Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

TrollandToad.com
View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1301    
Old September 24th, 2009 (11:36 AM).
shinylugia249's Avatar
shinylugia249 shinylugia249 is offline
I'm back
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Posts: 457
    Wow did playing Ryen that time while ago give you the idea to have a cutscene like that? Well I don't really mind the video's alright but keep a look out for my posts in this thread. I overall don't like your mapping style (way too crowded and easy to get through, by that I mean routes) so I'll try to help you if want the help.
    __________________
    Pokemon Ryen
    We're back!

    You've waited and now we're back!

    Stay tuned!


    Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1302    
    Old September 24th, 2009 (12:05 PM).
    Atomic Reactor's Avatar
    Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
    @atomicreactor
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 1,967
    Yeah i understand that OI, but it still just looks tacky.
    An overworld cut scene would be just fine.
    __________________
      #1303    
    Old September 24th, 2009 (1:24 PM).
    Reck's Avatar
    Reck Reck is offline
    ?????
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: Ohio
    Age: 22
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 311
    Doesn't look bad. As a matter of fact it looks very good. But did you forget to put me on the credits list? You are using my tiles right?
      #1304    
    Old September 24th, 2009 (2:15 PM).
    PokemonOI's Avatar
    PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
    Back To WORK!
       
      Join Date: May 2008
      Location: INSULA
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 1,576
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by shinylugia249 View Post
      Wow did playing Ryen that time while ago give you the idea to have a cutscene like that? Well I don't really mind the video's alright but keep a look out for my posts in this thread. I overall don't like your mapping style (way too crowded and easy to get through, by that I mean routes) so I'll try to help you if want the help.
      Actually I got the idea through a chain of things. I figured if at the beginning you have the little talk about pokemon with the professor before the gameplay starts and then he gets kidnapped then a new professor is needed! and so I was basically giving Ivy here own little cutscene like the beginning of games. But seeing as to how it turned out and how much some people like it I may do more. I'll definetly be looking for your posts. Sure I could use some help with better mapping!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
      Yeah i understand that OI, but it still just looks tacky.
      An overworld cut scene would be just fine.
      Aw, well....I'm happy with the cutscene.There wont be too many in the game and an Overworld cutscene is what everyone does. I try to be different.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Reck View Post
      Doesn't look bad. As a matter of fact it looks very good. But did you forget to put me on the credits list? You are using my tiles right?
      Sorry! I coulda sworn your name was there! I'm doing it now!
        #1305    
      Old September 24th, 2009 (3:02 PM).
      Atomic Reactor's Avatar
      Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
      @atomicreactor
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2007
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 1,967
      You know who else tried to be different?
      Hitler.

      XD
      Well, if you're going to be different, try a little harder to make it look better.
      __________________
        #1306    
      Old September 25th, 2009 (4:04 AM).
      Peeky Chew's Avatar
      Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
      Master of Palettes
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Great Britain
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 852
      Having a cut scene like that is fine in my opinion, but maybe lower her a little bit because it is a little too high.
      __________________



      Demo Beta out Now!

        #1307    
      Old September 25th, 2009 (4:52 PM).
      Blazers's Avatar
      Blazers Blazers is offline
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: Home
      Age: 23
      Posts: 954
      Lol I really didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
      Looks fine to me.
        #1308    
      Old September 25th, 2009 (5:39 PM).
      Vampire://Krimm's Avatar
      Vampire://Krimm Vampire://Krimm is offline
      → clocks everywhere →
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jul 2006
      Location: Something Witty
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 710
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
      Lol I really didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
      Looks fine to me.
      Ditto~

      I think it's a good idea, since as he said you meet the first Professor through the intro cutscene, so why not meet another Professor like that~?

      Are you using different music for the cutscene opposed to using the default bg music of the forest? o: ~random thought~
        #1309    
      Old September 26th, 2009 (3:46 AM).
      Peeky Chew's Avatar
      Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
      Master of Palettes
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Sep 2009
      Location: Great Britain
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 852
      I just noticed a problem with the title, it should have the é not e in Pokémon.
      __________________



      Demo Beta out Now!

        #1310    
      Old September 26th, 2009 (5:18 AM).
      Blazers's Avatar
      Blazers Blazers is offline
      • Silver Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2008
      Location: Home
      Age: 23
      Posts: 954
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
      I just noticed a problem with the title, it should have the é not e in Pokémon.
      Doesn't really matter..
      Some people chose to use that é, others don't
        #1311    
      Old September 26th, 2009 (9:10 AM).
      PokemonOI's Avatar
      PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
      Back To WORK!
         
        Join Date: May 2008
        Location: INSULA
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 1,576
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
        Having a cut scene like that is fine in my opinion, but maybe lower her a little bit because it is a little too high.
        I'll lower her a little. thanx for the feedback.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
        Lol I really didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
        Looks fine to me.
        Thank you blazers.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Vampire://Krimm View Post
        Ditto~

        I think it's a good idea, since as he said you meet the first Professor through the intro cutscene, so why not meet another Professor like that~?

        Are you using different music for the cutscene opposed to using the default bg music of the forest? o: ~random thought~
        Yes the cutscene and the forest bg music are different. u can notice in the game. when you start talking to her a more calm music starts

        I may just have an update for you guys today!
          #1312    
        Old September 26th, 2009 (9:31 AM). Edited September 26th, 2009 by <~F.M.P~>.
        <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
        <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
        I got you whistling Blue Box!
        • Silver Tier
         
        Join Date: Jul 2006
        Location: Germany
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Mild
        Posts: 640
        Very nice job OI. The Teaser looked great and like T3h Kaiser said, the Chatot really gives more to the tiles lol. I liked the way you did the Ivy intro as well, that seemed pretty inventive to me so keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more lol
          #1313    
        Old September 27th, 2009 (2:06 PM).
        PokemonOI's Avatar
        PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
        Back To WORK!
           
          Join Date: May 2008
          Location: INSULA
          Nature: Brave
          Posts: 1,576
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by <~F.M.P~> View Post
          Very nice job OI. The Teaser looked great and like T3h Kaiser said, the Chatot really gives more to the tiles lol. I liked the way you did the Ivy intro as well, that seemed pretty inventive to me so keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more lol
          Thank you! I have yet another small teaser for you guys! lol now!

          Ok! So I know we dont, well I dont talk much about the evil team in the
          game, Team Mare! Some of you already know that they are Pirate group!
          Here in this teaser screen they've taken over and entire castle! and they've taken the
          King hostage. Their demands are too steep for you to meet so you'll have to take them down in battle! As you can see.....Mr.Fuji is a place holder for the King right now lol and Captain Jack has four grunts on on top the castle waiting for you!
          No to mention the Grunts and the first mate you'll encounter while making your way through the castle!

          *(this will NOT be in the demo!)
            #1314    
          Old September 27th, 2009 (2:36 PM).
          Blazers's Avatar
          Blazers Blazers is offline
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jan 2008
          Location: Home
          Age: 23
          Posts: 954
          Tiles looks great OI.
          Those blue pirates, not so much.
          There's not much goin on with it and no shading.
          I'm sure you could fix it up really quick though.
          Overall good work.
            #1315    
          Old September 28th, 2009 (2:31 AM).
          Peeky Chew's Avatar
          Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
          Master of Palettes
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Sep 2009
          Location: Great Britain
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 852

          I like the way you made it look 3d, very proffesional.
          The door connected to the first turret doesn't really match and even though it all looks good in a screen I can't imagine it being very interesting to actually play. Still good though.

          And could I just ask when you're getting a sig to support this for us? I don't want to just say it in words.
          __________________



          Demo Beta out Now!

            #1316    
          Old September 28th, 2009 (5:13 AM).
          <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
          <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
          I got you whistling Blue Box!
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Jul 2006
          Location: Germany
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Mild
          Posts: 640
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post

          I like the way you made it look 3d, very proffesional.
          The door connected to the first turret doesn't really match and even though it all looks good in a screen I can't imagine it being very interesting to actually play. Still good though.

          And could I just ask when you're getting a sig to support this for us? I don't want to just say it in words.
          lol just use this one dude.

          HTML Code:
          [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159560"][IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/vg6dyb.png[/IMG][/URL]
          Well OI the screen looks great. The tiles are fantastic! My only concern is like Blazers said, the blue on those Grunts is a bit to Saturated. Other than that It looks great. Keep it up
          By the way...I can take that pokeball behind that grunt after I defeat the leader or something right?
            #1317    
          Old September 28th, 2009 (6:48 AM).
          cadgod120's Avatar
          cadgod120 cadgod120 is offline
          Your Rival
             
            Join Date: Sep 2009
            Location: Tennessee
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 197
            I'm looking forward to this game. I support it! *puts banner in signature*
            __________________
            The C.A.D. GOD
            This is possibly the best instrumental I've ever seen. It's not a Rick Roll link. Watch it here. Afterwards, send me a VM or PM telling me your thoughts.

            Also, Check out my DeviantART account! Check out my newest deviation HERE! It's a support banner for Pokémon Malachite! :D

            Need a banner made for your game or hack, or even a personal banner? I can help! Send me a PM telling me about your game or hack and we'll work something out!


            Games and/or hacks I support:
            Spoiler:



              #1318    
            Old October 2nd, 2009 (11:36 AM).
            |Maximus|'s Avatar
            |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
            I'm back~
               
              Join Date: Aug 2007
              Age: 21
              Nature: Adamant
              Posts: 842
              Keep it up! This is looking great! I agree with what Peeky-Chew said about the door. I think you should really change it or just change the pallete.
                #1319    
              Old October 2nd, 2009 (12:42 PM).
              Spikey-Eared Pichu's Avatar
              Spikey-Eared Pichu Spikey-Eared Pichu is offline
              Pichu-pi!
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Location: My house
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Quiet
                Posts: 1,021
                This looks like an amazing game :D I love the castle tiles, custom-made? And, I agree with everyone about the door, it looks odd =/ Can't wait to see more =D
                  #1320    
                Old October 3rd, 2009 (3:29 AM).
                Peeky Chew's Avatar
                Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
                Master of Palettes
                • Crystal Tier
                 
                Join Date: Sep 2009
                Location: Great Britain
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 852
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by VarietyVidsnet View Post
                Keep it up! This is looking great! I agree with what Peeky-Chew said about the door. I think you should really change it or just change the pallete.
                It's not the door, it is how it is implemented. Right now it is just a straight door jutting out the sides of the turret, but obviously you can't curve the door so how do you fix it? You move the door a little further into the turret so the curve of the turret is going over it, not the door over the curve. Fixed!

                And thanks for that sig <~F.M.P~>
                __________________



                Demo Beta out Now!

                  #1321    
                Old October 3rd, 2009 (7:35 PM).
                PokemonOI's Avatar
                PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                Back To WORK!
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Location: INSULA
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 1,576
                  Pokemon Malachite!
                  Quick Update!!! XD been a while i guess,
                  well compared to how we usually pop out updates.
                  this is small but good I suppose.....

                  I'll answer and respond to those last posts tomorrow, I'm
                  going to bed! Hope you guys like!
                  Feedback please!!!!
                    #1322    
                  Old October 5th, 2009 (3:11 AM).
                  Peeky Chew's Avatar
                  Peeky Chew Peeky Chew is offline
                  Master of Palettes
                  • Crystal Tier
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2009
                  Location: Great Britain
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 852
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
                  Pokemon Malachite!
                  Quick Update!!! XD been a while i guess,
                  well compared to how we usually pop out updates.
                  this is small but good I suppose.....

                  I'll answer and respond to those last posts tomorrow, I'm
                  going to bed! Hope you guys like!
                  Feedback please!!!!
                  The Pokemon selection screen is great, it's always the simple designs that look best, maybe you need to think about that more with the Pokedex which is a little over complicated and, in my opinion at least, too square.
                  The egg is fine if a little bland, as is the new Pokemon, but you can improve both I guess.
                  Having only the starters follow you is ok since it would maybe take too long to do the rest and you might not want every Pokemon to be able to follow you anyway.
                  __________________



                  Demo Beta out Now!

                    #1323    
                  Old October 5th, 2009 (6:09 PM).
                  PokemonOI's Avatar
                  PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                  Back To WORK!
                     
                    Join Date: May 2008
                    Location: INSULA
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 1,576
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
                    Tiles looks great OI.
                    Those blue pirates, not so much.
                    There's not much goin on with it and no shading.
                    I'm sure you could fix it up really quick though.
                    Overall good work.
                    I will work on the Team mare grunt. They are kinda old and were here when the game first started. So I guess a revamp is overdue.....
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post

                    I like the way you made it look 3d, very proffesional.
                    The door connected to the first turret doesn't really match and even though it all looks good in a screen I can't imagine it being very interesting to actually play. Still good though.

                    And could I just ask when you're getting a sig to support this for us? I don't want to just say it in words.
                    It may not look interesting because the screen is still lol it like one frame....
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by <~F.M.P~> View Post

                    lol just use this one dude.

                    HTML Code:
                    [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159560"][IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/vg6dyb.png[/IMG][/URL]
                    Well OI the screen looks great. The tiles are fantastic! My only concern is like Blazers said, the blue on those Grunts is a bit to Saturated. Other than that It looks great. Keep it up

                    By the way...I can take that pokeball behind that grunt after I defeat the leader or something right?
                    Thanx...I've been meaning to get new support bars guys I'm sorry. and I'll work on the grunts. and yes you'll be able to get that pokeball after all the action!
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by cadgod120 View Post
                    I'm looking forward to this game. I support it! *puts banner in signature*
                    Thanx for the support!
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by VarietyVidsnet View Post
                    Keep it up! This is looking great! I agree with what Peeky-Chew said about the door. I think you should really change it or just change the pallete.
                    Alright thanx for your feedback! It's definetley gonna be considered my friend...
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Notch-Eared Pichu View Post
                    This looks like an amazing game :D I love the castle tiles, custom-made? And, I agree with everyone about the door, it looks odd =/ Can't wait to see more =D
                    Thank you. I'll be posting more soon I guess.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
                    It's not the door, it is how it is implemented. Right now it is just a straight door jutting out the sides of the turret, but obviously you can't curve the door so how do you fix it? You move the door a little further into the turret so the curve of the turret is going over it, not the door over the curve. Fixed!

                    And thanks for that sig <~F.M.P~>
                    Ok...thank you.
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
                    The Pokemon selection screen is great, it's always the simple designs that look best, maybe you need to think about that more with the Pokedex which is a little over complicated and, in my opinion at least, too square.
                    The egg is fine if a little bland, as is the new Pokemon, but you can improve both I guess.
                    Having only the starters follow you is ok since it would maybe take too long to do the rest and you might not want every Pokemon to be able to follow you anyway.
                    I'm working on everything everyday so I hope things get better for you guys....

                    Malachite has been on the down side lately. but behind the scenes were making lots of progress. soon I'll be able to make a date for a demo....
                      #1324    
                    Old October 6th, 2009 (11:37 PM).
                    UltraXTheMagmaDrapion's Avatar
                    UltraXTheMagmaDrapion UltraXTheMagmaDrapion is offline
                    I regret most of my behavior here when I was younger lol.
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Location: Somewhere in the shadows...
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 101
                      Wait, Pokemon Malachite is back?! ALRIGHT!!! And OI, I LOVE the updates! This rocks! Keep up the good work!
                      __________________
                      [Awesome Pokemon-Related Signature]
                        #1325    
                      Old October 10th, 2009 (12:33 PM).
                      GFA's Avatar
                      GFA GFA is offline
                      Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
                      • Silver Tier
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2008
                      Location: Oberlin College
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 1,948
                      Herro OI! Update looks nice. Wouldn't expect all those Pokemon to follow you in a fan-made game, that would be insane. [People] Should be happy with the starters.
                      __________________
                      Closed Thread

                      Quick Reply

                      Join the conversation!

                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                      Create a PokéCommunity Account

                      Sponsored Links
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:41 PM.