Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

View Poll Results: How do you think our game is doing?
WOOOOOT! It roks! 9 40.91%
Meh...it's okay 6 27.27%
....why is this even here? 1 4.55%
ACCCKKK!! My eyes bleed from seeing such a poor thread!!! 6 27.27%
other (plz elaborate) 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old December 15th, 2008 (4:57 PM).
SL1MSHADY's Avatar
SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
WATCH THE THRONE
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Pallet Town
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 325
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
    By frightening, I mean the more houses you have in a map, the more sprites you have, correct? Well, when you have 66 houses... especially on a ROUTE, you're talking at least 66 sprites, all with dialogue. Plus trainers. Plus there would be a lot more than one person in each house. Writing for all that could be a bit hectic, especially with that other project *cough cough*
    lol dont think i can handle it? lol jk
    __________________
    WATCH THE THRONE


    Relevant Advertising!

      #77    
    Old December 15th, 2008 (5:15 PM).
    h POKE's Avatar
    h POKE h POKE is offline
    angry kid and a keyboard
       
      Join Date: Nov 2008
      Location: CT
      Posts: 318
      Heheh... no, but it's me. As you can tell from what I just sent you, I'm a little over my head. Ah well... say, why do you have those five big bars of houses in the first place? Seems kinda out of place is all.

      P.S. What's the difference between a road and a route? Is it just in the name?
      __________________
      Will NOT be here next week.
        #78    
      Old December 15th, 2008 (10:07 PM).
      SL1MSHADY's Avatar
      SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
      WATCH THE THRONE
         
        Join Date: Jun 2008
        Location: Pallet Town
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 325
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
        Heheh... no, but it's me. As you can tell from what I just sent you, I'm a little over my head. Ah well... say, why do you have those five big bars of houses in the first place? Seems kinda out of place is all.

        P.S. What's the difference between a road and a route? Is it just in the name?
        lol i should have explained more:
        That side is the Team ____ Hideout...so the rows are the wearhouses that they need to take over la crescenta...
        o also, i took out all d/p screenies on the thread cuz i heard ppl were stealing em and i will replace em once it convert em to jpgs.

        ~POKEM4NlAC
        __________________
        WATCH THE THRONE

          #79    
        Old December 19th, 2008 (3:54 AM).
        JUMP3R's Avatar
        JUMP3R JUMP3R is offline
           
          Join Date: Oct 2008
          Gender:
          Posts: 14
          Very good! the pokemon center in the house is a bit weird but i like it.
          __________________


          Clicky to see my pikachu collection
          AND THESE ARE MY MUDKIPZ
            #80    
          Old December 19th, 2008 (6:30 PM).
          SL1MSHADY's Avatar
          SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
          WATCH THE THRONE
             
            Join Date: Jun 2008
            Location: Pallet Town
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Brave
            Posts: 325
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JUMP3R View Post
            Very good! the pokemon center in the house is a bit weird but i like it.
            why do you say that?
            NOTE: I will have the sprites of the fakemon to you by a week...so stay tuned!

            ~POKEM4NlAC
            __________________
            WATCH THE THRONE

              #81    
            Old December 20th, 2008 (3:02 PM).
            SL1MSHADY's Avatar
            SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
            WATCH THE THRONE
               
              Join Date: Jun 2008
              Location: Pallet Town
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 325
              I'm really sorry for the double post, but I wanted to throw out a question for our fans (if we have any lol). Since i don't know how to change the poll, I'll just ask as a post.

              Do you think that the fake towns in the new reigion should be as big as the towns in the real world (you can see I'm supersizing the towns to make them really realistic)?

              If ya don't get it, i'll try to explain better...
              but if ya do, tell me wat you think!
              __________________
              WATCH THE THRONE

                #82    
              Old December 20th, 2008 (5:14 PM).
              h POKE's Avatar
              h POKE h POKE is offline
              angry kid and a keyboard
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2008
                Location: CT
                Posts: 318
                Making extremely, and possibly excessively, large cities and towns doesn't exactly seem like a good idea. It'll get over your head too quickly. And trust me, you'll most likely just end up just feeling like making maps for this game is a drag...
                I'm looking forward to the new sprites you're going to make. I liked the pictures, but it would truly be a sign of how much progress you're making on the game. (Still looking for the map with sprites of La Crescenta...)
                For your current maps, add some interest to it. The textures are good and plenty contrasting but some places need changing up. Mostly this is a problem for the warehouse (just make a large building instead), and the mansion in the middle of La Crescenta (repetitive!).

                P.S. Instead of double posting, you can just merge the two posts by edit.
                __________________
                Will NOT be here next week.
                  #83    
                Old December 22nd, 2008 (11:26 AM).
                SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                WATCH THE THRONE
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2008
                  Location: Pallet Town
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Brave
                  Posts: 325
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
                  Making extremely, and possibly excessively, large cities and towns doesn't exactly seem like a good idea. It'll get over your head too quickly. And trust me, you'll most likely just end up just feeling like making maps for this game is a drag...
                  I'm looking forward to the new sprites you're going to make. I liked the pictures, but it would truly be a sign of how much progress you're making on the game. (Still looking for the map with sprites of La Crescenta...)
                  For your current maps, add some interest to it. The textures are good and plenty contrasting but some places need changing up. Mostly this is a problem for the warehouse (just make a large building instead), and the mansion in the middle of La Crescenta (repetitive!).

                  P.S. Instead of double posting, you can just merge the two posts by edit.
                  cuz im starting to make Los Angles right now (yes, we've decided you start out in California), and i was just wondering if i should make in big, like the real city, or not
                  __________________
                  WATCH THE THRONE

                    #84    
                  Old December 22nd, 2008 (7:26 PM).
                  Exiled~Shadow's Avatar
                  Exiled~Shadow Exiled~Shadow is offline
                  Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2007
                    Location: In a magical land full of ponies and faries!
                    Age: 22
                    Nature: Relaxed
                    Posts: 477
                    well it would be interesting... i like the idea but it could just end up being annoying for the players and the makers.

                    just do what you think is best.
                    __________________
                    ~~~~

                    An untold tale of the high seas...
                    A tale of the dawn of exploration...
                    A tale that spans time...
                    A tale, never told before...


                    Pokémon: Age of Exploration
                    Coming Soon...

                    ~~~~

                      #85    
                    Old December 23rd, 2008 (2:10 PM).
                    SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                    SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                    WATCH THE THRONE
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2008
                      Location: Pallet Town
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Brave
                      Posts: 325
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JJMcay View Post
                      well it would be interesting... i like the idea but it could just end up being annoying for the players and the makers.

                      just do what you think is best.
                      Yea, but i want it to be realistic >.<

                      wat a werid problem!!!!!

                      anyway, i want others to comment! i dont wanna make a failure of a game >.<

                      KINDA-UPDATE THING!!!
                      JJMcay is our tileset maker!!!!
                      woooottt!!
                      *deafening applause*

                      Stay tuned for more guys!!

                      *sorry for all the exclamations!!!!!*
                      lol!!!!

                      ~POKEM4NlAC
                      __________________
                      WATCH THE THRONE

                        #86    
                      Old December 24th, 2008 (3:05 PM).
                      Exiled~Shadow's Avatar
                      Exiled~Shadow Exiled~Shadow is offline
                      Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2007
                        Location: In a magical land full of ponies and faries!
                        Age: 22
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 477
                        Yes I will officially be making tiles exclusively for my and POKEM4NlAC's games so expect to see alot of new, sinnoh style tiles. I will also be continuing my position as mapper although i havent done any yet.

                        ~Merry Christmas To All Other Auzzie's Out There! The Christmas Eevee Has Come And Gone But Dellibird Has Left Us Some Presents!!!

                        Dunno why im typing this but i reckon in christmas in the land of pokemon Dellibird comes in a sleigh pulled by eevee and one of each of her evolutionary forms!
                        __________________
                        ~~~~

                        An untold tale of the high seas...
                        A tale of the dawn of exploration...
                        A tale that spans time...
                        A tale, never told before...


                        Pokémon: Age of Exploration
                        Coming Soon...

                        ~~~~

                          #87    
                        Old December 24th, 2008 (7:11 PM).
                        SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                        SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                        WATCH THE THRONE
                           
                          Join Date: Jun 2008
                          Location: Pallet Town
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Brave
                          Posts: 325
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by JJMcay View Post
                          Yes I will officially be making tiles exclusively for my and POKEM4NlAC's games so expect to see alot of new, sinnoh style tiles. I will also be continuing my position as mapper although i havent done any yet.

                          ~Merry Christmas To All Other Auzzie's Out There! The Christmas Eevee Has Come And Gone But Dellibird Has Left Us Some Presents!!!

                          Dunno why im typing this but i reckon in christmas in the land of pokemon Dellibird comes in a sleigh pulled by eevee and one of each of her evolutionary forms!
                          lol that's so cute!! >.<
                          anyway, yeah, expect the best of the best, now that we have JJ rolling with us as tileset make too!!

                          ~POKEM4NlAC
                          __________________
                          WATCH THE THRONE

                            #88    
                          Old December 28th, 2008 (10:03 AM).
                          h POKE's Avatar
                          h POKE h POKE is offline
                          angry kid and a keyboard
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2008
                            Location: CT
                            Posts: 318
                            *bumps*
                            Poem, you really need to work on those maps...
                            Not only for your own game, though. (although I would like to have some more work on this game).
                            __________________
                            Will NOT be here next week.
                              #89    
                            Old December 28th, 2008 (4:51 PM).
                            SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                            SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                            WATCH THE THRONE
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2008
                              Location: Pallet Town
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Brave
                              Posts: 325
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
                              *bumps*
                              Poem, you really need to work on those maps...
                              Not only for your own game, though. (although I would like to have some more work on this game).
                              whos poem?
                              but, yea, sorry guys for the recent un-update-ness...
                              I was busy remaking the tiles, and now that i have a bigger inventory, expect better quality maps (hopefully >.<)
                              that's all for now!
                              thanks

                              ~POKEM4NlAC
                              __________________
                              WATCH THE THRONE

                                #90    
                              Old December 28th, 2008 (4:53 PM).
                              InMooseWeTrust's Avatar
                              InMooseWeTrust InMooseWeTrust is offline
                              Jack of All Trades
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2007
                                Location: Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Careful
                                Posts: 814
                                Wow, you really planned this out. Good luck to you.
                                __________________
                                Pokémon: Battles of the Past
                                Site Thread
                                Black2 FC: 5072 6059 9635
                                  #91    
                                Old December 28th, 2008 (7:25 PM).
                                SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                                SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                                WATCH THE THRONE
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jun 2008
                                  Location: Pallet Town
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Brave
                                  Posts: 325
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
                                  Wow, you really planned this out. Good luck to you.
                                  Wow, thanks!
                                  I really appreciate your encouragement!

                                  Oh yea, I've decided that this thread hasn't got too many ideas, so we've made everyone on the thread idealists! You don't have to contribute, but i hope we'll let this game be appreciated by everyone that way
                                  Thanks!

                                  ~POKEM4NlAC
                                  __________________
                                  WATCH THE THRONE

                                    #92    
                                  Old December 28th, 2008 (7:31 PM).
                                  h POKE's Avatar
                                  h POKE h POKE is offline
                                  angry kid and a keyboard
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2008
                                    Location: CT
                                    Posts: 318
                                    I meant POKEM earlier, but messed up.
                                    Anyways, I think we may need some more ideas, but don't you think you should implement the ones you already have? And make those maps?
                                    __________________
                                    Will NOT be here next week.
                                      #93    
                                    Old December 31st, 2008 (1:50 PM).
                                    SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                                    SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                                    WATCH THE THRONE
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jun 2008
                                      Location: Pallet Town
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Brave
                                      Posts: 325
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
                                      I meant POKEM earlier, but messed up.
                                      Anyways, I think we may need some more ideas, but don't you think you should implement the ones you already have? And make those maps?
                                      yea, im working on them...plz be patient, it's kinda hard though >.<

                                      oh, yea, i got a spriter, and he's working on the starters!!!!
                                      stay tuned!

                                      ~POKEM4NlAC
                                      __________________
                                      WATCH THE THRONE

                                        #94    
                                      Old December 31st, 2008 (2:12 PM).
                                      h POKE's Avatar
                                      h POKE h POKE is offline
                                      angry kid and a keyboard
                                         
                                        Join Date: Nov 2008
                                        Location: CT
                                        Posts: 318
                                        Yeah, I kind of noticed this thread was falling back in the pages recently. Hopefully there's a big update coming... I'll be there when you need me to write for you.

                                        P.S. I really liked the pictures you drew of the pokemon. Here's hoping that the actual sprites are just as good!
                                        __________________
                                        Will NOT be here next week.
                                          #95    
                                        Old January 3rd, 2009 (12:52 PM).
                                        SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                                        SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                                        WATCH THE THRONE
                                           
                                          Join Date: Jun 2008
                                          Location: Pallet Town
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Brave
                                          Posts: 325
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
                                          Yeah, I kind of noticed this thread was falling back in the pages recently. Hopefully there's a big update coming... I'll be there when you need me to write for you.

                                          P.S. I really liked the pictures you drew of the pokemon. Here's hoping that the actual sprites are just as good!
                                          thanks, i really appreciate it

                                          im sorry, but i really need to work on my game, so updates might take a while!
                                          sorry!!!

                                          ~POKEM4NlAC
                                          __________________
                                          WATCH THE THRONE

                                            #96    
                                          Old January 3rd, 2009 (5:44 PM).
                                          Exiled~Shadow's Avatar
                                          Exiled~Shadow Exiled~Shadow is offline
                                          Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2007
                                            Location: In a magical land full of ponies and faries!
                                            Age: 22
                                            Nature: Relaxed
                                            Posts: 477
                                            dont be sory, stuff like this takes time and you have to learn to appreciate that... i had to the hard way....
                                            __________________
                                            ~~~~

                                            An untold tale of the high seas...
                                            A tale of the dawn of exploration...
                                            A tale that spans time...
                                            A tale, never told before...


                                            Pokémon: Age of Exploration
                                            Coming Soon...

                                            ~~~~

                                              #97    
                                            Old January 3rd, 2009 (5:53 PM).
                                            SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                                            SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                                            WATCH THE THRONE
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jun 2008
                                              Location: Pallet Town
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Brave
                                              Posts: 325
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by JJMcay View Post
                                              dont be sory, stuff like this takes time and you have to learn to appreciate that... i had to the hard way....
                                              thanks for the support!!!
                                              we really appreciate it!

                                              ~POKEM4NlAC
                                              __________________
                                              WATCH THE THRONE

                                                #98    
                                              Old January 5th, 2009 (5:26 PM).
                                              <~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
                                              <~F.M.P~> <~F.M.P~> is offline
                                              I got you whistling Blue Box!
                                              • Silver Tier
                                               
                                              Join Date: Jul 2006
                                              Location: Germany
                                              Age: 25
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Mild
                                              Posts: 640
                                              Your game will go far...thats all I have to say, and your mapping is very good...I'll be keepin an eye out for this project.
                                                #99    
                                              Old January 5th, 2009 (6:56 PM).
                                              SL1MSHADY's Avatar
                                              SL1MSHADY SL1MSHADY is offline
                                              WATCH THE THRONE
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jun 2008
                                                Location: Pallet Town
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Brave
                                                Posts: 325
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by <~Flood~> View Post
                                                Your game will go far...thats all I have to say, and your mapping is very good...I'll be keepin an eye out for this project.
                                                thanks!
                                                i luv your game!!!
                                                btw, do you have suggestions for what we could do better?

                                                oh yeah guys... i might have really good news!! i asked another game maker if he wanted to merge and im awaiting his answer!!
                                                isnt it great???

                                                stay tuned!!

                                                ~POKEM4NlAC
                                                __________________
                                                WATCH THE THRONE

                                                  #100    
                                                Old January 6th, 2009 (5:07 PM).
                                                h POKE's Avatar
                                                h POKE h POKE is offline
                                                angry kid and a keyboard
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Nov 2008
                                                  Location: CT
                                                  Posts: 318
                                                  What game is it? You realize, if you merge with a game you think is good, but is actually a clunker, you threaten not only your own idea, but the other one as well (also you'd have to work with people you potentially don't like...
                                                  You do realize that merging ideas is never a good thing, right? It's like having your company get bought out.
                                                  __________________
                                                  Will NOT be here next week.
                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

                                                  Sponsored Links
                                                  Thread Tools

                                                  Posting Rules
                                                  You may not post new threads
                                                  You may not post replies
                                                  You may not post attachments
                                                  You may not edit your posts

                                                  BB code is On
                                                  Smilies are On
                                                  [IMG] code is On
                                                  HTML code is Off

                                                  Forum Jump


                                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:44 PM.