Swift!

The Swiftiest

Male
Sydney, Australia
Seen March 25th, 2019
Posted December 7th, 2014
2,385 posts
10.9 Years
Do you ever call a Pokemon a silly/stupid name when you're talking about it?
I don't mean, do you nickname them strangely. I mean, if you're talking about Pokemom to someone in person do you sometimes call a Pokemon by a silly name that you've just made up?

I do, sometimes...

Caterpie = Cater-pie
Rattata = Ratatatat
Clefairy = Fairwy Fairwy
Golduck = Gold-duck
Dewgong = Deeew-gong-gong
Haunter = Hunter Hunter (in a weird voice)
Kingler = Cookie Cookie
Lickitung = Licking!
Chansey = Chunsey Chunsey
Chikorita = Chikor
Totodile = To-to-dile (i say it just like Ash's does in the anime)
Xatu = Zatu Zat Zat Zat
Wobbuffet = Wah! Buff-et (just like in the anime XD)
Scizor = See-zor!
Teddiursa = Teddi Teddi-ursa!
Piloswine = Pile of Swine (XD)
Zigzagoon = Zigzagging-oon
Pelipper = Pelper
Gardevoir = Gar Devour (O_o)
Exploud = Exploudsion
Cacnea = Cac Neaaah! (anime...)
Wynaut = Why? Wynaut

Does anyone else do this? Or am I just strange? O_o
Creator of PC's Prettiest Profile Contest

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe

Misery
Seen March 8th, 2013
Posted November 8th, 2009
96 posts
10.8 Years
do you sometimes call a Pokemon by a silly name that you've just made up?

I do this often. I had made up inappropiate nicknames for the 3rd gen Pokemon (because I hadn't gotten Ruby or Sapphire until a year or more after their release, and so I hated the 3rd gen Pokemon until then). Otherwise, I have a few I say when encountering them in DP:

Machoke = Machokin' his chicken! (Yes, because of the sprite comic Pokemon X)
Meditite = Meditight like Spandex
Tentacool = Tenta kewl

That's basically all I can think of now.
Enter the W Universe

PM me for Friend Registration in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl & Platinum, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Animal Crossing: City Folk and/or Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Only a 1% chance of rejection!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font></i>

Age 23
Male
Seen February 13th, 2019
Posted October 4th, 2015
5,186 posts
13.3 Years
I used to call Rattata Ratatata, but just because my imagination overtook reading when I was young.

But otherwise, no names I can remember except that I used to call female Machokes as Ma'amchokes o_0.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!

Age 28
Male
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Seen November 4th, 2012
Posted January 9th, 2012
1,723 posts
10.8 Years
EmoEagle the Staraptor
Dozey the Quagsire
LittleOne the Azelf
Fungusaur the Breloom
Boo the Gengar
BreakStuff the Metagross
Off! the Yanmega
Plutoface the Deoxys-S
FeelYouUp<3 the Tentacruel
RickRoll'd the Electivire
Octagonapus the Machamp
DrugAddict the Mamoswine
HerdYaLiek the Swampert
Tweety the Zapdos
PaperPlane the Togekiss
+3#w!nzz0rzz the Lucario
Mojonbo the Tangrowth
DiscoPants the Blaziken
SandSanta the Hippowdon

I also gave some funny nicknames to my ingame Pokemon.

Wroarroaar the Dialga
Freddy the Darkrai
FugMuncher the Palkia
KittyCat the Meowth

Bleh. :p
"I've seen a lot of things, but this...This is a first."- Ezreal, the Prodigal Explorer, after meeting Rammus

Yourself

Taking a break from PC

The City of Gold
Seen March 3rd, 2012
Posted February 25th, 2009
23 posts
10.5 Years
As perverted, and overused as it is, I name my Metapod "Penis" because of Metapod's favorite move. :3
Once upon a time, there was a man who was convinced that he possessed a Great Idea. Indeed, as the man thought upon the Great Idea more and more, he realized that it was not just a great idea, but the most wonderful idea ever. The Great Idea would unravel the mysteries of the universe, supersede the authority of the corrupt and error-ridden Establishment, confer nigh-magical powers upon its wielders, feed the hungry, heal the sick, make the whole world a better place, etc. etc. etc.

The man was Francis Bacon, his Great Idea was the scientific method, and he was the only crackpot in all history to claim that level of benefit to humanity and turn out to be completely right.

Avey

The Mad Hatter

Seen December 22nd, 2016
Posted July 27th, 2015
4,423 posts
11.5 Years
I have an English friend and his way of saying Lanturn was 'Anturn. I found it funny and nicknamed my Lanturn after his way of speaking.

Apart from that, no.
'It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.'

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!

Age 23
Male
Cerulean City, Kanto
Seen April 16th, 2010
Posted December 30th, 2009
501 posts
10.7 Years
I've always named my Bulbasaur's Bulba... Rattata is something everybody in my school pronounces wrong. Even I do. I always say Rattatat by mistake. Same with everybody else. Why such a confusing name?!?! WHY!?!?!
And I've recently started naming all Onix's I catch, Rocky. Some other habbit. And Geodudes annoy me so much. I give them names I wouldn't say on this forum =D *lmao*

Oh and the Metapod using harden. Lmao xD
Can't be bothered to catch 'em all!!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!

Male
Stuck in Generation 3 :(
Seen July 23rd, 2017
Posted June 9th, 2017
1,761 posts
10.8 Years
I think so... I mean, in-game I give my Pokemon decent or nice nicknames, but when I'm saying the names aloud, I occasionally like to imitate the anime sounds. My faves include Mudkip, Totodile, Squirtle, Wobbufet, Xatu, Blastoise, Scizor, and Blaziken! :)

Also, I like imitating a certain Granbull from Pokemon: The Movie 3. I think that when the remixed theme song ends, all the other Pokemon begin eating, while a odd Granbull just sits there and goes: "RAWR! RAWR!" randomly, staring into space. It is so funny 'cause the Granbull seems so out of place in that scene blurting sounds out like that! :laugh::laugh: Imagine if you "RAWR"-ed randomly in public! (btw, I haven't and don't plan on ever roaring randomly like that in public! It's fun to do when no one's around, though! :D)
"The balance of power has shifted." Regret | Solemnity | ElitenessIntensity

Currently in intermittent forum activity for 2017. ;_; Credit to Game Freak for avatar and signature. @Fenyx4 on Bulbapedia for more about me. Tune into TOONAMI!

Mitchman

Banned

Age 26
Male
Southern Europe
Seen January 25th, 2013
Posted October 21st, 2009
7,486 posts
11.5 Years
To the whole metapod joke:
There is this video on youtube with a metapod who used all these moves and they ahere harden withdraw and another one. Best thing it was on blue where withdraw looks like a condom. Best vid ever.
Anyway to distinguish my pokemon i have them with a nice little ending,
Turtwisan
Staraptosan
And so on so forth.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........

Age 24
Female
Peach Creek...I wish.
Seen April 9th, 2011
Posted April 9th, 2011
1,125 posts
10.8 Years
Aw man, you guys have forever changed my view of Metapod. xDDD

But, I don't really nickname Pokemon or give them weird names, because....I can't think of any good names!!
"Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
"The reason I talk to myself is that I'm the only one whose answers I accept."
George Carlin
:cer_boogie:
Advertiser Content