casually.
                    Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
                    and I'll get back to you.
                      #10    
                    Old November 5th, 2008 (9:31 PM).
                    thethethethe thethethethe is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2007
                      Location: Melbourne, Australia
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,104
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hackimon12 View Post
                      Is it kind of like THe Footy Shows Tool of the week?
                      Don't you mean Before the Game? Or maybe I'm missing something.
                      I'm not voting here. I mainly just wanted to respond to Hackimon12.

                      I think this thread's quite pointless. It's not like the Hack of the week or even the Map of the week were there's a fair amount of hacks appearing every week, and lots of maps appearing in the Map Rating thread every week.
                      There are no where near as many tools appearing each week compared to the previous two threads, and you won't be able to continue this for very long.
                      __________________
                      Gone.
                        #11    
                      Old November 5th, 2008 (11:39 PM).
                      ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
                      ZodiacDaGreat ZodiacDaGreat is offline
                      Working on a Mobile System
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2007
                        Location: South Pacific
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 429
                        Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by thethethethe
                        Don't you mean Before the Game? Or maybe I'm missing something.
                        I'm not voting here. I mainly just wanted to respond to Hackimon12.

                        I think this thread's quite pointless. It's not like the Hack of the week or even the Map of the week were there's a fair amount of hacks appearing every week, and lots of maps appearing in the Map Rating thread every week.
                        There are no where near as many tools appearing each week compared to the previous two threads, and you won't be able to continue this for very long.
                        True, it would have been more acceptable if it was tool of the month/year.
                        __________________
                          #12    
                        Old November 6th, 2008 (1:21 AM).
                        Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                        Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                        Sitting by the back window
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2008
                          Location: Best City OCE
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Bold
                          Posts: 5,945
                          It IS tool of the month. O.o

                          Well, it's not too useful, as after a while, we'd have to vote for one thing. >.>

                          I'll vote A-Map because a mapping tool is the only tool you REALLY need to make a hack. Mapping is really, really, ridiculously hard in hex, so...yah
                          __________________
                          Brony represent.
                            #13    
                          Old November 6th, 2008 (4:54 AM).
                          X-aveon's Avatar
                          X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                          IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                             
                            Join Date: Jan 2008
                            Gender:
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 232
                            Send a message via Yahoo to X-aveon
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Hackimon12 View Post
                            Is it kind of like THe Footy Shows Tool of the week?
                            Lol
                            Any way i vote for Hackmews Toolbox because of the great tools in it (XSE)

                            EDIT: Right before the game XD
                            It's Tool of Them Month. Don't you read the title?

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by thethethethe View Post
                            Don't you mean Before the Game? Or maybe I'm missing something.
                            I'm not voting here. I mainly just wanted to respond to Hackimon12.

                            I think this thread's quite pointless. It's not like the Hack of the week or even the Map of the week were there's a fair amount of hacks appearing every week, and lots of maps appearing in the Map Rating thread every week.
                            There are no where near as many tools appearing each week compared to the previous two threads, and you won't be able to continue this for very long.
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
                            True, it would have been more acceptable if it was tool of the month/year.
                            It's Tool of Them Month. Don't you read the title?

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Dark Lakitu View Post
                            It IS tool of the month. O.o

                            Well, it's not too useful, as after a while, we'd have to vote for one thing. >.>

                            I'll vote A-Map because a mapping tool is the only tool you REALLY need to make a hack. Mapping is really, really, ridiculously hard in hex, so...yah

                            It's Tool of Them Month. Don't you read the title?
                            __________________


                            I want that apple......
                              #14    
                            Old November 6th, 2008 (6:41 AM).
                            Hiche.. Hiche.. is offline
                             
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2008
                              Posts: 979
                              I vote for Hackmew's Toolbox for it has the best, and most creative tools. I prefer XSE the best.
                                #15    
                              Old November 6th, 2008 (9:49 PM).
                              Ninja Caterpie's Avatar
                              Ninja Caterpie Ninja Caterpie is offline
                              Sitting by the back window
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2008
                                Location: Best City OCE
                                Age: 21
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Bold
                                Posts: 5,945
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by X-aveon View Post
                                It's Tool of Them Month. Don't you read the title?
                                O.o?? I said it's Tool of the month!
                                __________________
                                Brony represent.
                                  #16    
                                Old November 7th, 2008 (9:31 AM).
                                Heart's Soul's Avatar
                                Heart's Soul Heart's Soul is offline
                                Hey, look, I was gone.
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2007
                                  Age: 21
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 2,534
                                  Stop fighting you guys!

                                  I vote for AMap because it helped me out... a LOT.
                                  __________________
                                  "No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
                                    #17    
                                  Old November 7th, 2008 (9:57 AM).
                                  torferno lvl-X's Avatar
                                  torferno lvl-X torferno lvl-X is offline
                                  learning asm
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2008
                                    Gender:
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 148
                                    A few words: MastermindX's Day and night system.
                                    It makes GBA hacks retain the original G/S element which made them unique.
                                    __________________
                                    The best hacks ever:
                                    Spoiler:




                                    I'm a spriter for



                                    Insert new pokemon WITHOUT removing old ones up to 25!
                                    Tom's PokePet

                                    Charizard the level 36 Charizard!

                                    For All GBC hackers!
                                      #18    
                                    Old November 7th, 2008 (1:19 PM).
                                    machomuu's Avatar
                                    machomuu machomuu is offline
                                    • Crystal Tier
                                    • Crystal Tier
                                     
                                    Join Date: Apr 2008
                                    Location: Americalanavania
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 10,235
                                    I vote A-Map, because it very useful to a hack

                                    and also, shouldn't this be TOTM instead of what it says in the first post TOTW

                                    Also, I think you shouldn't do this, in the rate that people are making tools, it's kinda... wrong.
                                    __________________
                                    Paired to and madly in love with a literal Symphony of legs.
                                    Collab de
                                    Los Video JUEGOS

                                    I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
                                      #19    
                                    Old November 7th, 2008 (2:10 PM).
                                    X-aveon's Avatar
                                    X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                                    IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jan 2008
                                      Gender:
                                      Nature: Naive
                                      Posts: 232
                                      Send a message via Yahoo to X-aveon
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Dark Lakitu View Post
                                      O.o?? I said it's Tool of the month!
                                      i'm sorry, i just copied and posted the same to the other posts. i hope you'll forgive.



                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Sheimi-Manafi View Post
                                      Stop fighting you guys!

                                      I vote for AMap because it helped me out... a LOT.
                                      i accidently posted a reply to dark lakitu's post on accident.
                                      i meant for it to be different.

                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by torferno lvl-X View Post
                                      A few words: MastermindX's Day and night system.
                                      It makes GBA hacks retain the original G/S element which made them unique.
                                      your vote won't be counted. it isn't on the list.


                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
                                      I vote A-Map, because it very useful to a hack

                                      and also, shouldn't this be TOTM instead of what it says in the first post TOTW

                                      Also, I think you shouldn't do this, in the rate that people are making tools, it's kinda... wrong.

                                      well, i think they should be credited. i think i'll extend the date for them to be taken off.
                                      __________________


                                      I want that apple......
                                        #20    
                                      Old November 7th, 2008 (3:40 PM).
                                      Heart's Soul's Avatar
                                      Heart's Soul Heart's Soul is offline
                                      Hey, look, I was gone.
                                         
                                        Join Date: Nov 2007
                                        Age: 21
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 2,534
                                        It also says Tool Of The Year?!
                                        __________________
                                        "No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
                                          #21    
                                        Old November 7th, 2008 (7:10 PM).
                                        X-aveon's Avatar
                                        X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                                        IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jan 2008
                                          Gender:
                                          Nature: Naive
                                          Posts: 232
                                          Send a message via Yahoo to X-aveon
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Sheimi-Manafi View Post
                                          It also says Tool Of The Year?!

                                          as i said, the two TOTM's for NOVEMBER + DECEMBER will be the nominees for
                                          tool of the year.
                                          so cast your votes carefully!
                                          __________________


                                          I want that apple......
                                            #22    
                                          Old November 8th, 2008 (11:55 AM).
                                          GKS's Avatar
                                          GKS GKS is offline
                                          Retired Hacker
                                             
                                            Join Date: Aug 2007
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Calm
                                            Posts: 1,319
                                            Advance Map, I use it for mapping and for putting in offsets after scripting.
                                              #23    
                                            Old November 8th, 2008 (3:32 PM).
                                            Ripper's Avatar
                                            Ripper Ripper is offline
                                            The Dark Knight
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2007
                                              Location: New Zealand
                                              Gender:
                                              Nature: Mild
                                              Posts: 486
                                              Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ripper
                                              Wait, so are the tools only ones that came ou this month..? Because otherwise it's not really a tool of the month per se. I'm pretty sure that the tool list you've given weren't all made in October.
                                              __________________
                                              Credit to Dukey for this awesome signature!
                                                #24    
                                              Old November 8th, 2008 (8:50 PM).
                                              varial295's Avatar
                                              varial295 varial295 is offline
                                              A pokemon researcher
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Aug 2008
                                                Gender:
                                                Posts: 81
                                                Send a message via Yahoo to varial295
                                                hack mews helped me alot vote for that =]
                                                __________________
                                                  #25    
                                                Old November 9th, 2008 (6:56 AM).
                                                X-aveon's Avatar
                                                X-aveon X-aveon is offline
                                                IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Jan 2008
                                                  Gender:
                                                  Nature: Naive
                                                  Posts: 232
                                                  Send a message via Yahoo to X-aveon
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
                                                  Wait, so are the tools only ones that came ou this month..? Because otherwise it's not really a tool of the month per se. I'm pretty sure that the tool list you've given weren't all made in October.
                                                  i know they aren't. and its just not only for this month. this is the first TOTM, so i added the tools not shut and that have betas.
                                                  __________________


                                                  I want that apple......
                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:01 PM.