Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1526    
Old December 5th, 2009 (12:52 PM).
Wind Gale's Avatar
Wind Gale Wind Gale is offline
Lost With the Wind
     
    Join Date: Apr 2009
    Age: 20
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Careful
    Posts: 172
    Whoops, wasn't paying attention. Thanks for clarifying it Atomic Reactor.
    __________________
    Pokémon Thieves Returning Soon!
    Keep Your Eyes out for it in the Drawing Board!

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1527    
    Old December 5th, 2009 (1:10 PM).
    Atomic Reactor's Avatar
    Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
    @atomicreactor
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Jul 2007
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Relaxed
    Posts: 1,967
    Yeah no problem. Are you having troubles with the demo or something OI?
    __________________
      #1528    
    Old December 6th, 2009 (9:34 AM).
    CUTEPICHU's Avatar
    CUTEPICHU CUTEPICHU is offline
    Pichu is HOT!!!!
       
      Join Date: Oct 2008
      Location: California
      Age: 26
      Gender:
      Nature: Naughty
      Posts: 68
      oi where is the Pokemon Malachite demo? I've been waiting one this! lol no but take your time....
        #1529    
      Old December 6th, 2009 (11:40 AM).
      Chesu's Avatar
      Chesu Chesu is offline
      Boss Carrot
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Location: Where The Carrots Be
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 596
        The more you mention the demo, the more pressure you're putting on the developer, increasing stress... Self-imposed deadline or no, you guys should lay off a bit.
        __________________
        ......................................................................

        ..................
        Updated 11/07/10.
          #1530    
        Old December 6th, 2009 (3:38 PM).
        Nyu~♥!'s Avatar
        Nyu~♥! Nyu~♥! is offline
        Pokémon Opal Producer
           
          Join Date: Jun 2009
          Location: Somewhere!
          Age: 21
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Gentle
          Posts: 485
          eep!
          The games looking great.. I don't think I'll have much time to play it if you pull it off, though.. _._ Ah well. Good luck, looking good like usual, OI!
          __________________
          Pokémon Opal has become partner's with another game! We are now hideAki!

            #1531    
          Old December 6th, 2009 (7:51 PM).
          PokemonOI's Avatar
          PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
          Back To WORK!
             
            Join Date: May 2008
            Location: INSULA
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 1,567
            Alright guys dont worry the demo will still happen! Im just constantly pushing it back because I want the demo to be really good. So I keep fixing things and changing things, But I promise it will be out really soon. as soon as riceeman gets done testing it, and I have yet to send it to him so that it can be tested. So yea nothing is wrong Im just trying to make this a good demo.

            The weirdest Part is that while doing some testing myself and playing through it from the beginning a few times, I'm really thinking of making some major changes to the game as far as story and stuff.
              #1532    
            Old December 7th, 2009 (3:54 PM).
            GFA's Avatar
            GFA GFA is offline
            Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2008
            Location: Oberlin College
            Age: 22
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Adamant
            Posts: 1,949
            Not, to be rude,but will you make the major changes before or after the demo?
            __________________
              #1533    
            Old December 7th, 2009 (4:07 PM).
            <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
            <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
            I got you whistling Blue Box!
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2006
            Location: Germany
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Mild
            Posts: 640
            Gotta say, congrats on the upcoming demo. Can't wait. Oh to compress your game data and encrypt just goto file --->Compress Game Data--->Create Encrypted Archive
            Then save it onto your desktop. Good luck dude
              #1534    
            Old December 10th, 2009 (4:48 PM).
            nui876's Avatar
            nui876 nui876 is offline
            I like hacks
               
              Join Date: Dec 2009
              Location: Castelia city
              Age: 20
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 47
              Sick Hack!!!!! Im working on a hack also
                #1535    
              Old December 10th, 2009 (4:54 PM).
              Atomic Reactor's Avatar
              Atomic Reactor Atomic Reactor is offline
              @atomicreactor
              • Crystal Tier
               
              Join Date: Jul 2007
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Relaxed
              Posts: 1,967
              Cool, this isn't a hack though.
              Read the first page please.
              __________________
                #1536    
              Old December 10th, 2009 (5:44 PM).
              Pika'chu500's Avatar
              Pika'chu500 Pika'chu500 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Dec 2008
                Posts: 107
                So has the tester finish testing the demo?
                I so wish to play it.
                __________________

                  #1537    
                Old December 12th, 2009 (5:49 PM).
                PokemonOI's Avatar
                PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                Back To WORK!
                   
                  Join Date: May 2008
                  Location: INSULA
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 1,567
                  I have a question....What would you guys think of the Pokemon Battles taking place on the actual maps?
                    #1538    
                  Old December 12th, 2009 (6:01 PM).
                  |Maximus|'s Avatar
                  |Maximus| |Maximus| is offline
                  I'm back~
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                    Age: 21
                    Nature: Adamant
                    Posts: 842
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
                    I have a question....What would you guys think of the Pokemon Battles taking place on the actual maps?
                    Like what a PMD-type battle system? If so, that would be incredible! I can't wait for the demo, by the way.
                      #1539    
                    Old December 12th, 2009 (6:21 PM).
                    Chesu's Avatar
                    Chesu Chesu is offline
                    Boss Carrot
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2009
                      Location: Where The Carrots Be
                      Nature: Relaxed
                      Posts: 596
                      I'd say you can worry about that later, everyone wants to see the demo.
                      __________________
                      ......................................................................

                      ..................
                      Updated 11/07/10.
                        #1540    
                      Old December 12th, 2009 (7:32 PM).
                      CensorFairy's Avatar
                      CensorFairy CensorFairy is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2009
                        Location: Texas
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Quirky
                        Posts: 34
                        I think this game has a lot of good ideas but I kind of have a problem with your fakemon.
                        There's a lot of great ideas but some are really low quality compared to others.
                        I'm rooting for this game but the spriting needs a lot of work. D;
                        __________________
                        Blarg I'm really out of practice.




                          #1541    
                        Old December 13th, 2009 (2:44 AM).
                        Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                        Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                        The Faltine
                           
                          Join Date: Mar 2008
                          Location: Slovenia
                          Age: 21
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 3,572
                          I wouldn't like to see OW battles.
                          __________________
                            #1542    
                          Old December 13th, 2009 (6:26 AM).
                          Pika'chu500's Avatar
                          Pika'chu500 Pika'chu500 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2008
                            Posts: 107
                            Overworld battles.... It depends... if they look decent or if you some how make them look like PBR in 2d then go ahead.
                            Can we see a screen of this? for we can better understand.
                            __________________

                              #1543    
                            Old December 13th, 2009 (6:32 AM).
                            ~JV~'s Avatar
                            ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                            Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                               
                              Join Date: Aug 2007
                              Location: Rio de Janeiro
                              Age: 23
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 715
                              I'm not too fond of the idea, mainly by seeing how it would probably be executed, semi-static overworlds jumping on top of each other... However, if you manage to find super dedicated spriters to make A LOT of animated poses etc, I'll support this =].
                              __________________
                                #1544    
                              Old December 13th, 2009 (9:03 AM).
                              PokemonOI's Avatar
                              PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                              Back To WORK!
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2008
                                Location: INSULA
                                Nature: Brave
                                Posts: 1,567
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by VarietyVidsnet View Post
                                Like what a PMD-type battle system? If so, that would be incredible! I can't wait for the demo, by the way.
                                Yes Kinda like that! Im having trouble decideing to keep using BG's or have the battle take place on the maps.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Chesu View Post
                                I'd say you can worry about that later, everyone wants to see the demo.
                                .....You'll get the demo, just be easy.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by CensorFairy View Post
                                I think this game has a lot of good ideas but I kind of have a problem with your fakemon.
                                There's a lot of great ideas but some are really low quality compared to others.
                                I'm rooting for this game but the spriting needs a lot of work. D;
                                Same thing I've been hearing for forever, thanks for the advice...
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
                                I wouldn't like to see OW battles.
                                Well Thats why I'm asking you guys.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Pika'chu500 View Post
                                Overworld battles.... It depends... if they look decent or if you some how make them look like PBR in 2d then go ahead.
                                Can we see a screen of this? for we can better understand.
                                Yes I'm going to show you two screens right now.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
                                I'm not too fond of the idea, mainly by seeing how it would probably be executed, semi-static overworlds jumping on top of each other... However, if you manage to find super dedicated spriters to make A LOT of animated poses etc, I'll support this =].
                                Here are some screens...


                                This is what I mean. As you can see, were using Pokemon HG/SS Ow's for the system. and You also can see that at the bottom of the screen it shows you your upcoming Pokemon, I only have one right now. Then in the lower left the trainer is down there during the battle. and up top we have the HP bars. These are screens of attacks.

                                Were working on having the Double battles right now, aswell having the Pokemon turn towards you when it is awaiting a command.
                                What do you guys think? Its fresh and new....
                                  #1545    
                                Old December 13th, 2009 (9:09 AM).
                                Wind Gale's Avatar
                                Wind Gale Wind Gale is offline
                                Lost With the Wind
                                   
                                  Join Date: Apr 2009
                                  Age: 20
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Careful
                                  Posts: 172
                                  I think it would look better if it was a trainer overworld instead of trainer sprite. I think it is a great idea.
                                  __________________
                                  Pokémon Thieves Returning Soon!
                                  Keep Your Eyes out for it in the Drawing Board!
                                    #1546    
                                  Old December 13th, 2009 (9:31 AM).
                                  ~JV~'s Avatar
                                  ~JV~ ~JV~ is offline
                                  Dev of Pokémon Uranium
                                     
                                    Join Date: Aug 2007
                                    Location: Rio de Janeiro
                                    Age: 23
                                    Nature: Relaxed
                                    Posts: 715
                                    Do the pokémon OW move in the battle if it's something like a physical attack? Good job so far anyways ^^.
                                    __________________
                                      #1547    
                                    Old December 13th, 2009 (9:33 AM).
                                    PokemonOI's Avatar
                                    PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                                    Back To WORK!
                                       
                                      Join Date: May 2008
                                      Location: INSULA
                                      Nature: Brave
                                      Posts: 1,567
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Wind Gale View Post
                                      I think it would look better if it was a trainer overworld instead of trainer sprite. I think it is a great idea.
                                      Well we can try and do this! and thank you.
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
                                      Do the pokémon OW move in the battle if it's something like a physical attack? Good job so far anyways .
                                      Not right now, we just started working on it like tuesday I think, we are still trying to improve the system. thank you.
                                        #1548    
                                      Old December 13th, 2009 (9:45 AM).
                                      tImE's Avatar
                                      tImE tImE is offline
                                      It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
                                         
                                        Join Date: Mar 2007
                                        Location: Somewhere in Scandinavia...
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 685
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
                                        Yes Kinda like that! Im having trouble decideing to keep using BG's or have the battle take place on the maps.

                                        .....You'll get the demo, just be easy.

                                        Same thing I've been hearing for forever, thanks for the advice...

                                        Well Thats why I'm asking you guys.

                                        Yes I'm going to show you two screens right now.

                                        Here are some screens...


                                        This is what I mean. As you can see, were using Pokemon HG/SS Ow's for the system. and You also can see that at the bottom of the screen it shows you your upcoming Pokemon, I only have one right now. Then in the lower left the trainer is down there during the battle. and up top we have the HP bars. These are screens of attacks.

                                        Were working on having the Double battles right now, aswell having the Pokemon turn towards you when it is awaiting a command.
                                        What do you guys think? Its fresh and new....
                                        I'm really sorry OI, but I really think this looks like rubbish...
                                        To me this simply looks like you've changed the Front and Back sprites into OW's
                                        and moved the battleboxes.

                                        Things that would make this a whole lot better:
                                        1. A custom BG that fits with the overworlds. (Like a battlefield)
                                        2. Animated OW's. So that they run up to the enemy when it makes a physical attack.
                                        3. Make the overall interface fit better with the new things. (Ex. Someting that shows what that Unown is. Like 5 rings. One for each Pokemon. Right now it only looks like an error)

                                        Have you ever played one of the "Mario & Luigi" games?
                                        If not, do it.
                                        And take a look at their Battle system.
                                        I think that's a pretty good example of a battle system similar to yours.

                                        And also, not to be disrespectful or anything, but I think you should release the demo with the standard battle system, and keep working on the battle system simultaneosly.
                                        At least, the demo would keep us busy enough for you to improve the battle system without all your fans hysterically screaming for a demo. xD


                                        If you improve the battle system, I'm sure it will come out really good.
                                        But at the moment, keep working on the demo, or people will go crazy, xP

                                        Anyways, Good Luck, OI!
                                        This is STILL one of the best games around here


                                        Cheerz~
                                        __________________
                                          #1549    
                                        Old December 13th, 2009 (10:06 AM).
                                        PokemonOI's Avatar
                                        PokemonOI PokemonOI is offline
                                        Back To WORK!
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2008
                                          Location: INSULA
                                          Nature: Brave
                                          Posts: 1,567
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by tImE View Post
                                          I'm really sorry OI, but I really think this looks like rubbish...
                                          To me this simply looks like you've changed the Front and Back sprites into OW's
                                          and moved the battleboxes.

                                          Things that would make this a whole lot better:
                                          1. A custom BG that fits with the overworlds. (Like a battlefield)
                                          2. Animated OW's. So that they run up to the enemy when it makes a physical attack.
                                          3. Make the overall interface fit better with the new things. (Ex. Someting that shows what that Unown is. Like 5 rings. One for each Pokemon. Right now it only looks like an error)

                                          Have you ever played one of the "Mario & Luigi" games?
                                          If not, do it.
                                          And take a look at their Battle system.
                                          I think that's a pretty good example of a battle system similar to yours.

                                          And also, not to be disrespectful or anything, but I think you should release the demo with the standard battle system, and keep working on the battle system simultaneosly.
                                          At least, the demo would keep us busy enough for you to improve the battle system without all your fans hysterically screaming for a demo. xD


                                          If you improve the battle system, I'm sure it will come out really good.
                                          But at the moment, keep working on the demo, or people will go crazy, xP

                                          Anyways, Good Luck, OI!
                                          This is STILL one of the best games around here


                                          Cheerz~
                                          I did say we just started working on this like tuesday didnt I......? maybe my memory is off lol you couldnt possibly have thought this was a finished version....
                                            #1550    
                                          Old December 13th, 2009 (10:53 AM).
                                          venom12's Avatar
                                          venom12 venom12 is offline
                                          Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2006
                                            Age: 26
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Adamant
                                            Posts: 529
                                            We want to add few more features to this, i will try make when pokemon attack it will move to opponent pokemon. And with the trainer owerwold is cool idea.
                                            Closed Thread
                                            Quick Reply

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:23 AM.